Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

DnD 5e Season 1 Expeditions Adventures - Interest Check

Hey All, So I've been thinking about running the Season 1 Tyranny of Dragons Adventures on Roll20 and was checking to see if there's any interested players. I'm in Time Zone: EST / GMT-5 and I'm available: Monday any time Tuesday until 8pm Wednesday until 6pm Thursday any Saturday any Sunday until 8 pm Right now I'm thinking of using the roll20 system for the dice rolls and such; and using maybe Skype for talking. At least that's what I've had the most success with, but if need be we can use something else. The order in which I'll be running the adventures are: Defiance in Phlan Secrets of Sokol Keep Shadow on the Moonsea Dues for the Dead The Courting of Fire The Scroll Thief Drums in the Marsh Tales Trees Tell Outlaws of the Iron Route Tyranny in Phlan Dark Pyramid of Sorcerer's Isle Raiders of the Twilight Marsh Pool of Radiance Resurgent Escape from Phlan Most of the adventures run 1-4 hours. Defiance in Phlan is actually 5 mini-adventures. I'd say it's probably about 40% RP, 60% Combat. The adventures are more episodic, there is a little bit of exploration, and because they're episodic, some slight "rail-roading." However, I'm hoping that after we get through these adventures to run more of a sandbox possibly, based on interest and such. We would need 3-7 players, starting at 1st level and I believe you reach 10th-11th after that. However, if there's any interest to keep going I can come up with original content after that; or maybe we can jump into the Rise of Tiamat stuff. At any rate, Character Creation will be 1 of 2 ways, decided upon by everyone. If anyone will want to be able to take these characters to in store events, then we can use the regular Adventure League creation; but if that isn't a concern for anyone, then we can use /r 4d6r1k3 for each ability score. That's 4d6, re-roll 1's, and keep highest 3. Also, it should be noted, there aren't a lot of decent maps for these adventures, most of them are just quick little doodles. I'm trying to put together as many maps as I can, but it takes me forever; sooooooo there may be a time where it's just a picture of the little doodle that comes with the adventure. As apparently they wanted to go more with the "Theater of the Mind," style for 5e.... New players and veterans alike are all welcome. I just ask for no d-bags. Also, I do apparently tend to have a potty mouth, so probably should all be 18+. If anyone is interested, please comment as such, and I would love to hear any and all character ideas. And feel free to ask any questions. Thanks all for your interest and reading my babbling. haha! I'm hoping to start play within a week or two, but won't be able to start until Monday 3/23/15. Thanks again!
Sounds perfect to me, been playing for years and been using this site for months. Count me in, I can create a character based on group comp and have Skype as well.
I might be interested in this as well, though it depends on the day the party decides on. I like 5E, and have a lot of experience with it, so I can make pretty much anything to suit the party's needs. While I am willing to go with the majority on character creation, I really hate the default 27 point buy, and don't understand why they changed it from 30 like it was in the playtest. 27 is just an awkward number and makes creating a character I actually like, who is able to do what I want them to do, rather difficult, so my vote would be for the roll for ability scores option. I also have Skype and most of my games use it for communication so that works for me as well.
This is the post I have been looking for. I am an experienced player but new to Roll20. I have Skype and a working mic and would love to run through this. My schedule is tight though as I am a college student so the weekend would work best for me but this is your campaign so you can host it anytime! I am very interested though :)
Would love to play!. I have skype, mic and cam (if needed) been playing dnd for a year now, pretty familiar with the system. Love 5th edition. It really depends on the time, because you wrote until when, but not FROM when (i live in a different time zone). I have a hafling bard with a charlatan background character that i would LOVE to try out(i have a whole text document with ideas for how to make him work), but if group needs it, i can do a different one. I really enjoy RP'ing and non combat so if we get to play together i want to talk about some customization i've got in mind. Im good (EST): Mondays from 9am to 8 pm guaranteed if we plan it in advance i can also do from saturday 9am to sunday 6 pm (literaly ANY time in between) Anyways, your game, you see if you find these times fitting, and i hope to hear from you soon!

Edited 1426698008
This is what i have been looking for, My availability is mostly in the mornings Currently I am working third shift at a major medical testing facility on the east coast. The times you have posted seem to work with my schedule very well. I am a 28yr old and I cuss like a sailor, I have a few campaigns under my belt and looking for a long term campaign I would really enjoy playing multiple times a week. I included some character concepts below. I have about 6 more across various races including a cheeky Gnome Tinker and Dwarven blacksmith. Anyhow i hope you consider me when selecting your party. (EST) Sunday - 6 am - 10am then 11pm - When ever Monday- Anytime Tuesday-Saturday - 6am - 11am , Playable Character #1 Race: Earth Genasi - Barbarian Name: Koryn Backstory: The feeling of water rushing across her cheek would be enough to startle Koryn awake. Her eyes slowly open as she lay face down on a shallow bed of rocks, a small trickling stream of water would flow between the cracks of the stone. Pushing away from the pebbles she sat up to her knees, distraught and confused. Unsure of preceding events that resulted in her being back on this plane of existence. She brushed off a few pesky insects from her dull colored skin and climbed back to a standing posture. Grabbed up her maul and began walking towards the Southwest, hoping regain a what had happened along the way Playable Character #2 Race- Air Genasi Name: Samir Class- Monk Background: Gladiator(Entertainer) "Hurrah!!" Fills the tavern, clinking and clamoring of glasses and mugs, a thick crowed forming a circle would enclose seven combatants. Six defeated brawlers lay in an intricate pattern while a blue/tinted half-djinn stood with clasped hands raised above his head, as he celebrated his victory and the crowd's enjoyment. The stumpy barkeep crying in the distance over the minor damage done to a few unfortunate chairs and mugs. Samir, was a known martial expert in this village competing in the local tournaments to honor his Master Horuku. He was the Abbot of the monastery which had taken in and raised him from near birth. His caretaker told him his father was a Djinn from the Air elemental plane who on a trip to the material world had a romantic encounter with Opula, his mother, which produced an unwanted offspring. After birth the sight of a blue tinted child was too much for the woman who was barely able to feed herself much less the spawn of an elemental and she gave to child to the monastery. Growing up in this environment was difficult for Samir, his emotions ever changing like the wind itself, throwing wild fits of rage followed by a calmness made worship difficult. Horuku seeing this decided to put him on a different path, teaching him the monk warrior style of fighting. The thrill of fighting would lead to his leaving of the monastery in search of foes to challenge his abilities, with Horuku's approval he left the small community in search of enlightenment forged through combat. Playable Character #3 Race: Human-Ranger Name: Ergo Collis Backstory: Ergo Collis, this was a commoner name in the town settled by his ancestors. Nothing special about the name precedes the huntsman, after the corrupt politics and unrelenting oppression on his neighbors, friends, and family he stood up against the tyranny before him and lashed out at the authority policing the slum he called home. This would set in motion a set of unforetold events that would lead to the utter extinction of his namesake, praised by the people in the village in secret his name would never be forgotten. To alleviate the misery that the town was feeling as the guards searched home after home and used cruel tactics to gain information on his whereabouts he left his home, in search of a new life, one that would forge a new path of the Collis line.
I am quite interested in this, and am very reliable. I am in Est as well, and being on disability my availability is pretty much wide open. Would love to discuss it more, in person. skype name is wandarer1968
Awesome, thanks everyone for the replies! :) For the times, I put "until," such n such time because I have other games going on after those times; either home or running expeditions in a local game store. I love the character concepts as well, very nice! And @Matt, I'm also not a fan of the 27 point buy. I've always preferred to roll stats. But I figured I'd give the players the vote on what we went with so if we did go with the point buy, then everyone could use the characters offline in dnd encounters as well. But if that isn't a concern for anyone, then I say rolling em for the win! haha. I generally roll my carcass out of bed circa 7 am -ish, EST, every day. I will go ahead and send yall links to the game so you can get in and discuss further. I have another buddy who might be interested as well. And we can further hammer down a day / time that works best for everyone.
Sounds awesome Mad.
I'm also quite interested in this, I'm GMT based but the timezone difference isn't too far. The only hard limitations on my time is being busy 10pm-1am GMT on Tuesdays and Thursdays and busy all day on Sundays. I have skype and a mic, if folks don't mind a heavy scots accent.
I'd be interested as well depending on the day.
Looking like most likely for current group will probably be Mondays but I'm not opposed to multiple groups / days. :)
I can do Wednesday EST 6pm but what time you doing for Thursday and Saturday as i got some free time I like to Join
If there's still a place i'd like to join , i am basically free aytime, though i am CEST but since i am between semesters i can do whenever. I have never played the Official adventures, except for the mines of phandelver in the starter set. I run my own campain for a bunch of friends but am still quite new ( only started playing 3 months ago). I am familiar with the Playerrs handbook and the DMG aswell as the MM so if the group comes through the adventures and wants to continue i won't mind contributing to a sandbox like campain and DM if required. I'd offer to do so aswell for the Published games but since i don't have them it'd be difficult As for communication i have skype and a mike and though i might have a slight accent i am fluent in english. I have this idea of playing a Bullywug Wizard from a Noble lineage trying to recover Artifacts to increase his social standing. jope you might consider my aplication
Hey guys, looks like we may have a full group starting on monday, but I can still run on other days as well if we get enough peoples. :)