Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

The Jumpgate Beta for Pro Users Has Arrived!

Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
I've noticed that when I Select All tokens on the map, there's spurious bubbles appearing top left as if there's a token at (0, 0) on the map. There's no token there, of course. I attach a screen capture of my Jumpgate TOR2e game while logged in with my Free test account. 
It seems that NON-Jumpgate games do lag really bad... Don't know if it is because of the parallel beta for Jumpgate or if it is just me...
Intel iMac running Sonoma 14.4 keithcurtis said: Are you on Apple Silicon? What OS?  Apple M1 Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71) John said: I'm also on a Mac/Chrome and I can double click a token to access token settings. keithcurtis said: EDIT: This appears to be a Mac issue. I can open by double-clicking on a Chromebook. On the Mac, I have discovered that the cog can still be used to open token settings, so there's a workaround. I don't think I have used the cog in years though. Much faster to double-click. Andrew R.  said: Replicated on my Mac Mini in Chrome 123.0.6312.87 & Firefox 124.0.1 
Another Issue I found: NON Jumpgate Game. Gear Icon for Tokens is broken! (not only for Token Settings but in certain character sheet as well!)

Edited 1711816334
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
For those with the Mac token settings issue. I have discovered what the problem is. The speed of the double click appears to be different on Jumpgate from Classic . I have to click extremely rapidly for a double click to register. Like take my hand off the mouse and rapidly tap my finger down faster than I can accomplish with a normal hand position. This is also true to a lesser extent on trackpad. I am using a Logitech mouse which has programmable buttons, but no way to control double click sensitivity (it bypasses the system pointer controls). For the time being I have programmed another button to deliver a virtual double click, but if the sensitivity of this has been increased on the server end, can it be dialed back? I do not have this issue anywhere else, just Roll20 token double-click. Edit: This would explain the differing reports: likely different pointer devices.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi TheMarkus1204,  Based on your other report in the D&D 5e by Roll20 thread I am thinking there is a problem on your end resolving icons.  Does this happen in Firefox? 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
On the subject of clicks, the right click menu now requires a second click to generate a sub menu, rather than generate it on a hover. Is there a design reason for this?
keithcurtis said: On the subject of clicks, the right click menu now requires a second click to generate a sub menu, rather than generate it on a hover. Is there a design reason for this? Seems to be a problem with Chrome. On Firefox everything is fine! (Latest Chrome)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Activating Daylight Mode via the fog of war tool men does not actually activate Daylight Mode. I need to visit the page settings for this to resolve.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
TheMarkus1204 said: keithcurtis said: On the subject of clicks, the right click menu now requires a second click to generate a sub menu, rather than generate it on a hover. Is there a design reason for this? Seems to be a problem with Chrome. On Firefox everything is fine! (Latest Chrome) There's probably more going on. On Firefox, I still require the second click to generate the submenu.
On creating a copy of an existing game from old to jumpgate - text on pages is translated into a token and is not editable. It also loses any leading - all sentences are squashed with no line spacing. Not great. Also, when "appear on hover" is invoked for token names and bars - they do not always appear upon hover - but only react after a refresh. iMac - Intel I7, Firefox.
keithcurtis said: On the subject of clicks, the right click menu now requires a second click to generate a sub menu, rather than generate it on a hover. Is there a design reason for this? I noticed this as well in Edge, which is Chromium based.
