Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Marvel Multiverse Role-Playing Game by Roll20

I am also having the same problem as everyone else is with the character creation.  I have purchased, "Revenge of the Super-Skrull," the only way I can get it to add the NPCs for the adventure is by creating the game with it but I do not have access to any on the basic game.  Also is their away to pop out the character creation?  I like having a few NPC's pulled up and not having to reopen them every time.  
Hey again all - we're close to having a fix. Due to the ongoing DDOS attacks against the Roll20 website and services , we've had to develop some quick workarounds that allow us to serve the content properly around our activated safeguards.  We're expecting to launch those workarounds tonight, and believe that should resolve the remaining access issues. If not, we'll be here to fix anything else that comes up. Thanks for your patience as we address the compounded issue.
Hey all - the workarounds have been launched so you should be seeing everything you're supposed to see, as well as compendium sharing working in the games in which you're sharing them. Please keep updating us if you are having issues. Before reporting, please trying logging out and back in just to double ensure your account is refreshing.
So, new issue. Created a character manually. Drag and drop via compendium. It seems like every time I open the sheet, there are random blank entries added to Traits and Tags. Tested multiple times. SOMETHING is working incorrectly there.
Annnnnd now sheets aren't opening at all. Come on, Roll20. This is a really bad, really unprofessional look for a major rollout. We deserve better.
Starr Saphyre said: So, new issue. Created a character manually. Drag and drop via compendium. It seems like every time I open the sheet, there are random blank entries added to Traits and Tags. Tested multiple times. SOMETHING is working incorrectly there. Hi Starr, thanks for your reports. We'll investigate. Can you DM me a link to your game? Also please be sure to disable any Roll20 related extensions if you have them to make sure that's not a culprit, as that can cause conflicts as well, especially on new launches.

Edited 1691161465
Dean
Roll20 Team
Starr Saphyre said: Annnnnd now sheets aren't opening at all. Come on, Roll20. This is a really bad, really unprofessional look for a major rollout. We deserve better. OK, I've confirmed that your game is not allowing character sheets to open. When I copy your game, they open just fine. If you copy your game, do your sheets open again? Additionally, did you change any settings by chance? Just trying to hone in on what might have triggered this. Thank you for any info and we're looking into it. Update: Did you by chance perform any of these steps in the game? We're honing in on recreating the issue: Check  Show nameplate?  option For player permissions Check  See  option for all permissions Select  Visible to Everyone  for  Text Overlay  on bar permission
Bryce the Magnificent said: I am also having the same problem as everyone else is with the character creation.  I have purchased, "Revenge of the Super-Skrull," the only way I can get it to add the NPCs for the adventure is by creating the game with it but I do not have access to any on the basic game.  Also is their away to pop out the character creation?  I like having a few NPC's pulled up and not having to reopen them every time.   Is your issue resolved currently with the last rounds of code pushes? As for popping out functionality missing at the moment, that's a known issue and we'll be following up on that. Just in case you didn't know this tip, if you double click on any character sheet or handout, it minimizes it and you can double click on it again to bring it back up, if that helps you work around that for now!

