Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 7

Edited 1678822138
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
...continued from the [PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 6 Looks like we finally reached the max limit for a single thread on the roll20 forums... View/test the latest changes to the sheet here: Beta Site: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/801350/kEQ72w" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/801350/kEQ72w</a> , You can import your character sheet and test the latest changes! If you are a Pro subscriber, you can use the beta code for a copy of your campaign (WARNING: this is BETA and changes often): HTML: <a href="https://gist.github.com/vince-roll20/bbd22ecf44255b615528fe5281710966" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/vince-roll20/bbd22ecf44255b615528fe5281710966</a> CSS: <a href="https://gist.github.com/vince-roll20/c5151c4bf4f0a9d7a2c298e7c35c456c" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/vince-roll20/c5151c4bf4f0a9d7a2c298e7c35c456c</a> TRANS: <a href="https://gist.github.com/vince-roll20/42b2c8188cd156dcfaa7a0fbce3d2958" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/vince-roll20/42b2c8188cd156dcfaa7a0fbce3d2958</a> Please continue Pathfinder Community Sheet discussions here.
Hi! is there any way to make the Initiative roll two d20s and choose the highest one? I've seen the feature in the 5e sheet, wondering if its possible here.

Edited 1643660553
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Cappi said: Hi! is there any way to make the Initiative roll two d20s and choose the highest one? I've seen the feature in the 5e sheet, wondering if its possible here. Nothing is built into the sheet, but you can edit 99% of the sheet's macro-text for any given roll. Use the sheet's settings&gt;sheet configuration&gt;advanced&gt;display roll templates... to expose the macro-text fields on the sheet. If you wanted "advantage" for initiative; you could simply edit the initiative macro-text and substitute "1d20" with "{1d20,1d20}kh1". ie the {{check}} portion of the macro would look like this; {{check=[[ ( {1d20,1d20}kh1 + [[ @{init} ]][init] + [[ {(0.01 * @{init}),0}kh1 ]][tie-breaker]) &amp;{tracker} ]]}} FYI: Tip: you can "reset" any macro on the sheet by simply deleting all content in the field and changing focus into another field. The sheet will re-fill the macro-text with the default macro. Good to know if/when you want to experiment with the sheet's macros. ;-)

Edited 1643660390
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
David B. said: vÍnce said: I'll look a little deeper at how difficult it would be to parse natural attacks. Hate to nag but any update? I&nbsp; don't know javascript very well but&nbsp; from reading the code the natural attacks should be listed in characterObj.melee.weapon (as normal attacks are) the function importItems takes that list however it just compares it to the lists of items, and creates the weapon object from the item list. Ideally, you would ignore the item list and create it from the weapon list (line 304 of HLImport.js)&nbsp; or another angle is while looping over the item list keep track of the weapons created, then iterate over characterObj.melee.weapon creating weapon objects for anything that was missed. Grabbing the attacks is not necessarily the issue, but parsing each attack's info from HL involves some heavy lifting...&nbsp; HL simply gives the totals/summation, or rather a string of text that must be extrapolated into it's separate attributes so that the sheet can calc everything correctly. I've started the process of adding code into the HL import to parse all attacks. I'll post back as soon as I've got a workable update.
Hi ! I would like to change the range of the spell (short, medium and long) cause I'm french and use the metric system (meter instead of foot). Could you please explain to me if this is possible to change, and how ? Thank you in advance !
Go into the settings on the character sheet and turn on "Use metrics." That should convert everything on your sheet to metric. Timira said: Hi ! I would like to change the range of the spell (short, medium and long) cause I'm french and use the metric system (meter instead of foot). Could you please explain to me if this is possible to change, and how ? Thank you in advance !
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Just one caveat; using the metric option on the sheet will not actually convert any individual attributes, only the totals.&nbsp; So it is entirely up to the player/GM to enter the appropriate metric value (distances/weights) in order for the sheet totals to calc properly. So for a new sheet, it's no biggie, just always enter metric, but on existing sheets that entered all data as empirical, you'll need to manually update individual attributes.&nbsp;
Oh great i didn't see this ! Thank you so much !
So i'm not entirely sure what's causing this but a new bug has been occurring on the sheet, DCs jump from 10 for 0th level spells, 11 for 1st and then 22 for 2nd, 33 for 3rd, repeating up.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Roseilla V. said: So i'm not entirely sure what's causing this but a new bug has been occurring on the sheet, DCs jump from 10 for 0th level spells, 11 for 1st and then 22 for 2nd, 33 for 3rd, repeating up. Thanks Roseilla. The column for Save DC doesn't seem to calc properly until a change is made to the caster's primary ability. ie changing INT score +/- when INT has been set as the caster's primary ability.&nbsp; DC should calc as soon as the primary ability is set. (at least I think that was how it was working...)&nbsp; Luckily, it looks the DC shown per spell is correct.&nbsp; The bug seems to only affect the Save DC column.&nbsp; I'll look closer and get it patched.

Edited 1644015267
Hi! I'd to know if there is any plan to support the incoming Dark Mode in roll20 in the future? Thanks again for the wonderful works!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@Adenrius No promises, but I'm sure a dark mode option will be given consideration. ;-)
vÍnce said: @Adenrius No promises, but I'm sure a dark mode option will be given consideration. ;-) That's nice to read! I have no idea how the character sheet style works internally, but if it uses resources from roll20 maybe it could work itself out?

Edited 1644105162
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Adenrius said: vÍnce said: @Adenrius No promises, but I'm sure a dark mode option will be given consideration. ;-) That's nice to read! I have no idea how the character sheet style works internally, but if it uses resources from roll20 maybe it could work itself out? Truthfully, I have no idea myself. lol I know that an additional "darkmode" themed sheet option could be made(even if the vtt doesn't have one...)&nbsp; Like most technical features, I'm sure there's a spectrum of possibilities.&nbsp; Once roll20 releases dark for the site/vtt , sheet authors will have a better idea what we have to deal with. EDIT/UPDATE: just started catching up on the forum(rl...) Looks like dark mode for the vtt has been rolled out on the Dev. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10670746/release-note-feb-4-2022-dark-mode-and-token-locking-on-dev/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10670746/release-note-feb-4-2022-dark-mode-and-token-locking-on-dev/</a> So, I'm sure something will be added the Community sheet. I'll need to do some testing of course. Cheers
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
v1.8 update submitted - Fixed the Spell SaveDC column not calculating correctly. (Thanks Roseilla V.) <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/10144" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/10144</a>
Hi, I enabled mythic abilities and on Feats tab I experienced an issue. On mythic feats sub-tab, the rows of feats are locked (as if they were locked by the lock button) and can't be opened. Same happens to my fellow players. Of course I checked the lock button. Did I do something wrong?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@Steve Just something to quickly check: make sure the sheet is not in "Compact Mode".&nbsp; Many fields on the sheet will "lock" in compact mode.&nbsp; Toggle is at the top of the sheet by logo or top right text flag (Edit Mode/Compact Mode).
Thanks for quick answer. It's always on edit mode. I never use compact.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hmmm. It appears to work for me in Edit mode..., BUT I noticed the hidden checkbox (clickable zone) is being pushed out of position for some reason(I'll need to fix that) and I had to actually click above the row number/triangle to expand.
Wow! Thank you very much! It's working... above the number. Working. And it's good.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Sorry about that Steve.&nbsp; I'll get the "hot zone" fixed asap.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Fix submitted: <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/10161" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/10161</a>
Not sure if it's been answered already, but i'm struggling to add additional damage dice to the attack roll. I tried adding it to the "Extra Dmg" section, but it seems that it doesn't actually roll the dice, it just shows the exact text I put there, i.e. it shows "+3d6" instead of rolling the 3d6. Am I missing something obvious?
Cameron said: Not sure if it's been answered already, but i'm struggling to add additional damage dice to the attack roll. I tried adding it to the "Extra Dmg" section, but it seems that it doesn't actually roll the dice, it just shows the exact text I put there, i.e. it shows "+3d6" instead of rolling the 3d6. Am I missing something obvious? Put double brackets around the dice: [[3d6]] instead of just 3d6.
Joe B. said: Cameron said: Not sure if it's been answered already, but i'm struggling to add additional damage dice to the attack roll. I tried adding it to the "Extra Dmg" section, but it seems that it doesn't actually roll the dice, it just shows the exact text I put there, i.e. it shows "+3d6" instead of rolling the 3d6. Am I missing something obvious? Put double brackets around the dice: [[3d6]] instead of just 3d6. Life Saver! TYSM :)
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Just a reminder; most fields that accept a macro include a little label (a),(b),(c),(d) next to the title.&nbsp; These labels are explained in more detail in the footer of the sheet. Expand "Macro Field Info" to read the details.
I seem to have a Random Dex Penalized on one of my player's Sheets, there is nothing to cause it on there sheet check Condition, Max Dex everything, also dont have Encumbrance on so it also can't be that.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Lachlan, where are you actually seeing the Dex penalty on the sheet?&nbsp; Maybe screenshot the Dex row.&nbsp; Have you tired a sheet recalc? Thanks
Good day. I have run into an issue with the way extra damage is calculated for iterative attacks in attack macros. I tried finding if this issue had been reported before but no luck. I've been using this sheet for many years now but never noticed this until now so this may be something new caused by a recent update. I created the following macro for an alchemist/master chymist's fast bomb attacks. Since alchemist bomb critical hits don't multiply the dice gained at higher levels, I thought the best approach was to use the extra non-crit and extra crit damage sections of the macro. Every time I use the macro, every single dice rolled will be the same for each iterative attack. Here is an example: I tried simpler macros with fewer iterative attacks and a single [[1d6]] fire extra damage and the issue remains the same: same extra damage dice at every iterative attack. Is this an actual sheet issue or I just failed to check a box somewhere? If this is not a sheet issue, how can I make sure that each iterative attack gets its own individual roll within the sheet? Maybe there's even an easier way to create alchemist bomb attacks in this sheet that I missed.
You have the macros in the wrong fields. Swap what you have in the "Type" fields with what you have in the "Extra (Non-)Crit Dmg" fields. Alex said: Good day. I have run into an issue with the way extra damage is calculated for iterative attacks in attack macros. I tried finding if this issue had been reported before but no luck. I've been using this sheet for many years now but never noticed this until now so this may be something new caused by a recent update. I created the following macro for an alchemist/master chymist's fast bomb attacks. Since alchemist bomb critical hits don't multiply the dice gained at higher levels, I thought the best approach was to use the extra non-crit and extra crit damage sections of the macro. Every time I use the macro, every single dice rolled will be the same for each iterative attack. Here is an example: I tried simpler macros with fewer iterative attacks and a single [[1d6]] fire extra damage and the issue remains the same: same extra damage dice at every iterative attack. Is this an actual sheet issue or I just failed to check a box somewhere? If this is not a sheet issue, how can I make sure that each iterative attack gets its own individual roll within the sheet? Maybe there's even an easier way to create alchemist bomb attacks in this sheet that I missed.

Edited 1646314591
Alex
Plus
Thanks Joe B., that fixed it. Somehow I thought that these fields had Type on the right and Damage Roll on the left. I was completely blind to the field name just above the box. Oh well, an easy fix and caught early enough that I don't have to change more than three NPCs. Joe B. said: You have the macros in the wrong fields. Swap what you have in the "Type" fields with what you have in the "Extra (Non-)Crit Dmg" fields. Alex said: Good day. I have run into an issue with the way extra damage is calculated for iterative attacks in attack macros. I tried finding if this issue had been reported before but no luck. I've been using this sheet for many years now but never noticed this until now so this may be something new caused by a recent update. I created the following macro for an alchemist/master chymist's fast bomb attacks. Since alchemist bomb critical hits don't multiply the dice gained at higher levels, I thought the best approach was to use the extra non-crit and extra crit damage sections of the macro. Every time I use the macro, every single dice rolled will be the same for each iterative attack. Here is an example: I tried simpler macros with fewer iterative attacks and a single [[1d6]] fire extra damage and the issue remains the same: same extra damage dice at every iterative attack. Is this an actual sheet issue or I just failed to check a box somewhere? If this is not a sheet issue, how can I make sure that each iterative attack gets its own individual roll within the sheet? Maybe there's even an easier way to create alchemist bomb attacks in this sheet that I missed.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Alex, you can blame me for the oversight.&nbsp; I swapped those fields last year or so... for sheet consistancy.&nbsp; ;-)

