Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage Official Bug Thread

DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thank you for purchasing  Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage ! Please report any bugs and feedback in this thread.  Here is an additional quick FAQ based on past releases: Important Notice:  The  Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage  - Map & Card Deck Addon is not designed to be added into the core Dungeon of the Mad Mage adventure module, as these elements already exist within the module. Attempting to import them into the core module will result in your current maps being overwritten by the addon's maps. I bought the game. Now what? You can now create a new game and choose "Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage" from the modules on the right hand side of your game creation screen. What Character Sheet should I use? All Wizards of the Coast licensed content on Roll20 uses the Roll20 5th Edition OGL Sheet. When creating a new Roll20 game that you intend to use with Dungeon of the Mad Mage, be sure to select the 5th Edition OGL as your Character Sheet in the Game Setup page for full compatibility. Why does (Monster name) have a text token? If there is no licensed art available for a named NPC or monster, we must make a text token as a placeholder. Users are absolutely free to upload a replacement token if they like to their games, of course! Our licensing agreement only covers what's available in the module itself, along with other WOTC 5E products. I am experiencing lag, how can I improve performance? Check out the Wiki help article here After following steps there, performance can be improved by removing darkvision on some NPC's. We have already done this on performance heavy maps in the module. There are maps with 20+ NPC's with darkvision, which can be a common source of map lag.
The Animated Ballista in the module has no attacks on it character sheet.
The campaign details page doesn't have a thumbnail.
Is there a way to add the adventure module to an already existing game?

Edited 1541795870
on handout "Exploring Level 23" the elixir of timelessness links to the spell time stop and not the hand out named elixir of timelessness. also the same handout references something called [Shield of the Uven Rune], the link is broken because the referenced handout doesn't exist.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Jason L - Thank you for the report, we'll get that update in a patch Grogmonster - Thank you as well, newly created games should now have the image PlayerTested - As this is a Module, it must be used as the base game. If you would like to move characters between games, please check out the Character Vault tool  
In Level 2 of the Dungeon the Handout for Room 7d say there are 3 ghasts in the room. On the map there are 3 ghouls instead.
Gargantuan Gelatinous Cube doesn't have a listed XP value or challenge rating.

Edited 1541882507
Level 3, area 17c doesn't have the two goblins named "Dribblespit and Zob" on the map as noted in the "Exploring Level 3" handout. Edit: Also Handout "Exploring Level 3" section 21p. "Arch gate to Level 6" last last says "The rules of this gate are as follows:" and nothing follows.
On level 2 room 26c the trap mentions it has a speed but doesn't actually list what that speed is.

Edited 1541897894
A few things so far: 1. The gate in Level 3 Area 15b doesn't have the rules for it. 2. Drow Priestess and Drow Mage don't have their spells in the spell section of their stat block/character sheet. Might not be DotMM specific; I haven't checked. 3. Copper Stormforge's token isn't in Level 2 Area 1e. 4. Maybe I missed something, but which effect does a triggered Elder Rune use? I assume bane, but it could be something else. 5. Very minor detail: In Level 2 Area 25, under the 25b-25r section, it says "the grick in area 25b" when it should say "the gricks in area 25c". 6. Level 4 Area 9. It says the tripwires trigger traps on squares marked with "T". There aren't any T squares in area 9 on the map. 7. Level 4 Area 16c. Clicking the spell scroll of magic weapon takes you to the magic missile spell.
On level 3 16a and 16b the text say the drow are hiding their and their tokens are on the token layer, I think they would be better on the GM layer if they are hiding.
On level 3 21p the gate doesn't have any rules.
In "Exploring lower and middle skullport" under 27 poisoned quill Alterations to magic isn't linked properly. 
On level 4 under "Exploring level 4" in 7 under mad wizards retreat rope of climbing isn't properly linked under treasure.
Dean
Roll20 Team
Thanks for all the quick catches :) Production team is taking notes and cleaning up those details quickly!

