Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Questions concerning DynamicLightRecorder script

I tried using  DynamicLightRecorder  to create tokens with attached DL lines for my players, specifically for the D&D 5e  Darkness  spell and the  Daern's Instant Fortress magic item. i want the players to be able to drag the spell or item from the journal and then be able to manipulate it themselves instead of me asking them "Is this where you want it? How about now? OK, now?" ... ad nauseum. It didn't quite work as I wanted because the script requires that the graphics be on the map layer, which players don't have access to. Also, the DL lines that get attached to the graphics always come out as very thin black lines, which are nearly impossible to individually select (or for that matter even see ) if you want to edit them later. The original thread about this script is seven years old and locked, and I don't even know if the author is still around. Can anyone give me a clue on how or if the script can be altered to change the map layer requirement or at least configure the DL lines to be more easily seen for editing purposes? (Being able to add one-way DL barriers would be great too, but that's likely asking too much :) )
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Rats, I forgot about the walls layer requirement for DynamicLightRecorder when I recommended it.  I'm about 60% finished with a modern replacement that should support what you're interested in, I'll try to finish it up over the holiday break. I looked at what it would take to retrofit DLR to fix the walls layer and black lines, and it would be more effort than just finishing what I've been working on.
Thank Aaron! I'll wait for the finished redesign. My players and I have managed without it so far so we'll be patient. :)