Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 7

vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Looks like the Devs are starting to merge sheet updates. Just received an auto bot message on another sheet that was just updated.  I'll post back as soon as I get conformation on the PF sheet.

Edited 1647360982
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
False alarm.  The auto bot message i received wasn't for merges. ;-(  I'll post here as soon as I receive something back from the Devs or a message from github the fix has been merged.
Is it possible if we make enough noise it'll increase chances of the problem being noticed
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I don't think so.  I sent messages out yesterday morning to a couple Devs personally and made a help desk request.  I only got an auto-reply from the help desk acknowledging the request...  Sadly, I have a feeling this just landed "perfectly" for not getting a hotfix.  I know staff is spread all around the world, may have other obligations and commitments with and w/out roll20.  Normally they respond very quickly to such problems.  Fingers crossed that this will get fixed soon.

Edited 1647364029
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Looks like the fix has been merged and should be live after you reload your game. Thank you for the help roll20 (Nic). The PF sheet should be working once again and includes a small update to the HL importer for some errors that were happening with NPC w/class level failing to import. fyi: I have been working on adding attacks to the HL importer (weapons and natural)  Still testing, but I'll release for community testing soon. Again, very sorry for the crit fail.  Must try harder.  Cheers
thanks for responsiveness and snappy resolution.

Edited 1647365348
Can confirm Roll20 team merged the fixed sheet. Any edits you made are now calculating correctly, you may have to either hit recalc or just bump anything in the sheet (and then put it back) to get it to calculate again.
All is fixed on my part, so thank you for the speedy fix. Only 1 evening of downtime was impressive!
Thanks for the fast turn around!
Thanks!
First, I have to admit that I didn't deep dive past forums to see if this was possible. My players and I were trying to figure out if there was a way (option or macro build) to drop a bag or backpack? I see that you have "Other" tabs that could be used as bag slots, but I cant seem to find a way to toggle carried/not carried for all items in a category. If this is not possible is there a forum to make feature requests? It would be pretty awesome to be able to add tabs for bags with an option to click a toggle and drop all contents from your carrying capacity.

Edited 1647471423
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Adam, This is the forum to make requests and I'll add your suggestion to the list.  As-is, the sheet's equipment isn't really setup for "containers" and it's not a feature that is easily attained by sheet authors.  Nesting repeating sections would be perfect for this, but alas, that requested feature has never materialized on roll20... ( 6yr+ suggestion made here ) The tabs and sorting options that are available on the sheet are a complex system of hide/show CSS styling magic. IMO, not sure if drop all by category would be very beneficial because there is bound to be some item(s) in the category you really would not drop. ie All "Weapons", except for ...?  All "Magic", except for..., etc.  Some trick of giving the illusion of Containers would be very nice though. Curious if anyone has seen this on any other sheets on roll20? Temp workaround; create an item named "Drop the Pack" with a negative weight equal to your total gear in said backpack. Toggle it to Carried when you want to drop that much weight.  Not the most elegant solution, but it's one option. Cheers
The drop backpack workaround you suggest is something we thought about as well, just more complicated to maintain. I was thinking a button that could toggle all items in a tab to carried or not carried. This would just allow to use the tab as a "container" and quick drop its contents by switching the items to not carried. Maybe even just by adding a switchable category like carried that is group toggleable. I was thinking I would be able to make a macro for this, but as it's set up I dont think it's possible. Thanks for the feedback at least. I'll see what I can do with whats there now.
Any chance we can get a notes section or individual notes fields for ability score checks for inclusion in rolls? they are available already for skills, saves, attacks, and defensive checks. 

Edited 1647737781
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Dreamweaver, I will add this to sheet suggestions.  I don't see a reason this shouldn't be added... As a workaround, you can add {{description=add text here}} to the end of the macro in the ability row's macro field (fyi:macro fields can be toggled on the sheet from settings.  Settings>sheet configuration>advanced>display roll templates)
Adam N. said: The drop backpack workaround you suggest is something we thought about as well, just more complicated to maintain. I was thinking a button that could toggle all items in a tab to carried or not carried. This would just allow to use the tab as a "container" and quick drop its contents by switching the items to not carried. Maybe even just by adding a switchable category like carried that is group toggleable. I was thinking I would be able to make a macro for this, but as it's set up I dont think it's possible. Thanks for the feedback at least. I'll see what I can do with whats there now. In my sheets I usually do the exact opposite, i.e. make a single entry for the bag itself, then list everything inside it in the Description field and add up the value manually for the bag's weight/value fields, so I can toggle the bag itself as "not carried" and it cuts it from my carried weight without need for workarounds like that As for a suggestion on how to implement containers: what about, rather than having nested repeating sections, just having a "this item is in container number [#]" field, and then have a "containers" area where you can label each number with a toggle for it that automatically makes all entries marked as that number to be carried / not carried, or something? Or even, though it would definitely be more complex, have "container" be one of the equip type options, and each item marked as such gets added to the locations options for other items (or if that list can't be flexible, have a "container" option for it that brings up an additional field for it or something), and then link whether the sheet counts its weight or not to whether the container itself is carried or not?

