Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Zweihander Macro Help

Edited 1498361239
For anyone who doesn't know, Zweihander is a cool d100 game sprung from the well that is Warhammer Fantasy 1st and 2nd editions. Personally, I love d100 systems and their career system is right up my alley. Enough of the shameless plug for the system and now on to business. The sheet on the site here has... some issues. It's a great start but none of the buttons work and some of the stats don't have space to actually see a number in. If I knew how to program, I would fix it but alas I don't. That being said, I am left creating macros for my players. Not too big of a deal, but I could use some help. The Macro I found that someone else created is this: /roll -1*(1d100)+((@{selected|Agility}+?{Skilled|No,0|+10,10|+20,20|+30,30}+?{Situational Modifier|0,0|+10,10|+20,20|+30,30|-10,-10|-20,-20|-30,-30})) I modified it a bit to be more like Warhammer Fantasy and 40k sheets to be this: /em rolls Combat with [[ ([[@{Selected|Combat}+ ?{Skilled|No,0|+10,10|+20,20|+30,30}+ ?{Situational Modifier|0,0|+10,10|+20,20|+30,30|-10,-10|-20,-20|-30,-30}+ ?{Modifier|0}]] - 1d100)/10)]] additional degree(s) of success! This rolls Combat for the selected token. The issue I have is that degrees of success are calculated differently. Instead of just having a degree of success per 10 under your target that you roll, it uses the 10's digit plus the statistic modifier. In this case the stat modifier is listed as "box_combat_bonus" which is generally the 10's digit of the Combat stat. For instance, if I roll a 40 and the Combat Stat is a 45, then Degrees of Success is 8. There is also a maximum of 99 after modifiers for target numbers I need to account for. There is also a thing called Flip to Succeed and Flip to Fail. In each case, you flip the roll and either take the better result to succeed or worst result to fail. Not sure how to add that in. Finally, if you roll doubles and are under your target you get a Critical Success and if over the target it's a Critical Failure. So, to sum up my questions: How can I incorporate in the macro taking the ten's die from the roll and adding the "box_combat_bonus" to it for Degrees of Success? How can I set it so that no matter what modifiers are added, the max target number is 99? How can I set it so that I can select Flip to Succeed or Flip to Fail and have it actually do that? Can having it state Critical Success and Critical Failures on doubles be integrated? Thanks for any help you guys can provide.
None of the buttons work because when the game designers asked me to do it, they could not give me the rules.  Since I still don't have them (not buying it), I don't know how to make the buttons work.
Andrews McMeel Publishing
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Coal Coal Powered Puppet said: None of the buttons work because when the game designers asked me to do it, they could not give me the rules. &nbsp;Since I still don't have them (not buying it), I don't know how to make the buttons work. Email me at <a href="mailto:daniel@grimandperilous.com" rel="nofollow">daniel@grimandperilous.com</a> and I will get you sorted out on DriveThruRPG. I thought we'd sent you the PDF - very sorry about that! Best, Daniel Fox Lead designer & author ZWEIHANDER Grim & Perilous RPG <a href="https://grimandperilous.com" rel="nofollow">https://grimandperilous.com</a>
This is good news.&nbsp; I just spent the afternoon setting up my Zweihander campaign.&nbsp; After finishing the maps and tokens I got down to character sheet business and was very disappointed to see that it didn't work.&nbsp; Looking VERY forward to this working as I've already scheduled our first session.
Okay, I think I am finally done. &nbsp;Its is in this&nbsp; campaign , with buttons working. &nbsp;As soon as people tell me its works like it should, I will push it to github so everyone can enjoy.
Hi, I see that the dodge and parry are not linked properly. &nbsp;They are linked to each other.
Wow, pretty amazing look. &nbsp;It would be great if critical hits or success triggered a color or boldness change. &nbsp;It would also be cool to see the outcome of a roll as pass or fail.

Edited 1498867269
This is really cool! I added a Shiv to the sheet. &nbsp;It would be great if the damage for a weapon linked to CB(with its advances)+d6 . &nbsp;I do not think that damage is otherwise situational for weapons. &nbsp;Also, damage uses exploding dice where each roll of a six results in a bonus d6. &nbsp;Examples of exploding d6s can be found in the burning wheel roll20 sheet. Is there a spot to indicate favored attribute granted by upbringing? Adding spells would be useful as well.

