Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet

I was also just able to drag Initiative to the macro bar (which is great, because it was driving me mad trying to figure out how to either make my own initiative macro or add the existing one to the macros - I was trying to drag the button to a new macro). The roll works out just fine, but my problem is with the name. In my macro bar it shows up as "Craigellachie Meagaidh: Initiative". And when I tried dragging my main attack to the macro bar it shows up as "Craigellachie Meagaidh: repeating_weapons_ranged_0_weapon" - which is extremely long. I don't need my character name there, and I'd like to just call them "Init" and "Crossbow". But I've tried everything I can think of to change the names in the macro bar and can't figure it out. How do I edit the name in the macro bar so that it's reasonable?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can't when you drag. That is a roll20 thing. You can instead make your own macros and name them appropriately. In the macro text reference the roll. For example make a macro "Initiative" use "%{Craigellachie Meagaidh|Initiative}" for attacks use "%{Craigellachie Meagaidh|repeating_weapons_ranged_0_weapon}"

Edited 1434999413
Oh, Ok. Thanks. We're still in the character creation process (never used Roll20 before), and I've been reading the tutorials on macros but it's mostly double Dutch to me.
Ok, sorry to bug you about this. I know it's not really related to the Character Sheet. But having dragged a button off the CS onto the macro bar, how do I delete it? I can't seem to get rid of the long-named macros.
Mark said: Greg B. said: Character Importer? Nudge Nudge? If only I could become motivated to work on it. It's a lot of work. :( Thanks for the constant interest and complements. I too wish some of the bugs would be fixed. i know its a bit of work, but I think like the Monster importer did it has soooo much potential and if you could give someone an importer/exporter it would be a huge contribution and bring even more people to your awesome sheet to appreciate your hard work.
It's OK - I went to "inspect element" and deleted the relevant lines of code. :) That seems to have sorted it.
Mark said: 18th June 2015 (Dev) Refactored the grid system and cleaned up a lot of CSS - using scss now (also smaller. 59 KB, was 95 KB) (Dev) HTML is compiled to be smaller now (1.24 MB, was 1.63 MB) Removed the old NPC sheet Moved bonuses for Abilities/Saves/Checks/Skills to the Settings tab. @Mark - Couple things, forgive me if this is a great deal of work, I'm hoping these would be minor tweaks / adjustments, but I don't know so I thought I would throw it out there. 1. OLD NPC Sheet - Could you generate a version of your current Shaped Character Sheet which includes the OLD NPC Sheet? Our DM hasn't converted all of his monsters yet to use the Shaped NPC Sheet and our group much prefers to use your sheet to the default (which we ended up using because of all the monster issues) I've setup an old version of the Shaped Sheet as a custom script but I do like the cleanness of the new sheet. Or maybe you can just point me to where in your html/css code I could drop the old npc code? 2. Is their anyway to create a custom script with alterations to work around the inline roll issues that the roll20app is currently experiencing? I'd be happy if its just a 1 of so that I could use the shaped over the default. You could even call it a temp custom tablet sheet. Thanks, Greg
Mark said: I dragged initiative to the macro bar and then clicked and hit up. Mine showed as "%{Dakra|Initiative}". Not sure what you did differently. Getting %{Lander Calben|Initiative} as well but it gives an error in the chat when clicked. The error I noted above. Heather A. said: It's OK - I went to "inspect element" and deleted the relevant lines of code. :) That seems to have sorted it. Hover over to the right of the button you want to remove and you will see a tag appear and your mouse turn to a crosshair. Click and drag it upward from the bar until it turns red then let go. The macro should be removed. H
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Greg B. said: 1. OLD NPC Sheet - Could you generate a version of your current Shaped Character Sheet which includes the OLD NPC Sheet? Our DM hasn't converted all of his monsters yet to use the Shaped NPC Sheet and our group much prefers to use your sheet to the default (which we ended up using because of all the monster issues) I've setup an old version of the Shaped Sheet as a custom script but I do like the cleanness of the new sheet. Or maybe you can just point me to where in your html/css code I could drop the old npc code? 2. Is their anyway to create a custom script with alterations to work around the inline roll issues that the roll20app is currently experiencing? I'd be happy if its just a 1 of so that I could use the shaped over the default. You could even call it a temp custom tablet sheet. #2: Bug has been fixed by roll20 and will be out this week. See <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1982072/#post-21" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1982072/#post-21</a>... #1: I would simply suggest that you guys stay on the old version that has the old npc sheet for now. He could convert them all with my script if it makes it easier. If you want the new sheet with the old NPC that's going to be entirely up to you. You could add the html from the old version yourself (Github has versions). The css part is tricky - it would likely be easier to simply always show the old NPC page when showing NPCs.
Mark said: Greg B. said: 1. OLD NPC Sheet - Could you generate a version of your current Shaped Character Sheet which includes the OLD NPC Sheet? Our DM hasn't converted all of his monsters yet to use the Shaped NPC Sheet and our group much prefers to use your sheet to the default (which we ended up using because of all the monster issues) I've setup an old version of the Shaped Sheet as a custom script but I do like the cleanness of the new sheet. Or maybe you can just point me to where in your html/css code I could drop the old npc code? 2. Is their anyway to create a custom script with alterations to work around the inline roll issues that the roll20app is currently experiencing? I'd be happy if its just a 1 of so that I could use the shaped over the default. You could even call it a temp custom tablet sheet. #2: Bug has been fixed by roll20 and will be out this week. See <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1982072/#post-21" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1982072/#post-21</a>... #1: I would simply suggest that you guys stay on the old version that has the old npc sheet for now. He could convert them all with my script if it makes it easier. If you want the new sheet with the old NPC that's going to be entirely up to you. You could add the html from the old version yourself (Github has versions). The css part is tricky - it would likely be easier to simply always show the old NPC page when showing NPCs. #2. Thats amazing, YAY!!! :) #1: Ok I did suggest that but a couple of the guys like your recent additions a bit too much I think. I don't think that would be an issue with always showing either.. I'll circle back. Thanks much.
@Mark - Hmm is the new html file only suppose to be 232 lines of code? I'm getting weird results when I attempt to uses the latest version with the custom sheet option in my campaign.

