Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

I still cannot upload music

I can't find the post that I made 2 days ago, the one in which Nicholas requested me to send an email because it was faster.  Well, I have had no response, and still cannot upload MP3's reliably- one out of every 30 attempts seems to go through as long as it's small (under 5MB), but just now I could not even download a 2.1mb file. Did all of these new fake accounts make your servers drop the rest of us?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I cannot speak to the reason for any delays, but here is the link to your old thread: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8213327/cannot-upload-music/?pageforid=8215182#post-8215182" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8213327/cannot-upload-music/?pageforid=8215182#post-8215182</a>
I did a trace route which showed no problems to check for blocks on the line, and there are not, so obviously Roll20 has throttled my account or is preventing me from uploading. I have checked the following, and these are NOT the cause: tried both Firefox and Chrome tried using Roll20 from different devices disabled extensions not using VPN disabled AVG all files are simply MP3, most under 10MB, but the the limit for downloading into Juxebox should be 20mb per file.&nbsp; I can't even reliably load files as small as 2.1 MB! tested the router
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Did you send the email as Nicholas requested in your original thread (in his post yesterday)?
&lt;facepalm&gt;&nbsp; really?&nbsp; Yes, about 23 hours ago.&nbsp; And after not receiving a response and still having the issue, despite being told it would be a faster resolution, I posted here.&nbsp; Curiously enough, after posting here again, I received an email just now asking for an ISP speed test. I've said it before, and I'll say it again.&nbsp; Asking for help in roll20 is like calling any company for help these days...you end being put on hold by someone in Malaysia who passes the call to someone else, who does the same, and finally you get hung up on.&nbsp; And 3 days later, you still have the issue.&nbsp; But they'll take your money.&nbsp; I didn't have these kinds of problems and responses until this winter.&nbsp; Using Roll20 in 2018 and the majority of 2019 was a very good experience.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
OldSchoolGM said: &lt;facepalm&gt;&nbsp; really?&nbsp; Yes, about 23 hours ago.&nbsp; And after not receiving a response and still having the issue, despite being told it would be a faster resolution, I posted here.&nbsp; Curiously enough, after posting here again, I received an email just now asking for an ISP speed test. I've said it before, and I'll say it again.&nbsp; Asking for help in roll20 is like calling any company for help these days...you end being put on hold by someone in Malaysia who passes the call to someone else, who does the same, and finally you get hung up on.&nbsp; And 3 days later, you still have the issue.&nbsp; But they'll take your money.&nbsp; I didn't have these kinds of problems and responses until this winter.&nbsp; Using Roll20 in 2018 and the majority of 2019 was a very good experience. Sorry, but I'm not capable of reading your mind.&nbsp; You didn't post there or mention whether you had actually sent one in this thread. Good luck. &nbsp;
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
OldSchoolGM said: I've said it before, and I'll say it again.&nbsp; Asking for help in roll20 is like calling any company for help these days...you end being put on hold by someone in Malaysia who passes the call to someone else, who does the same, and finally you get hung up on.&nbsp; And 3 days later, you still have the issue.&nbsp; But they'll take your money.&nbsp; I didn't have these kinds of problems and responses until this winter.&nbsp; Using Roll20 in 2018 and the majority of 2019 was a very good experience. Weekend + new user records due to everyone staying home. Just saying.
Weekend+the peanut gallery chiming in.&nbsp; Just saying.&nbsp; Ya'll can close this thread for all the good you do.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Actually, we are people who have been trying to help and communicating your situation to the devs to the best of our ability. Good luck with your issue.
Hi OldSchoolGM, First off, apologies for the time taken on this issue. As many have stated, we are experiencing delays when it comes to ticket resolution and response times. Our support staff is at capacity at the moment and we are doing our best to ensure the fastest turnaround that we can. All of that said, those who have responded thus far are not Roll20 staff, nor do they hold any moderation permissions. These are members of our community that have gone out of their way to attempt to get eyes on your issue in particular and help however they can. Our Code of Conduct states " Discussions on Roll20 should always maintain a tone of respect and civility." and we ask that you follow this as you agreed to when you first joined our forums. As this issue will be handled through email, I will be closing this thread.