Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Print Character Sheets

+1 from me
You have gained a +1 comment of affirmation! Congratulations! 
+1
+1: Any suggestions for a workaround in the meantime?
It's kind of ridiculous that there is no option to print or export.  Seems like this basic option would have been among the first things implemented. The more I get into Roll20 the more I'm let down at the lack of basic, common sense features like this.
+1 vote
+1
LAW said: +1: Any suggestions for a workaround in the meantime? Screen cap. Print. 
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
GMB said: LAW said: +1: Any suggestions for a workaround in the meantime? Screen cap. Print.  That works for some sheets.  The larger ones make this very difficult.  ;-( We are working on an optional "simplified" view of the PF sheet that might help with screen capping.
+1 from me as well. My group has expressed the desire to print off their characters multiple times, glad to have come across this thread.
+1
+1 Yes please.
+1 Yes, please. Here's an alternate workaround to screen caps. Not perfect, but different trade-offs. Instead of an image, it produces a final PDF, which I prefer, but it does seem to clip off the outer edges of the page. (I'm using Chrome on OSX. Please let me know if modified steps are needed for MS or other browsers.) Open the character sheet in roll20.net Pop out the character sheet to its own browser window using the button in the upper-left corner. In Chrome, you can, by hand, increase the size of text boxes which have been overrun. Do it sparingly. Use your browser's Print capability to save the first page ("Core") to pdf. Change the filename to something you'll be able to find later. I recommend you add "-page1" or something like that to the end of the filename. Switch to the "Bio" and "Spells" pages if you want them, and print them also to pdf, appending "-page2", "-page3", etc. Optional: If you keep a Google doc for your character and want it included, print appropriate pdf pages for that. (For me, I keep one Google doc starting a new page for each of my characters, and print that one page to make the overall pdf.) Assuming you haven't put trade secrets or confidential information in your character sheets :), go to&nbsp; <a href="http://www.pdfmerge.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.pdfmerge.com/</a> , upload your pdfs in the order you want them, and click the "Merge" button. That will download the merged pdf. Not perfect, but workable.
Lucian gave a similar idea here (<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2237751/slug%7D" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2237751/slug%7D</a>) some 2 months back. I haven't tried it, but it appears to take more fiddling while producing cleaner output.
The following javascript will produce a decently printable version of the main page, some areas of the character bio and info page will be truncated, however. To use it, open the character sheet in a separate window, open the developers console, copy/paste this code, and then press enter. After that, you should be able to print a decent copy of the main page. var cssText = ' body {height:11.1in; width:8.5in;} .ui-dialog {position:relative!important;} .nav.nav-tabs,.sheet-footer,.sheet-tab-button {display:none;}' var styleTags = document.getElementsByTagName('style') var lastStyleTag = styleTags[styleTags.length-1] lastStyleTag.append(cssText) document.getElementById('editobject').remove()
Hello ! Would also appreciate this option ! In the mean time I recover the sheets like this : 1. Open in new window 2. Save the web page if you want to use it offline (open .htm in firefox or chrome) 3. Install a program like pdfcreator to print to .pdf files 4. Use the shortcut Ctrl+P to print Eventually merge the .pdf files together if you want Have fun !
+1 I often have a copy of all my players' sheets in PDF because it's easier in some ways. Plus I just feel better having a backup. Being able to print would make this far easier than manually tracking in two places.
+1 great idea for a great VTT
I don't know that this would be done at the Roll20 level, so much as the individual character sheet author level. If you pop a sheet out into its own browser window and hit print, it would call the print CSS if one was available for the sheet in question.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
TheWebCoder said: I don't know that this would be done at the Roll20 level, so much as the individual character sheet author level. If you pop a sheet out into its own browser window and hit print, it would call the print CSS if one was available for the sheet in question. I would love to see an example of how this might be implemented &nbsp;;-)
PrincessFairy
Pro
Marketplace Creator
This is a truly amazing idea +1 from me. Having the ability to print character sheets directly from the system to have a clean appearance character sheet that can be passed out to players at a tabletop game. I know many people are starting to use the roll20 system for there nightly games at home, having the board set up on a projector and or flat screen laid into a table top. Giving access to the virtual tabletop while playing with there written character sheets. It would be nice to be able to print them all out and edit them directly in the system. Look forward to seeing this idea.
+1 with an import/export option
While I would like to see this and am adding my +1 I would have to image that the vast majority of sheets aren't properly formatted to standard paper sizes since the layout for a physical sheet and what you see on your screen at a time are quite different. Without vast editing of individual sheets the feature would probably just be the equivalent of printing from your browser wouldn't it?
Please add this!
I would like to too...&nbsp;
+1 Why isn't this a thing yet?
This would be a most welcome feature.
This please. If roll20 could do this, I would have even less reason to subscribe to D&D Beyond.
+1 We serously need this.

Edited 1490110297
DM
Pro
+1
+1
+1 Fantastic idea!!
+1
+1
+1
+1&nbsp;
+1
+1 This is a crazily important feature to have
YES. Being able to print your character sheets seems so basic and important it's hard to believe this has been voted on for 2 years and still can't be done. Yes, PLEASE add this feature.
Now that D&D Beyond is their competition on the character-building front, I wonder if that will change matters here. (Making it either less or more necessary to the devs.)&nbsp; Of course, personally I'd rather use roll20 for everything!
Eva said: YES. Being able to print your character sheets seems so basic and important it's hard to believe this has been voted on for 2 years and still can't be done. Yes, PLEASE add this feature. This x100 basically. It is mystifying that this isn't a defacto option at this stage of the game.

Edited 1501121215
BK
Pro
+1 for me... and +5 to represent every member of our play group.&nbsp;&nbsp; It is PAINFUL and TIME CONSUMING to have to maintain a soft copy AND a copy on Roll20.&nbsp;&nbsp; It would SOOOO much easier (and beneficial for ROLL 20 !!)&nbsp;&nbsp;to have a PRINT-to-PDF option for the Character Sheets, to let us simply update the Roll20 version, hit print, and voila - we have a soft copy or hard copy to use when we are not online but want to view our character sheets! I have been the MAX level of subscriber for well over a year now - my vote should count for&nbsp; x1K&nbsp; !!&nbsp;&nbsp; :-)
Yes please! +1 !
+8 &nbsp;My group wants to play a local session and exporting is a NIGHTMARE. &nbsp;There's no way to easily grab the pages of background, spells, etc.&nbsp;
+1 +7 for my players. Please make this happen. Thanks team!
It's nice to see I'm not the only looking for the ability to print out my characters. I'd love something formatted, but I'd even settle for something that would just dump all the fields in a text doc that I could pretty up myself.
+1
+1
This is a massive +1 million from me. I currently run a face-to-face Roll20 game with my friends and I have to keep their Roll20 sheets updated AS WELL as separate PDF sheets. Even popping out the Roll20 sheet and trying to print from there just doesn't work. I see this feature was requested 2 years ago or so. Has there been any update from the devs??