Edited 1650939381
Currently trying to update armor/shield equipment. However it is not let me change to shield. Is there any fix to this or work around? Or is it already being looked at? Also to note this is the Pathfinder Community Sheet I am using.

Edited 1650942377
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Michael P. said: Currently trying to update armor/shield equipment. However it is not let me change to shield. Is there any fix to this or work around? Or is it already being looked at? Also to note this is the Pathfinder Community Sheet I am using. Hi Michael, can you explain a little on what exactly you are trying to do?  The sheet is setup up so that you add items to Equipment and then you can set as armor or shield using the Set Armor | Set Shield button from the Armor Attributes sub-section.  Once you use the buttons, they will be added to the Defense tab(you can toggle equip/un-equip from the Armor and Shield section of the Defenses tab). If your armor/shield change, you use the equipment entry and set as armor/shield as needed. Weapons work the similarly using the Weapon Attributes subsection.
I have been having an issue in two games with these sheets recently, clicking any field freezes the entire sheet for a time. Also, using the NPC section "Monster Statblock Import" fill out requires me to refresh roll20 every time as hitting Parse completely locks the sheet down. Refreshing allows me to click parse again, which seems to cancel its last attempt, then a third time just after finishes it quickly. I have experienced this on my desktop PC with both Chrome and firefox as well as Chrome on a macbook. I have cleared the cache, I have no add-ons enabled such as ad-block. This does not happen on other sheets i have tested on, being the Roll20 Pathfinder sheet and the base 5e sheets. any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Jack, I play weekly using the community sheet and haven't noticed any changes in performance... Nothing has really changed on the sheet for quite a while other than a small amount of dark mode help.  Roll20 recently(in the last month or so) updated the way the vtt loads attribute data which was supposed to make sheets a little snappier after initially opening a sheet, but I haven't noticed much difference with that either.  I just checked the monster import with chrome(101.0.4951.41 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)) and ff(100.0b9 (64-bit)) on windows and it parsed as normal.  So I'm not sure what could be causing your issues.  I know that FF's "forms and auto-fill" option has caused slow downs for some people.  Maybe try disabling that if enabled.  I know you mentioned loading without extensions/add-ons, but the Lastpass password manager was one that would cause problems as well.  The community sheet probably has more attributes than the official by roll20 PF sheet and the 5e combined which means it's less "maneuverable" by nature.  You shouldn't be experiencing lock-ups and/or crashes though.  You might send a request to the help desk
Hi Vince, Just wanted to alert you to a possible problem I was experiencing with the sheet where if I tried to set the sheet to whisper all rolls to gm, it doesn't do so for initiative. Unsure if this is meant to be the case but I figured i'd ask.

Edited 1652633463
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Roseilla V. said: Hi Vince, Just wanted to alert you to a possible problem I was experiencing with the sheet where if I tried to set the sheet to whisper all rolls to gm, it doesn't do so for initiative. Unsure if this is meant to be the case but I figured i'd ask. Thanks for bug testing Roseilla. ;-) Looks like the Init roll works for NPC but alas, the PC side of the sheet is lacking the whisper option in the roll.  I'll make an update. (temp workaround: edit the Full Macro:init-macro-text field by adding "@{PC-whisper}" to the beginning of the macro)

Edited 1652651560
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Pathfinder Community Sheet v1.82 (pull request #10560 submitted) Fixed PC Initiative whisper option(Roseilla). Added an Ability Notes option. Found below the Ability Scores. Toggle including Ability Notes for Ability checks. Existing sheets must clear/reset the ability macro-text field manually (caution:this wipes the existing macro-text which will remove any macro customization) or simply add "@{ability_notes_toggle}" to the end of the macro-text to enable this option. New sheets will include the option automatically. No action required. Changed the Global Damage Type fields to textarea so that multi-line descriptions are possible. Damage Types should now align with their Damage in the roll template.
I have three questions regarding the pathfinder sheet The Buffs section at the top of the page, is there a buff for ALL ABILITY SCORES, lets say I want to create a buff that helps me make monsters a little stronger and add +4 to all of the ability scores and perhaps to their natural armor.  The problem is, there doesnt seem to be a way to do this.  Is there a chance this is something that could be added. The roll macro sections, lets say I want to use my own output such as an API, when I put the code in like !scriptcards it doesn't seem to output properly.  Is there something I am doing wrong?  Or is this something that I cant do. Is there a way to disable the scrollbar on the rolltemplate output and have the full text of the DESCRIPTION area displayed in chat, barring that, is there a way to alter the font size of the description to put more without it scrolling? Thanks in advance for the help with these questions!

