Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Change Medium Armor Dex Limit

Essen
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hi there. I want to be able to change the Dex limit of certain magical armor in 5e. Is there a way to do it in Item Mods, or would it require a lot more work?

Edited 1694132189
Gauss
Forum Champion
Assuming this is for the D&D 5e by Roll20 character sheet: No you cannot change the Dex limit of armor, it is tied to the type.  However, you can add a bonus to the armor class based on the difference between the normal limit and the current dexterity value. 
Essen
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Yeah, I know. The character is a shapeshifter with magic armor, so I was hoping to save myself some labor. I can probably do it with a macro, but it's still one more thing to track.
Essen
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Is it possible to add a custom armor type to the current sheet? Or does that require a custom sheet? Character sheet making is one thing I know zero about.

Edited 1694186484
If you are using the D&D 5E by Roll20 character sheet, you can  drop-and-drop a type of armor from the compendium that has the DEX limit that you want, then edit the ITEM NAME and MODS lines to make them what you need. Alternatively, you could drop in the armor that you want then edit the MODS field to change the armor's Item Type to Medium (Max DEX mod +2) or Light (No DEX mod limit) Edit: In this example, I added Leather Armor to the equipment list, then changed the AC in the MODS line to 15 and renamed it "Special Armor". You can also alter the weight and description.