Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Not possible to rotate Token

As stated it is not possible to rotate a token as there are the 3 Bubbles in the way: The point to rotate the token is hidden behind the green bubble!
If you select the token and hold down the "E" key, the token can be rotated in 45 degree increments using the middle mouse button. If you hold down both the "E" and "Alt" keys, the middle mouse button will "free rotate" the token.
Thank you for your answer ;) I already knew about those, but normally I use my mouse and the handle to rotate tokens... and this is - as proven by the screenshot - not possible, which should be fixed ASAP ^-^ Rick A. said: If you select the token and hold down the "E" key, the token can be rotated in 45 degree increments using the middle mouse button. If you hold down both the "E" and "Alt" keys, the middle mouse button will "free rotate" the token.

Edited 1693003904
Gauss
Forum Champion
TheMarkus1204,  In addition to the suggestion offered by Rick A. you can also change your zoom level and the handle will become available.  For me, at 100% the handle is between the token and the green bubble.  By the time I reach 150% the handle is under the green bubble.  By 240% or so it is popping out the other side of the green bubble.  This is really just a function of the bubbles staying more or less static in size while the handle is not. This is actually desirable as this can make the handles easier to grab by zooming in.  As always, if you feel this is a bug the best place to report it is via the Help Center as the Bug Report forum is mainly for users helping users. 
Problem with this map the screenshot is from is, that is is huge and that you are not able to simply grab the zoom handle at 100% as it is too small! And by Zooming in - as you wrote - it is below the green bubble and thus not grabable! There are other options - of course - but yes, I call this a bug. Those handles should be available ALL the time and not depending on the Level of Zoom you are currently using... Gauss said: TheMarkus1204,  In addition to the suggestion offered by Rick A. you can also change your zoom level and the handle will become available.  For me, at 100% the handle is between the token and the green bubble.  By the time I reach 150% the handle is under the green bubble.  By 240% or so it is popping out the other side of the green bubble.  This is really just a function of the bubbles staying more or less static in size while the handle is not. This is actually desirable as this can make the handles easier to grab by zooming in.  As always, if you feel this is a bug the best place to report it is via the Help Center as the Bug Report forum is mainly for users helping users.