Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Marvel Multiverse Role-Playing Game by Roll20

Dragging and dropping powers/traits works for me (Firefox). They show up at the bottom of their respective lists. @Pat: The rules are a bit vague since Speed Run 1 says "use your regular Run Speed" but Flight 1 says "use your Run Speed." However, looking at America Chavez who has Speed Run 2 and Flight 2, her Run and Flight are both 30. So it appears you use your Rank for speed only once (so Rank 3/Agility 5 is Speed 6; then for Speed 1 it is 18 and for Flight it is also 18). I'm with you on all other sheet updates needed.
I'm having an issue with the Character builder not giving me all the Origin despite having the core rulebook and sharing my compendium with my players. It works for me. I looked at the Share Compendependium and it is toggled to share
Adding to the piles of people who have bought the game, have Compendium Sharing set correctly, but can't seem to get players to see any characters successfully. Is there a refund feature on Roll20? It feels real bad to have spent money on this and not have the features promised function as advertised. Seems like a pointless purchase in its current state.
I know we got good (and even passionate people working on it), but I feel your pain. It sucks that we still can't run the game well with the bugs being as they are. With luck most will get sorted this week. 
Chopstyx said: I know we got good (and even passionate people working on it), but I feel your pain. It sucks that we still can't run the game well with the bugs being as they are. With luck most will get sorted this week.  Someone is nearly done with a version on Foundry thankfully. >_>
A question I want to be sure about is, do we apply the buffs of an ability like Brilliance 1 into the ability score editor at areas where they're mentioned to be relevant to, or would it have to be mentioned separately? I feel like it'd be the former, but I want to make sure that my understanding's right. In case I need to specify, this is the effect of Brilliance 1: "The character adds +1 to their Logic damage multiplier, and they gain a +1 bonus to Logic checks other than attacks."
@Halberspectre If I understand your question correctly you need to manually add in the modifiers in the Ability Score Editor after you exit the Character Creator (it doesn't do it for you).
Oh, thank you, and yeah, you understood it right
Yeah my group also cannot see the compendium in the builder anymore. I don't understand how a company can release a failed product like this when lone coders do it in a week on other platforms. 
any chance we can get an update on why compendium content isn't available for players now in the builder?
They are doing a rollback on Monday. I imagine it'll fix a few recent errors. 
Cableguy said: Chopstyx said: I know we got good (and even passionate people working on it), but I feel your pain. It sucks that we still can't run the game well with the bugs being as they are. With luck most will get sorted this week.  Someone is nearly done with a version on Foundry thankfully. >_> Any link to that mate? Also hoping the same, I haven't found something specific.
John L. said: Cableguy said: Chopstyx said: I know we got good (and even passionate people working on it), but I feel your pain. It sucks that we still can't run the game well with the bugs being as they are. With luck most will get sorted this week.  Someone is nearly done with a version on Foundry thankfully. >_> Any link to that mate? Also hoping the same, I haven't found something specific. Just check Foundry discord. There is someone working on it as a side project.
I tried to adjust the pre made Heroes to the new Errata but think i messed up, canget seem to add any Powers to these characters or what am i missing?
I tried to adjust the pre made Heroes to the new Errata but think i messed up, canget seem to add any Powers to these characters or what am i missing? No, they still haven't adjusted the pregen sheets so you can edit them.
Instead of adjusting a premade character, I was making copies of them and then adjusting those versions. But it's been 2 weeks since I played with that so I'm not sure if that still works. 
In Discord it was mentioned that the fix for being able to adjust the pregens is in final testing.
I seem not to have access to any of the powers when creating a character with the Special Training Origin 
Bryce the Magnificent said: I seem not to have access to any of the powers when creating a character with the Special Training Origin This is a known issue and we're currently testing the fix.
I am trying to add a new Origin (as I started with Unknown) and the traits and tags that come with it, but every time I leave the game and log back in all my drag and drops have disappeared.

