Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Tomb of Annihilation Bug Reporting Thread

Edited 1535487629
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thank you for purchasing Tomb of Annihilation! Please report any bugs below! If you have several to report, please keep them all in one post if possible, that really helps us on the backend. Here is a quick FAQ as a few things have changed in our production since our last release: Why is "Has Sight" no longer checked as a default on tokens? This has been a big conversation internally due to how much processing power it takes for all tokens to have "Has Sight" checked as a default. All creatures with darkvision (or other special vision) are now set up with that radius, however, "Has Sight" will need to be turned on manually. Updating the Game Settings is also an option, but may reset those sight distances. Why does (Monster name) have a text token? If there is no licensed art available for a named NPC or monster, we must make a text token as a placeholder. Users are absolutely free to upload a replacement token if they like to their games, of course! Our licensing agreement only covers what's available in the module itself, along with other WOTC 5E products. I'm having issues with WebRTC with this module! This thread is for module specific content bugs. Please visit the WebRTC thread to document your experience. There are also suggestions for how to improve performance. Posting your console logs to that thread will also be helpful. I've linked to page 9 as it's got some specific things to try. - <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4516830/webrtc-video-and-voice-chat-issues/?pagenum=9" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4516830/webrtc-video-and-voice-chat-issues/?pagenum=9</a> Roll20 Presents Tomb of Annihilation Macros As requested, here are the additional macros that can be added into your game that were created by the Roll20 Presents fan community! Weather &amp;{template:npcaction} {{rname= The Weather of Chult }} {{name= Weather effects }} {{description= [[1t[Weather-of-Chult]]] }} Encounters /w gm &amp;{template:default} {{name=Encounters}} {{morning=[[1d20]]}} {{afternoon=[[1d20]]}} {{night=[[1d20]] }}
I've tried creating the game twice and all I'm getting is a blank game. &nbsp;Is there a problem?
I clicked 'Create Campaign' 30 minutes ago, and am still waiting. Is that normal?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Tomb of Annihilation is a large module and it might seem like it's timed out! Refresh your "My Games" page and you should be able to enter it just fine. (It did the same to me while making my personal game too!)
Game has been "Creating" for about an hour now... is this normal?
Just to follow up, I eventually just pressed the refresh button, looked in my games, and it had created it anyway.
Any idea where i can find the charecter options not just the charecter backgrounds?
Giger
Pro
API Scripter
I found that the "create game" process just indefinitely hangs. What I did, it just open a new tab and manually confirmed the game environment was created. Alex T. said: Any idea where i can find the charecter options not just the charecter backgrounds? I too can't find anything, according to Wizards "The adventure also includes new playable races, class archetypes, backgrounds, feats, spells," but all i can find is the backgrounds. Checking the compendium, there's no specific entries for ToA like we see for Volo. So i have no idea where they're hiding and would love this answered.

Edited 1504876466
Giger said: I too can't find anything, according to Wizards "The adventure also includes new playable races, class archetypes, backgrounds, feats, spells," but all i can find is the backgrounds. I think that quote from WotC came from this article: <a href="http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/news/introducing-t" rel="nofollow">http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/news/introducing-t</a>... ? If so, then I believe that the options you are looking for are found in the Return of the Lizard King adventure which will hopefully soon be found on the DMs Guild.
I have two question. 1. Why does it show my players the initiative roll of my tokens? 2. How do i update the Players Handout Chult map to show them what they've already explored? Or is it not possible? Thanks in advance
Woo Hoo! First map bug report!! &nbsp;(wait, I should probably not be this happy about a bug...) Map:&nbsp;(S) L6: Cradle of the Dead God Looks like someone forgot to change the grid size back to normal after doing the dynamic lighting, it's set to 0.125 units. Nice job on the dynamic lighting for that map, BTW.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Alex & Giger & Grant - The only Character Options included in the Tomb of Annihilation text were the Character Backgrounds. It looks like what you're looking for is in the DM's Guild Adventure. Sadisto - Character sheets can be listed as whispering all rolls to the GM. You can choose this individually, or change your Game Settings to have it apply to all tokens. If you choose the latter, make sure to make a copy of the game first as Game Settings are not reversible. If you visit the Players Map page in the upper bar, the hex tokens are removable (either through deleting or moving to GM layer). So as your players explore, you can reveal parts of the map and move area icons from the GM layer to the Token layer. Andrew - Thank you for catching that! That'll be adjusted in the first patch :)
It seems that after creating the game the players have a few macros to create tokens? Why is this?