Edited 1646370065
Any particular reason why 1/2 the input boxes on the sheet all turned into this tonight?&nbsp; It's actually quite annoying to see through all of a sudden.&nbsp; Happens for skills and stat blocks for sure.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hmm.&nbsp; Probably something to do with the dark mode changes...&nbsp; There may be some discrepancies between what we had to work with on the Dev vs Production. I think I would have noticed that while adding dark mode changes.&nbsp; I know the devs have already made additional changes since yesterday's release as well.&nbsp; I'll work up a fix and update.
Also came across an issue with highlighting on spells cast or prepped, now no longer highlighting them on use or prep either it seems.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Pull submitted #10259 that should help with the ability and skill columns and the prepared spells highlighting(TY Fenrir).
I just wanted to give some feedback on the skill ranks background color change: I can't read the value in those boxes because they're so dark.&nbsp; My suggestion would be to make the entire background of the skills list a very light gray, and then make the skill name and totals boxes white, if you're trying to make the list more readable.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Jason, Is this in regards to the update mentioned above? Thanks
Adding items is excruciatingly painful, as it delays for at least 10 seconds or more before adding the text of the item to the character.
I'm having a multitude of issues with the Pathfinder Community Sheet: Buffs aren't applying to my rolls, even after disabling and re-enabling them, and after reloading the game page. Newly-inputted values for buffs aren't updating even after reloading the sheet and game page. I can't add new buffs to my sheet (Clicking the Add &nbsp;button does nothing). Conditions aren't applying to my rolls even after reloading the game page.&nbsp;

Edited 1647284030
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Ouch!&nbsp; I messed up and failed to include the sheetworker code with this morning updates. (which is integral to the sheet functioning...) ;-( I have submitted a fix and have made a personal request to the Dev's to merge ASAP if possible. <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/10325" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/10325</a> MY BAD.&nbsp; Very sorry.
No problem! Thanks for pushing a fix so quickly!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Too many late nights.&nbsp; Hopefully this will get resolved very soon.&nbsp;
Hey Vince, Would you happen to know how often the main character sheet github updates? I saw that your pull request was merged, but the character sheet is still not working so I am assuming it has to wait for the whole system to update? Just curious as I have a game tonight.
As far as I can tell in the sheets in my game, the user-defined fields can be filled or changed, but none of the calculated fields are updating.

Edited 1647301120
ya, that is the same issue I am having. We can enter data fine, but it wont auto update any fields. For now I have them using a side note handout for character data updates and using macros and /rolls. I guess they will update their sheets whenever it comes back online. (by they, I mean my players)

Edited 1647308709
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
The fix I submitted immediately after this mornings update has yet to be merged.&nbsp; I have tried reaching out to multiple sources, to see if a "hotfix" for the sheet could be done, but no responses so far...&nbsp; The PF sheet must have the sheetworker portion of the code in order to function. Not optimal, but for anyone running a "pro-created" game, you can change your game temporarily(until my fix is merged...) to a custom game from the Settings|Game Settings page and use the latest HTML , CSS : and Translation After the fix has been merged, just change your sheet back to the Pathfinder Community sheet from the sheet template list. I have a game scheduled a few hours from now and this the method we'll probably have to use tonight. Apologies to everyone. If you need to change to a temp game for the night PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK (you can make a copy of your game if unsure and simply change your copied game to a custom game) 1. go to the game settings page and change to custom 2. paste the raw code(text only) from above in the appropriate tabs html, css, and translation 3. save launch and play 4. you can revert back to the live pf community sheet as soon as the next update is merged.
How long do you think it will take for the fix to be added? Like, is it just gonna be a few more hours or potentially days?

Edited 1647314893
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
If the Devs decide to merge it, nearly instantly... I'm assuming that once they notice my pleas, they will do just that. If they wait until the next scheduled update, it may be a few days.&nbsp; I believe they most often update sheets on Mondays and Fridays.&nbsp; I'm fairly confident that once they know about the issue, they will merge my fix ASAP.
Oh good I'm not the only one. My specific issue is that abilities are not sorting properly. For example I added a feat, and it won't recognize my class in its box, and if I try to tab to other boxes, it won't stay in its space.&nbsp; Best of luck on the fixes!
At the moment, still not fixed.