You can now  place objects anywhere you’d like on the screen , including outside the bounds of the page itself.      Any objects that you place outside the page boundary will be visible to only the GM. This is something that I would hope is a toggle/something that can be switched off or some other solution to be found.  While I can understand this is handy to many GMs, it also makes seeing the map as your players see it a much bigger pain in the butt, especially if you are not using a visible grid pattern.  I would personally prefer the option to ALWAYS just show what the actual page size/crop is set to, instead of seeing the entire map uncropped. GM view using Grid: Player View using Grid: GM View with no grid (map page size 102x69): GM View with no grid (map page cropped to 50x50): Player View using no grid (map crop to 50x50) As you can see in the GM view of the cropped map with no grid lines, there's no actual indication of what the player sees, which means if you are trying to crop to a specific view, you either have to enable the grid lines and try and align it to that, or have to switch back and forth from the GM view and the Player view of the VTT (which, while quicker with Jumpgate, is not a good solution and still time consuming over the existing method). Suggested Fixes: Create a Display Setting toggle for "GM view shows Player map page size" & "GM view shows full map".  (Preferred Solution) Have a very clear delineation on the GM View when the page size crops the full map image of what the cropped view is and what is "off map", such as a dimmed view of areas outside the page cropped size/player view, or having a clear outline of the outer bounds of the page.  (I think this should be done no matter what with this new change) Do not display any part of map images that are out of the bounds of the current page, only allowing items on the Token or GM layer to be outside the bounds of the page.  (which isn't a great solution because while that works for me, many people might want to use that space for map layer items too). Thank you for taking the time and hopefully this is able to be addressed.  Appreciate all the hard work going into this update.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I like Option 2 best out of those. The area outside of page bounds could obey the GM Layer opacity setting.
keithcurtis said: I like Option 2 best out of those. The area outside of page bounds could obey the GM Layer opacity setting. I second that.

Edited 1711860323
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
<  Farnsworth > Good news, everyone!  I can report that my ScriptCards macros are working OK in my 13th Age Glorantha game copied to Jumpgate, where all the monster abilities are in ScriptCards. This includes the --i Information Request and the --s & --l Save & Load.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Andrew R. said: I've noticed that when I Select All tokens on the map, there's spurious bubbles appearing top left as if there's a token at (0, 0) on the map. There's no token there, of course. I attach a screen capture of my Jumpgate TOR2e game while logged in with my Free test account.  I ran into this exact issue last night. IIRC, they disappeared after a reload.
JmanX said: You can now  place objects anywhere you’d like on the screen , including outside the bounds of the page itself.      Any objects that you place outside the page boundary will be visible to only the GM. As you can see in the GM view of the cropped map with no grid lines, there's no actual indication of what the player sees, which means if you are trying to crop to a specific view, you either have to enable the grid lines and try and align it to that, or have to switch back and forth from the GM view and the Player view of the VTT (which, while quicker with Jumpgate, is not a good solution and still time consuming over the existing method). Suggested Fixes: Create a Display Setting toggle for "GM view shows Player map page size" & "GM view shows full map".  (Preferred Solution) Have a very clear delineation on the GM View when the page size crops the full map image of what the cropped view is and what is "off map", such as a dimmed view of areas outside the page cropped size/player view, or having a clear outline of the outer bounds of the page.  (I think this should be done no matter what with this new change) Do not display any part of map images that are out of the bounds of the current page, only allowing items on the Token or GM layer to be outside the bounds of the page.  (which isn't a great solution because while that works for me, many people might want to use that space for map layer items too). Thank you for taking the time and hopefully this is able to be addressed.  Appreciate all the hard work going into this update. Thanks for the feedback on this! We've definitely discussed making it a Page Setting option so you could choose to show the "out of bounds" areas to players or hide it as you prefer.
Andrew R. said: <  Farnsworth > Good news, everyone!  I can report that my ScriptCards macros are working OK in my 13th Age Glorantha game copied to Jumpgate, where all the monster abilities are in ScriptCards. This includes the --i Information Request and the --s & --l Save & Load. :cheers: :partyhat:
keithcurtis said: Andrew R. said: I've noticed that when I Select All tokens on the map, there's spurious bubbles appearing top left as if there's a token at (0, 0) on the map. There's no token there, of course. I attach a screen capture of my Jumpgate TOR2e game while logged in with my Free test account.  I ran into this exact issue last night. IIRC, they disappeared after a reload. Got it we'll get this logged.
