Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][5e][Weekly Sat 4pm PDT/6pm CDT] RP-Heavy Faerûn Group

Edited 1573440389
Vesp
Pro
This is a group that alternates between two campaigns every week. We are looking for an additional player who integrates well with the group and is consist with showing up on time. While not a requirement, we are looking for active roleplayers who push the in-character parties with activity, be it with tiny details of how one talks and reacts, to more macroscopic motivations for the story. Our group is fun-loving, yet dedicated to roleplay, and likes to take time to add depth to characters, which does have the side effect of being slow, but to us, it is worth it as part of the journey. My campaign involves the Dragon of Icespire Peak, customized for a party that is apart of a large and diverse biological family. Worry not about lore, I can twist the Forgotten Realms to fit your character concept. We are 3rd level, having a half-orc barbarian, human cleric, and halfling sorcerer inclined towards good alignments. We are in the midst of collecting magic items, funds, and experience to ultimately stop the white dragon from destroying the frontier region of the Sword Mountains. The other DM's campaign started off with Waterdeep: Dragon Heist, which transitioned to their own customized story that takes us on a journey across Faerun. We are 9th level, having an aasimar fighter, kobold cleric, and gnome rogue, with a mix of non-evil alignments. We are currently trying to find some keys to a treasure, along with preventing possible destruction of much of the world from evil forces attempting to unite. To help with finding the right player, a bit of dedication on your part is needed to tell us who you are and what you want. Please fill out the following. Usually the more detail the better, unless it is approaching essay length and beyond. Player Name: (Real Life or Online Nickname) Who are you as a person?  (Your hobbies, likes & dislikes, shows, games, fandoms, etc... History, job, beliefs, are optional....) What do you prioritize in D&D and why?  (Combat, Build Efficiency, Socializing, Story & Plot, Comedy, Character Development, Friendship, etc....) How able are you to keep to the schedule of sessions?  (Degree of reliability) (Copy below and repeat for two characters) Character Name.  (Can also include aliases, titles, nicknames, etc) Race.  (What specifically are they, and how has this affected them?) Classes.  (What do they specialize in and optionally, how was it obtained?) Background.  (What were they before they joined the party, or still continue to be apart of?) Alignment.  (What do they value in ideals and how do they go about accomplishing it?) Why does your character want to adventure?  (What are their personal goals and motivations to risk themselves beyond a mundane life?) What keeps them with the party?  (What keeps them bound to the overall wants of the party? Personal bonds? Debt? Their usefulness?) Here is an example form. Player Name:  Vesp Who are you as a person?  I'm a lifelong gamer and lore-freak who has chilled out over time, transferring my passion towards D&D. What do you prioritize in D&D and why?  Lore. I love it with characters, with the world and plot and how everything interacts with each other. On a meta-level, I also value the friendships I have made, from my normal introverted self. How able are you to keep to the schedule of sessions?  I've never missed a session, though I have been late a couple of times. This is due to Saturday being an open day for me. Character Name.  Brottor the Shamed Race.  Mountain Dwarf. His upbringing has been shielded in the mountains and he dislikes the sun the same way one has to block it while driving with it in front of one's face. Orcs are his mortal enemy, and he normally kills them on sight, and has half a mind to do the same to half-orcs. Classes.  Berserker Barbarian, Fighter, Rogue. Brottor specializes in sleeking his crusted axe into the hearts and necks of his enemies in whatever way possible, by the end being bathed in blood. To others though he's an axe idiot who shouts his name before running into a room... Background.  Mercenary Veteran. He keeps his past hidden, and grows offended at the mere question of it. What he has shown is his expertise in jobs involving legal mercenary work, and he continues to do it to this day. Alignment.  Chaotic Neutral. Brottor has never been one for traditions, which is considered heretical to his dwarven citadel. He was to be married, as is proper, to what the priests ordained. He obviously rejected, not wanting to be tied down. It was the final straw, and he now lives shamed, with his clan name removed from him. His selfish unfettered nature has brought him to gangs, pirates, and anything in between for some coin, and loves every moment of it. Why does your character want to adventure?  The rush of death as a possibility keeps his blood pumping, making him feel more alive than ever. Adventurers in legend always seem to end up in trouble, and he loves it like a strong drink in his mouth and a hot bearded woman on his lap. What keeps them with the party?  Lots of money. Brottor sees them as not just skilled, but willing to do the jobs most don't want to risk doing, and that makes them very valuable assets that will keep his banks full of coin. He will help them, even if he couldn't care less about their personal values or goals, as he knows it will benefit him in the end. Character Name.  Iska, also known as the little holy lizard. Race.  Homegrown Kobold. She was raised above ground, her eyes adapting to all the light, but was isolated, never learning the normal group tactics of most kobolds. She experienced much racism, treated as monstrous vermin by most humans in Neverwinter. Classes.  Life/Light (homebrew) Cleric. As a cleric of life and light, Iska specializes in healing and buffing her allies at range, but surprisingly has a few offensive options when enemies threaten the innocent or her friends. She obtained this with much religious devotion and prayer, helped in large part by her father. Background.  Faction Agent. She was normally disallowed from joining the Order of the Gauntlet due to her race, with some believing her to be the evil they fought against. However, her father helped get her in with much of his efforts to them in the past. She now represents them in her deeds to the common folk of Faerun. Alignment.  Neutral Good. She is charitable in-part due to her foster father, but it took a while for her kobold nature as a fettered servant to change. Many negative cultural reactions have made her dislike society's traditions. She now weighs practicality over strict laws, but has no desire to break or ignore them. Why does your character want to adventure?  She travels to fulfill the wishes of her dead father and deity Tamara in aiding a world filled with death and affliction. Currently her focus is helping the impoverished and gang-filled streets of Waterdeep by helping to return their stolen money. What keeps them with the party?  She is the bleeding heart of the group, with others focused on practicality and self-centered goals. They often disagree with her self-sacrificing nature, but Iska needs them as much as they need her, and she now seeks to help accomplish their goals as well, even if it makes her uneasy.
