Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Duplicating Page should copy whole page including all layers

Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
As announced in the Pro Mapping thread, this issue is now on the development calendar.
Kenton said: As announced in the Pro Mapping thread, this issue is now on the development calendar. You mean this feature will only be available to Pro users? :( And the link doesn't work.
No, the Mapping thread is in the Pro Forum, which is why you cannot access it. And it is "Mapping" in the sense of planning Roll20's next development items. No decision on availability, but I imagine it would be more just Pro users. Pro users could just use the Transmogrifier. This would make that process easier, but seems to be a lot of votes here are not from Pro users.
Thanks, Rabulias. I hope you are right! :)
+1
I can't believe this is still an issue after all these years.
Came to post this and really shocked that Roll20 has existed this long without a basic concept like this... 
Still surprising, still annoying.
Any of the Pros, with access to the development calendar in the Pro Mapping Thread, could give us a hint on the status of this? Thanks in advance...

Edited 1595702561
There has been no further word that I have seen. I would guess that this will come after Updated Dynamic Lighting is officially out of beta testing and declared ready for "production" games.
Rabulias said: There has been no further word that I have seen. I would guess that this will come after Updated Dynamic Lighting is officially out of beta testing and declared ready for "production" games. Thank you very much for the information, Rabulias. Regards,      Joan
This would be helpful for me as a I playtest my game. I run a session and want to save a snapshot of the end game state for analysis, but I also want to copy over all the setup tokens/state to start the next session. I have no idea how to do that currently. Maybe there's a way to package up a page of the starting state, but I haven't found it.
Rabulias said: There has been no further word that I have seen. I would guess that this will come after Updated Dynamic Lighting is officially out of beta testing and declared ready for "production" games. It will be awhile then. Despite the hype, UDL is still buggy as hell and not ready for primetime. 
+1 Would think this would be a no-brainer......Definitely useful.... please consider.
+1 from me
+1 here as well :)
Pleeeeeease implement this. In my current game I need to duplicate pages but as it is, it's basically impossible. Copy-pasting the page contents throws everything around.
+1 Would want this too, sad it's not already a feature.
+1 yes this would help
+1 musthave feature
I am absolutely flabbergasted that this (over five yeas) old issue still hasn't been resolved. Do they even work on Roll20 anymore or do they just add stuff to buy and that's it? I am very disappointed. Also? You shouldn't have to be a pro member to get basic functionality.
Kenton said: The Bring Your Own Beat update  has been launched, and we are scheduling the next updates. One of those is going to be an update to the Page Menu.  At the very least, this will be included in that update   We just got the update to the page menu last week (Oct. 2020) and this was not included. I am another user who has been anticipating the ability to copy maps. This is still very much wanted! Please keep it in mind. 
I didnt know what all the fuss was about until I tried to duplicate a page last night. WTF - how is this not a thing already.  If it duplicated every but the settings it would still be much better then duplicate settings only.... I am so confused. How is it easier to duplicate an entire game then a page?
Being able to +1 this issue was a factor in me getting my Pro membership. It's just silly; I haven't even DM'd a game yet, but wondering why the 'duplicate page' thing wasn't working was one of the first things I hit while setting up a paid module (and wanting to make a backup of all the pages)... Ended up doing the (farcical) copy each layer individually thing (before I got the Pro membership).
Dude...it's ridiculous that this isn't implemented yet after 5 years. 

Edited 1605337150
Just googled on how to do it, not even for a huge reason, just wanted to have multiple forest tiles with the same basic setup. And I discover that this has been an ongoing issue for YEARS? xD Dungeons and Dragons has never been so big with Critical Role and Dimension 20, and now the pandemic made roll20 or a similar tool near indispensable. So forget your 'update lighting' (it's nice, but it's a bonus feature AT BEST) and get this done kthx bye xD
+1 for a basic editing feature
Just found this... I'm honestly shocked. I thought I did something wrong when trying to copy pages, then stumbled over this thread. And the worst thing... I need the option to copy full pages BECAUSE Dynamic Lighting is messing up my maps (bandwidth / CPU killer). I'd like to keep my Dynamic Lighting maps hoping the DL issues will be fixed soon, but also need Legacy lighting maps to be able to play my campaign... *sigh* Wow, this is really messed up.
Hey, everyone. I want to provide an update for you—a true page duplication feature is now live on our dev server! The new duplication settings will allow you to copy your map and lighting layers, your objects and token layer, your GM info layer, or any combination of those three options. You will also be able to use the old "copy settings" system if you'd like. If you're a Pro subscriber, go check it out! If not, keep an eye out for a full release. We should have more information on that soon. Thanks so much!
Woohoo!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Sage0fForest said: Hey, everyone. I want to provide an update for you—a true page duplication feature is now live on our dev server! The new duplication settings will allow you to copy your map and lighting layers, your objects and token layer, your GM info layer, or any combination of those three options. You will also be able to use the old "copy settings" system if you'd like. If you're a Pro subscriber, go check it out! If not, keep an eye out for a full release. We should have more information on that soon. Thanks so much! Great to hear SageOfForest.  Will there be a Pro thread dedicated to posting feedback? Thanks
∇ince said: Great to hear SageOfForest.  Will there be a Pro thread dedicated to posting feedback? Thanks Absolutely! It was created just a few minutes ago. You can find it here .
These are great news. Any idea on how long until this will be released, earliest possible date, or something? I'm just asking because this would solve a lot for me, but only if it comes in a week or so.
Over 6 years later. Not much to celebrate.
Kas
Translator
+1 this would be a massive time saver!
Hope it comes soon! I am just waiting to finish a campaign where I need this badly, and will not do all the heavy work without this... Please Pro users, keep us updated if you see any good progress!
so how does one copy a page in the dev server?
Pro users can access the Dev Server by clicking Games at the top of this page, clicking Development Server. You may need to log in again, and you will need to create a game there if you don't have one already.
It is sort of outrageous that this feature is taking so long.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Bernard LG said: It is sort of outrageous that this feature is taking so long. Regardless, this feature is currently on the Dev and appears to be working rather well.  I'm sure once any bugs have been exposed and addressed it will be pushed to the Main server.  Have you had a chance to test it yet?
Hello again! We appreciate your patience on this, and we want to thank everyone who tested the duplication feature on the dev server. We're happy to let you know that true page duplication is now live for all players. Go check it out! We hope that you enjoy it, and we greatly appreciate your passion for making Roll20 better. Thanks so much!