Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Print Character Sheets

Do It
We really need this feature!  We have a number of kids playing during the pandemic and having a printout would help incredibly.  I hate to say this, as I really like Roll 20, but we may have to go to another platform because of this.  It looks like they are unable or unwilling to make this happen despite the fact this has to be one of the most common complaints.
Wallace C. said: We really need this feature!  We have a number of kids playing during the pandemic and having a printout would help incredibly.  I hate to say this, as I really like Roll 20, but we may have to go to another platform because of this.  It looks like they are unable or unwilling to make this happen despite the fact this has to be one of the most common complaints. Yep - this exactly.  I started a game with my family.  I got sick of copying info into pdf sheets to print every time they leveled or got new spells. I ended up buying the PHB and others in dnd beyond, so much better to search stuff and can print straight from the sheet.  I now only buy books there, so Roll20 have lost my money. 
Please add this feature. We want to be able to move between VTT and RL more smoothly.
Please can we export / print character sheets?
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1 A year ago I started playing here because of a friends recommendation. I have to say Roll 20 really of grew on me. But keeping the system so closed that you cant even make a proper print is a big turn off.

Edited 1603917592
+1,000,000 At the risk of being "that guy", why is this not a capability yet?  People have been asking for it for roughly 6 years now.  I absolutely LOVE this platform, and I refuse to buy a third instance of the books over at Beyond just so I can print my pre-filled character sheets.  C'mon, gang...please make this happen! Loosely related, I'd be curious as to the development processes in place for how the Roll20 team prioritizes, queues and executes development work.  I'm an Agile Coach and Trainer by trade, so all of this has me wondering if they're using Agile, Scrum, XP or anything of the sort. 
How hard can it be? Maybe they don't want to help people leave!
+1 here please
+1
+1.  This would be such a useful feature to be able to print character sheets.  I still use roll20 for the maps and to run my game but wanting to go back to live games it would be great to print them out so my players can use it that way.
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1 
John Clark
Pro
Marketplace Creator
+1
+1 upvote
+1
Will this happen +1 for me and my group
+1
Yes, please do this. It would be so helpful for my GM-Notes and preparation. Also for the occasional IRL session.
+1, this isn't at all a jab at the developers but this feels like such a must-have feature
There are over 400 replies, and I am too lazy to read them all, so I'm going to offer a suggestion. Why not create a button on the character sheet, most likely on the Bio tab.  The button, when clicked, brings up a menu that asks which tabs on the character sheet you want to print.  The user checks boxes, or there is a click-select, then the user clicks ok/print and the backend processing does it's thing and outputs to the local system's print menu. On the backend, you have choices on how that's handled, but my thought is to use the supplied character sheet coding that draws/formats the character sheet for normal use on the website to draw/format each tab/page for printing. Bonus feature: Automatically do page breaks for each character sheet tab.
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1  Honestly... 6+ years into it and nothing so far?
+1
+1, not that it seems to matter if it hasn't even gotten a response in 6+ years...
There have been several updates.  Scroll back a few pages.  Most recent was around 2 months ago I think.
I, too, would like to be able to print character sheets.
+1 to be able to print out my character sheets.  Maybe it will actually be looked at or someone will find a way to properly do this?
+1
+1. When last I logged onto game for our weekly session, my character had been semi-wiped, it was as it was at creation and not the up to date 8th level character I had worked it up to. Very frustrating and a hard copy would have been very helpful. There really is no excuse for not being able to print out character sheets.
+1  This should be easy to do.  
Giger
Pro
API Scripter
Fam.  This takes away product dependency.  They aren't going to create a feature that moves people away from their platform (and premium services). I've been waiting 6 years already.
+1 
Giger said: Fam.  This takes away product dependency.  They aren't going to create a feature that moves people away from their platform (and premium services). I've been waiting 6 years already. They moved me away long ago, because I wanted to use this Programm as Map when playing face-to-face in pre-covid-19 times. I wanted to have my character on paper and online without editing it twice.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Looks like one of the roadblocks to printing our character sheets may have finally been removed. Now on Dev Server: Character Sheet Enhancements!
+1  Please make this happen! I finally feel competent in the Roll20 environment and don't want to have to migrate to another VTT platform!
.... is anyone at Roll20 even listening to this message board? This is insane!... 6 years worth of people asking for this feature, some of which work in the field of computers needed to make this happen, and are probably able to be hired on as outside consultants, to make this feature happen. the availability to print Csheets straight from the game, whether PC's, or more needed by DM's NPC's, is a HUGE leg up! this would make them huge competitors against Beyond... how many people in this thread alone have stated the 20 has lost their money to go over to beyond simply because of this feature..  how do we actually get this in front of the DEV team over there? it seems like no one really cares about this, and just ignores it..  this should be like a number #1 priority!!!
Check out Vince's post above.  Changes on the dev server now to make printing character sheets an easier task so expect to see some progress on live soon.