John S. said: On creating a copy of an existing game from old to jumpgate - text on pages is translated into a token and is not editable. It also loses any leading - all sentences are squashed with no line spacing. Not great. Also, when "appear on hover" is invoked for token names and bars - they do not always appear upon hover - but only react after a refresh. iMac - Intel I7, Firefox. We'll investigate this and see if we can track down what's going on there.
keithcurtis said: For those with the Mac token settings issue. I have discovered what the problem is. The speed of the double click appears to be different on Jumpgate from Classic . I have to click extremely rapidly for a double click to register. Like take my hand off the mouse and rapidly tap my finger down faster than I can accomplish with a normal hand position. This is also true to a lesser extent on trackpad. I am using a Logitech mouse which has programmable buttons, but no way to control double click sensitivity (it bypasses the system pointer controls). For the time being I have programmed another button to deliver a virtual double click, but if the sensitivity of this has been increased on the server end, can it be dialed back? I do not have this issue anywhere else, just Roll20 token double-click. Edit: This would explain the differing reports: likely different pointer devices. Okay yeah we'll look into that and see what we can find out.
Daniel S. said: I'm excited for the new features, this seems like a great step in the right direction. Just adding my two cents here. I created a duplicate game with jumpgate. The jumpgate version is unusably slow in responsiveness at every level, regardless of map size, etc. compared to the original game. I'm on a Macbook pro running Mac Os X 10.14 on Chrome ( Version 116.0.5845.187 (Official Build) (x86_64)) . I have been getting some notifications that my Chrome is out of date for a few months. Not sure whether that's relevant here or not. Hmmm...both your OS version and your Chrome version are pretty out of date. Is that a hardware limitation or? You might look at  chrome://gpu/  and see what it says. If you aren't getting Hardware Acceleration for all the WebGL stuff then that might be the issue?

Edited 1711898226
Riley D.
Roll20 Team
keithcurtis said: Riley D. said: Hey folks, We just pushed out another update for Jumpgate based on your reports/feedback. Custom token marker sets (including Marketplace sets) should now be functioning properly. I cannot get Custom Token Markers to appear on the token (Mac/Chrome). They can be selected in the token interface, but they do not appear on token. I can select and make appear the standard color dots, but it appears that about 13px of margin have been applied to them, obscuring the token image more than necessary. Also, the "Compact, Bottom Overlapping" token bar is a good deal thicker, further covering the image. Here is a screen shot of Classic vs. Jumpgate: Okay yeah can confirm these aren't fully working yet...sigh. We had them working on our staging environment but something about production still doesn't like them. We'll get this fixed.

Edited 1711904455
Riley D. said: John S. said: On creating a copy of an existing game from old to jumpgate - text on pages is translated into a token and is not editable. It also loses any leading - all sentences are squashed with no line spacing. Not great. Also, when "appear on hover" is invoked for token names and bars - they do not always appear upon hover - but only react after a refresh. iMac - Intel I7, Firefox. We'll investigate this and see if we can track down what's going on there. I see this on a new token placed on a map where the other tokens came over from a copied game. The copies all behave as expected when appear on hover but not the new token. First I tried retoggling the setting but it did not change anything. Refresh does fix this. But one issue, is that when clicking the token so the radial bubbles, hp bar and nameplate appear, and clicking off the token, the hp bar remains. Hovering over the token and then moving the mouse away from the token, fixes it. Hope this helps.

Edited 1711917109
I made a copy of an existing game to try Jumpgate. I loaded all the same MODs that I use in the original. None of the macros that I created using Tokenmod are working. Teleport and Wildshape are also not working. (Wildshape is not recognizing selected tokens. Double-left-click on a token is tricky; I need to be much faster than normal, and when it does work it takes 5-10 seconds for the menu to pop up. Shift-double-left-click for calling up a character sheet is also tricky and also experiencing very slow loading. I double-checked that everything was still working normally in the original game. Using the D&D 5E by Roll20 character sheet Windows 10 Pro  Version  22H2  OS build  19045.3693 Chrome  Version 123.0.6312.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Rick A. said: I made a copy of an existing game to try Jumpgate. I loaded all the same MODs that I use in the original. None of the macros that I created using Tokenmod are working. Teleport and Wildshape are also not working. (Wildshape is not recognizing selected tokens. Double-left-click on a token is tricky; I need to be much faster than normal, and when it does work it takes 5-10 seconds for the menu to pop up. Shift-double-left-click for calling up a character sheet is also tricky and also experiencing very slow loading. I double-checked that everything was still working normally in the original game. Using the D&D 5E by Roll20 character sheet Windows 10 Pro  Version  22H2  OS build  19045.3693 Chrome  Version 123.0.6312.86 (Official Build) (64-bit) Rick - I believe the issue with TokenMod not working is associated with it not picking up and passing the Selected Tokenid to Mod scripts.  None of my Mods/APIs that rely upon a selected token currently work.  This is a known issue that they are working on.  

