Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[GURPS] - Sheet #1 - Thread 2

Edited 1643858661
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
This is a continuation of the previous thread, [GURPS] - Sheet #1 - Thread 1, as that thread was getting much to long and new people had to scroll through some very old posts. Mike W
Nice to see that this thread is being maintained.
I couldn't find an option to import characters from GCS, only some thread from 5 years ago with a broken dropbox link. Is there any?
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Solexe said: I couldn't find an option to import characters from GCS, only some thread from 5 years ago with a broken dropbox link. Is there any? We do not have a GCS importer as of yet. This is something we are planning on. 5 Years ago, before myself and the MadCoder started to work on the sheet, the original author was working on a GCS importer. Sadly he just dropped out of site and abandoned the sheet. Mike W
Thx! I hope you'll post it on reddit and everywhere to inform! This would be huge!
When you use a modifier to lower an attribute, skills don't automatically get lowered as well. Same if you change the number of points spent in the attribute. You have to add/remove a modifier/points to the skill in the skills tab before it will update. Quick fix suggestion: Could there be a button added to the skills tab to refresh all of them at once, by forcing them all to recalculate?
I am having an issue importing a GCA character (vampire mage) into Roll20 using the steps as on the character sheet, using the XML to JSON conversion. This worked fine weeks ago importing a Ghoul Necromancer I made in GCA, so now I am trying to import this Vampire... I could share the GCA file, the XML, the JSON, just let me know what would help and how to share it.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Jared said: When you use a modifier to lower an attribute, skills don't automatically get lowered as well. Same if you change the number of points spent in the attribute. You have to add/remove a modifier/points to the skill in the skills tab before it will update. Quick fix suggestion: Could there be a button added to the skills tab to refresh all of them at once, by forcing them all to recalculate? Hi Jared,  I'm not able to replicate this issue. Which attribute did you try to lower and which skill didn't get lowered? Was it a skill, technique, spell, melee weapon, or ranged weapon? Thanks, Ken
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Lloyd J. said: I am having an issue importing a GCA character (vampire mage) into Roll20 using the steps as on the character sheet, using the XML to JSON conversion. This worked fine weeks ago importing a Ghoul Necromancer I made in GCA, so now I am trying to import this Vampire... I could share the GCA file, the XML, the JSON, just let me know what would help and how to share it. Hi Lloyd,  Can you place the exported XML file in this thread? You can also send a message to my Roll20 account.  Thanks, Ken
MadCoder said: Jared said: When you use a modifier to lower an attribute, skills don't automatically get lowered as well. Same if you change the number of points spent in the attribute. You have to add/remove a modifier/points to the skill in the skills tab before it will update. Quick fix suggestion: Could there be a button added to the skills tab to refresh all of them at once, by forcing them all to recalculate? Hi Jared,  I'm not able to replicate this issue. Which attribute did you try to lower and which skill didn't get lowered? Was it a skill, technique, spell, melee weapon, or ranged weapon? Thanks, Ken I lowered DX, and no skills got lowered. I then also lowered IQ and HT, and also saw no changes. DX was at 13, so Bicycling (DX/Easy), with 1 point, was at 13. After lowering DX to 10, Bicycling remained at 13. I then added a +1 to Bicycling and it changed to 11. In the attached image, I have not done anything to Boating since modifying DX.
