Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

macro to produce random sentence?

Was wandering if I could use a macro to pull a random disc. Of how a attack looks? Let's say my fighter used sword forms and instead of just emoting "Steve attacks with a sword" every time. Could I give it a list of say ten things so it pulls a random one like "Steve attacks with wind whips the grain" or Steve slashes out with water flows down hill"
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I would recommend creating a rollable table with variety of sayings and put it into a macro. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Card_Decks_and_Rollable_Ta" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Card_Decks_and_Rollable_Ta</a>...

Edited 1416645630
You can't type in to a rollable table or on cards you have to load images. Unless I'm going about it wrong and just rolling one fill the chat box with ugliness

Edited 1416645807
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
You could create a rollable table for that and then roll on the table within your macro. Something like; @{selected|token_name} smiles and says [[1t[melee-quotes]]] as he attacks.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
James H. said: You can't type in to a rollable table or on cards you have to load images. Unless I'm going about it wrong and just rolling one fill the chat box with ugliness Use the name field for your sentence.

Edited 1416649334
Gold
Forum Champion
Only the GM can create such a rollable table tho, right? I tested as a Player before posting this, and found the Rollable Table section appears but no "Add" button. Because if I could set it up as a Player, that method Vince and Pat were talking about sounded like a cool way to vary my attack macro verbiage. Looking on the wiki it doesn't actually seem to say that "Add Rollable Table" is limited to GM... hmm (?)
Can I Transmog it over or is there other ways can a dm give me permission to edit one.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I posted my suggestion on the assumption that James H was the GM. Transmog only works between the original creators campaigns not between two different accounts. That means you can not transmog from another gm's game into yours.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
If you're both mentors, you can use my TableExport script to copy it from one campaign to another: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1144568/script-t" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1144568/script-t</a>...
I'd murder for a rollable crit and fumble deck. I simply don't have the time to put that in.
Hey Ken, put that knife down! It takes very little time to set one up in the rollable tables. You just take the results you wish to offer and assign a chance of it happening, like: double damage 10 triple damage 5 arm/front leg 2 leg/rear leg 2 head 1 ... Easy as π
Can you put in line rolls in that?
no you are trying to mix apples and oranges there, I am sure some of the coders could write a script to do it, but that is beyond me.
Lol one more for you. It would be sweet if I could make a rollable table the when rolled would set of a random macro from its list.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Ken L. said: I'd murder for a rollable crit and fumble deck. I simply don't have the time to put that in. I converted these from a PDF I found with this note: These tables were taken from Dragon Magazine #39, July 1980 and were written by Carl Parlagreco. Rules have been modified to better fit our playing style !import-table --Blunt Weapon Critical --show !import-table-item --Blunt Weapon Critical --Double (x2) Damage --31 -- !import-table-item --Blunt Weapon Critical --Triple (x3) Damage --33 -- !import-table-item --Blunt Weapon Critical --Shield Destroyed (No effect if no shield) --2 -- !import-table-item --Blunt Weapon Critical --Shield Destroyed (Roll again if no shield) --2 -- !import-table-item --Blunt Weapon Critical --Shield Arm struck; useless for 1-6 rds. --2 -- !import-table-item --Blunt Weapon Critical --Shield Arm struck; broken; lose shield --2 -- !import-table-item --Blunt Weapon Critical --Weapon arm struck; -2 to hit until healed --2 -- !import-table-item --Blunt Weapon Critical --Weapon arm struck; -4 to hit until healed --2 -- !import-table-item --Blunt Weapon Critical --Weapon arm broken; no attacks until fully healed --2 -- !import-table-item --Blunt Weapon Critical --Hand struck; DEX reduced by 1-3 until healed --2 -- !import-table-item --Blunt Weapon Critical --Hand struck; DEX reduced by 1-3 permanently --2 -- !import-table-item --Blunt Weapon Critical --Chest Struck; stunned for 1-6 rds.. --2 -- !import-table-item --Blunt Weapon Critical --Chest Struck; lungs punctured by ribs; no movement until healed --2 -- !import-table-item --Blunt Weapon Critical --Chest Struck; heart punctured by ribs; immediate death --2 -- !import-table-item --Blunt Weapon Critical --Leg Struck; Fall to ground --2 -- !import-table-item --Blunt Weapon Critical --Leg Struck; movement halved until healed --2 -- !import-table-item --Blunt Weapon Critical --Leg Struck; broken; no movement until healed --2 -- !import-table-item --Blunt Weapon Critical --Head struck; lose 1-3 INT (no effect if helmed) --1 -- !import-table-item --Blunt Weapon Critical --Head struck; lose 1-3 INT --1 -- !import-table-item --Blunt Weapon Critical --Head struck; lose 2-8 INT; INT no lower then 3 (no effect if helmed) --1 -- !import-table-item --Blunt Weapon Critical --Head struck; lose 2-8 INT; INT no lower then 3 --1 -- !import-table-item --Blunt Weapon Critical --Skull crushed; dead (No effect if helmed) --1 -- !import-table-item --Blunt Weapon Critical --Skull crushed; dead --1 -- !import-table --Critical on Animal --show !import-table-item --Critical on Animal --Double (x2) Damage --29 -- !import-table-item --Critical on Animal --Triple (x3) Damage --29 -- !import-table-item --Critical on Animal --Limb removed at body; speed halved --2 -- !import-table-item --Critical on Animal --Limb removed at midpoint, speed halved --2 -- !import-table-item --Critical on Animal --Limb removed at midpoint, -2 to hit --2 -- !import-table-item --Critical on Animal --Limb removed at body; -4 to hit --2 -- !import-table-item --Critical on Animal --Limb removed at body; speed halved, -2 to hit --2 -- !import-table-item --Critical on Animal --Limb removed at midpoint, speed halved, -4 to hit --2 -- !import-table-item --Critical on Animal --Throat cut immediate death --2 -- !import-table-item --Critical on Animal --Decapitated; immediate death --2 -- !import-table-item --Critical on Animal --Abdominal injuries; immediate death --2 -- !import-table-item --Critical on Animal --Abdominal injuries; death in 2-12 turns unless healed --2 -- !import-table-item --Critical on Animal --Abdominal injuries; death in 1-6 days unless healed --2 -- !import-table-item --Critical on Animal --Chest injuries; immediate death --2 -- !import-table-item --Critical on Animal --Chest injuries; death in 2-8 turns unless healed --2 -- !import-table-item --Critical on Animal --Chest injuries; death in 1-4 days unless healed --2 -- !import-table-item --Critical on Animal --Snout struck; immediate retreat --4 -- !import-table-item --Critical on Animal --Snout struck; -2 to hit for 1-4 rds. --4 -- !import-table-item --Critical on Animal --Snout struck; -4 to hit for 1-4 rds. --4 -- !import-table-item --Critical on Animal --Head struck; stunned for 1-6 rds. --1 -- !import-table-item --Critical on Animal --Head struck; immediate death --1 -- !import-table --Slashing Weapon Critical --show !import-table-item --Slashing Weapon Critical --Double (x2) Damage --31 -- !import-table-item --Slashing Weapon Critical --Triple (x3) Damage --33 -- !import-table-item --Slashing Weapon Critical --Shield Destroyed (No effect if no shield) --1 -- !import-table-item --Slashing Weapon Critical --Shield Destroyed (Roll again if no shield) --1 -- !import-table-item --Slashing Weapon Critical --Helm Removed (If no helm loose ear, stunned for 1-6 rds.) --1 -- !import-table-item --Slashing Weapon Critical --Helm Removed (loose ear, stunned for 1-6 rds.) --1 -- !import-table-item --Slashing Weapon Critical --Voice Box Punctured, no talking (no effect if helmed) --1 -- !import-table-item --Slashing Weapon Critical --Ear Removed (No effect if helmed) --2 -- !import-table-item --Slashing Weapon Critical --Ear Removed (Also helm removed if helmed) --1 -- !import-table-item --Slashing Weapon Critical --Eye Removed (No effect if helmed) --2 -- !import-table-item --Slashing Weapon Critical --Eye Removed --1 -- !import-table-item --Slashing Weapon Critical --Knee Split; movement halved --1 -- !import-table-item --Slashing Weapon Critical --Knee Split; no movement --1 -- !import-table-item --Slashing Weapon Critical --Fingers Removed; dexterity reduced by 1-3 --1 -- !import-table-item --Slashing Weapon Critical --Leg removed at ankle --1 -- !import-table-item --Slashing Weapon Critical --Leg removed at knee --1 -- !import-table-item --Slashing Weapon Critical --Leg removed at him --1 -- !import-table-item --Slashing Weapon Critical --Shield arm removed at wrist (No effect if shield) --1 -- !import-table-item --Slashing Weapon Critical --Shield arm removed at elbow (No effect if shield) --1 -- !import-table-item --Slashing Weapon Critical --Shield arm removed at shoulder (No effect if shield) --1 -- !import-table-item --Slashing Weapon Critical --Shield arm removed at wrist --1 -- !import-table-item --Slashing Weapon Critical --Shield arm removed at elbow --1 -- !import-table-item --Slashing Weapon Critical --Shield arm removed at shoulder --1 -- !import-table-item --Slashing Weapon Critical --Weapon arm removed at wrist --1 -- !import-table-item --Slashing Weapon Critical --Weapon arm removed at elbow --1 -- !import-table-item --Slashing Weapon Critical --Weapon arm removed at shoulder --1 -- !import-table-item --Slashing Weapon Critical --Abdominal injuries; carrying capacity halved --1 -- !import-table-item --Slashing Weapon Critical --Chest injuries; carrying capacity halved --1 -- !import-table-item --Slashing Weapon Critical --Abdominal injuries; death in 1-6 days unless healed --1 -- !import-table-item --Slashing Weapon Critical --Chest injuries; death in 1-4 days unless healed --1 -- !import-table-item --Slashing Weapon Critical --Abdominal injuries; death in 2-12 turns unless healed --1 -- !import-table-item --Slashing Weapon Critical --Chest injuries; death in 2-8 turns unless healed --1 -- !import-table-item --Slashing Weapon Critical --Abdominal injuries; immediate death --1 -- !import-table-item --Slashing Weapon Critical --Chest injuries; immediate death --1 -- !import-table-item --Slashing Weapon Critical --Throat cut; immediate death unless helmed --1 -- !import-table-item --Slashing Weapon Critical --Throat cut; immediate death --1 -- !import-table-item --Slashing Weapon Critical --Decapitated; immediate death (No effect if helmed) --1 -- !import-table-item --Slashing Weapon Critical --Decapitated; immediate death --1 -- !import-table --Missile or Piercing Weapon Critical --show !import-table-item --Missile or Piercing Weapon Critical --Double (x2) Damage --34 -- !import-table-item --Missile or Piercing Weapon Critical --Triple (x3) Damage --36 -- !import-table-item --Missile or Piercing Weapon Critical --Shield Arm struck; useless (No effect if shielded) --2 -- !import-table-item --Missile or Piercing Weapon Critical --Shield Arm struck; useless --2 -- !import-table-item --Missile or Piercing Weapon Critical --Weapon arm struck; -2 to hit for 1-4 rds. --2 -- !import-table-item --Missile or Piercing Weapon Critical --Weapon arm struck; -4 to hit for 1-4 hours --2 -- !import-table-item --Missile or Piercing Weapon Critical --Weapon arm stuck; no attacks until fully healed --2 -- !import-table-item --Missile or Piercing Weapon Critical --Abdominal injuries; death in 1-6 days unless healed --2 -- !import-table-item --Missile or Piercing Weapon Critical --Chest injuries; death in 1-4 days unless healed --2 -- !import-table-item --Missile or Piercing Weapon Critical --Abdominal injuries; death in 2-12 turns unless healed --2 -- !import-table-item --Missile or Piercing Weapon Critical --Chest injuries; death in 2-8 turns unless healed --2 -- !import-table-item --Missile or Piercing Weapon Critical --Abdominal injuries; immediate death --2 -- !import-table-item --Missile or Piercing Weapon Critical --Chest injuries; immediate death --2 -- !import-table-item --Missile or Piercing Weapon Critical --Eye Removed (No effect if helmed) --1 -- !import-table-item --Missile or Piercing Weapon Critical --Eye Removed --1 -- !import-table-item --Missile or Piercing Weapon Critical --Voice Box Punctured, no talking (no effect if helmed) --1 -- !import-table-item --Missile or Piercing Weapon Critical --Voice Box Punctured, no talking --1 -- !import-table-item --Missile or Piercing Weapon Critical --Struck in head; lose 1-3 INT (No effect if helmed) --1 -- !import-table-item --Missile or Piercing Weapon Critical --Struck in head; lose 1-4 INT --1 -- !import-table-item --Missile or Piercing Weapon Critical --Struck in head; immediate death (No effect if helmed) --1 -- !import-table-item --Missile or Piercing Weapon Critical --Struck in head; immediate death --1 -- !import-table --Critical Fumble --show !import-table-item --Critical Fumble --Slip; roll DEX or less or fall and stunned for 1-4 rds. --19 -- !import-table-item --Critical Fumble --Stumble; roll DEX or less or fall and stunned for 1-6 rds. --14 -- !import-table-item --Critical Fumble --Trip and fall; stunned for 1-6 rds. --6 -- !import-table-item --Critical Fumble --Off balance; roll DEX or less or no action next round --5 -- !import-table-item --Critical Fumble --Lose grip on weapon; roll DEX or less or no action next round --5 -- !import-table-item --Critical Fumble --Lose grip on weapon; roll DEX or less or drop weapon --5 -- !import-table-item --Critical Fumble --Lose grip; Drop weapon --5 -- !import-table-item --Critical Fumble --Shield becomes tangled with opponent (no effect if no shield) --2 -- !import-table-item --Critical Fumble --Shield becomes tangled with opponent; no action for either next rnd. --2 -- !import-table-item --Critical Fumble --Weapon tangled with opponent; no attack next rnd. --2 -- !import-table-item --Critical Fumble --Weapon knocked out of hand; d8 for direction d10 for dist. in feet --2 -- !import-table-item --Critical Fumble --Weapon breaks; 100% chance -20% for each + of weapon --5 -- !import-table-item --Critical Fumble --Hit self; half damage --3 -- !import-table-item --Critical Fumble --Hit self; normal damage --2 -- !import-table-item --Critical Fumble --Hit self; double damage --1 -- !import-table-item --Critical Fumble --Hit friend; half damage --3 -- !import-table-item --Critical Fumble --Hit friend; normal damage --2 -- !import-table-item --Critical Fumble --Hit friend; double damage --1 -- !import-table-item --Critical Fumble --Critical hit, self --2 -- !import-table-item --Critical Fumble --Critical hit, friend --2 -- !import-table-item --Critical Fumble --Twist ankle; half move for 1 turn; DEX or less on d20 or fall --2 -- !import-table-item --Critical Fumble --Helm slips; -4 to hit until fixed; DEX or less on d20 to fix --2 -- !import-table-item --Critical Fumble --Helm slips; no attacks until fixed; DEX or less on d20 to fix --2 -- !import-table-item --Critical Fumble --Distracted; opponent +3 to hit on next attack --1 -- !import-table-item --Critical Fumble --Roll twice ignoring rolls of 99 or 00 --1 -- !import-table-item --Critical Fumble --Roll three times ignoring rolls of 99 or 00 --1 --