Edited 1711919831
Daniel S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Riley D. said: Daniel S. said: I'm excited for the new features, this seems like a great step in the right direction. Just adding my two cents here. I created a duplicate game with jumpgate. The jumpgate version is unusably slow in responsiveness at every level, regardless of map size, etc. compared to the original game. I'm on a Macbook pro running Mac Os X 10.14 on Chrome ( Version 116.0.5845.187 (Official Build) (x86_64)) . I have been getting some notifications that my Chrome is out of date for a few months. Not sure whether that's relevant here or not. Hmmm...both your OS version and your Chrome version are pretty out of date. Is that a hardware limitation or? You might look at&nbsp; chrome://gpu/ &nbsp;and see what it says. If you aren't getting Hardware Acceleration for all the WebGL stuff then that might be the issue? Thanks for the response! Here's my Chrome report, if it's helpful in some way.&nbsp; <a href="https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RTAeh8i_YVWFZ8q53e3oqnLaut2MktwO4AY-w4kjVGM/edit?usp=sharing" rel="nofollow">https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RTAeh8i_YVWFZ8q53e3oqnLaut2MktwO4AY-w4kjVGM/edit?usp=sharing</a> I've been putting off the update over some unrelated software compatibility concerns. It looks like this version of Chrome is from last September. As of right now, I only get very rare issues in Chrome, and things are overall smooth, especially in Roll20 normally. If it's looking like I'll need a more recent OS for jumpgate to work I'd be open to it, but hopefully it's not a necessity. I can't be the only person who might be running games on an older version of Chrome (and not especially dated either).
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm testing the&nbsp; 13th Age by Roll20 character sheet in my 13th Age Glorantha game copied to Jumpgate. I've found these problems: Rolling Initiative gives this error message, even though I have the token selected as usual.&nbsp; You wanted to send the result of this roll to the turn tracker, but no valid token was selected! Rolling Icon Relationships gives this error message. SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but end of input found. That's all I've found so far, testing with a nice simple Ranger character. Testing with a complex Wizard or Monk to follow.&nbsp;
Hello, everyone! Long post, sorry. This past weekend we’ve had a big 5,5 hours game session using Jumpgate copy of “Dungeon of the Mad Mage” 5e game. Considering all the maps there are huge it was an interesting test of productivity of the new platform and me and several of my players noticed big improvements in the performance and load times (huge thanks for that)! But, of course, there were quite a lot of issues too: The performance seems to vary considerably depending on the browser that the player uses - many of my guys experienced huge issues with load time on Chrome and switched to Firefox which seems to work much better but it was not a desirable change for some people, because previously they used Chrome with no issues. We’ve had big bugs with Dynamic lightning - sometimes the darkvision of the players broke through the walls when they weren’t even moving the tokens but simply panned the map to the side. and then it looked like they explored the map beyond the walls. It was fixed on the spot by adding the explorable fog of war on those spots beyond the walls but it was a bit nerve-wracking, especially in a module like DoMM where there are hidden rooms and secret doors galore. With one specific player it was quite comical - he saw all the tokens on the whole map in one browser (Edge) and all the map as explored and with lags on the other browser (Firefox). Since then I’ve refilled the whole map with explorable darkness several times and then tried to open the spots that the players already visited as revealed but it didn’t work for anybody. The initiative is still broken, as far as I see it’s a known issue though. Custom token markers don’t work as well and sometimes the basic token markers (like big red cross) were not displaying for some tokens. Tooltips (and sometimes nameplates as well) were not visible to the playes even though I’ve checked all the settings and they should have been visible. This module has all the monsters action displayed as token actions with macros and all the players saw them and were able to click on these buttons. And a minor issue but the one that confounded me a lot during the game - I have two keyboard layouts on the computer (English and Russian). If I was using the Russian layout I wasn’t able to ping, use the key combinations like blowing up the tokens with shift+z etc. It wasn’t a problem with the “classic” roll20 and I would hugely appreciate if it was fixed. BTW I’m preparing for the next session in the Jumpgate game so I hope for the best and try to keep positivity flowing within the players as well;)
Fran
Roll20 Production Team