Edited 1695940313
Can’t seem to get the character builder to find any powers, occupations and traits. I have trained multiple browsers, multiple PCs and even mobile/tablet.  I’m getting a timeout error on those sections of the character sheet builder. Request has errors Operation ‘rulesystemfindOne()’ buffering timed out after 10000ms
I am unable to see Enter: HYDRA as an Adventure.  Marvel.com/RPG shows the updated Adventure date of 9/18 but I haven't found it here
JayBezz said: I am unable to see Enter: HYDRA as an Adventure.  Marvel.com/RPG shows the updated Adventure date of 9/18 but I haven't found it here That was the playtest.
Character builder no longer offers a full list of characters and other options
even after the update today, I can not get an origin to stick or traits/tags either to a already made PC.
My Players are not able to open some of the character sheets in their journals. 
Bryce the Magnificent said: My Players are not able to open some of the character sheets in their journals.  Hi Bryce, if you could a report this on our Help Center with a full description of the problem, any extensions you or your players might be using, and any steps to reliably produce the problem that you can determine, we'll get the right people working on it as soon as possible.
Alex R. said: even after the update today, I can not get an origin to stick or traits/tags either to a already made PC. We had to roll back the fix because the data for a small number of existing sheets was negatively affected by the update. It is once again in testing. I'll update here once we get it live again
I was building a character and I selected Crimson Bands of Cytorrak, it was not shown in the list of powers I had chosen but was shown on the finished character sheet. I deleted the character and tried again and the same problem happened.
Doctor Atomic said: I was building a character and I selected Crimson Bands of Cytorrak, it was not shown in the list of powers I had chosen but was shown on the finished character sheet. I deleted the character and tried again and the same problem happened. I've recreated the bug and have filed a ticket! Will update when it's completed
Alex R. said: even after the update today, I can not get an origin to stick or traits/tags either to a already made PC. This should now be fixed!

Edited 1699821710
Hi: I've got a real problem brewing for my Marvel Universe Game coming up - but it has a lot less to do with the character sheets and a lot more to do with the dice.  I know this isn't the best place for such an inquiry but I can't for the life of me find a better one so I hope you'll all forgive me. Put simply, the mechanics of this game demand I visually represent dice of more than a single color to my players and as far as I can tell such a thing is not available on Roll20.  I can't have 2 white dice and a red one.  Or 2 of any single color and 1 of another for that matter.  I had hoped that the rather pricey Campaign Bundle I bought might have some idea about how to deal with that but it doesn't seem to. Does anyone here have any workarounds for this problem?  I sure would appreciate it.
Apologies if said elsewhere but i couldnt find on a search.    i cannot work out on the Marvel character sheet how to assign access and control permissions - that part of the edit option on other game character sheerts where there are the three tabs doesnt seem available - any clues?
It has the dice already built in, with the function for Edge and Trouble rolls too Gus B. said: Hi: I've got a real problem brewing for my Marvel Universe Game coming up - but it has a lot less to do with the character sheets and a lot more to do with the dice.  I know this isn't the best place for such an inquiry but I can't for the life of me find a better one so I hope you'll all forgive me. Put simply, the mechanics of this game demand I visually represent dice of more than a single color to my players and as far as I can tell such a thing is not available on Roll20.  I can't have 2 white dice and a red one.  Or 2 of any single color and 1 of another for that matter.  I had hoped that the rather pricey Campaign Bundle I bought might have some idea about how to deal with that but it doesn't seem to. Does anyone here have any workarounds for this problem?  I sure would appreciate it.

Edited 1700067617
I have set up my MMrpg game but my players are having trouble with the character builder in the vault, they can't see all the powers when they open the list, the list stops at Super Strength.  How do I fix this?
