Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[Script] TrackerJacker - Turn tracker combined with status/marker tracking

Saevar L. "Liquid-Sonic" said: Is it possible to create messages with line breaks? :o No, the messages by design weren't meant to hold an entire description of an effect as they would clutter more than help. I guess you can relate to it as an aid, not a crutch. Some effects like dazed or paralyzed don't really need messages pending on the system.
It would be nice if this script could have a '!tj back' function, where the turn order is rolled back 1 step at a time (including the status tracking and turn indicator).   Sometimes for one reason or another, the turn just gets advanced too far and it would be nice to go back, and the built-in Turn Order only allows you to advance.
Anthony T. said: It would be nice if this script could have a '!tj back' function, where the turn order is rolled back 1 step at a time (including the status tracking and turn indicator).   Sometimes for one reason or another, the turn just gets advanced too far and it would be nice to go back, and the built-in Turn Order only allows you to advance. TrackerJacker has no sense of 'presence' currently in that it does not track the order of the turns as they arrive, but rather when they arrive. This means it does not track the history of the tracked statuses, but when the turn comes up, it'll simply decrement/increment it to act in the present. To fully achieve what you want would require a history to be added as perhaps you moved around turns due to delaying or holding action which would shift a turn's initiative. Mixing that in with moving backwards it becomes a bit more complicated as some events may be missing, or items removed.. so the history would be incomplete. There's more to this than simply reversing the durations and shifting back the tracker for a complete solution. I could half-muffin it and simply just increase (or decrease if positive direction) the status ticks, but if an effect expired it would not be restored as I don't track history information. For this use case of yours, I'm going to say it's easier to pause, and go around the tracker to restore the position or drag the last turn back. Just be wary of advancing as it'll tick down again so I'd suggest you advance while paused until you're back on track (you can resume to move the tracker graphic, but the durations will not shift).
Okay, well, thanks for the response.  I've been looking for a way to go back in the Turn Order for a while, and when I saw that the "Initiative Tracker" script had the capability to go back, I thought "Eureka!".  Tried to get them to work together, but they don't seem to play well, and I thought I'd ask about adding that functionality in to TJ.
Is it possible to make it so players can access the trackerjacker and its application of statuses etc?
Saevar L. "Liquid-Sonic" said: Is it possible to make it so players can access the trackerjacker and its application of statuses etc? See here
Ken L. said: Saevar L. "Liquid-Sonic" said: Is it possible to make it so players can access the trackerjacker and its application of statuses etc? See here Ah right, I missed that. Sorry for wasting your time dude. Thanks for being helpful about it though :)
I actually like answering questions, it's just I don't like answering the same questions, or that which are already clearly addressed. Comes mostly from work.
Hey Ken, Beautiful work on this script.  I absolutely love it.  Since I have yet to use it in a full-blown session, I am uncertain of only one thing.  Will the turn declaration and associated messages about the conditions only be viewable by the controlling player?  I would like to track status' for my monsters, but I don't want the players to see "Lich has 5 rounds left on its super badass spell buff".
Roy S. said: ...Will the turn declaration and associated messages about the conditions only be viewable by the controlling player?  I would like to track status' for my monsters, but I don't want the players to see "Lich has 5 rounds left on its super badass spell buff". Currently It announces it publicly to all each round. You can obscure the name to 'effect 1' if you wish to keep it secret. Sounds like a good addition for a future version.

Edited 1442861844
Great script - thanks. I tested it with a friend and we found no issues. Excellent work! Here are things that came to my mind: If "add status" would not require direction and/or message or if there was an option to enter status without direction and message, that would be nice. If players would be able to add their own states, it would take a lot of work away from me. I'm ok with doing that for my guys, but high level PF parties vs even higher level opponents, i'm not sure I wouldn't like to share the burden. I would not complain if the status marker were a bit less conspicuous.
Mr. T said: If "add status" would not require direction and/or message or if there was an option to enter status without direction and message, that would be nice. You can omit those arguments in the command/marco by having default values. Also the message argument is optional already. !tj -addstatus ?{name}:?{duration|1}:-1: Mr. T said: If players would be able to add their own states, it would take a lot of work away from me. I'm ok with doing that for my guys, but high level PF parties vs even higher level opponents, i'm not sure I wouldn't like to share the burden. See here , for a future version perhaps, it's not a breaking issue at the moment. Mr. T said: I would not complain if the status marker were a bit less conspicuous. You can change the tracker graphic manually within the script  @LN69 .
You can change the tracker graphic manually within the script  @LN69 . Ha ha ha - great - I'll do that!

Edited 1443072536
Fiddled a bit: update 1.07: player status add, secret statuses - Added: Ability for players to add their own statuses to tokens they control (it's not possible for tokens they don't control without a large support structure). Uses the same !tj -addstatus&nbsp; syntax. - Added: Ability to have secret hidden statuses on any token. Whenever a status is not assigned a marker, it's considered 'hidden'. Note that you can't currently assign an empty parameter for markers when editing, only on creating a new status and or applying a favorite that has no marker. - Fixed: A rare issue with findCurrentToken where it would attempt to pull an element from an empty turn order. - Fixed: A rare issue with updateAllTokenMarkers where the received token status string is undefined. Player statuses use: <a href="http://i.imgur.com/VzY24dt.gif" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/VzY24dt.gif</a> Secret effects use: <a href="http://i.imgur.com/PfTeyUe.gif" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/PfTeyUe.gif</a> Unrelated sidenote: the alphabetical ordering of token actions is a bit annoying..
- Added: Ability for players to add their own statuses to tokens they control (it's not possible for tokens they don't control without a large support structure). Uses the same syntax. Hey, tried to have a player use the syntax for adding their own status but it wasn't working. Used !tj -addstatus blind:10:-1:I'm blind and,&nbsp;!tj -addstatus blind 10 -1 and,&nbsp;!tj -addstatus blind : 10 : -1 : I'm blind. Also tried different versions of !tj -applyfav. All to no avail, would you show me the correct syntax to use so my players can add their own statuses?

Edited 1443061080
Arthur B. said: Hey, tried to have a player use the syntax for adding their own status but it wasn't working. Used !tj -addstatus blind:10:-1:I'm blind and,&nbsp;!tj -addstatus blind 10 -1 and,&nbsp;!tj -addstatus blind : 10 : -1 : I'm blind. Also tried different versions of !tj -applyfav. All to no avail, would you show me the correct syntax to use so my players can add their own statuses? !tj -addstatus blind:10:-1:I'm blind actually works, is your player capitalizing the command? Did they select the token they have control over? They still need to select which token as they might have summons or companions they would control statuses for. Be aware that it requests a status to be added, the GM still needs to confirm or reject the status. Also this only works for !tj -addstatus the players have no access to the favorites system.
Ken L. said: Arthur B. said: Hey, tried to have a player use the syntax for adding their own status but it wasn't working. Used !tj -addstatus blind:10:-1:I'm blind and,&nbsp;!tj -addstatus blind 10 -1 and,&nbsp;!tj -addstatus blind : 10 : -1 : I'm blind. Also tried different versions of !tj -applyfav. All to no avail, would you show me the correct syntax to use so my players can add their own statuses? !tj -addstatus blind:10:-1:I'm blind actually works, is your player capitalizing the command? Did they select the token they have control over? They still need to select which token as they might have summons or companions they would control statuses for. Be aware that it requests a status to be added, the GM still needs to confirm or reject the status. Also this only works for !tj -addstatus the players have no access to the favorites system. Hey, so I just tried everything I can think of, including copy and paste. I tried with the tracker running, with it paused, tried with a drop down menu and just typing in chat. Nothing seems to work.
Arthur B. said: Hey, so I just tried everything I can think of, including copy and paste. I tried with the tracker running, with it paused, tried with a drop down menu and just typing in chat. Nothing seems to work. ... did you load in the updated script? What version of the script do you have when you execute: !tj -help

Edited 1443122899
Sorry, I did not do that. Already done and will test later today. Sorry to be a bother. Edit: Ok, all done. It's working fine. Thank you for your help.
Hi Ken, Is there a way for me to modify the script (quick Find and Replace) so that the printed names in the chat log are Token names rather than character names? &nbsp;I like the character names to be the names of the characters/creatures and the token names be more descriptive of what the player sees rather than giving away what the monster is. &nbsp;That is, the character name would be Chain Devil, while the token name would be Chain Beast. Or... since most macro calls use @{selected|character_name}, is there a better way to publicly name my monsters?
Also, I just tried the "hidden status" trick and the API stopped responding. &nbsp;Here is a snapshot of the feedback

Edited 1443208154
Roy S. said: Is there a way for me to modify the script (quick Find and Replace) so that the printed names in the chat log are Token names rather than character names? See the section on token naming conventions. Also Goz asked about this&nbsp; here Roy S. said: Also, I just tried the "hidden status" trick and the API stopped responding. &nbsp;Here is a snapshot of the feedback That's a strange state to be in where an effect on a token exists where the global does not. What was the exact chain of events that led to this? Is it reproducable? Good catch either way. I want to know the precise cause before I do a patch.
Hi Ken, Here is a video reproduction:&nbsp; <a href="https://youtu.be/YhDP2KvLwCI" rel="nofollow">https://youtu.be/YhDP2KvLwCI</a>

Edited 1443244884
Have you made edits to the script? TJ should always ask for a marker on status add yet oddly I don't see the marker request button. Edit: It turns out that I somehow didn't do name sanitation (outside the normal no ':'). It looks like you made a status with an empty name which should not have been possible. To create secret statuses, all you need to do is not choose a marker, you still need to name the effect. In this case when the addstatus confirmation appears, you simply don't choose a marker. Choosing a marker is always optional, for players when requesting, there's the option to request without a marker; but then even they won't see the status aside form the GM. I've pushed out a fix to handle name validation. Thanks for the heads up. update 1.08 : name validation for addstatus Fixed: empty name argument.&nbsp;
Got it. &nbsp;Thanks. &nbsp;So, for clarification, when I set a "secret status", on that creature's turn, all text for the status (e.g. "regenerates 2 points") only displays to me, correct?
Roy S. said: Got it. &nbsp;Thanks. &nbsp;So, for clarification, when I set a "secret status", on that creature's turn, all text for the status (e.g. "regenerates 2 points") only displays to me, correct? Yep.
Super sweet awesome sauce!!! &nbsp;By the way, the code you gave for switching the names to token names works swimmingly.
update 1.081 : naming convention change Changed: the order of naming has changed, now it's journal name attribute -&gt; token name (if visible) -&gt; journal name. See the updated OP for details.
Due to time constraints and disagreements with the direction of Roll20, I'm ceasing all future support for scripts as I'll be moving to another platform.
awe :(