Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[Old] Tales of the Yawning Portal Official Bug Report Thread

Edited 1490340154
Gid
Roll20 Team
Here's a thread to report any issues you find with the  Tales of the Yawning Portal addon package. If you have any questions about how to add an adventure, please take a look at our  announcement thread for Tales. There's a convenient FAQ over there to help get yourself started.
Pre-Order did not unlock and props me to pay again.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Chad W. said: Pre-Order did not unlock and props me to pay again. Hi Chad, I checked your account and you have access to Tales. You access them as addons in your Game Settings:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page#Game_Ad" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page#Game_Ad</a>... Anything you purchase on the Marketplace can be bought again, but you're locked out for buying it a second time for yourself. This way you can gift the same item to a friend or GM.
Almost all of the handouts are blank?!?
Having them as Add-ons and not Modules was really confusing as I was expecting to be able to select them when I started a new Game. However, I added The Sunless Citadel onto a Test game I have, and the existing Characters I had in the Journal all had their character sheets reset to brand new. You might want to warn users if the addition of an add-on is going to remove content in their game.

Edited 1490341369
Just purchased the Tales Bundle, and it acted as if a payment was not charged and I never received a confirmation email, so I resubmitted. I received a confirmation email that I had purchased the module bundle, but now when I go to create a new game and apply the addon, it does not appear in the list of modules/addons. The bundle shows up in "My Purchases" but (and I have no idea if my account was charged twice by the way, if so, I'd appreciate that being looked into), I have no ability to use it. I made sure I am following the exact process outlined by the Roll20 team on how to apply addons to a game that is being created, and still no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you. EDIT: Immediately after posting this and refreshing my Game Settings page twice more, the addons appeared. We're in the clear (:
As i continue to look, i dont see anything working. &nbsp;Here is the entry for Barghest - its just blank

Edited 1490341452
Jake (Preza) said: Just purchased the Tales Bundle, and it acted as if a payment was not charged and I never received a confirmation email, so I resubmitted. I received a confirmation email that I had purchased the module bundle, but now when I go to create a new game and apply the addon, it does not appear in the list of modules/addons. The bundle shows up in "My Purchases" but (and I have no idea if my account was charged twice by the way, if so, I'd appreciate that being looked into), I have no ability to use it. I made sure I am following the exact process outlined by the Roll20 team on how to apply addons to a game that is being created, and still no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you. Hi Jake - I just checked and you were not billed twice. The Addon should show up in your Game Settings page soon. I can see it on your account. If you continue to have billing related issues please email us at <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> . Thanks!

