Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
If you're having issues creating a character, clear your cookies and log in again. If you continue having issues, contact us.
Create a free account

Marvel Multiverse Role-Playing Game by Roll20

This is the official sheet thread for the brand new Marvel Multiverse Role-Playing Game character sheet and character builder built by the in-house Roll20 team. As mentioned many times over the last year or so, the team has been hard at work building an entirely new Character Sheet ecosystem, and this is the first major release we have made that utilizes this new functionality. While this is obviously very exciting, a project of this scale will doubtless have bugs and issues, and there will be many revisions in the near future. We will do our best to be as responsive as possible! Sheet Summary Most Recent Updates We released the sheet and character builder! What’s Next? Minor bug fixes and visual improvements to the sheet and character builder Better handling of special cases in the character builder Better token support Sheet functionality documentation How to Report a Bug The absolute best way to report a bug is to submit a support ticket via our Help Desk. This will allow you to receive updates as they become available and follow up with our support team. However, this thread will hopefully serve as a good location to discuss the sheet, get support on its features, and ask questions!
I seem to be having issues with the character sheet and character vault. The sheets are not accepting any compendium components, and the builder for characters only seems to have the Quickstart Guide options. I've purchased the Marvel Multiverse RPG: Core Rulebook Bundle which specifically states Digital Core Rulebook Complete digital ruleset, designed by Matt Forbeck, available on Roll20 and the Roll20 Companion App Drag components from the Core Rulebook directly onto your character sheet, populating instantly with necessary information Build your Marvel characters in minutes with the Roll20 Character Builder Over 100 official Marvel heroes and villains to drag and drop into any of your Marvel RPG games, with ready-to-play character sheets, one-click rolls and abilities, and associated artwork Yet I cannot drag/drop components, the builder is missing Core Rulebook options, and only heroes/villains from Quickstart Guide have 'ready-to-play' character sheets. Is anyone else having issues? Have I done something wrong to prevent the sheet and builder from working correctly?
Not just you.  Is yours also missing all the powers, traits, and origin information to make magic users? The "surprising" trait is even missing so I can't add a single magic power if I wanted to.  The book has everything, but for the life of me I can take anything magic through the character builder.
Yeah, I'm also missing everything not in the Quickstart guide.  I was trying to make a Mutant and no luck, nor most other things.
I'm seeing stuff on the game's official Discord about lots of things being missing and it's on Roll20s end to fix. So I guess we wait to play. 
Hey folks, Sorry to hear that you're not getting the experience you expected -- Unfortunately, while I was responsible for the development and release of the sheet, I'm not quite sure what marketplace products were expected to have been released today, and which things are still yet to be released. I have escalated this internally to our Marketplace team, however it is now quite late in the mainland US and there may be a small delay in responding. However, if you think that you are missing access to content, I would highly advise you to reach out to our support team via the help desk and be sure to include information about your Roll20 account. That way, they can cross check your pre-order and make sure that you've got access to all the products you ought to have. Very sorry for the inconvenience!
Also I cannot access the art pack
Yup having the same issues , cannot drag and drop anything from the compendium to a sheet and alot of characters and options are missing from the builder , such as there only being 5 ranged weapon powers . Hope everything is able to get fixed it seems like it will be pretty great if it does .
Hey'all - thanks for your reports and patience. All the characters, powers, traits, tags are now showing up in the Character Vault if you own the CRB. I just confirmed on my own test accounts and see it working. If that specific piece isn't working for you now, please let us know. Going thru the other reports this morning. Thank you!
Jason said: Also I cannot access the art pack Hi Jason - it should be showing up in the Art Library tab, under Marketplace Purchases >> Marvel Multiverse RPG: Art Pack. Here's a screenshot of it showing up for me on a test account where I recently purchased the CRB bundle. Let me know if you're not seeing it there, and we can investigate further. 
1690989111

Edited 1690990577
Weird. Character Builder hung in when finishing "Background" and then when starting again, many of the options had disappeared. Will restart game and  check again. Yep, hangs on finishing "Backstory", but seems to be dependent on the game. On new game, can make a character through the mancer. On one made from the Skrull module, cannot finish making a character.
Is there anyone way to change the Rank of a character while editing a character sheet? Clicking on it when hovering over the number just asks to be fully taken back to the character builder.
When using the character builder, I'm not seeing an option for "Telekinesis". When checking the rules, there doesn't appear to be a restriction. I tried a whole bunch of origins.
| now get a "Request Pending" when trying to use the Character Builder and sometimes it will load Origins, sometimes Power Sets (Although missing powers). Anyone else getting anything similar?
Thanks all - the team is actively investigating each report, and making progress. We'll be updating here as they come. Thank you so much!
All of the magic powersets and even the "surprising" trait to manually select those powers are still missing. 
Charactermancer is showing all the CRPG origins and Traits now that I can see but Occupations are still at the QuickStart occupations as are Powers.
Hello everyone! If you are having issues with missing data, can you please try logging out of Roll20 and logging back in to see if that fixes the problem. Snowball said: Is there anyone way to change the Rank of a character while editing a character sheet? Clicking on it when hovering over the number just asks to be fully taken back to the character builder. We are working on getting this updated!
Patrice said: Hello everyone! If you are having issues with missing data, can you please try logging out of Roll20 and logging back in to see if that fixes the problem. I logged out and logged back in, still missing the same things in Charactermancer.
It seems like the charactermancer is having issues with trying to acquire data, it keeps grabbing from the Quickstart and the Core rulebook when I open a sheet it seems 50/50 if all the origins and occupations show up, but I'm not getting any more powersets or powers other than the quickstart ones. How the sheet is set up as well, when you pick a prebuilt character some of their traits and talents will be blank, and the powers they have will only be the ones currently on the mancer.
Jeremy T. said: Patrice said: Hello everyone! If you are having issues with missing data, can you please try logging out of Roll20 and logging back in to see if that fixes the problem. I logged out and logged back in, still missing the same things in Charactermancer. Hi, I'm seeing this all working on all my live test accounts. If it's still not working for you, can you confirm two quick things for me? 1. Can you ensure you're able to access / see Occupations on the web compendium? Clicking on some of the links on this page and making sure they open for you on your account?&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/compendium/marvel616/Rules:Occupations?expansion=23349#content" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/compendium/marvel616/Rules:Occupations?expansion=23349#content</a> 2. Provide a screenshot of what you're seeing in character builder?&nbsp; I'm providing a screenshot of mine as of 2 minutes ago in Vault Builder, but also seeing in VTT builder, it should look something like this.&nbsp;
It is working on my end now, the only thing that's acting weird is when you select one of the origins that gives you Traits, Tags, and powers none of them are coming up once the sheet is finalized.
I have players with non pro accounts and the sheets are still missing most of the information
GM Account said: I have players with non pro accounts and the sheets are still missing most of the information Can you give more information on this?&nbsp; The sheets are missing most information as in the Character Builder / compendium options? Or when they drag and drop characters from the compendium to the VTT?
The character builder part, it's missing origin and occupations and some of the powers are not showing&nbsp; Dean said: GM Account said: I have players with non pro accounts and the sheets are still missing most of the information Can you give more information on this?&nbsp; The sheets are missing most information as in the Character Builder / compendium options? Or when they drag and drop characters from the compendium to the VTT?
GM Account said: The character builder part, it's missing origin and occupations and some of the powers are not showing&nbsp; Dean said: GM Account said: I have players with non pro accounts and the sheets are still missing most of the information Can you give more information on this?&nbsp; The sheets are missing most information as in the Character Builder / compendium options? Or when they drag and drop characters from the compendium to the VTT? Got it, I think there's an issue with some compendium sharing components. To confirm, as the owner and GM you can see it all, but your players who are sharing your compendium in that game can't, correct?
that is correct Dean said: GM Account said: The character builder part, it's missing origin and occupations and some of the powers are not showing&nbsp; Dean said: GM Account said: I have players with non pro accounts and the sheets are still missing most of the information Can you give more information on this?&nbsp; The sheets are missing most information as in the Character Builder / compendium options? Or when they drag and drop characters from the compendium to the VTT? Got it, I think there's an issue with some compendium sharing components. To confirm, as the owner and GM you can see it all, but your players who are sharing your compendium in that game can't, correct?
man i hope these issues get sorted soon
really want to see this game succeed and a disastrous roll20 launch is not ideal
I am curious how a lot of the mechanics of the sheet work. How do you apply edge, or what does the target button on the powers section of the sheet do.
All the issues I noticed are resolved.
Also extra Origin and Extra Occupation is not working in the character sheet builder
The Mighty &amp; Sturdy basic powers make references to changes of character attributes; however, I'm not seeing those reflected on the sheet when the powers are acquired. I'll also echo the extra origin and extra occupation not working GM Account beat me to it, but I noticed that when testing characters. To echo Envyus, the rolls seem to show different spots to apply edge and trouble; however, there does not appear to be a way to actually implement this. If there is a way, this is not communicated in the design.