Edited 1542107067
Not sure if this is just the module that I bought or what, but, all the tokens that were suppose to be set up on all the maps aren't set up on the maps. All I see are the maps when I load into a page and that's it, no tokens scattered around. Edit: got it working fine for now, if they dont load in again or if i find another bug I'll let you know
On Level 1, Area 6e, there is no description for this room
Dean
Roll20 Team
Hi all, we've deployed a patch today for version 1.1 on the module: Patch 1.1 General Added Important Notice Handout regarding the adding in of the map pack to an existing game 'Shield of Uven Rune' renamed to 'Shield of the Uven Rune' Level 2 Copper Stormforge added to area 1e as per module text. Ghouls in area 7d replaced with Ghasts as per module text. Trap in area 26c clarified beyond module text, link added. Level 3 Gate rules for Area 15b and area 21p added, including relevant linking. Goblins Dribblespit and Zob added to room 17c as per module text. Encounter in area 16 moved to GM layer. Level 4 Trap markers for area 9 added. Corrected two misdirected links. Link corrected for Rope of Climbing. Level 23 Corrected two misdirected links. Bestiary Gargantuan Gelatinous Cube updated with XP value. Drow Preistess of Lolth updated with correct spellcasting information. Drow Mage updated with correct spellcasting information. Attack added to Animated Ballistae. We've also deployed a minor patch on the Map & Card Deck addon, adding trap markers to area 9.
Punished Buckley said: Not sure if this is just the module that I bought or what, but, all the tokens that were suppose to be set up on all the maps aren't set up on the maps. All I see are the maps when I load into a page and that's it, no tokens scattered around. Edit: got it working fine for now, if they dont load in again or if i find another bug I'll let you know Further to this, I also had the same "issue" without realizing it was an issue, I had assumed that the maps were supposed to be blank (Although I probably should have thought about that for a moment) and have spent the last week hand placing creatures on the first 4 levels.  I now realize the issue was that, as per the patch notes above, I had initially loaded up the map pack into the game, which replaced all of the completed maps with blank ones. Removing the map pack does not seem to bring back the completed maps however, so I think I will need to start a fresh game.  I'm inwardly dying over all that wasted time, but i'm twice as glad not to need to do the rest of the floors, that's for sure. 
On level 5 all the passages that lead to expanded dungeons have their dynamic lighting done wrong, the line that would hide them from the players is missing on all of them.
On level 5 area 4, 4a and 4d are meant to be iron portcullis but on the dynamic lighting layer they are solid objects, I think they should be transparent or drawn more like a door so if players managed to open it the Gm could open it for them on the dynamic lighting layer.
I have noticed that each map has a shadow outline of the level underneath the map image. I don't see a purpose for this, perhaps it helped with lining up the sections of the overlay map? Removing that extra map layer will help performance, and with maps this large every little bit will helps.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Grog - thank you! Ed S- That shadow layer is what creates the thumbnail on the page bar as we needed to break each map into sections for this module. It's a very small image (100px IIRC) so it should not negatively not affect performance :)
Trivia said: Grog - thank you! Ed S- That shadow layer is what creates the thumbnail on the page bar as we needed to break each map into sections for this module. It's a very small image (100px IIRC) so it should not negatively not affect performance :) That's an interesting solution. The thumbnail is made from the largest image, scale-wise, not pixel-wise. I already deleted them all from my game, I didn't notice the thumbnail change, then again I wasn't paying attention.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
I am unsure where the page thumbnail image is stored when its deleted from a map, so it may retain for you! And yes, it chooses the biggest image scale wise, but then shrinks it down. It's been a handy trick to get a nice looking preview without needing a big asset :) It's also helpful to keep the image small (and blurry), as it may load in before higher-rez images and then be a spoiler for those not using Dynamic Lighting
Level 6 Area 26. The umber hulk doesn't have a link to the stat block. Not that big of a deal, shift double clicking works on the token.
On level 1 there's a hallway 6e, I cant seem to find a description of it, or is it a mistake ?
At least so far for level 1 and 2 there are various missing light sources for maps that should have light. I dont have a comprehensive list, but for example area 26a on level 1 is not lit properly. I believe either room 8b or 8c on level 1 wasn't lit. Logically speaking, area 6c should be lit given that humans are playing cards. These issues are probably on every layer.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Morris: We'll check that out. In our final review we did out best to catch all lighting described in the book, so we would appreciate letting us know what we missed! Thank you :)
On level 1 the bottom right corner of the map is shifted off the other part of the maps so its disconnected from the rest