Edited 1490341424
Bad DM [Matthew P.] - can you please try adding it to another game or a new game? I just added White Plume to an old game of mine and do see the handouts. If you can give us additional details tonight, a Dev should be able to help you problem solve in the AM.
Avacyn said: Jake (Preza) said: Just purchased the Tales Bundle, and it acted as if a payment was not charged and I never received a confirmation email, so I resubmitted. I received a confirmation email that I had purchased the module bundle, but now when I go to create a new game and apply the addon, it does not appear in the list of modules/addons. The bundle shows up in "My Purchases" but (and I have no idea if my account was charged twice by the way, if so, I'd appreciate that being looked into), I have no ability to use it. I made sure I am following the exact process outlined by the Roll20 team on how to apply addons to a game that is being created, and still no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you. Hi Jake - I just checked and you were not purchased twice. The Addon should show up in your Game Settings page soon. I can see it on your account. If you continue to have billing related issues please email us at <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> . Thanks! Yes, thank you Avacyn. My issue must have been nothing more than a small hiccup in my browser, thank you for the timely response!
Joel M. said: Having them as Add-ons and not Modules was really confusing as I was expecting to be able to select them when I started a new Game. However, I added The Sunless Citadel onto a Test game I have, and the existing Characters I had in the Journal all had their character sheets reset to brand new. You might want to warn users if the addition of an add-on is going to remove content in their game. This is was certainly not the intended effect - a&nbsp; rollback should save your Characters and our QA manager will be along in the AM to help determine the issue on this one.
Avacyn said: Bad DM [Matthew P.] - can you please try adding it to another game or a new game? I just added White Plume to an old game of mine and do see the handouts. If you can give us additional details tonight, a Dev should be able to help you problem solve in the AM. It was a brand new game. &nbsp;I think i know the answer though - since all of the handouts have the same names, they are destroying each other. &nbsp;I added the 7 modules to a brand new game, and the handouts for 6 of 7 are all blank, except tomb of horrors, the last i added. But i have no explanation why all the character sheets for npcs and monsters are blank, as there should not be any namespace conflicts. (I doubt more than one module had an Elder Black Pudding) TY for looking into this.
A lot of my pages are blank, including "Overviews, "Random Encounter" tables, "Running the Adventure" pages, and more. I see pictures, some pages have text, but a large majority of my content is nonexistant. Help?
Blayne S. said: A lot of my pages are blank, including "Overviews, "Random Encounter" tables, "Running the Adventure" pages, and more. I see pictures, some pages have text, but a large majority of my content is nonexistant. Help? Did you add more than one of the modules like i did? &nbsp;Is the last one you added fine but only the others blank?
Thanks to all for the bug reporting so far, please continue to let us know of issues and our developers will be along in the AM to help you.&nbsp;
Yes Bad DM, that's exactly right. Tomb of Horrors is fine, but everything else is blank.&nbsp;
Avacyn said: Joel M. said: Having them as Add-ons and not Modules was really confusing as I was expecting to be able to select them when I started a new Game. However, I added The Sunless Citadel onto a Test game I have, and the existing Characters I had in the Journal all had their character sheets reset to brand new. You might want to warn users if the addition of an add-on is going to remove content in their game. This is was certainly not the intended effect - a&nbsp; rollback should save your Characters and our QA manager will be along in the AM to help determine the issue on this one. I'm in no rush to rollback (as I said, it's a Test game I fiddle in). If your QA Manager needs to take a look, it's the only game I have listed as Test - there were a couple of characters I had (one of them still has their image, but sheets and tokens all vanished).

Edited 1490342264
My best guess is that, when adding them to a game, you need to hit Save in some special way. &nbsp;as in, if you try to add more than one add on at once, youll break it. &nbsp;or if you add an add on and also change some other setting on the page before saving, it will get rekt when you go to add the next add-on. &nbsp;I noticed it kept resetting all of my saved choices for stuff such as "Always Whisper Rolls" and such. &nbsp; If i were not so tired and disappointed Id test it by making a new game, *just adding the add-on, not touching anything else*, and Saving. &nbsp;My gut tells me it would work ok.

Edited 1490343561
I just imported the Yawning Portal addons into my game and now all my character sheets have been reset to blank, I'm using the 5th edition OGL sheet. Could I get my game rolled back?

Edited 1490345447
I added Forge of Fury to my campaign. All of the information in the handouts and characters were there but all of the other writing in everything that did not include that add on was erased. I tried a Rollback to the 23 and the 22 and that did not bring anything back and even kept the Forge of Fury in my game. So for now I have lost all information on all my players and settings.&nbsp;

Edited 1490359788
For the Forge of Fury Add-on: On the Foundry map, area 45, the 6 skeletons hidden in the room have the tokens and stats of the duergar smith Snurrevin. The secret doors leading north/south of area 3 are visible on the token layer and don't have light obstruction lines. Even the way the tokens are labelled is so lazy. Some of the gravitas of the players likely first big fight with a BBE dragon is lost when it rears out of the water as 'Young Black Dragon'. And good luck with the eyelash-batting obfuscation when the players walk into the room with the 'succubus' token. Have the people that set this thing up actually read the module?

Edited 1490351067
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The issues of Game Addons overwriting existing game data should now be resolved. If you're continuing to experience any issues, please let us know. We're very sorry for the inconvenience. If you need a game rolled back to a previous state, please let us know the name of your game and we'll be happy to assist you.
My game is called Crituitous Roleplay, can it be rolled back?
It would be helpful if the maps had a tag in the name to help differentiate them from other maps. &nbsp;Such as, TSC, FoF, etc. It sure would be nice if the Addons detected that I had similar Addons in my campaign (such as The Sunless Cititidel and Forge of Fury), and automatically consolidated the monsters that exist in multiple Addons into the same folder. &nbsp;With TSC and FoF imported into the same campaign, I now have 2 different Skeleton Mob sheets, and two complete Introduction folders (with exactly the same info). &nbsp;This is going to get extremely bloated very fast. &nbsp;At the very least, perhaps consider giving us the option to create Yawning Portal as a campaign module, for those of us who intend to run all of the modules in order. &nbsp;Importing the modules in one-by-one like this is extremely tedious. It would be very helpful to have a Token page available like in SKT. &nbsp;I have to run a TokenAction script with all of the NPCs so that I have token actions, and it's much easier to do so when all of the mobs are on the same page. I've only reviewed TSC and FoF so far, but the NPC token setup is already different between the two. &nbsp;TSC has small green auras around most (but not all) of the mobs, and with no explanation as to why. &nbsp;FoF does not have these auras. I'm surprised that we don't get a Start page for each adventure.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Teovanth said: My game is called Crituitous Roleplay, can it be rolled back? Your game has been rolled back.
Pre-ordered Bundle. &nbsp;Now modules are not available for play. &nbsp;Asking me to purchase each module. &nbsp;Can you address this please? &nbsp; Quite a confusing bundle release. &nbsp;
I also need a rollback game name is The Story Continues
Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan In folder "The Adventure", handout "The Temple". There is a link supposed to open "Handout : Area 54" which actually opens "Handout : Area 1"
Can you roll back my game please. My game is called 5th Edition.
When I add "Dead in Thay", it barfs all over everything - all the monsters and handouts after the "Doomvault Player Map" just get added to the journal, instead of in folders like everything else.&nbsp; After it happened the first time, I deleted that game and created a whole new one, and it does the same thing. I made sure to wait for the "successfully added" message and everything.&nbsp; Otherwise, things are looking good! Thanks!
John N. said: Can you roll back my game please. My game is called 5th Edition. I have attempted to roll back your back to 3/21 - if this does not help, let us know and we will have a Dev take a look. Brennen P. said: I also need a rollback game name is The Story Continues Done! If there are any additional rollbacks needed, please let us know.

Edited 1490365454
Tandem said: Pre-ordered Bundle. &nbsp;Now modules are not available for play. &nbsp;Asking me to purchase each module. &nbsp;Can you address this please? &nbsp; Quite a confusing bundle release. &nbsp; From our Announcement Thread: Pre-orders for full bundle of the Roll20 version of Tales from the Yawning Portal are now unlocked as Addons !! Here's a copy of the details on our blog from Brand Manager Suzanne: These seven adventures will work as Addons, like so: Go to the Game Details page (of a game that you created). Click on Settings, then select Game Settings. On the Game Settings page, scroll down to Game Addons. Select the desired Addon from the dropdown menu, and then click Add to Game. The next time you go into that Roll20 game, everything from the Tales adventure you added will appear within that game, from maps to handouts to tokens!
Avacyn said: John N. said: Can you roll back my game please. My game is called 5th Edition. I have attempted to roll back your back to 3/21 - if this does not help, let us know and we will have a Dev take a look. Brennen P. said: I also need a rollback game name is The Story Continues Done! If there are any additional rollbacks needed, please let us know. Thank you! My heart kinda died when I thought I lost everything.