Edited 1655268964
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Toby, 1. Create a buff that includes a buff for each ability.  You would need to create 2nd buff for natural armor.  You can either toggle the two buff's manually or using an api command (ie ChatSetAttr). using chatsetattr to toggle a buff example; !setattr --sel --repeating_buff2_ka2abgz9u85y56brghu_enable_toggle|[[1-@{selected|repeating_buff2_ka2abgz9u85y56brghu_enable_toggle}] You could just make the adjustments directly, unless you need to toggle on/off. 2. I believe that API commands need to exist outside of a roll template?  My guess is that the roll template prevents the API command from being detected by the api script.  You would probably have to make a macro that calls the sheet's button/roll and then on another line include your API command. 3. There's an option in the sheet settings to "scroll long descriptions" Cheers
Cool!  Thanks for the help. 1. Thats a neat trick with !chatsetattr, and I think I'll definitely use it, but its not exactly the issue I was having. 2.  I wasn't using the API roll within a template, I was deleting the macro text inside of one of the repeating_abilities so when I press the ability roll button that it should run that instead, right?  I'm not as familiar with how this character sheet works.  I am kinda thinking it might have to do with some of the internal prefixing that goes on that is not included in the macro text field.  I suppose I could take the code for the sheet and copy it to a custom game, and add a new roll button in each of the repeating sections, but that would be a lot of extra work.  I am hoping to find an alternate solution 3. Took me an hour to find the option, then when I did I want to slap myself cause.... how did i miss it for that long?

Edited 1655356696
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Toby, 1. I may have misunderstood... The Buff section already allows for up to 6 "buffs" per single toggle, so that should cover abilities. I only mentioned creating an API-based macro if you needed to mix/match toggling multiple buffs. 2.  Try wiping the macro-text and then adding a newline before adding your api command. Also, might depend on the script, but it looks like chatsetattr(maybe others) has a method for commands to be inserted within a roll template macro. Inline commands It is possible to use some ChatSetAttr commands in the middle of a roll template, with some limitations. To do so, write the ChatSetAttr command between the properties of a roll template, and end it "!!!". If one of the attribute values is a whole roll template property, the first inline roll within that property will be used instead. It is easiest to illustrate how this works in an example: &{template:default} {{name=Cthulhu}} !modattr --silent --charid @{target|character\_id} --sanity|-{{Sanity damage=[[2d10+2]]}} --corruption|{{Corruption=Corruption increases by [[1]]}}!!! {{description=Text}} 3. The sheet has LOTS of options
Adding a space in the macro text, it works but it looks absolute absolutely awful in chat. It sends a blank line with the name of the person sending it.  Not really what I wanted, but its an option.  Thank you.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Toby said: Adding a space in the macro text, it works but it looks absolute absolutely awful in chat. It sends a blank line with the name of the person sending it.  Not really what I wanted, but its an option.  Thank you. Many of the sheet's buttons include a whisper attribute and the macro-text as their value, which is why you are seeing the extras even if you delete the roll template text in the macro-text field.  If you set pc/npc to whisper, those rolls will only be seen by the gm and controlling player...
vÍnce said: Many of the sheet's buttons include a whisper attribute and the macro-text as their value, which is why you are seeing the extras even if you delete the roll template text in the macro-text field.  If you set pc/npc to whisper, those rolls will only be seen by the gm and controlling player... Is there a way to overcome this?  Cause it does make it hard to use api, without it looking awkward and clumsy.

Edited 1655667124
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Toby said: Is there a way to overcome this?  Cause it does make it hard to use api, without it looking awkward and clumsy. Not sure... Chatsetattr includes handling of "inline" api commands, but I doubt there are very many other scripts with this feature.  It would be a nice QoL improvement if roll20 handled all inline API commands similarly, but alas. The sheet rolls were designed to work with the sheet's roll templates and AFAIR, the whisper attributes were added to the button roll directly to help differentiate pc vs npc rolls since 99% of the sheet shares attributes between the two.  If you don't care for the chat announcement(I believe this is the default roll20 behavior for sheet rolls) and/or the extra blank line for adding an  API command in the rolls macro-text field, I think you'll need to create a custom macro that executes the sheet roll as well as the api command.
I'm using the Pathfinder first edition community character sheet. For some reason under equipment the box for description is no longer showing up. How do I make that box available again?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
DrSuperfly said: I'm using the Pathfinder first edition community character sheet. For some reason under equipment the box for description is no longer showing up. How do I make that box available again? Make sure sheet isn't in compact mode.  There is a button near the logo as well as a text label in upper right corner of the sheet that can switch between edit(the default, show everything) vs compact (hide many sections)
Hey folks, I am having trouble with a Buff I want to add. I would like to add the Investigators Studied Strike as a Buff so I can toggle it when I use it to add the extra 2d6 damage to the roll. In my head I think this should be simple but maybe it isn't? What would I place in the Buff Calc(a) box to get that variable damage to be rolled/added into the damage when Studied Strike is used?

Edited 1658893409
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Peivalke, I wouldn't add Studied Strike as a buff (you could...) since there's a section dedicated to attack/damage modifiers.  Use the "global" Extra Damage and Attack Modifiers section to add a query. [[?{Studied Strike|no,0|yes,1}*2d6]] You'll get a prompt for each attack. Cheers
Thank you very much! I'll put that in and maybe investigate that modifier section more for future use!
Please pardon this if it's already covered.  I'm returning to the Pathfinder Community sheet after a long absence.  I tried to create a character and then import an xml2json conversion into the Import from HeroLab section of the character sheet settings page. On pasting the json file contents and clicking outside the box I receive the following error: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'substr') Is there a way to find out and correct whatever is causing the error? Many thanks in advance
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Raymond, Have you tried using the plugin? <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Community_Sheet#HeroLab_Character_import" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Community_Sheet#HeroLab_Character_import</a> The conversion method has had "issues" for a while.
That does seem to have corrected the problem.&nbsp; I receive a message that the file ended unexpectedly, but haven't noticed anything missing as yet.
Sorry to trouble you, but can you add extra die to damage as a Buff? I am trying to apply the magic weapon special ability "Bane" and the 2d6 it adds to the damage, but adding [[2d6]] to a damage field gives back an error.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Klaus, best to add this to the attack. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Community_Sheet#Bane" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Community_Sheet#Bane</a>
I know it's probably a long list, but I'd love to see the individual skills as options for the custom buffs.
Might be a long shot but, would it be possible to have the option to change the amount of artistry/craft/lore/perform/profession subskills shown be split between them? Or maybe even have them use similar code to the class levels and domains fields, where you can click the arrow to show/hide them one at a time? As is if a character has like, 4-5 separate performances (perfectly plausible for a bard) but no more than a couple artistries/crafts/lores/professions (or some other similar combination) they end up with a LOT of empty rows for each of them, which takes up quite a considerable amount of unused space
Having an issue where recalc is causing damage set up under attack with more than 1 die to drop it to 1 die, such as 4d6 becoming 1d6. A few of them are even changing the type of die, such as 4d8 becoming 1d6. Just curious if there might be a known issue causing it?
I'd like to make an addition to the attack macro to automatically deduct a tokens hp using the Tokenmod script, but I can't figure out how to pull the final damage value from the sheets macro. Anyone made anything like this?
Pathfinder Sheet Build Question: I want to build a Spiritualist character + Phantom from the Pathfinder Occult Adventures. I can't find how to get access to that source material. Can anyone help me?
vÍnce said: Hi Adam, This is the forum to make requests and I'll add your suggestion to the list.&nbsp; As-is, the sheet's equipment isn't really setup for "containers" and it's not a feature that is easily attained by sheet authors.&nbsp; Nesting repeating sections would be perfect for this, but alas, that requested feature has never materialized on roll20... ( 6yr+ suggestion made here ) The tabs and sorting options that are available on the sheet are a complex system of hide/show CSS styling magic. IMO, not sure if drop all by category would be very beneficial because there is bound to be some item(s) in the category you really would not drop. ie All "Weapons", except for ...?&nbsp; All "Magic", except for..., etc.&nbsp; Some trick of giving the illusion of Containers would be very nice though. Curious if anyone has seen this on any other sheets on roll20? Temp workaround; create an item named "Drop the Pack" with a negative weight equal to your total gear in said backpack. Toggle it to Carried when you want to drop that much weight.&nbsp; Not the most elegant solution, but it's one option. Cheers Hi, I've been doing this in our Pathfinder game and recently I've been getting a warning that the weight must be &gt; 0, which is super annoying! Is there some way to suppress this warning ? Thanks.
Hi, I just switched a roll20 game I was working on from the PF1 sheet by Roll20 to the Community Sheet, and wow the Community Sheet looks awesome! However, I feel a bit slow... must be missing something obvious: I simply can't figure out how to EDIT the stats other than "Attributes and Abilities" to the right of "Character Sheet" at the top. Where should I be clicking to enter a Strength other than 10, for example? FYI, I can type in the Damage and Drain boxes, but not the Total or Mod boxes, and I have no idea what tab/source Total is pulling the value of 10 from. Help! :-)