Hello, not sure if this is the sort of thing that belongs here, but I'm using the sheet for a rather large character. Base Strength does respect the proper scaling for size modifier, but lifting strength and striking strength do not, although, based on my reading of the basic set rules, they should.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Jared said: MadCoder said: Jared said: When you use a modifier to lower an attribute, skills don't automatically get lowered as well. Same if you change the number of points spent in the attribute. You have to add/remove a modifier/points to the skill in the skills tab before it will update. Quick fix suggestion: Could there be a button added to the skills tab to refresh all of them at once, by forcing them all to recalculate? Hi Jared,  I'm not able to replicate this issue. Which attribute did you try to lower and which skill didn't get lowered? Was it a skill, technique, spell, melee weapon, or ranged weapon? Thanks, Ken I lowered DX, and no skills got lowered. I then also lowered IQ and HT, and also saw no changes. DX was at 13, so Bicycling (DX/Easy), with 1 point, was at 13. After lowering DX to 10, Bicycling remained at 13. I then added a +1 to Bicycling and it changed to 11. In the attached image, I have not done anything to Boating since modifying DX. Thanks Jared, I tried several character sheets and can't replicate the issue. There could be something wrong with the data on your sheet. Can you try this, press F12 (function 12) that should open the developer tools for the browser and select the "Console" tab. TIP It might be easier to open the developer tools in a new window, it might be to the right of the website as a panel. Lower DX or IQ and see if you get any error messages.  Ken
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Niccy said: Hello, not sure if this is the sort of thing that belongs here, but I'm using the sheet for a rather large character. Base Strength does respect the proper scaling for size modifier, but lifting strength and striking strength do not, although, based on my reading of the basic set rules, they should. Hi Niccy, good catch. I'll try to apply the Size Modifier to Striking and Lifting Strength also. Ken
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Jared said: When you use a modifier to lower an attribute, skills don't automatically get lowered as well. Same if you change the number of points spent in the attribute. You have to add/remove a modifier/points to the skill in the skills tab before it will update. Quick fix suggestion: Could there be a button added to the skills tab to refresh all of them at once, by forcing them all to recalculate? I too have tried this and everything is working fine. I did have a similar issue some weeks ago where the skill levels did not match their relative values with their associated attribute but the fix was to temporarily raise and then lower that attribute using a MOD value. That seemed to resync the issue for me. FYI: The MadCoder and I have discussed a reset/resync button capability and he is working on something. Mike W
Hi there. Thanks for keeping the sheet active and GURPS relevant! I would like to make a simple feature request. While I understand adding the option to calc weight in kg may be a little too daunting due to several changed formulas (encumberance, etc), I think there is a way to make the sheet wholly usable by the entire world. Add a little checkbox to understand inputed weights are in Kg rather than pounds. The sheet will then convert those values to lbs (simply multiply by 2.2) when calculating the max weight in inventory and biography. That way you don't have to change any formulas, but allow a UI option for people outside the US to use the sheet without making math in the heads everytime they touch the inventory. The underlying sheet functions will still be entirely in lbs. I request this due the fact that this is the only feature that is stopping me to wholly transition the game to roll20. The way things are, I still need a separate excell sheet to keep track of players inventory for quick total weight calcs.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Léo L. said: Hi there. Thanks for keeping the sheet active and GURPS relevant! I would like to make a simple feature request. While I understand adding the option to calc weight in kg may be a little too daunting due to several changed formulas (encumberance, etc), I think there is a way to make the sheet wholly usable by the entire world. Add a little checkbox to understand inputed weights are in Kg rather than pounds. The sheet will then convert those values to lbs (simply multiply by 2.2) when calculating the max weight in inventory and biography. That way you don't have to change any formulas, but allow a UI option for people outside the US to use the sheet without making math in the heads everytime they touch the inventory. The underlying sheet functions will still be entirely in lbs. I request this due the fact that this is the only feature that is stopping me to wholly transition the game to roll20. The way things are, I still need a separate excell sheet to keep track of players inventory for quick total weight calcs. Léo L.  Wow great minds think a like. We actually have this in our plans, among two dozen or so other great ideas and improvements. I will bring this up again with the MadCoder and see how it is coming along. I really appreciate you making this and any other suggestions, it is great to see others using or wanting to use the sheet with such enthusiasm. We will keep you posted. Mike W
Hello GURPS4 Sheet Masters Thanks for adding the A spell difficulty.  My party has been using this character sheet a lot (Wizards with hundreds of spells!) and the latest thing is Bless, the (+1,+2,+3) beneficial modifier to ALL spell rolls), p. M129 . (Also built standard into GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 8:Guilds, p.8 as available to guild members and contractors...) A) To this end: please add a "Modifier:___" header to the GENERAL and TRAITS tabs like the other tabs to permit modifiers such as Bless (or Curse) to affect rolls there (e.g., attribute rolls and FOA for allies/phobias respectively) B) Ideally, a Bless (or Curse) should also modify damage rolls favorably (or for worse) as well, but I realise that is more difficult to ask for. I will just put this idea out there as it is in the core Magic book and the spell is ony 3 deep in prequsite chain... Many Thanks!

Edited 1645316449
Hello GURPS4 sheet devs! I have been helping my players set up sheets and something that would really help would be 1) some way to add multiple lines everywhere there is an Add button (say a button that says +10 and adds 10 lines to the bottom prefilled with _ or a space*), and 2) in the MODIFY lines mode, some way to either move multiple lines, or even just "move to Top" and "move to bottom". See mockup screens below for a suggestion for nonlingual buttons (please feel free to use): https://im gur.com/a/JhJMB1R     * In my dream world the UI "button" would read "+10 ____" with a field where you could enter whatever you wanted to prefill. This could also be useful when adding lots of traits that contain the same prefix, like "MAGIC: " or "(-40% Granted by Familiar)" Thanks!
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
To  GM Aurelien Almost all the items the GENERAL tab have a MOD option. What is missing is a place to enter 'Reason for MOD (Modifier)', like skills and spells have. As for your others ideas, they may take some time;    I am not sure we can add the +10 as you suggested since the buttons there are hard coded by Roll20 and we may not be able to add any new ones there - BUT we will look into it.    The same for for Move to Top or Move to Bottom - BUT we are working on some capability to do sorting like Alphabetically, or some sort on an index number. We are looking into it.    For modifying Damage rolls, that may be much more difficult. Myself and the MadeCoder will look into all of this and report back. Thank you so very much for your ideas, they are greatly appreciated.
Hi Mike W Thanks for your lightning reply! I do see the stat-specific MOD fields in the GENERAL tab but the nature of BLESS/CURSE is such that in battle the blanket modifier will change so an overall additive bonus would help my party greatly*.  (You did not mention the TRAITS tab but I will assume it is the easiest case of all my suggestions). For the +10 :  My feeling is after each press of +Add there is checking script that parses the entire page (which is taking 2-3 seconds on larger sheets). Perhaps some sort of iterative loop that can add those lines before the check? I confess not to have dev access to Roll20 so I am not sure how it is implemented. * Again in an ideal world for this one master field somewhere which modifies all rolls, but one number per tab to be consistent would sufice.** **You mention rules from core canon as guidelines: BLESS/CURSE Does not affect roll results of critical success/failure.(p.M129). e.g., if your skill is 15, a +1 Bless will not make a roll of 6 a critical success and a 17 remains a critical fail (pp.B347-8)... So an overarching field for BLESS/CURSE which does affects die rolls thusly would be ideal. Many Thanks!
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Hello  GM Aurelien We are looking into all of this and I will be discussing this in detail with the MadeCoder at our private weekly meeting tomorrow evening. We will see what we can do here. Mike W
mrianmerry
Pro
Sheet Author
For the +10 :  My feeling is after each press of +Add there is checking script that parses the entire page (which is taking 2-3 seconds on larger sheets). Perhaps some sort of iterative loop that can add those lines before the check? I confess not to have dev access to Roll20 so I am not sure how it is implemented. For some info here, Aurelien; The way that repeating fields work in Roll20 sheets is very custom for Roll20. Sheet developers can style them and control their appearance rather easily, but adding something like an Add 10  items is going to require a custom script which is going to be very inconsistent - it would need to add empty datasets into the store for the repeating objects, but Roll20 automatically cleans out empty fields, which makes this a bit of a pain. (An obvious solution here is to add them and then give them some default data, but that could be more effort than it's worth.) Same kinda thing for the "Move to Top" and "Move to Bottom" idea - it would be really cool, but sorting repeating fields is not a very straightforward option provided by Roll20, let alone giving the data set a custom sort order. Again it is technically possible, but it might be something considered too inconsistent in its behaviour to be worth publishing. Obviously, MadCoder and Mike have their own quality standards and I wouldn't ever try to speak for them.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Ian said: For the +10 :  My feeling is after each press of +Add there is checking script that parses the entire page (which is taking 2-3 seconds on larger sheets). Perhaps some sort of iterative loop that can add those lines before the check? I confess not to have dev access to Roll20 so I am not sure how it is implemented. For some info here, Aurelien; The way that repeating fields work in Roll20 sheets is very custom for Roll20. Sheet developers can style them and control their appearance rather easily, but adding something like an Add 10  items is going to require a custom script which is going to be very inconsistent - it would need to add empty datasets into the store for the repeating objects, but Roll20 automatically cleans out empty fields, which makes this a bit of a pain. (An obvious solution here is to add them and then give them some default data, but that could be more effort than it's worth.) Same kinda thing for the "Move to Top" and "Move to Bottom" idea - it would be really cool, but sorting repeating fields is not a very straightforward option provided by Roll20, let alone giving the data set a custom sort order. Again it is technically possible, but it might be something considered too inconsistent in its behaviour to be worth publishing. Obviously, MadCoder and Mike have their own quality standards and I wouldn't ever try to speak for them. Thanks Ian for your input here. A Sort option is something we have seen on some of the most complicated sheets in Roll20 but we are looking into this. Ass far as the +10 Add is concerned, you are right about the way Roll20 works and this is something we are checking with some of the best sheet coders - so that may or may not be something we can do at this time. In the mean time,  I do suggest that you post as Suggestion in the Roll20 Suggestion section of the forum since it would be integrated into Roll20. Mike W

Edited 1646072506
Thanks for your patience with me, Ian, Mike W! Building on my General tab request, I must mention the extant General tab "MOD" boxes modify the attributes directly (and thus calculated attributes such as BL/Speed) but the other Tabs' "Modifier:_" boxes modify /rolls/ using the die icons... It looks like I can't intereact in the general Suggestions forum until I earn a vote somehow (earned later in the year?). Oh well. Thanks for your time.

Edited 1646348271
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
For HM Aurelien Sorry I did not respond sooner, has bene a long week. 1. To this end: please add a "Modifier:___" header to the GENERAL and TRAITS tabs like the other tabs to permit modifiers such as Bless (or Curse ) to affect rolls there (e.g., attribute rolls and FOA for allies/phobias respectively) - This is possible and can be set as a Global MOD however this MOD will also affect Critical Success and Critical  Fail calculations, unlike  the Bless and Curse spells which states it does not. Unfortunately  the way the sheet was designed, by an author  over 5 years ago who left Roll20 4 years ago, it is near impossible the make the MOD only effect the actual die roll and not effect Critical Success and Critical Fail. That will be the best we can do on that. 2.  Ideally, a Bless (or Curse) should also modify damage rolls favorably (or for worse) as well, but I realize  that is more difficult to ask for. I will just put this idea out there as it is in the core Magic book and the spell is only 3 deep in perquisite  chain..  -  As a separate modifier that affects damage only, HOWEVER with the RAI (Rules as Intended) for Bless and Curse, the die roll affected are associated with Success and Failure only. Therefore, it would not affect damage. This appears to be a GM rule that you are using, so keeping  with our goals for this sheet  that is as per the Rules as Written, we will not  implement that. You can modify the damage on the sheet yourself and just remember to set it back when the spells are ended. 3.  Some way to add multiple lines everywhere there is an Add button (say a button that says +10 and adds 10 lines to the bottom prefilled with _ or a space* - It appears we can do this option. The "Add +10" would  not be on the same line as the "Add" and "Modify" but on the line below it. So this is on our To Do list. 4.  I n the MODIFY lines mode, some way to either move multiple lines, or even just "move to Top" and "move to bottom”.  - There is already a plan in the work to be able to sort Repeating sections like  Skills and Inventory, to include Sort Alphabetically A - Z and Z - A, and possibly some other options. So that is about  it. Sorry we are unable  to do all you requested but we do appreciate your suggestions .

Edited 1646343083
Ahoy MikeW! Many Thanks for your kind words. My team is having a lot of fun with the sheets; we appreciate all the work! Old Business: 1., 2. Thanks for looking into it. (I think you are right in the intention for BLESS on skill/attribute checks only). I will not bother you with these aspects (critical and damage) more and withdraw my request for a global damage modifier. Is the concept of a single test (die icon) "Modifier:__" box consistent with the other tabs off the table? 3.,4. I am over the moon that your team has been able to map a path to these features! My party's martial artists have pages of skills and techniques and wizards have hundreds of spells. NEW: Just last night my Roll20 added a new option "night mode" so it brings me to ask if it is on your roadmap to add a "Sheet Style" that matches it along the lines of "White on black", "grey on black", etc... Best wishes!  - "Speak only when you can improve on silence" - Proverb
Hey, just passing by to congratulate the sheet devs for the excellent update. The sheet now having the option for KG has made my life a whole lot easier!
