Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Skirmish Tuesday! Pathfinder combat-centric fun. Dec. 18, 6PM - DM Tired (EST)(UTC-5)

<a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/61480/Rcpldg" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/61480/Rcpldg</a> ----------------------------------------------------------------- [Notice] For anyone following this, the game link will be public game link will be posted at 6pm EST (as close to on the dot as I can get it). The first people to join and type [Player] will have an automatic inclusion in the first event. Otherwise type [Spectator] if you only plan to observe, or to watch for a little while before playing. In order to select players for events I may occasionally ask everyone in the room to roll initiative if they want in by saying [Room Roll Initiative]. Just roll 1d20 in the chat "/roll 1d20". There is a stacking bonus for rolling before others (and a -2 penalty if you just played). Don't add anything to it yourself. ------------------------------------------------- I'm looking to put together an evening of exciting and fast paced combat. There could be dangerous canyon gauntlets, fortress defense against ravenous hordes, bloody arena action, or even open field combat against cavalry and titanic creatures, who knows. I'm going to be doing this like as a series of mini-oneshots, so we'll be trying to play a bit quicker (none of that sitting around for 20 minutes to decide who's talking to the NPC), and there will be more opportunities for people to jump in (assuming that they are ready) and out (if you want to take a break or give someone else a turn). It will be a public game so hopefully the fast pace will be a bit more exciting for any spectators (who are welcome to jump in after breaks when we can determine who's playing in the next encounter). [For Players] Game: Pathfinder Resources: I use the PFSRD for pretty much everything because it's just so handy. If you want to use something weird then cite it from the PFSRD with a link or something and we can discuss it. <a href="https://sites.google.com/site/pathfinderogc/" rel="nofollow">https://sites.google.com/site/pathfinderogc/</a> Attributes: Roll 4d6 and drop the lowest. Or save the attributes for the pregame/intermissions where I can check your result, and you can use my personal method of 1d8+10, conditionally (this tends to generate higher values, but will be offset by a lack of flexibility in gear which will be explained shortly). Level: We will be starting at level 1. If we only get enough players for a single party then I will probably run it as a fast leveling quasi-campaign tracing the famous battles of a mercenary company, so know what you want to play build-wise and be able to keep up on the leveling. If we get a surplus of participants then be ready to hop in and out to make sure everybody gets a fair shake (for fun we could have the ability to challenge an existing member of the party for their spot, have a little pvp arena with the top scorers getting to play in the next event, or to save time we could just have everyone roll initiative with bonuses for how fast everyone rolls). So be ready to quickly modify your character sheets for different situations. Starting HP: Everyone gets max rolls on HP for level 1, but will need to roll for subsequent levels. Starting Gold/Equipment: You will have starting gold as per the class with basic equipment provided. e.g. A wizard always has a generic robe, simple weapon, and spellbook. A fighter always has a piece of basic medium/light armor 100gp or less, and a choice of 1H weapon, 2H weapon, 1H and offhand, or 1H and shield totalling 100gp or less (Non-Masterwork, Martial or Simple only and must be proficient). Anything else will be up to the player to spend their budget on. Communication: We'll be using Roll20's standard system for voice/video in order to accommodate new people coming in. Video is not necessary, but voice is preferred if you have a mic available. If you are using a webcam with integrated microphone, but don't want to display video then you can set your transmit to be voice only in the options. If you have to type then that is fine too. [For Spectators] I'm doing this short notice so I don't expect a lot of people to see it, but if we do get more participants than can be deftly handled in a party at once then I will try and make sure that everyone has a chance to play here and there. I would ask anyone who's spectating or sitting out for a bit to turn their mic transmit off and try to avoid typing much in the public chat so we can play the game without much confusion. You can always whisper to each other with "/w playername message", or "/w dm message" although I would prefer saving questions for a break. Feel free to chime in during breaks though. :)
Oh, I am SO DOWN with this! This sounds amazing!!! Think you can handle Poogdar, the Master Troll Wizard?