Edited 1543142998
We have a throne missing its magical properties in  Level 3 14C Hall of Stone. As one of the oldest surviving relics of Illefarn, the throne is priceless. It has two minor magical properties: A creature sitting in the throne can't tell a lie. The throne is surprisingly light for its size, weighing only 500 pounds.
The "Big Xorn" monster has a mistake on the name. When you open the character sheet it still says just Xorn on the name. Again the Character Sheet is named "Big Xorn" but on the character sheet itself it just says "Xorn" 
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Patch Notes  1.2 Level 1 Added Dynamic Lighting to rooms where appropriate Level 3 Area 14 has been updated with Statue and Throne descriptions Big Xorn character sheet should read correctly, instead of just "Xorn" Level 5 Dynamic Lighting has been updated for Expanded Dungeon tunnels Updated Dynamic Lighting in Area 4a and 4d to appear more as a portcullis Other notes: Updated text links where applicable Additionally to speak to other reports from the forums: Level 1 area 6E has no book text. We don't want to remove a map icon that WOTC provided, but currently have no map text to match it. 
Just purchased today, and a newly created game has no thumbnail image. 
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Kris K. - If you create a game now does it have the image? Looking into it for you :)
I just purchased this module and every time I try and make a new game with it I get this error. "The game you're attempting to copy is currently not available. Please wait until that game's content is finished being updated." Is this a thing on your end that I just need to wait out or am I doing something wrong?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Nate - Looking into this now, thank you for the report
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Should be fixed! Thanks folks :)

Edited 1543356788
Yup! Works great now. Thanks! Edit: I lied. Now when I make the game I don't get the error, but the game is completely blank. No maps, assets, etc.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Nate - give it like...2-3 minutes while it's creating the game - currently the game creation "please wait while we populate" message is disabled, so it just hasn't finished building it yet :)
That appears to have worked. Thank you very much!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
No problem! Have fun storming the dungeon~
Trivia - Yes, it puts the correct banner in place now.  Thanks!  Meanwhile, I've been having another issue.  I created character tokens for each of my players, associated them with the character sheets, and then went into the character sheets and associated the default token.  No matter what I do, if I drag and drop that character into the play area, it shrinks the token down by one increment - instead of getting a character token that fills one 5 ft. square, I get the 1/4 square token floating in the corner.  This happens even if I go into the token and set its dimensions manually before associating it with the character sheet.  Never seen this happen in any other module. 
Welp, so I recently bought the game, prepared it for my players a week ago, and now after the first two initial patches, ALL Tokens from ALL Maps are gone
Kris K. said: Trivia - Yes, it puts the correct banner in place now.  Thanks!  Meanwhile, I've been having another issue.  I created character tokens for each of my players, associated them with the character sheets, and then went into the character sheets and associated the default token.  No matter what I do, if I drag and drop that character into the play area, it shrinks the token down by one increment - instead of getting a character token that fills one 5 ft. square, I get the 1/4 square token floating in the corner.  This happens even if I go into the token and set its dimensions manually before associating it with the character sheet.  Never seen this happen in any other module.  I'm having the same issue. I think it's because the map is set to a different scale than most 'normal' maps. As a test. Try changing the scale back to normal and then drag a token in.
Hi HamIlli, Could you provide a link to the affected game (not a join link)? If you like you can send it to me in PM while we sort this out for you.

Edited 1543893214
Hey all,  In Skullport: Skull Island  Area 10b the token: "Hlool"  which links to a Kuo-toa NPC sheet, doesn't have AC defined. Thus, not included on the token. Easy enough fix for me.. but thought you might want to know.
Drespar said: Hi HamIlli, Could you provide a link to the affected game (not a join link)? If you like you can send it to me in PM while we sort this out for you. I assume you mean the details page? This would be this one: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/3968614/undermountain-dungeon-of-the-mad-mage" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/3968614/undermountain-dungeon-of-the-mad-mage</a>
Hi Weird in this module all of my rolls are DMrolls . I have created another new dungeon of the mad mage game and exactly the same . All my other 5 e games funktion normally .