Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Turn Order "Count" Settings

Essen
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I dislike that I can't remove or change the "Count" setting on the turn order. As is, it serves little function. I can't set it to track visible enemies, track tokens with a specific tag, or the number of turns that have passed. If it's going to be there, I'd like to be able to make it useful some how.
Agree, it's pretty useless. All it does is tell you how many tokens are in the turn order. It wasn't there in the last iteration of the tracker.
+1, this "feature" seems pointless to me, and can divulge information the players don't know, like the reserve force hiding around the corner, or the hidden enemy sneaking around to their rear to backstab. Showing a count to the DM alone is useful. Showing it to the players is outright harmful.
They did change this in an update. For the players, the counter only shows the number of tokens that have rolled initiative that are on the object layer; only the GM's tracker includes ones that are on the GM layer. Ken S. said: +1, this "feature" seems pointless to me, and can divulge information the players don't know, like the reserve force hiding around the corner, or the hidden enemy sneaking around to their rear to backstab. Showing a count to the DM alone is useful. Showing it to the players is outright harmful.
Essen
Pro
Marketplace Creator
The count actually shows the count for tokens on the Lighting and Token layers. Not sure if that matters to most people, but I thought it was a strange setting.
That is odd. Maybe an oversight? I've never rolled initiative for a lantern or door :D Essen said: The count actually shows the count for tokens on the Lighting and Token layers. Not sure if that matters to most people, but I thought it was a strange setting.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .