Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

The Jumpgate Beta for Pro Users Has Arrived!

Edited 1714765277
Another Problem: Token Settings for BOTH Tokens are identical! Token markers are also don't visible for the first token! AGAIN Reloading fixed it!
And one more thing I noticed: switching to GM Layer does NOT change the Opacity for tokens already on that Layer. Pre-Jumpgate: all other tokens-opacity switched and the Tokens on GM Layer are normally visible, Post-Jumpgate: Opacity of tokens on GM Layer does not change.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
McBeardly said: Why did outlined text break though with the jumpgate update, it was working perfectly fine previously? Changing it isn't really an option because without an outline it is very hard to maintain readability across a background with multiple colors. Additionally Candal does not help it's still extremely heavily pixelated. No idea there. I don't know anything about the rendering engine of Jumpgate.

Edited 1714783200
Riley D.
Roll20 Team
Markus -- for these issues do you mind checking the console log and seeing if any errors are being thrown? Trying to figure out if these are errors happening or just silently failing behavior or what. I'm not able to repro these on a one-off basis (i.e. clicking on a token is showing radial menus, clicking and doing Shift+Z is working, switching layers is changing opacity correctly), so I'm wondering if maybe the error lockup recovery system tried to let you keep playing but it was in a broken state? Were these errors happening in the middle of a long session or?
Re: text degrading, we have a ticket to work on text rendering further before the Beta period ends. Agreed that it's not where it needs to be compared to legacy. Also -- we pushed out a quick update about an hour ago that should have fixed the issues with Fog of War not updating properly/revealing things it shouldn't that you all reported. Thanks!
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Riley D. said: Also -- there were some issues reported where some existing sheets were showing incorrectly in Jumpgate (weird layout, images missing, etc.). That should also now be fixed. Thanks! Awesome, that worked with the GURPS 4E sheet! Thanks! Ken
Riley D. said: Markus -- for these issues do you mind checking the console log and seeing if any errors are being thrown? Trying to figure out if these are errors happening or just silently failing behavior or what. I'm not able to repro these on a one-off basis (i.e. clicking on a token is showing radial menus, clicking and doing Shift+Z is working, switching layers is changing opacity correctly), so I'm wondering if maybe the error lockup recovery system tried to let you keep playing but it was in a broken state? Were these errors happening in the middle of a long session or? They appear mid session. Next Time I catch a console log and attach it.
Sometimes a different map image pop up top of the current one

Edited 1714860957
Stephen C.
Pro
Sheet Author
I just ran a game with Jumpgate which was incredibly annoying. First of all, when I dragged a character out onto the map, there would be two copies of their characters that appeared. The players could only see one of these, but I could see both. (But I could only delete one of them, which is what I'm trying to do with the second image.) (click on image to play gif) When the players moved their tokens, the duplicates merged back, though I could still separate them again. (click on image to play gif) When I had a multisided token which I rolled while on the GM layer, the players were able to see their HP bars appear (for all the tokens which were rolled), and some of the tokens disappeared for me as GM. Reloading would sometimes resolve the HP bar issue, but not the duplicate issue.
Okay, sounds like something going on with the "ghost image" that are left behind when you move things around, maybe? Did you get a chance to look at your console logs?
Two things from the session I was just running. 1. We kept having issues where people where moving their tokens, but the location wasn't updating for everyone (some people could see it, but not everyone).  It affected both me as GM and players. 2. I run the combat master API which highlights the player whose turn it is and who turn it is next, however when they were highlighted it made it difficult for me to select tokens as it seem to keep selecting the "highlight" rather than the token itself.  It didn't happen to players presumably as they can only select their own token) but it was difficult to select and add status's to tokens.. It mostly worked though :)
Little bit of a niche issue: The draw tool works perfectly fine with a regular old mouse. It's a bit finicky with a tablet (Huion Kamvas 22) I'll get one stroke out on the map and then it stops working. I can get it to start working again if I use a mouse in between strokes so tablet-mouse-tablet-mouse etc. (Browser: Mozilla Firefox)
Hello! We've had our fifth Jumpgate-based game session, some new issues emerged (and I'll mention the already known issues). I would say, that performance-wise players and I are pretty happy, it's working faster even on the slow machines.  Regarding the issues we faced: - new one! every token loses the darkvision after switching to the new map (or after leaving and then returning to the map where their token is already present), basically every time the character is dragged from the journal to the map. Token deafults: After putting that character on the map these are the settings, the darkvision switches off. - Dynamic lighting yet again (Chrome, Safari, Firefox - all over the place). The characters can see through the walls in patterns repeating other maps, it seems. The last one may be my fault, because the walls go up to the end of the corridor and I haven't made the wall there since it's also the end of the map. But the yellow arrows are a strange artifact and only went away after page reload. This is the lighting layer: - We still have the issue with the key combos (and ping by left mouse button) not working on any keyboard layout but English. - We sometimes had the bug that the token movement was not tracking for all the players. Someone moved and the rest of the party didn't see any change of his position. Page reload helps.
BTW I have a question, it's a very minor issue but on the chance that there is an easy solution, I'd ask) We use the second token bar to show characters' AC. In the old Jumpgate we put 14/0 and it shows on token as 14. Like in the example below: In Jumpgate the same token settings show as 21/0 which bugs off several players, plus, they keep falling off the token and I need to open token settings and then click "save settings" for this token bar to reappear. If there is a solution, I would be very grateful.
Julia S. said: BTW I have a question, it's a very minor issue but on the chance that there is an easy solution, I'd ask) We use the second token bar to show characters' AC. In the old Jumpgate we put 14/0 and it shows on token as 14. Like in the example below: In Jumpgate the same token settings show as 21/0 which bugs off several players, plus, they keep falling off the token and I need to open token settings and then click "save settings" for this token bar to reappear. If there is a solution, I would be very grateful. You could try this Trick : if bar2 is linked to 'ac', then change the 'max' field of bar2 to be '@{ac}'. It should  display a bar and list the full value, and the bar current value can change and it should still display a full bar. (I haven't tested this myself in Jumpgate.)
Thank you, Jarren!) I will try this. Jarren said: Julia S. said: BTW I have a question, it's a very minor issue but on the chance that there is an easy solution, I'd ask) We use the second token bar to show characters' AC. In the old Jumpgate we put 14/0 and it shows on token as 14. Like in the example below: In Jumpgate the same token settings show as 21/0 which bugs off several players, plus, they keep falling off the token and I need to open token settings and then click "save settings" for this token bar to reappear. If there is a solution, I would be very grateful. You could try this Trick : if bar2 is linked to 'ac', then change the 'max' field of bar2 to be '@{ac}'. It should  display a bar and list the full value, and the bar current value can change and it should still display a full bar. (I haven't tested this myself in Jumpgate.)
Jonathan K. said: Two things from the session I was just running. 1. We kept having issues where people where moving their tokens, but the location wasn't updating for everyone (some people could see it, but not everyone).  It affected both me as GM and players. 2. I run the combat master API which highlights the player whose turn it is and who turn it is next, however when they were highlighted it made it difficult for me to select tokens as it seem to keep selecting the "highlight" rather than the token itself.  It didn't happen to players presumably as they can only select their own token) but it was difficult to select and add status's to tokens.. It mostly worked though :) 1. Thanks, we're tracking that and we're actually rewriting the part of the codebase that does those updates and we should have that out in the next week or two I'm hoping. 2. How does that script work? It creates a separate object that's a highlight and then puts it behind the token or?
soyr said: Little bit of a niche issue: The draw tool works perfectly fine with a regular old mouse. It's a bit finicky with a tablet (Huion Kamvas 22) I'll get one stroke out on the map and then it stops working. I can get it to start working again if I use a mouse in between strokes so tablet-mouse-tablet-mouse etc. (Browser: Mozilla Firefox) Okay thanks for the report!
Julia S. said: Hello! We've had our fifth Jumpgate-based game session, some new issues emerged (and I'll mention the already known issues). I would say, that performance-wise players and I are pretty happy, it's working faster even on the slow machines.  Regarding the issues we faced: - new one! every token loses the darkvision after switching to the new map (or after leaving and then returning to the map where their token is already present), basically every time the character is dragged from the journal to the map. Token deafults: After putting that character on the map these are the settings, the darkvision switches off. - Dynamic lighting yet again (Chrome, Safari, Firefox - all over the place). The characters can see through the walls in patterns repeating other maps, it seems. The last one may be my fault, because the walls go up to the end of the corridor and I haven't made the wall there since it's also the end of the map. But the yellow arrows are a strange artifact and only went away after page reload. This is the lighting layer: - We still have the issue with the key combos (and ping by left mouse button) not working on any keyboard layout but English. - We sometimes had the bug that the token movement was not tracking for all the players. Someone moved and the rest of the party didn't see any change of his position. Page reload helps. Thanks for the very detailed reports! These real-world session pieces of feedback are incredibly valuable.  Re: token movement, see my comment above. For the keyboard shortcuts on non-English layouts, are you saying they work properly on the Legacy side and just not Jumpgate? We've got tickets logged for the Dynamic Lighting issues.
Julia S. said: BTW I have a question, it's a very minor issue but on the chance that there is an easy solution, I'd ask) We use the second token bar to show characters' AC. In the old Jumpgate we put 14/0 and it shows on token as 14. Like in the example below: In Jumpgate the same token settings show as 21/0 which bugs off several players, plus, they keep falling off the token and I need to open token settings and then click "save settings" for this token bar to reappear. If there is a solution, I would be very grateful. This was an oversight, and we should have it changed to match the Legacy behavior shortly. Thanks!

Edited 1715065907
Combat Master does basically the following: After rolling initiative and sorting it, there is a green ring around the player whose turn it is and a red one showing the next token in order. If HP reach 0 the token gets crossed with the red X marker and you can also make a sound play. If HP are healed or a token takes damage, there are also little aninmations around it... And as for Jonathan K.'s second point: Noticed this as well. This does NOT happen in normal games... Riley D. said: Jonathan K. said: Two things from the session I was just running. 1. We kept having issues where people where moving their tokens, but the location wasn't updating for everyone (some people could see it, but not everyone).  It affected both me as GM and players. 2. I run the combat master API which highlights the player whose turn it is and who turn it is next, however when they were highlighted it made it difficult for me to select tokens as it seem to keep selecting the "highlight" rather than the token itself.  It didn't happen to players presumably as they can only select their own token) but it was difficult to select and add status's to tokens.. It mostly worked though :) 1. Thanks, we're tracking that and we're actually rewriting the part of the codebase that does those updates and we should have that out in the next week or two I'm hoping. 2. How does that script work? It creates a separate object that's a highlight and then puts it behind the token or?
For the keyboard shortcuts on non-English layouts, are you saying they work properly on the Legacy side and just not Jumpgate? Yes, these shortcuts work in Legacy games in non-English layouts, the issue is Jumpgate-specific. Riley D. said: Julia S. said: Hello! We've had our fifth Jumpgate-based game session, some new issues emerged (and I'll mention the already known issues). I would say, that performance-wise players and I are pretty happy, it's working faster even on the slow machines.  Regarding the issues we faced: - new one! every token loses the darkvision after switching to the new map (or after leaving and then returning to the map where their token is already present), basically every time the character is dragged from the journal to the map. Token deafults: After putting that character on the map these are the settings, the darkvision switches off. - Dynamic lighting yet again (Chrome, Safari, Firefox - all over the place). The characters can see through the walls in patterns repeating other maps, it seems. The last one may be my fault, because the walls go up to the end of the corridor and I haven't made the wall there since it's also the end of the map. But the yellow arrows are a strange artifact and only went away after page reload. This is the lighting layer: - We still have the issue with the key combos (and ping by left mouse button) not working on any keyboard layout but English. - We sometimes had the bug that the token movement was not tracking for all the players. Someone moved and the rest of the party didn't see any change of his position. Page reload helps. Thanks for the very detailed reports! These real-world session pieces of feedback are incredibly valuable.  Re: token movement, see my comment above. For the keyboard shortcuts on non-English layouts, are you saying they work properly on the Legacy side and just not Jumpgate? We've got tickets logged for the Dynamic Lighting issues.
Stephen C.
Pro
Sheet Author
Riley D. said: Okay, sounds like something going on with the "ghost image" that are left behind when you move things around, maybe? Did you get a chance to look at your console logs? Unfortunately, no. If I run again, I'll be sure to grab them.
Hello from the Tabletop team! Sharing some updates from today's release (you can always reference this in our change log ) Improved error reporting on Tabletop to show error alerts [in response to a couple forum posts mentioning freezing up error] Removed legacy Voice & Video Chat from Jumpgate games Fixed a couple Jumpgate related bugs including: Editing a macro no longer escapes the html encoding The Freehand tool properly displays disabled state when on the  Dynamic Lighting layer Resizing the right hand bar on Tabletop now updates the play space accordingly Fixed issue preventing Apply Token Defaults from applying token defaults Tokens no longer snap on resize or rotate for Gridless maps Updated Tutorial Translations with more optimized language
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Lavi said: Editing a macro no longer escapes the html encoding This alone is amazing! No more saving an unedited Macro offline.
Had our first actual session tonight using Jumpgate, and ran into some weird issues. Some players were reporting "flickering" behavior while exploring the map. This was only resolved by refreshing the page.  Myself and one other player were experiencing a dimming of the page with a complete freezes. The freezes would completely remove interaction of anything on the table and required refreshing the page or restarting the browser to get functions back. No error message appeared during these issues.
Am i the only one which need 15 minutes to import 1 map on jumpgate ? (and it's only 150 DPI, hopefully i don't do that with 300 DPI)

Edited 1715283959
What I like. 1. Can Shrink tokens to 1/2 and 1/4 size with ease now! 2. Can rotate tokens more easily now that the tool to rotate tokens is on the corner! (still gets stuck under the gear icon when zoomed 200% or more and rotated 90° counter-clockwise) 3. Better Ping that's a LOT easier to see! 4. When using the Pen tool to draw, I can see the line being drawn before I accept it, making it a LOT easier to set up dynamic lighting and getting rid of a lot of guessing that used to be done! Issues I've been having. 1. Some Dynamic Lighting shapes, such as the ellipse, are severely offset to the right or reveal things inside of them when they are close to the walls. 2. No directional indicators for one-way dynamic lighting. This was a feature before jumpgate, but for some reason jumpgate removed it and now it's a guessing game for which side is which. 3. Loading times are slower across the board for all maps with dynamic lighting enabled. Almost completely preventing some from accessing certain maps. 4. Permamant and Explorable Darkness can cause the entire map to go black if a token is selected when attempting to add. 5. When attempting to move tokens, they will sometimes freeze in place, or disappear altogether, until you click elsewhere or refresh the page, at which point they update. 6. When setting up doors and windows on a map with smaller cells (50px or smaller instead of 70px), the icons retain their max size of 70px, instead of updating their max size to be whatever the current cell size is. This causes multiple squares to be completely covered, preventing access to anything underneath it. 7. Token Sides appear to be disabled once you assign a token to a sheet now. Meaning that you can't tie a flippable token to a specific character sheet at this time. 8. Some tokens, created from jpg or png images not already within roll20, appear to everyone on the map regardless of the lighting, even if it should be completely hidden. It's as though it's on it's own layer that's above the token and lighting layers. But when placing it in the Map or GM layers, it seems to work as it should, though with above-average fidelity. 9. Larger maps with lots of dynamic lighting (over 100 unique lines) will sometimes cause the entire webpage to flicker unctrollably on the GM's side, specifically whenever a player moves a token or draws something off-screen for the GM. When this happens, all interaction with the page is prevented, including chat, compendium, etc. Only browser aspects that are not a part off the roll20 website are interactable. Resets upon refreshing the page. Refreshing page's cache ( CTRL+F5 ) only seems to cause more frequent repeat issues. 10. Players have reported significant lag with opening and closing doors and click-dragging their own tokens more than 3 spaces at a time, sometimes having to wait up to 10 seconds to accurately see whether or not they opened or closed a door or moved their token to the correct spot. Of note, these are all confirmed on Firefox v.125.0.3 (64-bit) Google Chrome v124.0.6367.119 (Official Build) (64-bit) Windows 10 Home A game with custom sheets, maps, and tokens (Nothing premade by Roll20 or marketplace except the token markers)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Royii said: Am i the only one which need 15 minutes to import 1 map on jumpgate ? (and it's only 150 DPI, hopefully i don't do that with 300 DPI) Hi Royii! Resolution doesn't tell much about the file size. Pixels per grid unit is a better on-screen measurement, and even then the actual file size is determined by its overall dimensions and color depth. Can you give the size in MB? And its format (jpg/png)? I'll try and duplicate with a file of comparable size.