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Léo L. said: Hey, just passing by to congratulate the sheet devs for the excellent update. The sheet now having the option for KG has made my life a whole lot easier! Glad to hear it.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
GM Aurelien said: Ahoy MikeW! Many Thanks for your kind words. My team is having a lot of fun with the sheets; we appreciate all the work! NEW: Just last night my Roll20 added a new option "night mode" so it brings me to ask if it is on your roadmap to add a "Sheet Style" that matches it along the lines of "White on black", "grey on black", etc... Best wishes!  - "Speak only when you can improve on silence" - Proverb Hi  GM Aurelien ,  Yes, we'll need to do something to address the dark mode. I didn't work on the options for the different color styles, but I don't think those will play nicely with the dark mode. I'm familiar with the Classic White style and I have to learn what changes when the dark mode is selected and figure out what colors to use. Ken
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Regarding Dark Mode. It has been reported in the Roll20 Discord community, that the way that Roll20 implemented Dark Mode will override anything done on a character sheet. Many people have reported this and many sheet authors have verified this as well. So until Roll20 fixes the way it is implemented, there appears that there is nothing we can do for now. As we learn ore we will try and work forward with this. Mike W
Hello everyone! First, thank you for your work in the GURPS CS for Roll20, it rocks! I have a question: is there any way to import a character from GCA5? I saw some xml exporters, but they export in the UTF-8 format (not the ISO one).
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Hal said: Hello everyone! First, thank you for your work in the GURPS CS for Roll20, it rocks! I have a question: is there any way to import a character from GCA5? I saw some xml exporters, but they export in the UTF-8 format (not the ISO one). Hi Hal, Yes, I'll be getting back to the import features in the next couple of weeks, including GCS. Ken
Hi, I'm rather new using the sheets and I was wondering if there's a way of printing the Advantages or other roll-less cards in the chat (so I can show people what the characters do or the descriptions of custom advantages). I can't seem to find the option to do this if there's any. Apologies if this is not the right place to ask. Great sheet by the way!

Edited 1648168295
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Well you coudl check the bof for "Show notes nelow in roll templa Then give it a FOA value, if an adavtange or a SCN if a disadvantage.Then when you run the macro, the details will show in chat. I am afraid thatis the best we can do for now. I hope thathelps. Mike W 
That's perfectly fine. We can just ignore the rolls in the meantime. Thank you!
There is one other small thing I wanted to ask about. It's probably either a known issue or something that is happening to me specifically. Whenever I change a basic attribute, the change doesn't seem to reflect on the skills until I change something on them (like changing the amount of points spent, the modifier, etc). Is there a way to force it to refresh all the linked rolls at once without us having to go one by one to manually refresh them? Thank you!
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
zLamp said: There is one other small thing I wanted to ask about. It's probably either a known issue or something that is happening to me specifically. Whenever I change a basic attribute, the change doesn't seem to reflect on the skills until I change something on them (like changing the amount of points spent, the modifier, etc). Is there a way to force it to refresh all the linked rolls at once without us having to go one by one to manually refresh them? Thank you! Hi zLamp, Can you tell me which basic attribute you changed and was it on the Repeating Skills table? I tested several character sheets and couldn't replicate the issue.  Thanks, Ken
MadCoder said: zLamp said: There is one other small thing I wanted to ask about. It's probably either a known issue or something that is happening to me specifically. Whenever I change a basic attribute, the change doesn't seem to reflect on the skills until I change something on them (like changing the amount of points spent, the modifier, etc). Is there a way to force it to refresh all the linked rolls at once without us having to go one by one to manually refresh them? Thank you! Hi zLamp, Can you tell me which basic attribute you changed and was it on the Repeating Skills table? I tested several character sheets and couldn't replicate the issue.  Thanks, Ken Sure. Here's a gif with the reproduction: In case the gif doesn't work: 1) Check Skills. Longswords is 16, with 20 points invested in it. 2) Check General: DX is 11, with 20 points invested in it. (This is correct for Attribute +5) 3) Change DX to 12. Go back to Skills tab. Longswords is still 16. 4) Change something from the skill (like add a 0 to the modifier), press enter. The Skill now refreshes and changes to 17. This gets a little annoying to manage when there are effects in place that raise or lower attributes, but since you guys haven't noticed this before it might a thing that is happening just to me. Thanks