Edited 1435072929
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Mark said: 18th June 2015 (Dev) Refactored the grid system and cleaned up a lot of CSS - using scss now (also smaller. 59 KB, was 95 KB) (Dev) HTML is compiled to be smaller now (1.24 MB, was 1.63 MB) Correct. It is all minified to reduce the size. Roll template is still expanded as that is required. You even quoted this change. :P Shouldn't be any issues if you use the new html and new css.

Edited 1435080991
Ok to be clear, I copy the new html and the new scss. The css file is only 1 line now. That is what I get with preview, the character sheet doesn't even load. Its strange.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Html and css, not scss. As noted above both are minified.
Yeah I tried that too but I'll refresh it and try again.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The preview doesn't work.

Edited 1435162128
This is what I get for a character sheet. Update: (removed block of code, per request) If I view the RAW HTML File and hit CTRL-A to highlight it all, when I CTRL-V to paste it in the HTML Layout, this is what I get.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It's the exact same process as normal. Copy html from <a href="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets/master/D%26D_5e_Shaped/D%26D_5e.html" rel="nofollow">https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets/master/D%26D_5e_Shaped/D%26D_5e.html</a> Copy css from <a href="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mlenser/roll20-c" rel="nofollow">https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mlenser/roll20-c</a>... You've copied the html from the roll template and have missed the first line (which is the whole sheet)
Mark said: It's the exact same process as normal. Copy html from <a href="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets/master/D%26D_5e_Shaped/D%26D_5e.html" rel="nofollow">https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets/master/D%26D_5e_Shaped/D%26D_5e.html</a> Copy css from <a href="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mlenser/roll20-c" rel="nofollow">https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mlenser/roll20-c</a>... You've copied the html from the roll template and have missed the first line (which is the whole sheet) Alright, then we have located the issue. This is what Safari sees. This is what Chrome sees. Weird right? Not sure why.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Well that's strange... Seems safari doesn't like lines with thousands of characters and simply just removed it.
Mark said: Well that's strange... Seems safari doesn't like lines with thousands of characters and simply just removed it. Yet its still there but mostly hidden and the css file seemed fine.. Strange.