Hello folks! My name is Frances, I am on the design team at Roll20. While team is working on this awesome feedback - &nbsp;I'd love to have a couple of interview/screenshare sessions about the map and canvas area. We want to create an experience that is useful and fun for GMs who are creating the game space and controlling what their players can and cannot see. Areas of interest include: cropping maps/backgrounds, stowing tokens for quick usage, defining the boundary clearly, how your players could use this space - and whatever else is useful and fun to you about this new feature. Please check out my Calendly link and sign up for a slot! I'm looking for about 4-5 people to sign up, preferably folks who have copied games over into Jumpgate and have tried out Jumpgate with players in the game :)&nbsp; What to expect Confirmation email Google Meets video call with voice connection Screenshare a Jumpgate game with me Answer some questions $50 DTRPG as bribery for those who participate&nbsp; <a href="https://calendly.com/d/ckfd-958-kz4/jumpgate-screenshare-and-interview" rel="nofollow">https://calendly.com/d/ckfd-958-kz4/jumpgate-screenshare-and-interview</a> Talk soon, Frances&nbsp; JmanX said: You can now&nbsp; place objects anywhere you’d like on the screen , including outside the bounds of the page itself. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Any objects that you place outside the page boundary will be visible to only the GM. This is something that I would hope is a toggle/something that can be switched off or some other solution to be found.&nbsp; While I can understand this is handy to many GMs, it also makes seeing the map as your players see it a much bigger pain in the butt, especially if you are not using a visible grid pattern.&nbsp; I would personally prefer the option to ALWAYS just show what the actual page size/crop is set to, instead of seeing the entire map uncropped. GM view using Grid: Player View using Grid: GM View with no grid (map page size 102x69): GM View with no grid (map page cropped to 50x50): Player View using no grid (map crop to 50x50) As you can see in the GM view of the cropped map with no grid lines, there's no actual indication of what the player sees, which means if you are trying to crop to a specific view, you either have to enable the grid lines and try and align it to that, or have to switch back and forth from the GM view and the Player view of the VTT (which, while quicker with Jumpgate, is not a good solution and still time consuming over the existing method). Suggested Fixes: Create a Display Setting toggle for "GM view shows Player map page size" &amp; "GM view shows full map".&nbsp; (Preferred Solution) Have a very clear delineation on the GM View when the page size crops the full map image of what the cropped view is and what is "off map", such as a dimmed view of areas outside the page cropped size/player view, or having a clear outline of the outer bounds of the page. &nbsp;(I think this should be done no matter what with this new change) Do not display any part of map images that are out of the bounds of the current page, only allowing items on the Token or GM layer to be outside the bounds of the page.&nbsp; (which isn't a great solution because while that works for me, many people might want to use that space for map layer items too). Thank you for taking the time and hopefully this is able to be addressed.&nbsp; Appreciate all the hard work going into this update.
Hey folks, We just pushed out a quick update to Jumpgate games: Custom token marker sets including Marketplace sets should be working now. Note that if you previously applied a custom token marker to a token, you may have to add/remove at least one to get them to show up. "Is Drawing" objects should no longer snap to the grid when resizing/rotating them. We pushed out some performance improvements to drawings that should make them more performant in general. Thank you!
Julia S. said: This module has all the monsters action displayed as token actions with macros and all the players saw them and were able to click on these buttons. Thanks for your feedback! Just drilling in on this issue since it's one I've been unable to repro -- so like...the players could click on monsters they shouldn't be able to control and therefore could see their token actions? Or the token actions were...showing up for an unselected monster...?&nbsp;
Will M. said: Rick A. said: I made a copy of an existing game to try Jumpgate. I loaded all the same MODs that I use in the original. None of the macros that I created using Tokenmod are working. Teleport and Wildshape are also not working. (Wildshape is not recognizing selected tokens. Double-left-click on a token is tricky; I need to be much faster than normal, and when it does work it takes 5-10 seconds for the menu to pop up. Shift-double-left-click for calling up a character sheet is also tricky and also experiencing very slow loading. I double-checked that everything was still working normally in the original game. Using the D&amp;D 5E by Roll20 character sheet Windows 10 Pro&nbsp; Version&nbsp; 22H2&nbsp; OS build&nbsp; 19045.3693 Chrome&nbsp; Version 123.0.6312.86 (Official Build) (64-bit) Rick - I believe the issue with TokenMod not working is associated with it not picking up and passing the Selected Tokenid to Mod scripts.&nbsp; None of my Mods/APIs that rely upon a selected token currently work.&nbsp; This is a known issue that they are working on.&nbsp;&nbsp; Yeah I can confirm that this is the issue with a lot of Mod Scripts right now in Jumpgate games. We have a fix for this I'm hoping to get out early this week.

Edited 1711993188
Gauss
Forum Champion
@{target|attributename} is not working. I get "ReferenceError:setMode is not defined" error message on the first attempt to use target, any other target command just goes straight to chat.&nbsp;
Bodo
Pro
Sheet Author
Gauss said: @{target|attributename} is not working. I get "ReferenceError:setMode is not defined" error message on the first attempt to use target, any other target command just goes straight to chat.&nbsp; @Riley: Please add this as the root cause for the issue you created here:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/11845555/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/11845555/</a> &nbsp;. I've also opened a feedback #213963&nbsp; ticket some days ago that you could related that has more details.
Riley D. said: Julia S. said: This module has all the monsters action displayed as token actions with macros and all the players saw them and were able to click on these buttons. Thanks for your feedback! Just drilling in on this issue since it's one I've been unable to repro -- so like...the players could click on monsters they shouldn't be able to control and therefore could see their token actions? Or the token actions were...showing up for an unselected monster...?&nbsp; I think, we can try to recreate it tomorrow with my players and I'll send the screenshots how the players see it. It seems that the players could see the token actions of the monster that I had chosen at that time and these action buttons were clickable for the players but they returned these types of responses:
Anyone else experiencing auras growing and shrinking when a token is rotated with the handle? Is this intended behavior?
Hey all, We pushed out the Mod Scripts/API fix I mentioned above, and your Jumpgate games should now be correctly sending the "selected" info to API Scripts when you use them. Let me know if that's working now for you all. Thanks!
Kurt J.
Pro
API Scripter
My main page for testing my changes to ScriptCards has a lot of objects on it (171 to be exact). When I log into that game, the page initially shows no objects at all (but the API can see them if I get the objects associated with the page). I have to move to a different page and back to that page for the tokens/objects to appear. This does not happen if I log out while viewing a "simpler" page, even one with 99 objects (a transmogged page from a Tomb of Annihilation game) - that loads fine - but loading into the larger page is consistently blank. And, of course, as others have mentioned, @{target|...} doesn't work.
DnDPlay20
Pro
Marketplace Creator
How do I switch a classic game to jumpgate?
DnDPlay20 said: How do I switch a classic game to jumpgate? <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/11843344/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/11843344/</a> To use the Beta , just check the "Opt in to Jumpgate Beta" checkbox while creating a new game or a copy of an existing game.

Edited 1712024380
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
As Jarren says, you copy the game with the Jumpgate checkbox ticked. I’ve been putting “Jumpgate” at the front of the game name, and adding a Jumpgate tag too so I can quickly select my Jumpgate games.&nbsp; I’ve been waiting for a few problems to be fixed before trying it with players, but it look like it got there today. Huzzah!&nbsp; DnDPlay20 said: How do I switch a classic game to jumpgate?
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
I can confirm that all the TokenMod macros and Custom Token Markers I use while GMing The One Ring 2e and 13th Age Glorantha are working correctly now. Huzzah!&nbsp; Riley D. said: Hey all, We pushed out the Mod Scripts/API fix I mentioned above, and your Jumpgate games should now be correctly sending the "selected" info to API Scripts when you use them. Let me know if that's working now for you all. Thanks!
Text is being mangled, I have some text on the map layer of a landing screen and jumpgate is distorting it, see attached screenshot. Latest firefox, Windows 11
Extension to above, text on GM layer is also being distorted
Has anyone noticed any improvement for animated maps in Jumpgate, I have been testing them for a little while and it still takes for ever to load.
Fran
Roll20 Production Team
Fran said: Hello folks! My name is Frances, I am on the design team at Roll20. While team is working on this awesome feedback - &nbsp;I'd love to have a couple of interview/screenshare sessions about the map and canvas area. We want to create an experience that is useful and fun for GMs who are creating the game space and controlling what their players can and cannot see. Areas of interest include: cropping maps/backgrounds, stowing tokens for quick usage, defining the boundary clearly, how your players could use this space - and whatever else is useful and fun to you about this new feature. Please check out my Calendly link and sign up for a slot! I'm looking for about 4-5 people to sign up, preferably folks who have copied games over into Jumpgate and have tried out Jumpgate with players in the game :)&nbsp; What to expect Confirmation email Google Meets video call with voice connection Screenshare a Jumpgate game with me Answer some questions $50 DTRPG as bribery for those who participate&nbsp; <a href="https://calendly.com/frances-7ybo/jumpgate-interview-and-screenshare" rel="nofollow">https://calendly.com/frances-7ybo/jumpgate-interview-and-screenshare</a> Talk soon, Frances&nbsp; JmanX said: You can now&nbsp; place objects anywhere you’d like on the screen , including outside the bounds of the page itself. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Any objects that you place outside the page boundary will be visible to only the GM. This is something that I would hope is a toggle/something that can be switched off or some other solution to be found.&nbsp; While I can understand this is handy to many GMs, it also makes seeing the map as your players see it a much bigger pain in the butt, especially if you are not using a visible grid pattern.&nbsp; I would personally prefer the option to ALWAYS just show what the actual page size/crop is set to, instead of seeing the entire map uncropped. GM view using Grid: Player View using Grid: GM View with no grid (map page size 102x69): GM View with no grid (map page cropped to 50x50): Player View using no grid (map crop to 50x50) As you can see in the GM view of the cropped map with no grid lines, there's no actual indication of what the player sees, which means if you are trying to crop to a specific view, you either have to enable the grid lines and try and align it to that, or have to switch back and forth from the GM view and the Player view of the VTT (which, while quicker with Jumpgate, is not a good solution and still time consuming over the existing method). Suggested Fixes: Create a Display Setting toggle for "GM view shows Player map page size" &amp; "GM view shows full map".&nbsp; (Preferred Solution) Have a very clear delineation on the GM View when the page size crops the full map image of what the cropped view is and what is "off map", such as a dimmed view of areas outside the page cropped size/player view, or having a clear outline of the outer bounds of the page. &nbsp;(I think this should be done no matter what with this new change) Do not display any part of map images that are out of the bounds of the current page, only allowing items on the Token or GM layer to be outside the bounds of the page.&nbsp; (which isn't a great solution because while that works for me, many people might want to use that space for map layer items too). Thank you for taking the time and hopefully this is able to be addressed.&nbsp; Appreciate all the hard work going into this update. Updated link! <a href="https://calendly.com/frances-7ybo/jumpgate-interview-and-screenshare" rel="nofollow">https://calendly.com/frances-7ybo/jumpgate-interview-and-screenshare</a>

Edited 1712074217
Unfortunately, I can't say the same. Many of my TokenMod macros are still not working. ( I have gone back to my non-jumpgate game to verify that those macros still do work there.) Anything using "&nbsp; --ids @{target|Target 1|token_id}" &nbsp;does not pull up the prompt for selecting a token Also, the Wildshape MOD is not working: It either crashes the sandbox, or when I try to set up a shapeshifter by selecting the token and clicking on the Add Shapeshifter, I get this (the token in question does have a name): Another oddity: When I use Group Initiative, I get this output in chat: and this is what I get when selecting tokens on the GM layer: Andrew R. said: I can confirm that all the TokenMod macros and Custom Token Markers I use while GMing The One Ring 2e and 13th Age Glorantha are working correctly now. Huzzah!&nbsp; Riley D. said: Hey all, We pushed out the Mod Scripts/API fix I mentioned above, and your Jumpgate games should now be correctly sending the "selected" info to API Scripts when you use them. Let me know if that's working now for you all. Thanks!