Edited 1504911445
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Mrnaner - That's a bug, checking it out now! Edit: 3 Rollable Tables and 1 macro were left visible for players. This will be fixed in the first patch.
The GM map doesn't have correct distances for mesuring. I had to copy the distances from the player map into the gm map setting to fix it (but I may be slightly off, the two images aren't the same size apparently?)
Mel said: Sadisto - Character sheets can be listed as whispering all rolls to the GM. You can choose this individually, or change your Game Settings to have it apply to all tokens. If you choose the latter, make sure to make a copy of the game first as Game Settings are not reversible. I went and changed this in my Settings, but it had no effect, the rolls are still public. Also, in my Game Settings the default setting for damage roll is "Don't Auto Roll Damage" (so that should be the global setting), but in all sheets in the game it's set to "Auto Roll Damage & Crit", no matter the Game Setting.

Edited 1504935344
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
SP - I'll look into that, they should be scaled correctly, sorry about that! Edit: It's now updated and the Map of Chult will measure correctly like the Players Map in the next patch. Viktor - Interesting, it should work by updating the Game Settings, hmm! Can you let me know the name of the game you're looking in so we can get a deeper look?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Victor, can you verify that you applied the Game Settings using the button in the very bottom of the Settings tab from inside the game itself?
Mel said: Victor, can you verify that you applied the Game Settings using the button in the very bottom of the Settings tab from inside the game itself? I had not done that, so that sorted it out. Thanks.

Edited 1505028014
First off: Great work roll20, you guys have really stepped up your game and this module seems very slick, cant wait to play it. So far I've only seen minor things that need correcting: Pterafolk listing: In the token description, under Multiattack: it repeats the terror dive description rather than listing number/order of attacks. In the section Start Here - Introduction : The paragraph detailing Ras Nsi, there is a 'yuan-ti malison' link that details him as as a Type 1 when he is a Type 3. In Chapter 1: Port Nyanzaru - Locations in the City : The Harbor Ward description read 'The enclosed, eastern portion of the harbor is reserved for the use of the merchant princes..." but should be western portion, according to the map. On the Dungrunglung description, under 'The Great Ritual' Krr'ook's Plan: There is a last sentence about poison that seems out of context, either accidently inserted from elsewhere or has something missing before it. Jahaka Anchorage map description: The inner map detailing the 3 sections of K6 are labeled a, b and c in the handout but 1,2 and 3 on the map. Wyrmheart Mine: In the handout section 03: Ore Cart it refers to the Supply Shed as 03 instead of 02 In Chapter 3: Legend of the Nine Gods handout, there is no link for the 'flail snail' representing Unkh, as there is with the other 8.&nbsp; In Chapter 4: Fan of the Night Servant, the yaun ti champion Sekelok in R11 (or any champion token i guess) has an error in its Multiattack description indicating it has attacks with a shortbow but gives the stats for a light crossbow.

Edited 1504995548
Module looks great but going through the Creatures and Monsters i noted the Quipper states "A quipper is a carnivorous fish with sharp teeth. Quippers can adapt to any aquatic environment, including cold subterranean lakes. They frequently gather in swarms; the statistics for a swarm of quippers appear here. " The bolded section here is hyperlinked on the Bio & Info tab to a compendium monster manual link sheet tittled "swarm of quippers" and states "Not Authorized" when clicked . I assume it's because i haven't purchased the Monster Manual on roll20 but i believe the intention was to link it to the "Swarm of Quippers" sheet included within the adventure under the Creatures and Monsters folder. Not a huge issue but figured i'd point it out incase of confusion.
It looks like "Tabletop Audio" doesn't have a search bar?
Mel said: Victor, can you verify that you applied the Game Settings using the button in the very bottom of the Settings tab from inside the game itself? How do you do this?

Edited 1505049891
Ambitosis
Marketplace Creator
Several of the rollable tables seem to be exposed to players, when I can only assume they shouldn't be. Is this actually intended? Also, maybe I'm using the rollable tables wrong, but when I attempt to roll them they either spit out a blank line in chat or nothing at all.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Jase - Thanks for that list! I'm working on fixes now.&nbsp; For the text error under the Great Ritual - This is currently written as we received it in the book text. I'm seeing if it was updated in the actual print edition and will update it if so, but we were also not sure what that sentence referred to in our review.&nbsp; Boomsickle - You were correct in why the link wasn't working. It will be updated in the next patch to link to the correct monster entry in the module.&nbsp; Mrnaner - The Game Settings page can change many of the default settings in your game. Please take a look at the wiki here -&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page</a> which should answer your questions :) Matt C. - Yes that's an error, it will be fixed in the first patch!
Jan L.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Is Grandfather Zitembe missing some character information and traits? There is only general information about priests in his bio
It looks like thumbnails were uploaded to some handouts. I'm looking at the Shrines in Omu right now, and the image at the top is so tiny it's basically useless when trying to see where the different numbers are.

Edited 1505108144
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Going through the tokens on the Token Page, it would appear that the River Mist token is not connected to the journal entry character by default (Represents character is set to None/Generic). This also carries over to the token when dragged from the journal - the default token set for River Mist is set to None/Generic. Edit to add: I have also found this same issue on the Spy token.
In chapter 3 is the Omu Encounters handout suppose to be empty other than a messy graphic on that handout - no info for gm or players on encounters in Omu
nvm see the actual encounters are in the appendix b
Tiny thing, but the macro "Treasure-Drops" says "{{name=Treasure Crops}}" I believe it's supposed to be "Treasure Drops".
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Happy Monday folks! We will be putting out a patch Tuesday &nbsp;barring any unforseen issues.&nbsp; I'll keep checking in on this post throughout the day, but all of the bugs brought up so far are set to be fixed in this patch.&nbsp;
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Another token issue - this time for&nbsp;Mad Kalita on the Pirate Ship page. Her token is not linked to a character sheet - I believe based on the adventure info it should be linked to the spy.

Edited 1505221101
Zym
Sheet Author
I've just purchased the module for our DM. However I am setting up APIs, and they are already disabled. Have I missed something? All my APIs work in the regular game so its just a case of copy and pasting. No avail though. Straight from the start the API console is "broken" How can I get the APIs working for Tomb of Annihilation? &nbsp; resolved Albeit, if I have purchased this on my own account for another DM to run the game. I would appreciate it if they have access to all macros and rollable tables.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Alex - If you create the game and promote your DM to DM, they will have access to all Rollable Tables. Macros are only visible to the person that created the game as a default.&nbsp; There are 2 solutions: 1. Make all macros visible for all players, this will include the DM. This is probably not optimal if you'd like to keep the suspense. 2. We have also included a handout under Supplemental Material that gives the text code for all Macros, and your DM can them make them again himself, which will be private.&nbsp; Adding Macros (not just Rollable Tables) is a new feature in Tomb of Annihilation and we're really glad folks value it :) I hope that helps!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
I'm happy to announce that Patch 1.1 is live! As always, full patch notes are in the module, but here's what we've updated. Tokens • Player's Map of Chult - Added optional Party hex tokens for groups to track their progress. • Player's Map of Chult - Adjusted icons to fit in the grid correctly • Port Nyanzaru - Tokens added for all encounters listed under "Locations in the City". • Merchant Princes Villa - Added tokens for all Merchant Princes. • Jahaka Anchorage - Updated map numbers to reflect handout text. Creatures & Monsters • Pterafolk - The Multiattack description has been updated to read correctly. • Quipper - The description for quipper has been updated to correctly link to the Swarm of Quippers entry in the module. • Sekelok (and the Champion sheet) have had their weapons changed from light crossbows to shortbows. • Grandfather Zitembe now has his NPC information under GM Notes on his character sheet. • River Mist and Spy now link back to the correct token on the Token Page and when dragged from the Journal. Mad Kalita has also been updated on the Pirate Ship Map. Map Scale • Level 6: Cradle of the Death God - Adjusted grid size to 1 unit. • Map of Chult - Map is now scaled correctly for measuring. Text • Story Overview - Ras Nsi's yuan-ti malison type has been corrected. • Port Nyanzaru, Locations in the City - Added Roll20 Note to clarify boat travel on the Brazen Pegasus. • Wyrmheart Mine - Updated handout to refer to Supply Shed as correct area. • Legend of the Nine Gods - flail snail has been given a link. Macros • Players should no longer have default access to any rollable tables or random encounter tables. • Spelling error fixed in Treasure Drops Macro Handouts • Port Nyanzaru - Separated Dinosaur Race and Image into separate handouts. • Omu - The in-handout images for the Nine Shrines have been replaced with higher resolution images.