Edited 1691161870
Dean said: Starr Saphyre said: Annnnnd now sheets aren't opening at all. Come on, Roll20. This is a really bad, really unprofessional look for a major rollout. We deserve better. OK, I've confirmed that your game is not allowing character sheets to open. When I copy your game, they open just fine. If you copy your game, do your sheets open again? Additionally, did you change any settings by chance? Just trying to hone in on what might have triggered this. Thank you for any info and we're looking into it. Update: Did you by chance perform any of these steps in the game? We're honing in on recreating the issue: Check  Show nameplate?  option For player permissions Check  See  option for all permissions Select  Visible to Everyone  for  Text Overlay  on bar permission I definitely changed "Show Nameplate", I always use that. I changed a lot of settings there though, including switching movement to Euclidean, and I allowed players to see the first token bar (HP). So it could have been either of those? Also, I disabled the Integrated Voice and Video and set Chat Tech to None. Also, confirming that copying the game, I can now open the character sheets, AND I'm not getting the weird "blank entries" in Tags and Traits.
Starr Saphyre said: I definitely changed "Show Nameplate", I always use that. I changed a lot of settings there though, including switching movement to Euclidean, and I allowed players to see the first token bar (HP). So it could have been either of those? Also, I disabled the Integrated Voice and Video and set Chat Tech to None. Also, confirming that copying the game, I can now open the character sheets, AND I'm not getting the weird "blank entries" in Tags and Traits. I was able to fully recreate it. Checking Show Nameplate in game settings breaks it. A developer is working on this now. Please avoid this setting in the meantime. Thanks for your report and helping us get to the bottom of the cause!
Cicero said: It is working on my end now, the only thing that's acting weird is when you select one of the origins that gives you Traits, Tags, and powers none of them are coming up once the sheet is finalized. Hi Cicero, a fix has gone in for this and will be merged this afternoon. The data was there, but there was an issue with presenting it. If for any reason you're still not seeing this on your previously generated characters, please try remaking them. If you have issues viewing anything from there, please let us know right away! Thank you for your patience!
Dean said: Starr Saphyre said: I definitely changed "Show Nameplate", I always use that. I changed a lot of settings there though, including switching movement to Euclidean, and I allowed players to see the first token bar (HP). So it could have been either of those? Also, I disabled the Integrated Voice and Video and set Chat Tech to None. Also, confirming that copying the game, I can now open the character sheets, AND I'm not getting the weird "blank entries" in Tags and Traits. I was able to fully recreate it. Checking Show Nameplate in game settings breaks it. A developer is working on this now. Please avoid this setting in the meantime. Thanks for your report and helping us get to the bottom of the cause! Dean, any ETA on this fix? I'm nervous to touch that game till I hear it's corrected.
Starr Saphyre said: Dean said: Starr Saphyre said: I definitely changed "Show Nameplate", I always use that. I changed a lot of settings there though, including switching movement to Euclidean, and I allowed players to see the first token bar (HP). So it could have been either of those? Also, I disabled the Integrated Voice and Video and set Chat Tech to None. Also, confirming that copying the game, I can now open the character sheets, AND I'm not getting the weird "blank entries" in Tags and Traits. I was able to fully recreate it. Checking Show Nameplate in game settings breaks it. A developer is working on this now. Please avoid this setting in the meantime. Thanks for your report and helping us get to the bottom of the cause! Dean, any ETA on this fix? I'm nervous to touch that game till I hear it's corrected. Hey Starr, changing your token settings no longer breaks your game, and any games that were broken should now be fixed!
I have a pair of feature requests for the character builder: The first one being, please allow a character to be re-opened in the builder after it is finished. Making a character can take some time and often you will want to save it part way through and resume it later. Having to completely restart the process is really difficult to work with. The second, is to please allow sorting or powers, traits, tags, etc. At least make them sorted alphabetically be default.

Edited 1691198865
Damage die rolls are adding the non-combat modifiers to the attack roll total. 
Jason said: Damage die rolls are adding the non-combat modifiers to the attack roll total.  Can you provide an example or a screenshot? Is this on every character in your game? I tested this on a game, where the non-combat modifier was different from the combat modifier, and it's showing as using the combat modifier for me currently. I'd love to help reproduce or understand this issue better! 

Edited 1691235581
Apologies if this has already been covered but: 1) How do you roll Edge and Trouble using the character sheet? 2) What does this button do/represent?
Dean said: Jason said: Damage die rolls are adding the non-combat modifiers to the attack roll total.  Can you provide an example or a screenshot? Is this on every character in your game? I tested this on a game, where the non-combat modifier was different from the combat modifier, and it's showing as using the combat modifier for me currently. I'd love to help reproduce or understand this issue better!  The Roll says 16 total.   3+4+5= 12 it's adding the non-combat modifier of 4 instead of the melee modifier 3 to the attack total. The correct score should be 15.   
Is there any chance that in the coming updates that we will get the ability to Rank Up through the Builder? It is such a great tool for finding what needs what for power requirements. 

Edited 1691261478
How do you save a Marvel character built using the Charactermancer in the Character Vault? There doesn't seem to be any save button?  Having the same issue in a game. There is not a save button and the arrows at the bottom of the page that were there yesterday, seem to have gone missing. I have repeatedly built characters now that are not being saved? The name and the entry on the list of characters on the right is there but the character sheet is empty when I close it and reopen it. The Exit button only give the choice of return to the sheet or exit and discard changes. Saving a character build should not be this hard/complicated.
How do you tell what category your powers belong to on the character sheet once your character is created? and also what is the little icon next  to the chat bubble beside each power?
Hi All. I am working on different ways to tell Marvel MVRPG stories and adventures.I have been using a comic book style approach to the Roleplaying portions of the game. I set up comic book panels and leave empty boxes for the players to insert dialogue ( non verbal) using the Text option for the table. I encourage players to do this as a way to express emotions, observations or any narrative flair they want to add I also add graphics and images from comic books to add a visual flair. Here are some examples. I think this game deserves a more creative approach to how we run the game versus just moving  tokens on a map although I do intend to use maps with squares for combat and tactical sections of the game.
Should the character creator already be adding +30 Focus when you pick Battle Ready as a trait? Not working for me And if it is not implemented, then how do we modify the Max Focus on the sheet? I cant find it
Jason said: The Roll says 16 total.   3+4+5= 12 it's adding the non-combat modifier of 4 instead of the melee modifier 3 to the attack total. The correct score should be 15.    Thanks Jason, great catch and definitely our bad - the team made a bug ticket this weekend this and is working on it now. 
Jason O. said: The first one being, please allow a character to be re-opened in the builder after it is finished.  This feature was cut for launch, but is on the roadmap of sheet feature updates!
Carl Matthews said: How do you save a Marvel character built using the Charactermancer in the Character Vault? There doesn't seem to be any save button?  Having the same issue in a game. There is not a save button and the arrows at the bottom of the page that were there yesterday, seem to have gone missing. I have repeatedly built characters now that are not being saved? The name and the entry on the list of characters on the right is there but the character sheet is empty when I close it and reopen it. The Exit button only give the choice of return to the sheet or exit and discard changes. Saving a character build should not be this hard/complicated. Hey Carl, sorry to hear of the bug you're experiencing. Can you help us here and provide a screenshot, plus browser and screen size, so we can recreate and make a bug fix for your screen size or game? 

Edited 1691425532
Dean
Roll20 Team
Dwayne Morash said: How do you tell what category your powers belong to on the character sheet once your character is created? and also what is the little icon next  to the chat bubble beside each power? Hi Dwayne, on the Powers tab, if you click the Filter by Power Set dropdown, you will see the active power sets you've selected from, and can filter based on that. Let me know if that solves for you!  Also, that icon in question is to indicate what powers you're concentrating on. It's simply for your personal tracking. If you search for the compendium page: Powers: Breaking Concentration , you'll see the rules about concentrating on 1 power at a time per Rank. Anger is a good power as an example of one that requires Concentration.
Rodrigo O. said: Should the character creator already be adding +30 Focus when you pick Battle Ready as a trait? Not working for me And if it is not implemented, then how do we modify the Max Focus on the sheet? I cant find it Hi Rodrigo, it doesn't do this automatically yet, and manually changing max focus and max health is coming very soon. Thank you for your patience on this.
I know Carl asked this question earlier but it looks like it might have gotten loss with all of the other questions. What does this button do?
Nick O.
Forum Champion
Hi Bryce! It's to indicate if a character is concentrating on a particular power. Happy gaming! Bryce the Magnificent said: I know Carl asked this question earlier but it looks like it might have gotten loss with all of the other questions. What does this button do?

Edited 1691516279
# Dean said: Carl Matthews said: How do you save a Marvel character built using the Charactermancer in the Character Vault? There doesn't seem to be any save button?  Having the same issue in a game. There is not a save button and the arrows at the bottom of the page that were there yesterday, seem to have gone missing. I have repeatedly built characters now that are not being saved? The name and the entry on the list of characters on the right is there but the character sheet is empty when I close it and reopen it. The Exit button only give the choice of return to the sheet or exit and discard changes. Saving a character build should not be this hard/complicated. Hey Carl, sorry to hear of the bug you're experiencing. Can you help us here and provide a screenshot, plus browser and screen size, so we can recreate and make a bug fix for your screen size or game?  Good afternoon, I am on a 14" laptop, running Firefox. First let me say that the save button has now appeared on the in-game cog, so that is great. :-) The icons to move between pages in-game disappear if you make the window larger. The next two pictures are before and after stretching the window. And when stretching the window The arrow icon has disappeared on the bottom right  And the stretch was only half a centimetre extra or so. You can tell how much the stretch is by looking at my chat profile picture in the bottom left. On the character vault builder, there is no settings cog, which is where the save button is on the in-game version, so I cannot see how to save the character that I have built. :-( I would expect the save button to be an option on the left but there is nothing there. :-( I hope all that helps. :-) Kind regards, Carl

Edited 1691544502
Unfortunately, I think there's an editing error when it comes to the Ranged Combat Power Set's descriptions and the Basic Power Set. Orchestra of Overkill and Dance of Death both share the near-exact description, but Orchestra of Overkill is a more costly ability with no seeming benefit. After a check on Reddit, it appears that this description may be incorrect by comparison to the Demiplane and physical edition. Orchestra of Overkill is supposed to deal FULL damage on a success, whilst a Fantastic success is intended to do double. I've also noticed the Shape-Shift power is not located inside of the Basic Power Set, or any Power Set at all in the Roll20 version. Hope this is helpful for fixes.
I am sorry to ask another question.   If I put a character in someone's Journal then they can see the characters full character sheet.  Is this a bug or is there away that I can show only the profile?
In the picture below, I clicked the cog wheel to make edits to my ability stats. You can see under Ability Scores there is a column with a set of brackets and a number input with the word Base below the input. I realize these scores are going in order from top to bottom Melee, Agility, Resilience, Vigilance, Ego, and Logic but the name of the ability should be where the set of brackets are for people still learning the character sheet. Also, I'm having the same problem as Bryce the Magnificent where everyone can see the character sheet of characters they don't have access to and not the profile of those characters. Lastly, is there a Whisper Toggle? If so, where do I find it? If not, please implement one.