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
I set up a Jumpgate Art Library game just to test uploading, and I’ve upload large JPEG images en masse with no trouble, up to 25 at once! It’s not instantaneous by any means, but it’s error free so far.  In the current Roll20 I can upload only 1 JPEG image at a time without errors, and 10 PNG tokens at a time.  Royii said: Am i the only one which need 15 minutes to import 1 map on jumpgate ? (and it's only 150 DPI, hopefully i don't do that with 300 DPI)
So, playing with this further, This map has a cellwidth of .5, and I noticed that when I am scaled to 200% rather than 100%, The text has been scaled down with the tokens.  Before Jumpgate I have a lot of battlemaps with a cellwidth of .5, so the 3 I looked at all had this setting and I did not notice originally that this was a scaling issue.   This was not a problem, but a failure on my part to understand that it would now scale the text when adjusting the cellwidth as well as the images.  Now that I understand what I am seeing, I prefer this to the previous behavior, so this is working fine as far as I am concerned.  The Great and Powerful Foz(zy Bear) said: I just started testing Jumpgate. I converted a copy of my current campaign.  We are in the middle of a huge battle.  I am having an issue with the text on the icons. I find the names of the icons to be low res and boxy and the numbers to be too small to read.  Here is what my current campaign looks like in Jumpgate.  Most of the text is illegible. Here is what my current campaign looks like in the previous system. I can read everything easily and clearly.  I have been in my current campaign for 3 years. I need to be able to convert it to the new system to be able to use the new system. So far, I can't read any of the text in the new system.  Now, I do think when I look closely at both screen shots, that the images in the Jumpgate screen shot are slightly sharper and that the shadows look smoother. (This is a night battle). I am on a Mac and have tested this in all 3 browsers and they all have the same issue, so it is not a browser issue.  Is anyone else having issues with the font rendering?  To me, this looks like it is being raster image processed at a low resolution before being shown on the screen rather than a font that is a being rendered by the video card.
Hello, 10MB to 20 MB per map, JPG keithcurtis said: Royii said: Am i the only one which need 15 minutes to import 1 map on jumpgate ? (and it's only 150 DPI, hopefully i don't do that with 300 DPI) Hi Royii! Resolution doesn't tell much about the file size. Pixels per grid unit is a better on-screen measurement, and even then the actual file size is determined by its overall dimensions and color depth. Can you give the size in MB? And its format (jpg/png)? I'll try and duplicate with a file of comparable size.
Andrew R. said: I set up a Jumpgate Art Library game just to test uploading, and I’ve upload large JPEG images en masse with no trouble, up to 25 at once! It’s not instantaneous by any means, but it’s error free so far.  In the current Roll20 I can upload only 1 JPEG image at a time without errors, and 10 PNG tokens at a time.  Royii said: Am i the only one which need 15 minutes to import 1 map on jumpgate ? (and it's only 150 DPI, hopefully i don't do that with 300 DPI) I will get a new computer with a better graphic card, we will see if that help ^^
Wow! Maybe it's just me and my old-school ideas about drive space efficiency, but those are huge files. Most of mine are less than 1 MB, and I think the largest and most detailed is around 3 MB. I tend to reduce the file size of the maps that I buy because their resolution is usually far higher than what I need on a VTT. Royii said: Hello, 10MB to 20 MB per map, JPG

Edited 1715357211
Gauss
Forum Champion
Royii said: Hello, 10MB to 20 MB per map, JPG It sounds like your maps are either too high quality or too large in size. Could you invite me to a game of yours? I'd like to see what kinds of images you are uploading, see if I could make any suggestions. 
MIGHT it be possible to make the color of this a little more intense? (Or maybe change it to red)

Edited 1715361922
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Royii said: Hello, 10MB to 20 MB per map, JPG OK, I just picked a couple of jpegs off my hard drive to upload. One of them was 19.5 MB, the other around 15. I tested one that was as close to 20MB without going over, because I know that Roll20 does post-processing on files to make optimized versions for different zoom levels (besides keeping the original), and I wanted to make sure we weren't running into header crunch. I tried them in a Jumpgate game, and a regular game as a benchmark. Both files uploaded in about 50s in my Jumpgate test game. Both files were closer to 45s in a regular game. So I did see a very slight increase in upload time in Jumpgate, but nothing like the bottleneck you are experiencing. I have fairly mid-range internet speeds. My guess is that either you have some kind of ISP throttling going on, or there is a browser setting that is hampering the process. Do you experience the same upload times in a private browsing window, or on a different browser? And you have tested with the same graphic in both types of games?
Any updates on the feature to use old hex grid functions?
ty
Hi  RJGrayLight  - thanks for taking the time to highlight what you liked, and providing details for the issues you're still experiencing. We have a couple of fixes in the works for the performance-related items like loading and lag that we'll be pushing out over the next couple of weeks; we've also be taking a look at the couple of other dynamic lighting and token behaviors you shared. RJGrayLight said: What I like. 1. Can Shrink tokens to 1/2 and 1/4 size with ease now! 2. Can rotate tokens more easily now that the tool to rotate tokens is on the corner! (still gets stuck under the gear icon when zoomed 200% or more and rotated 90° counter-clockwise) 3. Better Ping that's a LOT easier to see! 4. When using the Pen tool to draw, I can see the line being drawn before I accept it, making it a LOT easier to set up dynamic lighting and getting rid of a lot of guessing that used to be done! Issues I've been having. 1. Some Dynamic Lighting shapes, such as the ellipse, are severely offset to the right or reveal things inside of them when they are close to the walls. 2. No directional indicators for one-way dynamic lighting. This was a feature before jumpgate, but for some reason jumpgate removed it and now it's a guessing game for which side is which. 3. Loading times are slower across the board for all maps with dynamic lighting enabled. Almost completely preventing some from accessing certain maps. 4. Permamant and Explorable Darkness can cause the entire map to go black if a token is selected when attempting to add. 5. When attempting to move tokens, they will sometimes freeze in place, or disappear altogether, until you click elsewhere or refresh the page, at which point they update. 6. When setting up doors and windows on a map with smaller cells (50px or smaller instead of 70px), the icons retain their max size of 70px, instead of updating their max size to be whatever the current cell size is. This causes multiple squares to be completely covered, preventing access to anything underneath it. 7. Token Sides appear to be disabled once you assign a token to a sheet now. Meaning that you can't tie a flippable token to a specific character sheet at this time. 8. Some tokens, created from jpg or png images not already within roll20, appear to everyone on the map regardless of the lighting, even if it should be completely hidden. It's as though it's on it's own layer that's above the token and lighting layers. But when placing it in the Map or GM layers, it seems to work as it should, though with above-average fidelity. 9. Larger maps with lots of dynamic lighting (over 100 unique lines) will sometimes cause the entire webpage to flicker unctrollably on the GM's side, specifically whenever a player moves a token or draws something off-screen for the GM. When this happens, all interaction with the page is prevented, including chat, compendium, etc. Only browser aspects that are not a part off the roll20 website are interactable. Resets upon refreshing the page. Refreshing page's cache ( CTRL+F5 ) only seems to cause more frequent repeat issues. 10. Players have reported significant lag with opening and closing doors and click-dragging their own tokens more than 3 spaces at a time, sometimes having to wait up to 10 seconds to accurately see whether or not they opened or closed a door or moved their token to the correct spot. Of note, these are all confirmed on Firefox v.125.0.3 (64-bit) Google Chrome v124.0.6367.119 (Official Build) (64-bit) Windows 10 Home A game with custom sheets, maps, and tokens (Nothing premade by Roll20 or marketplace except the token markers)
Coldin  - thanks for sharing! We are working on releasing updates to help with the freezups in the next week or so - it's a chunky update that is being tested at the moment! I'll post out change log updates once they go out and please let us know if you continue to experience them after that point. We released an update last Wednesday to help show error alerts for these type of freezups - would love to hear if you're able to see this improvement! Coldin said: Had our first actual session tonight using Jumpgate, and ran into some weird issues. Some players were reporting "flickering" behavior while exploring the map. This was only resolved by refreshing the page.  Myself and one other player were experiencing a dimming of the page with a complete freezes. The freezes would completely remove interaction of anything on the table and required refreshing the page or restarting the browser to get functions back. No error message appeared during these issues.
Second session with Jumpgate and a experienced a couple of issues: 1. Using Jumpgate, I tried the thing where you grab a player's avatar and move them to another map and it didn't work. Ended up having to narrate the scene until the rest of the party decided to join him and move the party flag to the new map. 2. Everyone in the game periodically experiences rapid flickering of the entire page and can't do anything - though this isn't a show-stopper because refreshing the page fixes it.

Edited 1715747124
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
IIRC that doesn't work with the new Map system used by Jumpgate. You should use the Map system to make a Ribbon for that player and drag it to the Page you want. 
You need to open the new Map Menu and there hit the arrow on the golden flag. From there you need to drag the players on to another map. For each group so created, a new flag can be seen that can be dragged around. To regroup all Players on the same map (Gold Flag will be the map all Players are gathered) either click the "Regroup" button OR just drag the other flags onto the map with the gold flag... As for your second issue, they have logged it and may put out a fix the next weeks or so... Rob said: Second session with Jumpgate and a experienced a couple of issues: 1. Using Jumpgate, I tried the thing where you grab a player's avatar and move them to another map and it didn't work. Ended up having to narrate the scene until the rest of the party decided to join him and move the party flag to the new map.
Gauss said: Royii said: Hello, 10MB to 20 MB per map, JPG It sounds like your maps are either too high quality or too large in size. Could you invite me to a game of yours? I'd like to see what kinds of images you are uploading, see if I could make any suggestions.  Yes add me on discord RoyFr, will be easier
keithcurtis said: Royii said: Hello, 10MB to 20 MB per map, JPG OK, I just picked a couple of jpegs off my hard drive to upload. One of them was 19.5 MB, the other around 15. I tested one that was as close to 20MB without going over, because I know that Roll20 does post-processing on files to make optimized versions for different zoom levels (besides keeping the original), and I wanted to make sure we weren't running into header crunch. I tried them in a Jumpgate game, and a regular game as a benchmark. Both files uploaded in about 50s in my Jumpgate test game. Both files were closer to 45s in a regular game. So I did see a very slight increase in upload time in Jumpgate, but nothing like the bottleneck you are experiencing. I have fairly mid-range internet speeds. My guess is that either you have some kind of ISP throttling going on, or there is a browser setting that is hampering the process. Do you experience the same upload times in a private browsing window, or on a different browser? And you have tested with the same graphic in both types of games? Just got my new computer, i will give you feedback about it later