Edited 1490367491
Kristin C. said: Chad W. said: Pre-Order did not unlock and props me to pay again. Hi Chad, I checked your account and you have access to Tales. You access them as addons in your Game Settings:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page#Game_Ad" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page#Game_Ad</a>... Anything you purchase on the Marketplace can be bought again, but you're locked out for buying it a second time for yourself. This way you can gift the same item to a friend or GM. To address you last question, see above&nbsp; Tandem !
Gid
Roll20 Team
Jase T. said: Even the way the tokens are labelled is so lazy. Some of the gravitas of the players likely first big fight with a BBE dragon is lost when it rears out of the water as 'Young Black Dragon'. And good luck with the eyelash-batting obfuscation when the players walk into the room with the 'succubus' token. Have the people that set this thing up actually read the module? Tokens are set up so that the name tags have Edit mode enabled only (not See). So only the GM can see the name plates for their own tracking needs. A Player will not be able to see the nameplates. If you see any of these adventure addons where the tokens have the nameplate enabled to See, please let me know which one.
Gid
Roll20 Team
I tested with a game and reproduced the PC sheet stripping before the patch and after the patch, my PC sheets were left be, so we should have that nailed down.&nbsp;Avacyn has gone in and started roll backs for GMs who needed them. If you have not gotten your rollback addressed yet, please reply again so I know you still need to be addressed. The reason these adventures don't have a Landing Page was we initially thought it would be undesired if you already had a dedicated Landing Page from other content. Especially if you include multiple Tales addons at once and then have multiple Landing Pages because of this. We can now see from your feedback, that a landing page is desired. Our team is working on brainstorming a solution now and we appreciate the help.
Do we have an ETA on all the blank pages being adressed? It seems to be the primary blocks of text missing from people who added multiple Addons at once, and I'm kind of banking on playing this tomorrow, but I can't really do that if everything I paid for is blank.&nbsp;
Gid
Roll20 Team
Blayne S. said: Do we have an ETA on all the blank pages being adressed? It seems to be the primary blocks of text missing from people who added multiple Addons at once, and I'm kind of banking on playing this tomorrow, but I can't really do that if everything I paid for is blank.&nbsp; Blayne, could you clarify what didn't come through. Were Pages (as in what you see on the Tabletop and from the Page Toolbar) blank, or were you referring to content on the Journal Tab? Are NPC Character entries blank or is it just the Handouts. We had a server hiccup shortly after launch to do a quick patch fix. If you started adding addons to your game during this time, that may explain why you had content missing because the hiccup occurred while your game was being assembled. Have you tried adding the addons into a new game recently since we pushed several updates early this morning?&nbsp; If you want to get started with players tomorrow and are going by Yawning Portal adventures in sequence, the very first adventure is The Sunless Citadel. You may want to see if adding an addon one at a time, and then launching the game, gives you the desired content without issue. The order of adventures in Tales of the Yawning Portal is as follows: The Sunless Citadel The Forge of Fury The Hidden Shrine of Tomoachan White Plume Mountain Dead in Thay Against the Giants Tomb of Horrors
Avacyn said: John N. said: Can you roll back my game please. My game is called 5th Edition. I have attempted to roll back your back to 3/21 - if this does not help, let us know and we will have a Dev take a look. It seems the roll back didn't bring back my information in my game. If you could have a Dev look it would be much appreciated.
Kristin C. said: Blayne S. said: Do we have an ETA on all the blank pages being adressed? It seems to be the primary blocks of text missing from people who added multiple Addons at once, and I'm kind of banking on playing this tomorrow, but I can't really do that if everything I paid for is blank.&nbsp; Blayne, could you clarify what didn't come through. Were Pages (as in what you see on the Tabletop and from the Page Toolbar) blank, or were you referring to content on the Journal Tab? Are NPC Character entries blank or is it just the Handouts. We had a server hiccup shortly after launch to do a quick patch fix. If you started adding addons to your game during this time, that may explain why you had content missing because the hiccup occurred while your game was being assembled. Have you tried adding the addons into a new game recently since we pushed several updates early this morning?&nbsp; If you want to get started with players tomorrow and are going by Yawning Portal adventures in sequence, the very first adventure is The Sunless Citadel. You may want to see if adding an addon one at a time, and then launching the game, gives you the desired content without issue. The order of adventures in Tales of the Yawning Portal is as follows: The Sunless Citadel The Forge of Fury The Hidden Shrine of Tomoachan White Plume Mountain Dead in Thay Against the Giants Tomb of Horrors The content in the Journal Tab is almost all blank, including NPC Character Entries, Random Encounter Tables, Running the Adventure, Placing the Adventure, Overviews, Magic Items, Aftermath, Using This Book, and more. The Handouts seem to be one of the few things that aren't blank for me. The maps all work just fine, too.&nbsp;