I'm definitely in for this. I don't have the ability to use video/voice, but I'll get a char made real fast. Sounds fun.. I certainly love combat :D Any chance you'll allow a Psionic character from Psionics Unleashed on the PFSRD? <a href="http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed</a>
I would be interested as well. Let me introduce Granite Ironballs. Some say he is insane, dirty, and even vile. This stout heart'd Dwarf doesn't wield swords and axes like those of his kin. His body is his weapons <a href="http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=484049" rel="nofollow">http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=484049</a>
I have others if he is to far out there
@murder1, Sure as long as he's not an actual troll. That would have a bit of a CR/LA to deal with. ;) @Gobgob, Psionics are okay as long as you can reference anything you use. @Deveraux, Where are you getting the spiked helmet stats from? It's odd, I recently played a pre-gen named Ironballs.
I would be interested as well. Let me introduce Granite Ironballs. Some say he is insane, dirty, and even vile. This stout heart'd Dwarf doesn't wield swords and axes like those of his kin. His body is his weapons <a href="http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=484049" rel="nofollow">http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=484049</a> just call him thibbledorf pwent also.. is it worth it to be there for just an hour or 2?
Sure. I'm going to try and keep things moving so there should be plenty of opportunities to play.
well then i got a helf alf summoner ready.. (well need to roll stats instead of point buy... and if that's not allowed.. a gunslinger.. and if that is not allowed.. err i'll make something quickly
I would love to play but i wouldn't make it till around 7:30 your time. (I'm Central time) I'm up for a good game and have characters I can jump in with. I wouldn't mind using a Dwarf 2-handed fighter if that works. How creative can we get? Standard feats and traits? How many? Can we have 1+ magical items or standard equipment?
oh yeah traits do we get some?
@Ravensshade, Point buy is optional. Make both? :D @CDavis77, That's fine. Creative? let's just say the local deities have had bad pun-pun experiences before and have asked the overdeity Retconius (Lawful-Lawful Alignment. Domains include: Time travel and dimensional enforcement, Ironic Punishment, and the Z-Snap) to oversee universal shenanigans. As long as you don't annoy it then you're golden. Standard Character Advancement. 2 Optional traits. 1x optional flaw for a feat (only if it's a good one. No "I like shiny things" or "My greatest weakness is that I care too much"). I'm working on the maps ATM, I'll do detailed equipment in a bit. But basically you will have starting gold as per the class with basic equipment provided. e.g. A wizard always has a generic robe, simple weapon, and spellbook. A fighter always has a piece of basic medium/light armor 100gp or less, and a choice of 1H weapon, 2H weapon, 1H and offhand, or 1H and shield totalling 100gp or less (Non-Masterwork, Martial or Simple only and must be proficient). Anything else will be up to the player to spend their budget on.
Hey Umutuku got any space for me?
Ok, I'm done creating a new char. I tried to stick to the basics, no majic items. I did make him a Dwarf fighter weilding duel warhammers with the weapon focus feat "warhammers" He packs a punch and has 19 AC so he can handle himself. Where do I send the Char sheet?
@Deveraux, Where are you getting the spiked helmet stats from? It's odd, I recently played a pre-gen named Ironballs. I use the spike helm as if it were spiked armor and I only use helm attack when doing a bullrush
is it worth it to be there for just an hour or 2? What do you mean?
@Diego, Sure. I'm hoping to be able to work it so I have room for everyone here and there. Everyone's just going to have to trade off a bit. :) @CDavis, What format is it in? If you just made a text file or pdf then dropbox or something similar could work. If you used a site like Mythweavers (see Deveraux's character) then you could just post the link. @Deveraux, So you're buying spiked armor twice? The helm wouldn't do any damage on a bullrush as a bullrush is simply a charge that forgoes attacking in order to push an enemy a certain distance. If you are using it as spiked armor then you would simply choose which one (helm or armor) is counting as a light weapon during a charge or normal attack.
sent you 2 potential sheets to use
I use Herolab. I made a PDF of the sheet. I will drop it in a message to you.
I noticed your email so I emailed you the native Herolab file and the PDF in case you dont have Herolab. Let me know what you think.
