Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is there a way to allow a token's vision to ignore Dynamic Lighting barriers?

There are specific situations where a player's token can see over/thru a dynamic lighting barrier, such as while flying, standing at the top of a wall, etc. Currently, I copy the player's token and shrink its size, allowing the player to use the "mini-me" token as a camera. This works ok in most cases but sometimes, such as when the character is flying high above the map and can see over everything, I need to create multiple copies of the character's "mini-me" which clutter up the map. I'd like to be able to create a token that has vision that ignores all DL features and assign control of it to the specific player. Any ideas?
There is no token setting to ignore Dynamic Lighting lines.  What I would suggest is creating a 'Flying Vision' character for that player, and pre-placing transparent tokens in the areas that are needed to see the entire map. Then you can use TokenMod to move all of those tokens between the GM and Objects layer, with a Token Action command on their regular character:  Not Flying !token-mod {{ --ignore-selected --ids @{Flying Vision|character_id} --current-page --set layer|gmlayer }} Flying !token-mod {{ --ignore-selected --ids @{Flying Vision|character_id} --current-page --set layer|objects }}

Edited 1694540301
Thanks, Jarren That's very close to what I was planning to try in our next session. I was just wondering if there was a way to avoid having the multiple "Flying Vision" tokens. Jarren said: There is no token setting to ignore Dynamic Lighting lines.  What I would suggest is creating a 'Flying Vision' character for that player, and pre-placing transparent tokens in the areas that are needed to see the entire map. Then you can use TokenMod to move all of those tokens between the GM and Objects layer, with a Token Action command on their regular character: