Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Print Character Sheets

+1 on the printing of Character Sheets and it would also be awesome if we could import directly from an offline pdf character sheet like the MPMBs_Character_Record_Sheet.pdf off of the DMsGuild. Best of both worlds then..

Edited 1505422003
Nolan T. J.
Roll20 Team
This is likely. I'll try and swing back to provide an update before year's end. A caveat: we'll probably want to check with some of our licensing contacts ahead of implementation.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Sweeeeeeeeeeeet.
+1
Would love to be able to print the character sheets, even if only for archival purposes. Myself and my players are all noobs here and we're going to make mistakes in character creation and editting as we go. Having a baseline to return to in case of error would be invaluable.

Edited 1508942598
Question: Would the print option auto un-condense all the fields or one should condense and un-condense by hand what they are gonna want un-condensed?
+1 more vote to this one. 
+1, I'm waiting) 
+1
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Can't ya'll just pop the character sheet in its own window and then print it using the browser's print dialog? That seems to work sufficiently for whenever I need to print a physical copy of a sheet.

Edited 1512164683
I've tried the same thing in different browsers, but it always print crappy for me. It only prints the left half of the first page. Did anybody else had the same problem?
Kanchide said: I've tried the same thing in different browsers, but it always print crappy for me. It only prints the left half of the first page. Did anybody else had the same problem? Same here. Hence my immediate upvote when I found this thread.
Hi, for D&d 5ed it worked for me. I change the options "Use window popouts for characters" to use popup. Then, using chrome, I change it to print and change the scale a lit bit to fit in a A4. 

Edited 1514904975
Pedro Rocha said: Hi, for D&d 5ed it worked for me. I change the options "Use window popouts for characters" to use popup. Then, using chrome, I change it to print and change the scale a lit bit to fit in a A4.  Thanks for the tip. I've tried this and it works pretty well if I change the scale or the paper size to an A2 and I make a PDF out of it. I still would appreciate an in built option that gave you a nice, printer friendly, report style, print with all fields expanded. Otherwise you have too many blank spaces due to different lengths in the boxes.
Any news? Being able to print a character sheet is pretty basic stuff. 
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
If people have ideas how to do this maybe it could be slapped into a small wiki article/page on how to print more reliably for people less technologically inclined?
Nolan T. J. said: This is likely. I'll try and swing back to provide an update before year's end. A caveat: we'll probably want to check with some of our licensing contacts ahead of implementation. Post end of year and I know Dev prefers to be news light but this is a good example. Of. Votes in limbo. 
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
WhereIF said: Any news? Being able to print a character sheet is pretty basic stuff.  Simply printing a sheet with whatever stylings it has at the moment, would be pretty trivial. However, since most sheets are organized into different sections using tabs and other fancy tricks to layout their information, you would have use the print button for each viewable section of the sheet. For this sort of feature to work well, it won't be so much work for the devs as it would be for sheet authors. The sheet authors would be required to put in a lot more work to make print-friendly views for their sheets containing all the character information in one document. Sheet authors would also need to adopt the use of page-break styles in their sheets so that sections of the sheets will print cleanly across page boundaries. 
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Stephen L. said: For this sort of feature to work well, it won't be so much work for the devs as it would be for sheet authors. The sheet authors would be required to put in a lot more work to make print-friendly views for their sheets containing all the character information in one document. Sheet authors would also need to adopt the use of page-break styles in their sheets so that sections of the sheets will print cleanly across page boundaries.  Yeah, some sheet with multiple collapsible fields and several tabs like Shadowrun 5E would be probably be a headache to make printable by sheet authors.
I'm 100% behind this. Most of my friends prefer playing on a table but we use Roll20 when we cant be together. 
+1 from me
I am also 100 percent behind this
+1

Edited 1525301727
+1 This would be super helpful to have everyones sheet in front of me.  It would be quicker for me personally to shuffle through peoples sheets.  I'm not savvy enough to come up with a clean solution myself.
+1 Sometime we gamer in my backyard, sometimes we play over a weekend in a beach rental or a Ski rental at mt. hood. Sometime we go camping. If I could print easily and decently, I'd be buying material.
+1 - Yes please! Especially with the advent of the Charactermancer! This feature is an absolute must!
+1 I would LOVE to print out sheets without having to print the whole webpage
+1
+1
+1 =)
+1
+1
+1 Even if it only prints the tab your on... That would still be greatly helpful.
+1 Would be very useful for the games I run that are sometimes on Roll20 and sometimes tabletop.
+1 for me!
+1
For real guys, this has been asked for long enough wouldn't you say? Please consider doing this.
+1  This was suggested 3 years ago... I'm a bit surprised there is still no way to print out a character sheet. As a DM I like to make folders of my players characters when I think about what their story is, or will be. Competition in the VTT world is growing. Its the little things that keep your paying clients around. 

Edited 1535254455
I moved off roll20 for characters a long time ago because I don't think this area is a priority.  I use it for the virtual environment as that is strong and supported. 5th highest in popularity on the non-completed list and years old :-/
I found this thread because I too am interested in this. I am not looking forward to having to keep characters updated through multiple mediums like this.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
At some point I tried with developer tools to strip down all other parts of the page to have just the sheet left in a printable form. I made some headway, but ultimately it didn't result in anything workable. From the developers this should be much easier to isolate the sheet to make this workable.
+1
Still waiting on this. Devs plz!

Edited 1536935732
Pedro Rocha said: Hi, for D&d 5ed it worked for me. I change the options "Use window popouts for characters" to use popup. Then, using chrome, I change it to print and change the scale a lit bit to fit in a A4.  This worked well for me also. I have tried this with other character sheets and it works fine.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Oh damn, gotta try that out!
Has there been any update on this feature?  I can't imagine why such a basic feature wouldn't be implemented.  
This would be great to have.  A few weeks ago I wanted to take my roll20 AL character and export him to play in a tabletop game.  I had to manually transcribe the entire thing. 

Edited 1567539818
This should work for most sheets. Only tested on Pathfinder Community though so  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ [Old post removed] No reason to do this anymore. Easier to just use a bookmarklet. Go here (further in the thread) and get the bookmarklet script. Edit2: Go here (even further in the thread) and get a userscript that fixes things.
But paying users in particular should not have to jump through hoops, or do programming when Dammit Roll20 I'm a GM not a Programmer. Noon said: This should work for most sheets. Only tested on Pathfinder Community though so  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Open up a character and click the popout button. Setup character sheet exactly as you want it. Open sections, expand boxes, whatever. If you're using PFC just click the "All" submenu. Press F12 and go to "console" in the window that pops up next to your character sheet. (Screenshot is Chrome. Should look similar for most browsers) Paste these 4 lines of code into the window and press enter. document.querySelector('link[href*=base]').setAttribute('media', 'screen'); document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].innerHTML += '<style type="text/css" media="print">#editobject,.nav.nav-tabs{display:none!important}.ui-dialog{position:relative!important}body{overflow:visible !important;}</style>'; window.print(); window.close(); That's it. Should work. You may have to change the zoom settings on the print-preview window that pops up. 65% seems to be the sweet spot for the Pathfinder Community Sheet. For those of you that don't want to run arbitrary code on your PC: here's what each line does. disables roll20's print styling by making their print styling only show up when not printing.  moves the popup box back into the page (it's floating so that it can be scrolled without losing the headers) and hides the headers. opens the print window. closes the character sheet when the print window is done printing.