Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Any Interest in a Wildemount Campaign (Lvl. 2-15+)

Hi there, I'm a very experienced player of 5e, but rarely do I get the chance to DM. I've always wanted to and have made attempts in the past that ended in disaster.  I'd like to try DMing again but need a batch of patient, fun, and easy-going players that like to get really immersed into the story we are telling together around the virtual table. But, I'd like to get some input on if anyone even wants to play this kind of game. The campaign would be set in Wildemount, a group of adventurers find themselves helping a strange benefactor for promise or riches, lore, and the like. It's a pretty traditional approach to D&D.  So is this something folks would even enjoy playing? Or have Wildemount campaigns grown stale these days?
Hello there! What timezone are you, and what precisely is a Wildemount campaign?
Ray, Wildemount is the setting of Critical Role's second Campaign, The Mighty Nein. It's the subject of a fairly recent WotC hardcover, making it an "official" D&D setting. Arctic, depending on day/time/timezone, I'd be interested. I'm in the opposite boat, mostly GM who'd like to play a bit. However, I don't know the setting super well. I'm a CR fan, but I'm a late comer, and still catching up on Campaign 1. :) I'm also only available in the evenings Monday through Thursday, Pacific Time.
I would be keen to give it a try. I have read over the setting and seen some of critical role, so I have developed an interest in it. I'm totally cool with the more traditional set up of helping some strange benefactor. Like the others, it would likely depend on when you chose to have it as to whether I could fit it into my schedule, but I would say that you could likely find a group if you wanted to run it and I would like to join if the timing works out.
Yo, I'd be interested but I only have Friday/Sunday nights available to play (i'm GMT-4) Also I have absolutely zero knowledge of Wildemount, I'm cool with the premise though.
I’m a very big critical role fan and would love to join. I have 5+ years of TTRPG experience and I’m decently flexible on availability to play. 
My time zone is EST/Eastern Daylight Time or GMT-4. Which if we did play a game I'd make sure that whatever time I set up would be a good fit no matter what time zone you are in. However, my available times to play are Thursdays and Fridays (any time), Saturday between 6 pm and 10 pm, and Monday between 9 am and 4 pm. Thursday and Friday are the days I'd be the most available and flexible to schedule something consistent. Wildemount is a D&D official campaign setting set in the world of Exandria. This was created by Matthew Mercer a talented voice actor that is also a huge D&D nerd. He and his posse of fellow D&D gamers just launched episode 1 of their 3rd season last night. As can be expected I am a huge fan of Critical Role, I have seen every single episode more than once including Exandria Unlimited spin off, the one shots they ran for each other, and all the extra fluff they threw in between seasons. My DMing style is a mix between world builder/author, storyteller, and simulationist. I love building a living breathing sandbox world for players to explore and mold their own stories within it.  Preferably there would be at least one session 0 (maybe more) and maybe some one-on-one time between me and each of the players to help flesh out their character and the story they wish to tell through them. I would also better introduce the setting, the story, who I am, how I run the game, rules, and any questions the players may have.  I am a big fan of the traditional semi-high fantasy setting Exandria offers. It makes it more available for players to try out some really out of the ordinary character concepts and explore their capabilities. You aren't bogged down by a particular kind of environment, or way of life, or style of play.
Sounds pretty good, if fridays are more flexible then I'd be happy to join. I havent had the time to get into CR at all so some references to it may fly over my head.
Myself and my roommate would be interested. I have a campaign that I run that is transitioning to Wildemount, so playing in a campaign set there would certainly add to what I know from Critical Role and my reading of the book. The game time would obviously be a factor, but I am out of work at the moment, and have too much free time.
I wouldn't mind joining in. Any day but Mondays and Tuesdays work for me (I have another game on Monday that goes super late and I end up knocked out the next day.) 
I can do Monday And Saturday

Edited 1634951344
Hello am interested in joining if there is room just DM me If there is room to join  would also like to know what time and time zone the game would be played
Well if you have a Friday session, I could start around your noon! Cursed by European Times ^^
Im a UK player but Id be interested.
I would be interested if it is on Friday late afternoons/early evenings. I am US Central, so one hour behind you.
Id be interested in a Friday game 7 am est to 10 pm est as the available time
Not entirely sure if this is still open but I'm interested. I'm available Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday late afternoons and evenings. 
I'm definitely interested in a Wildemount campaign. If you wanna talk more, my discord is RemyWolfeheart#7880
So it seems there is a bit more energy toward this game than I had realized. I will post the official article and applications in the Join Game section. Look for "Wildemount Campaign - Your Adventure Begins". There will not be a set start date yet as I've still got some parts to prepare. However, expect this game to be playable in about a month's time. Times and schedules may alter by then so stay tuned.
Has this game been posted/filled yet?