Woo! Psionics! I never get the chance to use this.. going to make my character right now. Btw, when you said point-buy is optional, how many points are we allowed? 20 point? 15? 25, since your 1d8+10 is pretty strong? I tried your way on my own, and my first set of rolls was pretty nuts.. 17, 17, 18, 14, 14, 11. o.O Not going to use those though, as I didn't take a picture of 'em.
Oh crap, I needed a pic of my rolls? I used herolab, maybe it saved them for me. Mine were pretty strong also, 18,16,16,14,12,7
Oh crap, I needed a pic of my rolls? I used herolab, maybe it saved them for me. Mine were pretty strong also, 18,16,16,14,12,7
I don't know if you do, but I felt that he'd want them.. he might not.
Here's my Fighter. Let me know if he'll work.
heh my stats suck compared to that :P
Yeah, it was a damn good roll. I may reroll just to bring him down to earth.
I wish I could use my roll :P But I'm going to use a 25 point build instead, for now. Currently making a Blue Psion Telepath. Blues are Psionic Goblins. :P
1d8+10 is my preferred method for face-to-face games as I lose less d6's (with 5 players rolling 4d6 6x per stat array some always end up under couches), and people just re-roll until they get an array they can live with. So I just do it that way because the stats are still not going to be above 18 and everyone's usually content with the first roll. 25 point is fine though.
Well if I can use my first roll, mentioned above, I'd certainly prefer to use that.
Umutuku, How I grew up playing was we had 4d6 which we rolled 6 times, dropping the lowest 1d6 each roll. We did this three times (a series we called it) and took the best of the series.
Sure Gobgob. You can do it a lot of ways Davis. I played with a DM once who used 4d6 drop the lowest and reroll 1's, and you rolled 7 times and dropped the lowest total. Then you could do up to two more series, but couldn't go back if it was worse.
hey would love to get in on this, I'm PST, so waht time would that be?
Umutuku, I sent you a PM.
About 3pm pacific, until whenever I get tired from trying to keep track of everyone. ^_^
So about this whole "1x optional flaw for a feat (only if it's a good one. No "I like shiny things" or "My greatest weakness is that I care too much")." bit, the extra feat, that can be any feat we meet the prereqs for? And the flaw has to be.. an actual flaw, of course. How does being terrified of Horses and Dogs sound? I mean to the point of actually gaining the Shakened Condition while around them. Perhaps even one of the more severe ones if there are many of such animals, unless I can make a Will Save equal to.. maybe 10+the number of those animals near me? Up to you. I am a Goblin though, and despite being a very intelligent goblin, I have my goblin instincts :P
[Notice] For anyone following this, the game link will be public game link will be posted at 6pm EST (as close to on the dot as I can get it). The first people to join and type [Player] will have an automatic inclusion in the first event. Otherwise type [Spectator] if you only plan to observe, or to watch for a little while before playing. In order to select players for events I may occasionally ask everyone in the room to roll initiative if they want in by saying [Room Roll Initiative]. Just roll 1d20 in the chat "/roll 1d20". There is a stacking bonus for rolling before others (and a -2 penalty if you just played). Don't add anything to it yourself.
@gobgob, Just be aware that if you do take a flaw then it will pop up ingame. Kudos points if he's a dog-riding cavalier. ^_^
I'd be more afraid if he was some kind of Horse-Riding Were-Dog Cavalier. O.o
Possessed by flea-daemons no less...
hah
<a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/61480/Rcpldg" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/61480/Rcpldg</a>
Hmmm.... mic isn't working and page isn't refreshing. I may be a moment
<a href="http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=485908" rel="nofollow">http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=485908</a>
Here's mah token
Will be there in 40 minutes
Well that was fun. Much Shinanegans.. insanity.. Goblin Turncoat Mind Controlling an Ancient Dragon then getting crit for about 200 damage by a gunslinger, only to mind switch to a monk.. Was fun though. XD
heh should've just deadshotted more
Thanks for the games man, it was really fun.
Thanks. It was good playing with everyone. Let me know what worked and what didn't for you (aside from you know, playing for 11 hours).