Edited 1691561307
Bryce the Magnificent said: I am sorry to ask another question.   If I put a character in someone's Journal then they can see the characters full character sheet.  Is this a bug or is there away that I can show only the profile? In Journal = Access to Bio&Info Edit = Access to the whole sheet... has always been that way so I doubt they made a difference for the Marvel Multiverse Sheet... Can you check the Sheets Permissions by clicking on "EDIT"? I assume it is set to "all players" for see AND edit permission.
Gauss
Forum Champion
TheMarkus1204 said: Bryce the Magnificent said: I am sorry to ask another question.   If I put a character in someone's Journal then they can see the characters full character sheet.  Is this a bug or is there away that I can show only the profile? In Journal = Access to Bio&Info Edit = Access to the whole sheet... has always been that way so I doubt they made a difference for the Marvel Multiverse Sheet... Can you check the Sheets Permissions by clicking on "EDIT"? I assume it is set to "all players" for see AND edit permission. There is no Bio & Info tab for the Marvel sheet. They removed it and the Attributes & Abilities tab. 
Gauss
Forum Champion
Bryce the Magnificent said: I am sorry to ask another question.   If I put a character in someone's Journal then they can see the characters full character sheet.  Is this a bug or is there away that I can show only the profile? Hi Bryce,  There is no way to show only the profile with the way the Devs have the sheet configured. The sheet is completely new tech for Roll20 and in it's current iteration there is no Bio & Info tab or Attributes & Abilities tab. As a result there is nothing for players to view without viewing the entire sheet. In short, don't give players access to "In Player's Journals" if they shouldn't see the sheet. 
Gauss said: Bryce the Magnificent said: I am sorry to ask another question.   If I put a character in someone's Journal then they can see the characters full character sheet.  Is this a bug or is there away that I can show only the profile? Hi Bryce,  There is no way to show only the profile with the way the Devs have the sheet configured. The sheet is completely new tech for Roll20 and in it's current iteration there is no Bio & Info tab or Attributes & Abilities tab. As a result there is nothing for players to view without viewing the entire sheet. In short, don't give players access to "In Player's Journals" if they shouldn't see the sheet.  This is actually a bug, there is a 'profile' view of the sheet that should be getting displayed when players don't have edit access (which also will house the old GM notes & Bio Sections, which is in flight getting added back in).  I'm raising to the team to have them take a look!  For context, if you click the main settings cog on the sheet, it allows you to configure which sections you want available on the public profile.  You can also view what the profile looks like by clicking the 'profile' button.  That is the view that players should see if they don't have edit access.
Sirius said: In the picture below, I clicked the cog wheel to make edits to my ability stats. You can see under Ability Scores there is a column with a set of brackets and a number input with the word Base below the input. I realize these scores are going in order from top to bottom Melee, Agility, Resilience, Vigilance, Ego, and Logic but the name of the ability should be where the set of brackets are for people still learning the character sheet. Also, I'm having the same problem as Bryce the Magnificent where everyone can see the character sheet of characters they don't have access to and not the profile of those characters. Lastly, is there a Whisper Toggle? If so, where do I find it? If not, please implement one. The issue with ability scores names not displaying correctly is in flight, should be fixed shortly!   See above response for sheet access. Whisper toggle is not something that is currently implemented, but is on our roadmap to be added.
Are players of the game, not just the gm allowed to see the compendium and build characters?
Hi, true believers I'm having trouble opening the Super skrull and another skrull token. I'm just getting the base outline of the character sheet with an animation of the roll20 dice in the middle and the sheets won't boot up the info'. I've tried opening the sheet direct from the right hand menu and from the token sheet using double click and Alt. Neither seems to work. Also, is the character sheet supposed to automatically adjust defences and damage multiplier when you change the size of a character? If so it's not working for me. If not, is there any chance you could add this feature to the sheet? Excelsior Dak
Is there a Known Bug List somewhere that we are able to see?  I do not want to report known bugs why you guys are trying to fix them.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Bryce the Magnificent said: Is there a Known Bug List somewhere that we are able to see?  I do not want to report known bugs why you guys are trying to fix them. There is no user facing Known bug list. Please report all bugs you run into, even if they have already been reported. I believe (am not sure) that the number of reports is one of the metrics that are used to prioritize bug fixes.
The full list of origins, traits and power sets are not appearing in the charactermancer...again
I too lost access to all of the pre-generated characters, origins, traits, and powers in the charactermancer. 
Jason said: The full list of origins, traits and power sets are not appearing in the charactermancer...again I lost all those things also.
I'm not exactly sure about the charactermancer, but I started a new game to test a character losing traits. When trying to build a new character I'm missing a significant number of origins.
Once again character sheets only have a limited number of options available in the character builder in the game --- even for me as the GM and compendium owner. For instance, only High Tech, Inhuman, Special Training, Unknown, and Weird Science are the only choices during the Origin section of the character builder. Please advise!
They just pushed a patch through to fix the character builder issue. Double check now.  I noticed that the token bars are not saving stats unless linked it to a specific attribute. Updating the default token with added information removes the data in the token bar.