Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How long is it taking to get a response from tech support

Hello! I realize that its a holiday weekend, and I don't expect to hear from anyone before Monday at the earliest, but I put in a support request over 8 days ago and haven't heard anything. I do have some time pressure, and I don't know if my problem can be fixed. It is frustrating in the extreme that I am not only waiting for tech support, but havent any idea how long I might be waiting or what they might be able to do when I do hear from them. Any insight appreciated.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Seth, I am aware of the issue you are reporting. I have done what I can to throw dev attention your way.
Thanks!  I did just get a message saying that it took too long and they can't roll it back.
I really appreciate your help by the way Keith!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Seth The Frank said: Thanks!  I did just get a message saying that it took too long and they can't roll it back. That sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. I had a very similar problem last year. I've learned to be more diligent with backups and not to put my faith in rollbacks. :/
Ok, this actually got worse and weirder. After the emotional shock wore off, I noticed that it wasn't just my content that was gone.  It was ALL the token placement.  Including the token placement that was part of the pre-purchased content. The entire campaign is just blank maps. I have replied to tech support, but thought this should be documented where others could find it.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Just to rule this out, you didn't buy the map & card pack addon and add that to your game with the module did you?  If so, that overwrites all maps from the prebuilt module with plain unpopulated maps (since that addon is for people that have the physical module and don't want to have to do their own maps). If you didn't do that, are the npcs correctly placed if you create a new game with the module?
There are two DotMM products - one is just the maps and card decks and the other is the full module. The first product is a subset of the second; one does not need to buy both. Can you verify you purchased the full module and not just the map pack? I am not sure, but the map pack product might not have tokens on the maps. If you did purchase the module, you can create a new game which should restore tokens and their positions to the maps. You can use the Character Vault to move player characters or other NPCs or creatures that are not included in the module or the Compendium to the new game.
Hi Rabulias Yes, I had the full Mad Mage set, but that is a good question.  I had actually been running it for over a year.  The player's characters were in Dndbeyond. The custom content that I lost was almost entirely map based, since that was how I started learning to use the features of roll20. Thanks!
Kraynic, That may have been exactly what happened. And then it was just the slow response from tech support and that I didn't know how pro plan rollbacks worked (I thought that even at that level you needed tech support to do it) or that I should have made backup copies of the game. Thanks
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Probably all you can do now is follow the advice of Rabulius.  And you might want to get a refund on the map and card pack, since you already have that content in the module.