Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Print Character Sheets

+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1 I guess
Hey Roll20 Devs!  This would be a really useful feature to add.  Specifically, the ability to print to PDF.  We've got a "pen and paper" game coming up soon, using our Roll20 PCs.  Want to export to PDF, vs. trying to do screenshots... Please help!
Scrotok (John P.) said: Hey Roll20 Devs!  This would be a really useful feature to add.  Specifically, the ability to print to PDF.  We've got a "pen and paper" game coming up soon, using our Roll20 PCs.  Want to export to PDF, vs. trying to do screenshots... Please help! Well, good(ish) news!  This is currently in development.  Specifically, they're researching all of the issues involved right now.  So it's going to be a while yet, but it's coming!
+1 Though from the sounds of it, think this thread has served its purpose if the feature is being worked on!
+1
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Actually, the feature is available, as far as the Roll20 character sheet framework goes.  It is just that every sheet has have the code updated/rewritten to handle it.

Edited 1642808804
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I know I'm the one that started this request... but diving into the nuances of rewriting a sheet's code to be print friendly hasn't quite made it into my personal priorities list.  It's one thing to be given the ingredients, another to be given the recipe, and yet another to bake the cake.  I suppose Roll20 has at least given us authors the ingredients. ;-)  I would love for Roll20 to post one complete, working, example with at least a mote cum modicum of instruction to help guide the cadre of volunteers that create and maintain 99% of Roll20's character sheets. EDITED : for the love of humanity
vÍnce said: I know I'm the one that started this request... but diving into the nuances of rewriting a sheet's code to be print friendly hasn't quite made it into my personal priorities list.  It's one thing to be given the ingredients, another to be given the recipe, and yet another to bake the cake.  I suppose Roll20 has at least given us authors the ingredients. ;-)  I would love for Roll20 to post one complete, working, example with at least a mote cum of instruction to help guide the cadre of volunteers that create and maintain 99% of Roll20's character sheets. erm...modicum? genuinely curious
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks Barry
+1
vÍnce said: Thanks Barry No worries XD
Giger
Pro
API Scripter
7 years and counting.... :(
+1 please
+1 This is deff. needed

Edited 1642953061
+1 PLEASE! It's the features like this that makes certain programs great.
+1 this, I have a player that likes pen and paper, this would be I really nice add.

Edited 1643834401
This was first posted 7 Years ago -- This is why people have such little confidence in roll 20 I have worked on teams who made award winning apps from scratch in less than 3 years.
Susan
Plus
Translator
+1 and then some.
+1
+1
+1
+1 plz
+1
+1

Edited 1644931668
+1. I'm not a sofware developper by a long shot, however the thought can't seem to escape me that creating a print option in a charactersheet is something that should not take more than a couple of months. am i wrong?
+1 this is why people are looking at other options than Roll20 such as The Foundry etc etc etc. Seven years from when this was first asked about to now for a paid pro subscription is unsat. Roll20 please service your paying account members better please
David H. said: +1 this is why people are looking at other options than Roll20 such as The Foundry etc etc etc. Seven years from when this was first asked about to now for a paid pro subscription is unsat. Roll20 please service your paying account members better please Does Foundry allow printing character sheets?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
See the last bullet point for 2022 <a href="https://blog.roll20.net/posts/improved-initiative-a-roll20-product-update/" rel="nofollow">https://blog.roll20.net/posts/improved-initiative-a-roll20-product-update/</a> ;-)
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
Hello all - As vÍnce pointed out, Morgan announced the the ability to print Character Sheets&nbsp;is a feature on our roadmap. The status of this suggestion has been moved to Queued. As mentioned by earlier Roll20 Staff posts, this is technically possible for all sheets. To reach a "Complete" status, we'll be bringing user interface to open the Print Dialog of your operating system, as well as paper-friendly styles to the D&amp;D 5e by Roll20 character sheet.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
That's great news Kenton!&nbsp; I'm hopeful that at a minimum, sheet authors will be able to see an example of the 5e paper-friendly style or a facsimile there of... My fingers are crossed.&nbsp; I believe this would go a long way at helping to facilitate this popular suggestion.&nbsp; Thanks
I will just put it bluntly, you just lost a plus subscriber due to the lack of this feature. I am sure I am not the only one. It is insulting that in 2022 this is still an issue. Spend less time and money in obscure functions and more in easy accessibility and compendium&nbsp; access, which printing IS accessibility. Hopefully you will bring me and others like me back. But then again I am not sure you care.
+1 From me
+1 from me too. Good thing it's on 2022 roadmap :-) Next question: when this year ? (yes I'm kind of impatient :-))
Yeah!
+1
Yes
PLEASE LET US PRINT SHEETS OF ANY TYPE
+1
+1. This is a good opportunity for them to retain the customers they gained due to the Covid-19 pandemic, who are now returning to in-person games.
7 years later and still this ;-;
YES!&nbsp; Some old farts like me still love the feel/smell of paper.&nbsp; Please set up a print function!
Yes, please! Would be amazing to print character sheets and spell sheets. Even if re-formatted.&nbsp;
+1