The game requires the ability to roll with Edge or Trouble; this is a core feature of the system. There isn't a way to actually do this now.
Starr Saphyre said: The game requires the ability to roll with Edge or Trouble; this is a core feature of the system. There isn't a way to actually do this now. For now, that is a manual additional roll, but we have plans to incorporate that automatically into the sheet - more critical and quality of life enhancements are in the works.
GM Account said: Also extra Origin and Extra Occupation is not working in the character sheet builder Im experiencing the same with my gm and our game.
Hey all - we're aware of issues that may be affecting people's access to the rules compendium. Teams have been investigating the issue, and we believe we understand where the issue is coming from. However, our expected ETA on a fix is now tomorrow (Thursday) morning. I deeply apologize to those experiencing this inconvenience. We will update you as soon as we have a fix deployed, and greatly appreciate each of you taking the time to report the issue, and for your patience.
Glad stuff is being worked on. It's probably best to give a few days before starting any actual games.&nbsp;
Envyus said: I am curious how a lot of the mechanics of the sheet work. How do you apply edge, or what does the target button on the powers section of the sheet do. The target button is a toggle to keep track of powers you are currently concentrating on!&nbsp; And as Dean mentioned, edge &amp; trouble are manual for the moment. One other update: You can now edit Rank directly on the sheet.&nbsp; If you want to open up the Builder from you sheet you can find that in the main settings.
Dr DM said: All the issues I noticed are resolved. And now I have brand new issues. All the content that some people couldn't see yesterday that I could see is now missing for me.
It has been 24 hours and any Free Accounts can not use the Compendium fully, they only see half the power-sets, only 5 Origins. Also, as a side note there is no way to onvert extra Power Points &amp; Thematic Bonus on the character builder into Ability Points.&nbsp;
Dr DM said: Dr DM said: All the issues I noticed are resolved. And now I have brand new issues. All the content that some people couldn't see yesterday that I could see is now missing for me. Yeah this is common, when Roll20 went down before that we had different information being seen by different people. This reallyneeds to be fixed within the week for my Table I am running for, we all been so excited for a new super hero system.
Hi Everyone, We have pushed a fix for the lingering issues from last night with compendium content not showing.&nbsp; You may need to logout &amp; log back in for your games to update.&nbsp; Apologies again for the bumpy start.
Patrice said: Hi Everyone, We have pushed a fix for the lingering issues from last night with compendium content not showing.&nbsp; You may need to logout &amp; log back in for your games to update.&nbsp; Apologies again for the bumpy start. For non pro members it's not fixed
This is all my Free Account players can see when they go to Power-sets and click "View all Power-Sets". I do hope this information is useful
GM Account said: This is all my Free Account players can see when they go to Power-sets and click "View all Power-Sets". I do hope this information is useful Aye, Compendium Sharing fix is currently in the works! Thanks for your patience!
Compendium Sharing is fixed for newly created games. It's not yet fixed for previously created games but will be in a bit. Will update when current games are fixed.&nbsp;
Dean said: Compendium Sharing is fixed for newly created games. It's not yet fixed for previously created games but will be in a bit. Will update when current games are fixed.&nbsp; Character Builder is still missing most of the information
There's only a select few characters I can make tokens for after clicking ready to play&nbsp;
Hello, the system is having issues with showing content&nbsp; for the premade heroes/villains ad my DM does not have access to everything such as the power set "Spider powers" and most of the premade heroes and villains
So I just finished reading through the core rulebook and I created a new game so I could figure out how to build characters and do rolls and stuff so that when my table gets around to playing this game I will be able to help everyone build their characters and stuff. I am the one who owns the CRB and the game and I don't have access to most things in the character builder. Everything is in the toolbar on the right hand side so I mean if I really have to I guess I can copy and paste everything I want my characters to be able to do from that into the sheet directly but that is a lot less convenient and it's really frustrating that I'm being offered these tools that don't work. I've read through this thread and the roll20 team seems to think that it is a problem with content sharing but that shouldn't be a problem for me because I am not currently sharing the content with anyone and I still don't have access to everything in the character builder. I've also seen some people refer to the limited options as "quick start options" but I don't see an option for quick start vs regular character builder I only have options for the character builder, pre made sheets (Which are also limited to only a handful of characters as opposed to the 128 or so profiles that came in the book btw), or edit the sheet directly. I've tried logging out and logging back in and I've even tried making an entirely new game and I am still having the same problems&nbsp;