Player Name:  Fembot/ Angelina Who are you as a person?  My hobbies include watching anime and cooking. I spend a lot of my time doing homework for my master’s program. My favorite games are deception based like coup and resistance. What do you prioritize in D&D and why?  I particularly enjoy the cooperative story telling. I think it’s so special to be let into someone else’s imagination and creative space. I also enjoy the role playing and combat. The anticipation of a fight is a lot of fun. How able are you to keep to the schedule of sessions?  Yes, I do not work on Saturdays in general and never have plans.   Character Name.  She has a variety of names that are used to keep her identity safe. Her family calls her Rose. The inner circle of her life will only know her name. Criminal contacts, the publisher, and others will know her by Marry. Her pen name will R.M. Race.  Damaran Human. Being a human has allowed her to blend into a number of situations and almost be glossed over. Classes.  Arcane Trickster Rogue. She is more likely to talk her way out of a situation if she’s caught than cause bloodshed; however if necessary, she will use her dagger that is hidden inside a pen she is constantly writing with. Background.  Investigative reporter. She could be considered a criminal because no huge story gets broken by abiding by the law. She has a network of informants who help her rid the world of corrupt individuals with power. This world of corruption is filled with violence and murder but she doesn’t shy away. She has been trained in stealth and deception by a secretive group who share values similar to hers. Alignment.  Chaotic Good. Rose wants to ease the suffering of others by eliminating oppressive rulers. She relies on her own moral compass to guide her in making the world just. During her childhood, a strong sense of duty was instilled in her to protect the people who cannot protect themselves and to not blindly trust those in power. She acts on her values by infiltrating and spying on various parties until she is sure she can trust them. Why does your character want to adventure?  Rose wants to adventure because her training has shown that corruption knows no bounds and it is her destiny to help others. She is also inspired by other members of her family. What keeps them with the party?  Rose has strong familial bonds and would want to commit to a party that wants to overcome similar goals. She also wants to publish breaking news under a pen name. She slightly loves to her name on the lips of others.     Character Name.  Davben Belavor Race.  Half-Elf. His entire clan strictly consisted of all half-elves. He’s never really met others of different races. He has never left the safety of his small tribe. Classes.  Circle of Twilight Druid. Specializes in shield and hand axe wielding. Melee is only second preferred to shape shifting and spell casting. This circle is from Unearthed Arcana. Focuses on banishing undead and returning the balance of life and death.   Background. Davben’s clan for sees a great disaster approaching. Undead will become a plague on the world. XXX has been prophesied to wield a great weapon crafted from both nature and metal. Since his clan is unfamiliar metals and it’s properties, He has left the small tribe to seek more knowledge and to become the first druidic nature smith. Alignment. Chaotic Good. Davben is grappling with the sudden request of his tribe to introduce metals to his crafts since it was always frowned upon for all of his life. He is placing aside his own mental barriers and crossing into unknown territory for the sake of the world. Why does your character want to adventure?  He is bound by the promise to his tribe to adventure and learn how to create a weapon from nature and metal. Davben is a proud half-elf who carries the burden of his future on his shoulders. What keeps them with the party?  Knowledge. Being raised in a communal setting, it is unnatural for him to be alone. He understands the value of working as a team to achieve large goals 
Player Name: Skyeren Who are you as a person?  D&D, Writing, Music (listen and play), Anime, What do you prioritize in D&D and why?  Role-playing and combat, making friends with common interest How able are you to keep to the schedule of sessions?  As I am +8GMT I have been able to keep most online sessions with friends from America as its usually in the mornings for me. According to the scedule it will be on a Sunday 8am for me. And Sundays are generally open so no issues there. Its possible that I might be late every now and then from over sleeping but that rarely happens. Character Name.  Skye Race.  Half-elf Classes.  Bard, obtained during his time as a spy during his time with a secret organization. Background.  Spy. He was born into an elven society. His mother was unfortunately raped by a bunch of bandits during a raid and she got impregnated. As life was considered sacred by the clan and abortion was frowned upon, he was born. Life was hard for him as a half-elf living in an elven society. From a young age, he never felt at home as he out-grow every childhood friend he ever made. He hated the human blood within his body and the older he grew, the worst it became for him as people avoided being near a half-human as he became to be known. Elves have such a long time to become proficient at what they do that many care little for this half-elf and his human half. His facial hair gave him a unique look amongst his peers which further differentiated him from the rest. No-one was sad to see him go when he decided to venture out into the world except for his mother, who with teary eyes bated him fair well and gave him a chain mail of elven make. The chain mail was a family heirloom made and enchanted for his grandfather during times of war. During his travel into the world, he was recruited into the secret organization as a spy where he learned the trade and made connections that made him what he is today. Alignment.  Chaotic Neutral, He hates all rules and laws, and have no views upon religion. He is loyal to his friends, not to ideals, and everyone else can take a trip down the Styx for all he cares. Why does your character want to adventure?  To find a place where he feels he belonged, and mayhaps find the father that raped his mother and extract revenge. What keeps them with the party?  At first it would be their usefulness, but as time pass he grew to care for them. Character Name.  Stylie Race.  Half-elf Classes.  Arcane Trickster Background.  I tend to use the same background as the previous mentioned as it takes sometime to create a back story to not use it in a campaign. Alignment.  Chaotic Neutral Why does your character want to adventure?  same as above What keeps them with the party?  same as above

Edited 1573785649
Player Name:  John Who are you as a person?  I like rpgs in all forms, tabletop or video games. I dislike control freaks and I like happy go lucky people. What do you prioritize in D&D and why?  I care solely about the story; the development of our character's friendship and grandeur of their adventures. How able are you to keep to the schedule of sessions?  Free all day saturday. Character Name.  Daze the Haze Race.  Tiefling. Hes realised hes not welcome in most circles and he has come to accept being an outcast. Classes.  Warlock. He picked the pocket of someone he really should have and acquired an amulet that contained a powerful demon which began trying to beguile him. The paladin he pick pocketed eventually hunted him down and backed him into a corner with no hope of escape; it was at this moment the demon proposed a deal, to forever seal away this foe in return for Daze's unfailing loyalty. How could Daze decline? He would rather serve this thing than die and after the bargain was struck the paladin was no more. From then on he has been a Great old one Warlock wandering from place to place at the beck and call of his new master. Background.  He was a charlatan, duping helpless nobles out of their wealth by posing as a Master Jeweler. Alignment.  Chaotic. Daze thrives on freedom and the idea of finding others who prize freedom as well. He has never really fit in anywhere so finding someone who accepts him as he is would make his life complete. Why does your character want to adventure?  Daze doesn't really value his life very much, he really lacks a purpose. Hes the perfect servant to someone like the demon and as long as he is under someone's thumb he will never know true happiness. His goal is to become free of the demons influence. What keeps them with the party?  Daze has never met anyone hes been friends with long, but that was more because he keeps rather fickle company. Haze would never leave a group of people that valued him as a person but he wouldn't know what that feels like; until then, he wanders at the behest of the demon. Character Name.  Count Viro Baxter Race.  Human. Hes always felt welcome, always a part of large circle of family and friends; however this also made him feel lost. He was just another Baxter in a large family who never really found his purpose. The Baxter Family name was always one associated with greatness and adventure and then there was Viro always laying low always feeling like he was invisible. Classes.  Wizard. Viro wanted to achieve as much as his family but he was weak and frail so took more to reading and study rather than sparing or horse riding. He had always been interested in the arcane arts and chose to strive for greatness in his own way by joining a reputable mages guilding by using his family name. Background.  A noble. Viro grew up in the nobility and as such highly values his reputaion above all else. Alignment.  Lawful. Viro seeks to separate himself from his family as much as possible in order to get out from under the shadow of all the other greater Baxters who he really felt like a disappointment to. Why does your character want to adventure?  To prove he can survive without his family's influence.  What keeps them with the party?  Viro is useless in a hand to hand fight and is currently searching for people he can feel safe around. If he found some reliable people who have no relation to his family whatsoever he would see them as invaluable.