Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Suggestions for dealing with issues of non-attendance

Edited 1611599248
I'm just starting to using the Looking for Players feature that creates a Game Listing.  So far of the five people that accepted invitations, only 1 showed up. This is a problem because no-shows take up open seats that, perhaps, could have been filled by someone who was available to attend. I wonder if we should keep the number of spots open (and the listing active) until someone actually joins a session? The downside is it would make it difficult for players to reserve a spot in advance.  But at present people are reserving a spot they don't use. Maybe if you've joined at least one session prior you have a reserved spot for the next session but otherwise you have to just try and join on the day and it's first come first served?
GiGGles
Plus
Translator
Ive had the same problem and my way of fixing that is to drop them.  I have a long list of PRE GAME rules and even though ive heard complaints about if from here  I all ways have a full game of 6. 
I've been considering that as a work around.  Do your pre-game rules include something along the lines of 'join 10 min early if this is your first time --any new players who have not joined 10 min before game starts will be kicked'?
I think this suggestion might help dealing with the issue highlighted in this post:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6824668/slug%7D" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6824668/slug%7D</a> And, unlike a player rating, it would be non-punitive and there would be no motivation to game the system.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .