Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[LFP][5e][Homebrew Setting][Long-Term]Looking for ~2 Players, 10:00 AM Central (15:00/16:00 GMT), Sundays Weekly

Edited 1521730209
The winds of change are blowing across the storm-scarred landscape of the Pāll-tanír. Spirits, the likes of which have not been seen in millennia since the fall of tyranny in the region, ride again upon the billowing desert storms that scour the shifting dunes. The soil of this desert continent, long-soaked in the blood of freedom fighters, conquerors, and rebels, is now steeped in the oil-slick tar of intrigue. A conspiracy to kill the caliph of Tan'Ayya and the caliph of Madras to plunge the region into chaos is afoot. Within the ranks of the criminal organization known as the Hooded Eye, perhaps the only line of defense that stands now between order and anarchy, a civil war brews between those who enjoy the status quo, and those who would like to see ancient, more savage ways restored. Storm clouds gather on the horizon, adventurer. Though mighty, the Dominion's efforts to broker peace and maintain stability are stunted by the ferocious gales of the arventir. And while the little men play their games of kings and pawns, greater threats loom over the shifting sands, watching, waiting, and biding their time among the high mountain peaks. === In the Wake of the Storm is an established campaign. We’ve been playing it for well over a year now, but unfortunately, due to real life commitments and other reasons, our core group has dwindled to four players. We’d like to get more people involved, so if you’re up for playing a game on Sundays, at 10:00 AM Central/3:00 PM GMT for around 4 hours every session, we’d like to invite you to join us. Here’s a little information about the campaign that I’m running, and what you can expect of the game: Politics : Medium — Although the players thus far haven’t spent much time being embroiled in the actual politics of the region, the party has aligned itself with the faction of the Hooded Eye that seeks to maintain stability and are actively working to thwart the conspiracy against the caliphs. Roleplay: High — I like to run games that involve a lot of roleplay, and whenever possible, I like to encourage interactions among player characters and between the players and NPC’s. It might occur that in some sessions, there won’t be any combat encounters at all, but rather quite a few social encounters. Magic: Medium — The Dominion, which controls the majority of the known world, takes a very wary approach to the arcane arts. As a result, magical items that are available are either used for practical purposes, or defensive purposes. Magical weapons come at a premium, and require a license to wield. Gravity: Medium — Like most groups, me and my current players like to have some fun every now and again, but the overall tone of the game is pretty serious. The characters are facing a genuine crisis and have a lot to lose should they fail, but occasionally, levity is necessary in the face of what seems like insurmountable odds. Player Buy-In: If you’re up for crossing the continent, going from mission to mission, chasing down leads in the hopes of stopping the catastrophic downward spiral of things, if you’d like to play in a game where the stakes are pretty high even though the danger seems distant, then this might be the game for you. Although the party has yet to really engage with it, having spent most of their time on the move, there is a lot of politics at play in the region, and there are hidden forces maneuvering both sides into unavoidable war. Basically, if you want to enjoy the game, you have to be up for working really hard to prevent a huge disaster with very little information about what’s really going on behind the scenes, and slowly building the picture that will help you solve the problem. === If you find that you’re still interested in the game after that spiel, then we should probably go over a few things about character creation: Starting Level: 9th Pre-Built Characters: Because this is an entire setting of my creation, the only pre-built characters that will be accepted are ones without pre-existing backstories unless said backstories are generic enough (i.e. do not contain specific historical events, prominent figures, and/or prominent locations) to be reworked to fit my world, subject to my discretion. Races: A word of forewarning: the races in this setting developed in a very different way than what you might have learned to expect in High Fantasy. For instance, due to a plague that nearly wiped out the entirety of their population, Dwarven society has become particularly fastidious and zealous. You can find more information about the races in this article: The Races of Sekhar There are no extant equivalents of the Triton, Firbolg, Kenku, Aarakocra, Shifter and Warforged races in my setting, and as such they will not be playable. Halflings are extinct as a result of the same plague that wiped out the dwarves. Genasi, Tieflings, and Aasimar are a special case due to in-universe lore. These races will be unavailable to choose from for your first character, but if you’re able to prove that you have the roleplay chops to play these races (because of aforementioned lore reasons), then I’ll let you use them for your next character if your first character dies. Alignment: I choose not to allow characters that start out evil-aligned. Classes: Anything published is fair game. UA classes are not unwelcome (except for the mystic), but you should talk to me before you decide to use something from UA. If a UA class/subclass has a published equivalent, the published option takes precedent, of course. I allow Matthew Mercer’s Gunslinger homebrew class, but not any of his other class options. Current Party Composition: Khathari (Tabaxi) Battlemaster Fighter Tussari Centhiri (Yuan-Ti) Gunslinger Fighter Half-Elf Eldritch Knight Fighter Arventiri (Human) Mystic And that’s about it, I think? In-world lore will be discussed further with individuals when they join. Don’t hesitate to ask me questions about the world, though, as I’m very much open to answering them!
Hey this sounds really interesting. I'd love to find out more. I've been playing 5e for 6 years, I'm 20 from UK. I am really into staying true to my character and seeing them develop over a campaign. I usually DM but have been wanting to play again for ages. Looking forward to hearing form you x
Hi Ben! Do you have any pertinent questions you'd like to know the answers to before you decide to take the plunge?
What level would I be starting out at? But besides that I honestly think I am up for it. Sounds really interesting and I'm dying to play as a character again rather than DM. 
Ooooh. That's a piece of information that I completely forgot to include. You'll be starting at 9th level. I'll be sending you my Discord details and we can continue to talk there.
Hello! I love the sound of this campaign, and that time fits perfectly for me. I love to roleplay, and I have several thousand hours of experience with Roll20. Could we talk further through Discord? Ravinia#5986
We can certainly talk more, there! I've sent you a friend request.
This seems rather interesting to me, and I can definitely make that time. Are you still looking for more players? Ananfal#7510 on Discord if you want to talk more.
Hi! Sorry, but I'm already in talks with two potential players, so for the time being, I'm not taking any more. Sorry, again!