Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Summon Monster (Improved) by King

@King I plan to use this in my D&D4e games for the summon powers. I would like also to add a second script using modified code from your Summon Monster script for the "wild shape power" to change into beast form. Is there a way to have the character's token that used "!summon" be placed on the GM layer, I am hoping to make it look like the Druid change into beast form? If that can be done, what code needs to be added to remove the "!summon"ed token and place the players token back on the token layer, lets call it "!humanoid"? Jim
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
You're basically looking to swap images on the character's token? You can do that with a rollable table token assigned to the character. I started a script for handling some aspects of this (Auto change over on full damage, swapping hitpoints around, along with applying the excess to the character's hit points.), but ran into some things that bear more thinking...
Ok, thanks I am currently looking at your "TokenMod api" very sweet! will have question those. I am a retire system hardware/software tester for the USAF, so I know how to break things. =-) Jim

Edited 1413213659
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Oooh!! Welcome to your new role as my official tester! :)
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
*snicker*
The Aaron said: You're basically looking to swap images on the character's token? You can do that with a rollable table token assigned to the character. I started a script for handling some aspects of this (Auto change over on full damage, swapping hitpoints around, along with applying the excess to the character's hit points.), but ran into some things that bear more thinking... Not just swapping images, currently I have created a character sheet for the player and 11 different fey/natural beast all with their own sheet/abilities. I could use @King "Summon Monster script" to get the fey/natural beast token and your "TokenMod script" to move the Druid token to the GM layer all in one macro. Then use the Summon Monster script" to move a new instances of the Druid token to the objects layer when the Druid wanted to be humanoid again. But I am betting there will be problems with this approach, Beside the littering of Druid tokens on my GM layer. But to the player it would look like their token was turned into a beast and back into a humanoid. Jim
Unfortunately, it looks like there's no way to handle multiple character sheets without multiple tokens (and there's no way to delete tokens). To avoid leaking lots of tokens, you might want to keep track of each wildshape token and then just have a command to swap them out (either to the GM layer or to some holding page). You'd probably want a command to register a token (maybe with the ability to register tokens to separate lists, so each player can have their own list) and give it a name, a command to swap out the selected token for a previously named one, and possibly a command to swap back to the "base" token (although this could also just be handled like any other swap token).
This is what I have for the druid now, Den is the name of the Druid and she has control of all of these tokens.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
For the Druid script I was working on, I was going to change the represents to the beast character when the slider was moved to pick a new form. That way, the token is always the druid's token, but the bars and shift click would be for the beast. I don't recall why I didn't finish that one... Possibly baby 7 interrupted me... :)
I figured represents would be the best way to do it, but the docs say it's read-only. But I didn't test it, so maybe that got changed since the docs were written, in which case that would be far better than having to maintain a token for each charsheet.

Edited 1413288383
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Hmm... The docs say 'read only' in the text, but it doesn't have the customary leading _. That will bear some testing.
I think I would lose the unique macros if I just have the player represents the beast tokens? By the way, I am new to Roll20, D&D4e (back in the 80s I play the D&D1e) and the API thing. I built each beast sheets using D&D Adventure Tools Monster Builder, which I customized the beast to the Druids level and kept the Druids stats but also giving the player other powers to use while in that form. I then export the monster to a ".monster" file and used Honeybadger's monster importer API. Hope this get my point across. Jim

Edited 1413304099
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
The Aaron said: Hmm... The docs say 'read only' in the text, but it doesn't have the customary leading _. That will bear some testing. I checked. It IS writable, and has precisely the effect I expected. So, James, what I proposed would work to allow your druid to switch forms and the token macros would swap with them. =D Edit: I updated the wiki to remove the Read-only flagging.
The Aaron said: For the Druid script I was working on, I was going to change the represents to the beast character when the slider was moved to pick a new form. That way, the token is always the druid's token, but the bars and shift click would be for the beast. I don't recall why I didn't finish that one... Possibly baby 7 interrupted me... :) The Aaron said: The Aaron said: Hmm... The docs say 'read only' in the text, but it doesn't have the customary leading _. That will bear some testing. I checked. It IS writable, and has precisely the effect I expected. So, James, what I proposed would work to allow your druid to switch forms and the token macros would swap with them. =D Edit: I updated the wiki to remove the Read-only flagging. @ The Aaron , Should we start calling you Mr. Walton? Good night John Boy! Congratulations on baby 7! I am 3 behind you, all girls, I guess too much radar exposure made my boys swimmers swim to the left. I hate asking because you do so much for the community already, but do you have an eta on your Druid script roll out? Thanks Jim
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
It's in it's early stages and I need to look at how far along I got on it last time I worked (I'm migrating hard drives right now... it's on the other one...). I'll try to put it next in the queue, or at least close to next... (really need to finish up that new turn tracker....) 4 boys and 3 girls so far.. 13years - 5weeks. =D
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I think this might be what was holding me up on my druid script... <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1262182/api-upda" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1262182/api-upda</a>...

Edited 1413340676
I manage all of the group's images in my Roll2o library. The Druid is my daughter's character, by the way.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Can probably work with that. =D