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
zLamp said: MadCoder said: zLamp said: There is one other small thing I wanted to ask about. It's probably either a known issue or something that is happening to me specifically. Whenever I change a basic attribute, the change doesn't seem to reflect on the skills until I change something on them (like changing the amount of points spent, the modifier, etc). Is there a way to force it to refresh all the linked rolls at once without us having to go one by one to manually refresh them? Thank you! Hi zLamp, Can you tell me which basic attribute you changed and was it on the Repeating Skills table? I tested several character sheets and couldn't replicate the issue.  Thanks, Ken Sure. Here's a gif with the reproduction: In case the gif doesn't work: 1) Check Skills. Longswords is 16, with 20 points invested in it. 2) Check General: DX is 11, with 20 points invested in it. (This is correct for Attribute +5) 3) Change DX to 12. Go back to Skills tab. Longswords is still 16. 4) Change something from the skill (like add a 0 to the modifier), press enter. The Skill now refreshes and changes to 17. This gets a little annoying to manage when there are effects in place that raise or lower attributes, but since you guys haven't noticed this before it might a thing that is happening just to me. Thanks Thanks, one more question, what browser are you using? I don't why that is happening to your sheet. Also, try this test. Right click on the character sheet and click inspect, it will most likely show the developer tools to the right of the browser page, but you can have it move to a separate window. Click the Console tab. Now, change your DX attribute, the console might show an error. Copy that error. The console should look something like this.
MadCoder said: zLamp said: MadCoder said: zLamp said: There is one other small thing I wanted to ask about. It's probably either a known issue or something that is happening to me specifically. Whenever I change a basic attribute, the change doesn't seem to reflect on the skills until I change something on them (like changing the amount of points spent, the modifier, etc). Is there a way to force it to refresh all the linked rolls at once without us having to go one by one to manually refresh them? Thank you! Hi zLamp, Can you tell me which basic attribute you changed and was it on the Repeating Skills table? I tested several character sheets and couldn't replicate the issue.  Thanks, Ken Sure. Here's a gif with the reproduction: In case the gif doesn't work: 1) Check Skills. Longswords is 16, with 20 points invested in it. 2) Check General: DX is 11, with 20 points invested in it. (This is correct for Attribute +5) 3) Change DX to 12. Go back to Skills tab. Longswords is still 16. 4) Change something from the skill (like add a 0 to the modifier), press enter. The Skill now refreshes and changes to 17. This gets a little annoying to manage when there are effects in place that raise or lower attributes, but since you guys haven't noticed this before it might a thing that is happening just to me. Thanks Thanks, one more question, what browser are you using? I don't why that is happening to your sheet. Also, try this test. Right click on the character sheet and click inspect, it will most likely show the developer tools to the right of the browser page, but you can have it move to a separate window. Click the Console tab. Now, change your DX attribute, the console might show an error. Copy that error. The console should look something like this. Hi, For that reproduction, I used Firefox 98. Tested also in Google Chrome 99 with similar results. Here's the console log fragment from the point I make the query (Firefox): Update: I've been making some tests and I managed to reproduce the bug reliably. I noticed none of the IQ skills/Spells were doing this, so the reason this is happening seems to be that DX is not setting itself as the linked attribute correctly when you first create a skill. If you create a skill, it shows up as a DX skill at 10, no matter how much DX you have. If you move the modifier or the assigned points it will update correctly to the current DX value but it doesn't update when you change DX itself. To return to expected functionality you have to move the linked attribute to something else, and then back to DX. Gif with the reproduction next to a skill that was already fixed: I hope this is helpful Thank you!
