Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet

Edited 1435850914
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
2nd July 2015 Fixed the HTML of spells so they no longer break any pages after it (Dev) cleaned the tabs to use more consistent css (Dev) small cleanup based on html vaidation (value on textareas removed, step on input type text removed) Added a toggle to show HD rows Slightly decreased the height of the speed wrap box (5px) Added a notation so spell slots are current/max. Also changed color of the tab. Added attacks and saves vs target's name with a setting and API support. Removed from TODO
Mark said: 2nd July 2015 Fixed the HTML of spells so they no longer break any pages after it (Dev) cleaned the tabs to use more consistent css (Dev) small cleanup based on html vaidation (value on textareas removed, step on input type text removed) Added a toggle to show HD rows Slightly decreased the height of the speed wrap box (5px) Added a notation so spell slots are current/max. Also changed color of the tab. Added attacks and saves vs target's name with a setting and API support. Removed from TODO Mark, like the spell book changes but in the latest version it looks like the "source" is displaying even when it's not selected.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Greg B. said: Mark, like the spell book changes but in the latest version it looks like the "source" is displaying even when it's not selected. Fixed.
I hate to nitpick and I can make the change myself if needed, but is it possible to show the target's token name instead of character name?

Edited 1435887453
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thats what I was getting at also with my request, just realized I made a big workload for you by adding to both api and sheet with the name request :\ Whats there works fine for me, just wouldnt it be easier to add @{target|token_name} or whatever the correct variable is, to the button on the sheet? So its less upkeep on your part as its only sheet related if it needs tweaking, and not both API and sheet? I could be totally wrong and talking out my bottom orifice. :P

Edited 1435905652
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
All settings are added to the api now so that they can be changed on import and via the settings changer. Not much work. I will see if target can access the token's properties.
Mark, I know you've been updating the actions/weapons stuff. When I was making the creatures before, I would put the full + to hit in the "to hit" box under actions. Similarly, I would add the modifier to the damage roll (e.g., "1d4+2"). It looks now like those are both being added in automatically by the sheet. Is that an accurate understanding of the changes?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Brian, Are you talking about Actions (for NPCs) or Weapons (for PCs)? They are different. Weapons have the damage die and the bonuses separated. Actions, currently, have the damage die and the bonus in one field ("1d10+7"). I plan to refactor Actions soon and make them match the weapons - GMs will then have to manually convert or use my script to convert them all with one command. It sounds like you're talking about Weapons. In which case the bonuses for attack and damage are mainly calculated by the "Atk Stat" and "Dmg Stat" fields with the bonus fields also adding in the rare case that they are needed (toggle the bonuses button). Does that answer your question?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
3rd July 2015 Updated target name to show the token's name, not the character name Small UI adjustments (Quick Resources, header padding, quick spell stuff)
Mark said: Brian, Are you talking about Actions (for NPCs) or Weapons (for PCs)? They are different. Weapons have the damage die and the bonuses separated. Actions, currently, have the damage die and the bonus in one field ("1d10+7"). I plan to refactor Actions soon and make them match the weapons - GMs will then have to manually convert or use my script to convert them all with one command. It sounds like you're talking about Weapons. In which case the bonuses for attack and damage are mainly calculated by the "Atk Stat" and "Dmg Stat" fields with the bonus fields also adding in the rare case that they are needed (toggle the bonuses button). Does that answer your question? You did answer my question, thank you. After you responded, I experimented with other NPCs and only my Aarakocra is behaving oddly so it seems to be confined to that sheet. I'll explain a little more clearly what I'm seeing though if you care at all, but don't feel obligated to read further because you did answer my question. When I use the roll button on the sheet for an action, it's adding the "To Hit" modifier without one being listed in the "To Hit" section (and adds it twice if I do put one there). I can confirm this is actually what's happening because it's returning a "5" on a crit fail despite there being a "0" in the to hit section. Same thing with the damage, where it adds the modifier without the modifier being there.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Brian B. said: When I use the roll button on the sheet for an action, it's adding the "To Hit" modifier without one being listed in the "To Hit" section (and adds it twice if I do put one there). I can confirm this is actually what's happening because it's returning a "5" on a crit fail despite there being a "0" in the to hit section. Same thing with the damage, where it adds the modifier without the modifier being there. Can you please take a screenshot of your weapons tab? If "To Hit" is empty then something is wrong. I suspect something is wrong with your setup. The weapons tab with at least the melee and quick tabs activated please.
This is how the sheet is set up. If I click action, it adds +4 to the attack roll and +2 the damage rolls. Those are both correct for the creature.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Those are actions - totally different. I emulated exactly what you put in and am getting back exactly what I expect.On Talon "(5)+0+(0)" for attack. Damage is "(1)+(0)+()" Alt damage is "(4)+(1)+(0)+()" Actions expect you to supply the attack and damage yourself. You have 0 in the to hit and no ability modifier added for either. Aarakocra have 4 to hit and +2 to damage. If you are receiving a different format than I showed above then you may have something in the bonuses on the core page.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Moderators please close this topic. I've opened a new one .