Doctor Atomic said: I have set up my MMrpg game but my players are having trouble with the character builder in the vault, they can't see all the powers when they open the list, the list stops at Super Strength.  How do I fix this? Hey Doctor Atomic,        This is likely due to your players not owning the Core Rulebook themselves, the last five powersets aren't in the quickstart guide.  Compendiums are (for the moment) only shared on the VTT - so for those power sets they'll need to complete the builder in the VTT, and import to Roll20 Characters if they want to access and use the sheet outside of the game.   Roll20 Characters is still in Beta, and more features are coming soon - including ways to create a character pre-linked to a game, and inherit that game's compendium settings in the process.  You can read more about what's coming next here .
When creating a character, the builder is not adding in the damage multiplier and non-combat bonuses from powers like Mighty and Accuracy. It also doesn't add the +30 Focus from the Battle Ready Trait.
Chris M. (Ardrikk) said: When creating a character, the builder is not adding in the damage multiplier and non-combat bonuses from powers like Mighty and Accuracy. It also doesn't add the +30 Focus from the Battle Ready Trait. I've been adding those modifiers by hand using the edit options, not sure if they intend to automate that for us.
Bronson H. said: Doctor Atomic said: I have set up my MMrpg game but my players are having trouble with the character builder in the vault, they can't see all the powers when they open the list, the list stops at Super Strength.  How do I fix this? Hey Doctor Atomic,        This is likely due to your players not owning the Core Rulebook themselves, the last five powersets aren't in the quickstart guide.  Compendiums are (for the moment) only shared on the VTT - so for those power sets they'll need to complete the builder in the VTT, and import to Roll20 Characters if they want to access and use the sheet outside of the game.   Roll20 Characters is still in Beta, and more features are coming soon - including ways to create a character pre-linked to a game, and inherit that game's compendium settings in the process.  You can read more about what's coming next here . I thought the intent was for my players to have access to what I had purchased as the GM when they play in my game.  Also, I thought the character builder was part of the vtt, one has to be on Roll20 to use it.
Doctor Atomic said: I thought the intent was for my players to have access to what I had purchased as the GM when they play in my game.  Also, I thought the character builder was part of the vtt, one has to be on Roll20 to use it. Hey Doctor Atomic, Being able to share your content with your players so they can make and manage characters outside the VTT in Roll20 Characters is something we're still working on. We hope to have that soon. Basically, they'll be able to add their character to a game and then they'll have access to the shared content even outside the VTT.
Does anyone know where I can find the attribute names for the stats on the roll20 Marvel Multiverse sheet? There is no Attributes & Abilities tab. Hovering over fields doesn't tell me. And searching the HTML I cant find the string 'name="attr' so that's a non starter. Are they documented somewhere? As things stand its impossible to use macros without attribute names.
When you select Spirit of Vengeance origin no powers are listed for you to choose.  A friend also had this problem.
Doctor Atomic said: When you select Spirit of Vengeance origin no powers are listed for you to choose.  A friend also had this problem. Thanks for the report. This issue is known, and we'll be addressing it soon.
Any word on how to set up an Initiative macro for this? Especially for unlinked tokens (if possible)? It's getting very tedious opening each enemy individually and rolling initiative one at a time.
i used to have a lot of problems with bot sheet not beeing able to open , just beeing black , roll20 started saying maybe its my system that do not support , but it do , this only happends with marvel do anyone know if its fixed
Hello. Is anyone else seeing this when trying to access Character Sheet Settings in a Marvel Multiverse RPG game?  It does the same thing in Chrome, Edge, and Firefox. Thanks.
kim j. The blue Canary said: i used to have a lot of problems with bot sheet not beeing able to open , just beeing black , roll20 started saying maybe its my system that do not support , but it do , this only happends with marvel do anyone know if its fixed We've recently fixed a bug where a sheet opened from a handout would open to a black screen. Is this what you are talking about?
The Distinguishing Features box will get bigger to accommodate text but the text is still cut off and just show black space above and below where it crops the text.
Yes my pc sheets would come up black and never kind of load but so would my npc sheets from the compendium , did this issue get fixed because i returned my game after endless of complaining-