Edited 1435162059
So I finally got around to testing your new weapons on my iPad via here is Safari Here is chrome browser on ipad. Mimics that of the roll20app no idea what could be the issue, seems consistent though. I'm using an IPad Air, but also tried iPad 3gen and iPad mini. It works fine on my Mac with safari, or chrome and on my pc with chrome.
H said: Heather A. said: It's OK - I went to "inspect element" and deleted the relevant lines of code. :) That seems to have sorted it. Hover over to the right of the button you want to remove and you will see a tag appear and your mouse turn to a crosshair. Click and drag it upward from the bar until it turns red then let go. The macro should be removed. H Oh, thank you. I discovered when I went back in that those buttons were back. But your method got rid of them properly. Cheers!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Greg: No idea why tablet renders those buttons weirdly. We've discussed them several times. Could you also screenshot actions on the same devices? And spells? Or just tell me if they work.
Mark said: @Greg: No idea why tablet renders those buttons weirdly. We've discussed them several times. Could you also screenshot actions on the same devices? And spells? Or just tell me if they work. Yep, sorry that post was from a previous conversation that I owed you a task on. Sure I'll look into this (today) I hope.
Been playing a little now and a few more suggestions. Add an option in the weapons for 2 attacks. It is not always the case that you want to attack the same target but there are a lot of times where you do. Adding this as an option would be beneficial, even if someone wanted to add it separately as a second weapon row, say a weapon for attacking once and the same weapon but for attacking twice. Or maybe two macro buttons with a little x2 by it. We use the class resources in our game a lot. For a fighter, especially, they are great to keep track of superiority dice, action surge, etc. For a sorcerer, sorcery points, etc. It would be nice if these resources were also on the front page so we can easily mark them up and down as we use or rest. It would be great if the page did that by itself but I understand that takes more coding and probably some time to figure that out. I would just like to have them on the front page which really should not be named core stats anymore :) You could put them under the death saves though I understand if you feel that 'column' is more for health type information. Maybe move the resistances/immunities there and put the resources under the weapons section? Just suggestions, feel free to accept or reject. H

Edited 1435154598
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Multiple attacks in 1 macro: I think these are bad by design. For example if you have hunter's mark you need to add it to each. If you have colossus slayer you need to add it to only 1. Other issues occur in that a target may use shield if they see that the attacker is making multiple attacks or that those multiple attacks rolled well. Whereas if you roll them individually they do not have this other metagame info. Sorcery points are on the spellbook page, no need to track them in class resources. Class resources are repeatable. I could hard code a set # to show on the front page..I think Resistances/Immunities needs to stay where it is due to the width of the column - monsters can have a lot of resistances and halving the width makes it very difficult to display. Why should the main page not be called "Core Stats"? What should it be called instead?
Thanks for responding, Mark. If you are not going allow for multiple attacks then I probably need to get the attack/damage macro. I assume I can do this from the html (this is kind of new to me). When I tried to glean it from arrowing up in the chat, the macro is itself encoded to the sheet. I want a macro to allow for multiple attacks from me. I understand your reservations about not including it as an option. As for placement of things on Core Stats, it was my suggestion was just a way to keep 'columns' in that first page with consistent information. Maybe you can add text boxes instead of lines for the resistances. But obviously, if it needs to be where it is, so be it. If you can add the resources, that would be great. I was just stating that the Core Stats now has more than Core Stats. I consider it a kind of Overview page because it has more than just abilities and skills now. But it can remain named for whatever it needs to be. H