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
zLamp said: MadCoder said: zLamp said: MadCoder said: zLamp said: There is one other small thing I wanted to ask about. It's probably either a known issue or something that is happening to me specifically. Whenever I change a basic attribute, the change doesn't seem to reflect on the skills until I change something on them (like changing the amount of points spent, the modifier, etc). Is there a way to force it to refresh all the linked rolls at once without us having to go one by one to manually refresh them? Thank you! Hi zLamp, Can you tell me which basic attribute you changed and was it on the Repeating Skills table? I tested several character sheets and couldn't replicate the issue.  Thanks, Ken Sure. Here's a gif with the reproduction: In case the gif doesn't work: 1) Check Skills. Longswords is 16, with 20 points invested in it. 2) Check General: DX is 11, with 20 points invested in it. (This is correct for Attribute +5) 3) Change DX to 12. Go back to Skills tab. Longswords is still 16. 4) Change something from the skill (like add a 0 to the modifier), press enter. The Skill now refreshes and changes to 17. This gets a little annoying to manage when there are effects in place that raise or lower attributes, but since you guys haven't noticed this before it might a thing that is happening just to me. Thanks Thanks, one more question, what browser are you using? I don't why that is happening to your sheet. Also, try this test. Right click on the character sheet and click inspect, it will most likely show the developer tools to the right of the browser page, but you can have it move to a separate window. Click the Console tab. Now, change your DX attribute, the console might show an error. Copy that error. The console should look something like this. Hi, For that reproduction, I used Firefox 98. Tested also in Google Chrome 99 with similar results. Here's the console log fragment from the point I make the query (Firefox): Update: I've been making some tests and I managed to reproduce the bug reliably. I noticed none of the IQ skills/Spells were doing this, so the reason this is happening seems to be that DX is not setting itself as the linked attribute correctly when you first create a skill. If you create a skill, it shows up as a DX skill at 10, no matter how much DX you have. If you move the modifier or the assigned points it will update correctly to the current DX value but it doesn't update when you change DX itself. To return to expected functionality you have to move the linked attribute to something else, and then back to DX. Gif with the reproduction next to a skill that was already fixed: I hope this is helpful Thank you! Thanks zLamp!
I have been away awhile and noticed alot of changes to the offered sheet.  Does it have a specific name so I pick the correct one for my game ? Thanks in advance.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Elbuort said: I have been away awhile and noticed alot of changes to the offered sheet.  Does it have a specific name so I pick the correct one for my game ? Thanks in advance. Just the one named GURPS
Hello! It's quite commom in my games that me and my players to confuse Impaling and Piercing damage when it comes to Unliving and Homogeneous targets. Could you add a note in in Wound Modifier Notes that shows modififiers for these targets?  Thank you!

Edited 1653608780
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
kawaishi said: Hello! It's quite commom in my games that me and my players to confuse Impaling and Piercing damage when it comes to Unliving and Homogeneous targets. Could you add a note in in Wound Modifier Notes that shows modififiers for these targets?  Thank you! Great idea. I will get with The MadeCode ron this and see what we can do. Mike Update: 05/26/2022 . This will be done, with some slight modifications to the Wound Modifiers, within a couple of updates.
Hello how are you? My players like to write down the sessions to remember later, one of them mentioned that in D&D there is a note with a year, would it be possible to add something like that? maybe open a new tab for notes just like the image? Thank you!
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Manreza said: Hello how are you? My players like to write down the sessions to remember later, one of them mentioned that in D&D there is a note with a year, would it be possible to add something like that? Thanks you so very much for your suggestion. We are actually have a plan to add a Campaign Log, similar to the one in GCA4 and GCA5. Right now, as busy as both are in RL, we are focusing on soem fixes that are needed on the sheet. However, we are goign to do this so please be patient with us. Thanks again, Mike 

Edited 1663782533
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
I must appologize that we have not made any updates to the Character Sheet as of late. Due to RL commiments, and other factors, it has been a slow process. I am happy to report that TheMadeCoder is workign on a number of updates including an expert/imort capability to import GCA5 characters into Roll20. In the mean time, I have created some suplemental Macros for those of you using weapons such as guns. If you are interested, then DM me about it. Mike
I'm a player in a new GURPS Campaign and the GM made me a character for me to import my GCA4 character, but every time I make an update (I'm trying different options and change my mind), I have to ask him to make me a new character because I can't update an existing character by importing on top of it. It would be nice to have a "Reset" or "Overwrite" option for on the Import Tab.