In addition, it seems to have reset all my character sheets, which I just now found out.&nbsp;
Gid
Roll20 Team
John N. said: Avacyn said: John N. said: Can you roll back my game please. My game is called 5th Edition. I have attempted to roll back your back to 3/21 - if this does not help, let us know and we will have a Dev take a look. It seems the roll back didn't bring back my information in my game. If you could have a Dev look it would be much appreciated. Can do! I gave them the link to 5th Edition for them to dig into why the rollback didn't actually work for your game. Blayne S. said: The content in the Journal Tab is almost all blank, including NPC Character Entries, Random Encounter Tables, Running the Adventure, Placing the Adventure, Overviews, Magic Items, Aftermath, Using This Book, and more. The Handouts seem to be one of the few things that aren't blank for me. The maps all work just fine, too.&nbsp; Have you checked to see if a new version of the game now works?
Gid
Roll20 Team
Blayne S. said: In addition, it seems to have reset all my character sheets, which I just now found out.&nbsp; This was an issue we discovered shortly after the bundle first launched. We quickly put together a patch fix to correct this and pushed it in the wee hours of the morning today. Since we have one Pro user who has had issues rolling back their content to before the addon inclusion, I would recommend holding off on doing a rollback until we've had a chance to look at that issue fully.
Kristin C. said: John N. said: Avacyn said: John N. said: Can you roll back my game please. My game is called 5th Edition. I have attempted to roll back your back to 3/21 - if this does not help, let us know and we will have a Dev take a look. It seems the roll back didn't bring back my information in my game. If you could have a Dev look it would be much appreciated. Can do! I gave them the link to 5th Edition for them to dig into why the rollback didn't actually work for your game. Blayne S. said: The content in the Journal Tab is almost all blank, including NPC Character Entries, Random Encounter Tables, Running the Adventure, Placing the Adventure, Overviews, Magic Items, Aftermath, Using This Book, and more. The Handouts seem to be one of the few things that aren't blank for me. The maps all work just fine, too.&nbsp; Have you checked to see if a new version of the game now works? As in have I tried to install the Addons to a different game? No I haven't. Is there another way to check a new version other than reloading &nbsp;the page?&nbsp;
I have just uploaded all the Addons to a newly created game, and everything looks perfect. Only problem now is that I can't transfer my character sheets from the old one to the new one because they were deleted as previosuly stated.&nbsp;
Gid
Roll20 Team
Once we've figured out the rollback issue, then you can just rollback to a saved state before you added the addons, then add them back in without the issues that were around shortly after launch. While we triage that issue, my recommendation is to create a brand new game and add the desired addons in there. That way&nbsp;you can still access and review the content you purchased.
One very very very minor thing - not even a bug, more of a personal annoyance: In each map I've checked, all the monster tokens are already on the token layer. It would be nice if they all defaulted to the GM layer initially instead. Some of us have, ah, "move-happy" players who might get to see things ahead by moving their pieces around. Leaving monster tokens on the GM layer allows us to move them over as needed.
N. Phillip Cole said: One very very very minor thing - not even a bug, more of a personal annoyance: In each map I've checked, all the monster tokens are already on the token layer. It would be nice if they all defaulted to the GM layer initially instead. Some of us have, ah, "move-happy" players who might get to see things ahead by moving their pieces around. Leaving monster tokens on the GM layer allows us to move them over as needed. Click the gear to go to settings for the map and check 'restrict movement'.
I've considered that, but being responsible for manually moving all of my six PCs' tokens around in combat is a pain in the butt. It's a bigger pain to me than just manually pre-moving all the pre-loaded monster tokens from token layer to GM layer before running, which I'm basically okay with doing right now.
Gid
Roll20 Team
N. Phillip Cole said: One very very very minor thing - not even a bug, more of a personal annoyance: In each map I've checked, all the monster tokens are already on the token layer. It would be nice if they all defaulted to the GM layer initially instead. Some of us have, ah, "move-happy" players who might get to see things ahead by moving their pieces around. Leaving monster tokens on the GM layer allows us to move them over as needed. For this situation, when you're on the Token Layer of any Page, click Ctrl+A to select every single token on the Token and Object Layer. Then right click on the selection to bring up the Right Click Options Menu and go to Layers -&gt; GM Layer and this will move every single token to the GM layer in one go. For an even faster method, you can also use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Shift + K to move all tokens you selected with Ctrl+A to the GM Layer.
I got the character sheet erasure bug too. I think I need a rollback for my game Adventurers League with Jasmine. Also I noticed that a bunch of monsters seem to be outside their folders. I added all seven add-ons and there were just all these character sheets loose at the bottom. I think they're from Dead in Thay.