Edited 1498866948
I am about to run Enemy Within using this system. &nbsp;Makes me happy to see these sheets! It just blew my mind to see that the peril track works!
Fixed the Dodge and Parry, plus added buttons Critical successes like that would require API. &nbsp;Which is a Pro assets and I nothing API except TheArraon can make it march in straight lines and patterns. &nbsp;And I think one of the Brian's can make it talk on command. Will work on Spells, damage on weapons this weekend.
Added spells and weapon damage
Great.&nbsp; How do I deploy these sheets to my existing campaign?
Here is the&nbsp; pull request for the update. &nbsp;If I did not mess anything up, you will see the changes shortly after the dev's approve the pull request.
Hey Coal. &nbsp;I am wondering how one can apply the racial modifiers for the bonus values. &nbsp;I don't see a spot to do it and it seem so like the bonus values autocalc whenever there is an advancement applied. &nbsp;Also, is there a spot to enter your Upbringing?

Edited 1500227108
I have another question. &nbsp;In 5e d&d each weapon will allow you to set what type of damage modifier to use. &nbsp;That would be helpful here if there was a drop down that allowed you to select CB or AB or BB or CB+1 for damage bonus values for each weapon. &nbsp; &nbsp;Freely entering works but then it has to be modified when it comes time to advance your character. &nbsp;
I would be happy to code in all the spells and weapons if you'd show me where to edit and provide an example.&nbsp; It's been a while since I've done anything outside of python or SQL.&nbsp;
I will look into this tomorrow.
How is this, now?
Hi coal, I'm taking a look at the combat damage bonus values. I'm having trouble finding the test area for the sheet.&nbsp; I know it is not working in the Zweihander campaign I created. Maybe I just don't know what to enter into the damage box?
Actually, it looks like CB is getting pulled from the tiny box above the advances.&nbsp; I'm not sure if that's where CB for weapon damage should be pulled from, maybe I'm wrong though.&nbsp;

Edited 1500925098
Hi folks, I'm going to be playing my second session with these sheets tonight.&nbsp; Here are the most critical items in my point of view: EDIT: After reviewing a message from the game creator he has indicated that the box directly above the six Attribute Advancements for each Attribute is meant to contain racial modifiers and should be used to autocalc the value in the Attribute Bonus Box directly to the right of each Attribute Oval.&nbsp; This directly applies to Story 1 below. 1. Racial Modifiers:&nbsp; Each race in Zweihander has racial modifiers to apply to the Attribute Bonus final values.&nbsp; Right now the auto-calc on the Bonus Box (directly to the right of the Attribute Ovals) prevents modification for racial modifiers.&nbsp; Perhaps the small box directly above each of the six attribute bonus advances is meant to track positive or negative modifiers to the bonus value in the Bonus Box?&nbsp; So say if you needed a -1 CB due to a racial modifier you would put -1 into the small box directly above the attribute bonus advances and it would autocalc correctly with the Bonus Box.&nbsp;&nbsp; This is just an idea, as I have no clue what the box above the advances is meant to hold.&nbsp; Additionally, since the races are finite it would be great if we had a dropdown to select our race (with an "Other" option of course) and that race silently modifies the bonus values and auto-calcs them properly in the Bonus Boxes.&nbsp;&nbsp; Two options to address racial modifiers. 2. Weapon Damage Bonus:&nbsp; Like many other RPGs this game has various attributes that are used as damage modifiers.&nbsp; The standard damage modifier is CB.&nbsp; It would be most helpful if there was a damage bonus type dropdown that lists CB, BB, AB.&nbsp;&nbsp; The box that currently exists for damage is actually being used to track additional damage on top of the attribute bonus for the weapon.&nbsp;&nbsp; I'm not sure the best course forward here, perhaps keep the label of "damage" but have two boxes below it: the first being a dropdown with the Attribute Bonus to invoke for damage, and the second box for any modifier to the damage (like +1 for some weapons).&nbsp; Related Bug : currently damage is pulling its bonus not from the Bonus Box but from the small box above the six attribute advances for each attribute.&nbsp; I don't think this is desired behavior. 3. Upbringing Indication: This is needed somewhere near each attribute as a reminder only.&nbsp; Upbringing lets you select ONE attribute.&nbsp; When selecting skill focus for that attribute you pay half price (basically).&nbsp; Since there are a finite set of upbringings each with only one rule associated with them, perhaps a dropdown would be best.&nbsp;&nbsp; To indicate skills that bear a cheaper focus purchase perhaps those skills could become bold or underlined or otherwise stand out from the list.&nbsp; Alternatively, each attribute has a set of skills associated with it, perhaps in the tan space directly above the white focus boxes for a set of attribute skills and below the thick black line that separates the skills you could have a spot to list the name of the Upbringing associated with each attribute.&nbsp;&nbsp; In this case there would be 7 slots for upbringings to go directly over each set of Focus text boxes and the player would fill in ONE of these Upbringing text boxes with the name of their upbringing.&nbsp; BUG: When you add a trapping under Talents/Trappings it says the word "Talent" above it instead of trapping. BUG: Under Rewards the RP for each tier says 200.&nbsp; It should say 100, 200, and 300 I think. I'm sure we'll find other good stuff tonight and I'll post if anything major comes up.&nbsp; I've been writing macros so that players can just click a button to make generic damage or peril tests and take damage as needed.
Andrews McMeel Publishing
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hey gang, This is Daniel Fox, creator of ZWEIHÄNDER. I will follow this thread to help answer any questions you may have about the game. Great to see that this sheet is getting some much-needed love! On a somewhat related note, we're working on a ZWEIHÄNDER SRD. Once this is live, and has undergone revisions, we'll see about getting this all plugged into Roll20, too. Best, Daniel
Currently in the middle of two other projects, so once I get a break I will fix/improve things
Thanks Coal.&nbsp; We'll still be able to have fun with the sheet in the meantime.
Currently working on it&nbsp; here
Racial Modifiers added to little boxes A fix for weapon damage added. &nbsp;Drop-down for selecting AB, BB, and CB. &nbsp;Plus a modifier/input area. Completely misunderstood the upbringing. &nbsp;Now have to go back and change the code for it. Trapping thing fixed. Experience thing fixed.
Okay, you can now type in the race and it will automatically fill in the various bonuses&nbsp; There is now a radio button near the attributes to indicate the favored attribute
Looking at your updates, I noticed that under the rewards section there is an issue. When you click the radial button to show something was purchased, it's unclicked when you close and reopen the sheet. Also, would you be able to add Incantation for a skill in the drop down used for attacks and WB for damage? I know of at least one spell that allows you to have a weapon based off those (Harvester of Souls).
Couldn't not replicate the open/close things. &nbsp;But Incantation added to skill drop down for weapons.&nbsp; Installed upbrining radio button

Edited 1501461120
Could you also add WP to damage? Not sure if any other stats are used for damage via special abilities or spells though. As for the other issue I mentioned, I'm talking about the radio buttons to the right of where you can type in the character advancements. I'll fill in the area on the sheet I'm referring to. The dots are used to track which advancements you have purchased. EDIT: Also, there are two cells for the traits to the right of the skill that duplicate one another. Marked it as such. EDIT 2: It has been found that the armor bonus to Damage Threshold doesn't get added in. Since it auto-calculates the DT it won't let you manually change it without reverting to calculated value when you reopen sheet.
WP added to damage. Reward checkboxes are given a value and now retain the checked status when the sheet is closed. The duplicates fixed. Armor bonus adds to Damage Threshold.

Edited 1501501798
Good stuff. Last thing I can think of is this. Can you add a misc box for Damage and Peril Threshold to account for things like spell effects etc?
Done
Wish I looked at this first.&nbsp; Can you commit these changes to github?
As soon as folks tell me its good.
Gnome should be +1 AB, IB, WB -1 BB, CB, FB Gnome on sheet +1 CB AB IB WB -1 BB, FB Need to change CB value from 1 to -1 Incantation is in the drop down for weapons skills needed, is that intentional?
Fixed Gnome I was told it was by Aaron E., above. &nbsp;Some kind of spell that acts like a sword or bow or something (Harvester of Souls...whatever that does)..
Ahh ok.&nbsp; Well that's all I found.&nbsp; Every thing else looks good to me.&nbsp;

Edited 1501610537
RobM
Pro
DISREGARD Found an anomaly with the skill roll buttons. The skill roll buttons only count max 2 skill levels not 3.&nbsp; The buttons roll one less skill level that is selected.&nbsp; Example if you roll with a skill level of 2 the roll only adds +10.&nbsp; Skill level 1 adds 0. Tradecraft counts none. DISREGARD see Aaron's comment below.
One of the peril buttons for ignore a skill rank was clicked. Unchecking it I rolled martial at +30 and it calculated fine. Also did tradevraft and it added up right but displays odd when rolled.

Edited 1501610867
RobM
Pro
Ok Awesome, Willpower: 73 Tradecraft: Difficulty: 0 } {{skill_rank= 10 Situational modifier: 0 77&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 83 Roll Rating
Fixd tradecraft roll
Excellent.&nbsp; The sheet and it's functions look good. Can you merge it with github?&nbsp; Please, pretty please :D
Pull request submitted.&nbsp;
And don't forget to tell me if it is working or not.
Will do. Thanks again for all your work on this.
Yes, thanks!
Hello! Me and my friends just started our very first session of Zweihänder and we noticed something weird in the character sheet. If you roll to hit and damage trough the combat tab it doesnt account for skill changes on your sheet unless you swap back and forth between skills e.g. I have 1 skill rank in simple melee and get Peril which puts me in "Ignore 1 skill rank". When i then roll it still doesnt subtract that skill rank from my attack unless i swap from Simple melee to, for example, Martial melee and then back again. Seems to only affect the combat tab section as far as we've seen.
There wasn't any fix I could find for that. &nbsp;