Edited 1505245247
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks for the patch! Everything looks good in my game from the patch list. A couple of things I did see after the patch: It is unclear where the Player's Handout: Welcome to Chult handout should go. It appeared for me at the bottom of the handout section, along with the new dinosaur racing handout. I'm assuming Chapter 2 Player Handouts, but it isn't mentioned in the patch notes. On the Dinosaur Racing handout, the first line says If desired, show player the Port Nyanzaru Dinosaur Race handout, with a link to that handout. It does not open the correct link, but instead opens the Dinosaur Race Rules handout. I made a copy of my original ToA game before the patch. After the patch, I do not have the option of patching this copied game. The original patched just fine.
In the Side Quests handout &nbsp; the first quest states " Collect a Debt . K’lahu (N female Chultan human thug ), a bookie who takes bets at Executioner’s Run (see area A3),"&nbsp; The see area section should be A2 as A3 is the Refuse Pit.

Edited 1505322938
The second sentence of the Harbor Ward description reads 'The enclosed, eastern portion of the harbor is reserved for the use of the merchant princes...' The royal docks are on the western side of the harbor. In the GM notes for Grandfather Zitembe it starts: 'The head priest of the temple of Sune'.. should be Savras
Every time I click a new tab (say, I want to go into "Journey) it asks me to confirm external link.&nbsp;
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Elizabeth M. said: Every time I click a new tab (say, I want to go into "Journey) it asks me to confirm external link.&nbsp; Could you provide a screenshot of the issue please? Also, do you have any browser extensions that might be causing this issue? I have not been able to recreate it in my personal game that I patched.
Hello, Does&nbsp;Tomb of Annihilation support improved fog of war?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Albert R. said: Hello, Does&nbsp;Tomb of Annihilation support improved fog of war? Improved Fog of War will be available as an option for any user with access to Dynamic Lighting. My understanding for now is that it will need to be enabled on each map, but will be available on any game upon release. As far as I know, there will not need to be any module updates for this feature once it's available.
I run two games of Tomb of Annihilation. When the 1.1 update rolled out, one game was offered the update, but the other game was not (and so is now outdated). Is there a way to force the update, or any other solution?
Mel said: Albert R. said: Hello, Does&nbsp;Tomb of Annihilation support improved fog of war? Improved Fog of War will be available as an option for any user with access to Dynamic Lighting. My understanding for now is that it will need to be enabled on each map, but will be available on any game upon release. As far as I know, there will not need to be any module updates for this feature once it's available. Will it be possible to simply enable it on all maps by default (instead of doing it map by map)?
Is there an easy way to find out if my laptop will be able to process this massive module properly without crashing? Any reccomended tech specs for the module I could get my hands on please?

Edited 1505398131
The character sheet for Captain Ortimay Swift and Dark &nbsp; (What a name!)&nbsp; has a typo in the GM's Notes. "Otherthan shouting orders at the crew and conversing in low tones with Captain Ortimay, Ruddell barely speaks." This text in the Harbor Ward portion of Locations in the City is correct. In the Character sheet for Otyugh , under Symbiotic Guardians. , there's an extra mystery character. "More than one “trained” otyugh has eaten its keeper
after devouring all the waste in its wallow."
GM RedBear said: Is there an easy way to find out if my laptop will be able to process this massive module properly without crashing? Any reccomended tech specs for the module I could get my hands on please? It's a big module. It often hangs on applying to a game or patching but works fine if you wait a bit and reload. Its quite an effort to load up all the journal/handouts, if you have a shitty connection / are on satellite, some of the maps take a long time to load. Especially the player map with all the hidden hexes. I can say its worth the hassle, roll20 have been on top of updating things and the adventure itself is awesome.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Mitchel - Is the game that isn't updating a copy? Copies of games currently do not flag for an update (It's on the list of known issues), so we do recommend that folks make a unique game for each instance of their modules. Apologies that I don't have an easier answer! SP - More information on that will be coming in the future. I do not want to overpromise based on my assumptions of it's functionality. We'll have a big blog post about it and if the production team needs to do anything to make it work on modules, it shall be done :) GM RedBear - The Player's Map is a beast due to all the individual tokens. There are a few others that can be more resource heavy as well. Hrakhammar, Wyrmheart Mine and Fane of the Night Serpent were the ones that gave us the most lag while we were putting together the module and required the most fixing in production to lower resource cost.&nbsp;

Edited 1505409015
Staff of Striking Staff, rare (requires attunement) DMG reflects that this item is Very Rare. &nbsp;Please verify this matches what they sent. (Obviously if this is a book error, we won't know yet, and so be it.) Staff of the Python Staff, (requires attunement by a cleric, druid, or warlock) Missing Rarity entirely.