Edited 1435155077
Greetings, some information for a problem I had: I have the fighting style "Great weapon fighter", so my damage dice are rerolled. Dice function for great sword damage would be 2d6&lt;2. For the sheet, it seems it has to be written as 2d6r&lt;2.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
2d6ro&lt;2 is the correct syntax.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
H said: If you are not going allow for multiple attacks then I probably need to get the attack/damage macro. I assume I can do this from the html (this is kind of new to me). When I tried to glean it from arrowing up in the chat, the macro is itself encoded to the sheet. I want a macro to allow for multiple attacks from me. I understand your reservations about not including it as an option. You're welcome to create your own macros. There is a thread in the suggestions forum with some 5e macros. If you don't need them in the same header you can reference them individually in your own macro (it can for instance attack twice with a longsword) H said: As for placement of things on Core Stats, it was my suggestion was just a way to keep 'columns' in that first page with consistent information. Maybe you can add text boxes instead of lines for the resistances. But obviously, if it needs to be where it is, so be it. If you can add the resources, that would be great. Please see the screenshot in the OP for a typical representation of a monster with resistances/immunities. Do you have a better idea for how to display that information? A simple input would not show them all at once. Until it can be presented in a better way it can't shrink in size. Maybe icons would be better, though that will break stuff from before. H said: I was just stating that the Core Stats now has more than Core Stats. I consider it a kind of Overview page because it has more than just abilities and skills now. But it can remain named for whatever it needs to be. It is still the core statistics, is it not? It's the core information about the character. Though "Overview" may be a better name.
Mark said: You're welcome to create your own macros. There is a thread in the suggestions forum with some 5e macros. If you don't need them in the same header you can reference them individually in your own macro (it can for instance attack twice with a longsword) I will create a macro but I want to make sure I capture all the things I have put into the sheet for my weapon including the global bonuses. That means I need to know the variable names. I am watching that post to help with that. I just don't know all the names which is why a wiki would also be useful. But I will figure it out. Thanks for listening to my suggestions. H

Edited 1435156926
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I have linked the roll template code on that thread - you see see all the available parameters there. It's pretty easy to read. You can also just roll the weapon and then hit up and copy that. It'll have everything. Not many(2) have asked for a wiki yet so I haven't put in the work. Though it would be nice if someone else did it. :P
Mark said: You can also just roll the weapon and then hit up and copy that. It'll have everything. No, when I do that I get this @{Lander Calben|output_option} &{template:5eDefault} {{attack_roll=1}} {{character_name=@{Lander Calben|character_name}}} @{Lander Calben|show_character_name} {{title=@{Lander Calben|repeating_weapons_melee_0_name}}} {{melee=1}} @{Lander Calben|repeating_weapons_melee_0_macro_options} @{Lander Calben|classactionrangedweapon} @{Lander Calben|repeating_weapons_melee_0_macro} Which does not allow me to parse into another attack easily. I need the inner workings of repeating_weapons_melee_0_macro I think. And maybe you can link the post to which you are refering. I am watching these two which list the template parameters but not the sheet parameters. For example, repeating_weapons_melee_0_dmg or repeating_weapons_melee_crit_range. These the the things I need to put in another attack. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2101003/5e-templ" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2101003/5e-templ</a>... <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2066624/post-you" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2066624/post-you</a>... Again, I will figure it out but thanks again for the helpful suggestions. H
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ah, right.. Ya, if you want multiple attacks you'll have to calculate it all yourself and use the outputall thing.
Hey Mark! Any plans to add a section in the NPC character sheet where we can place their items? Or would it be better to just put that stuff in the info/bio?

Edited 1435165607
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Mark said: Treasure notes could be useful, but in general 5e doesn't list treasure per creature. That's usually written in an adventure or in GM notes imo. I think few GMs would use it on the sheet - too much of a hassle. Addressed it here. I'll add it now. I don't think it's super useful, but since you're the 3rd to ask apparently others do.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
24th June 2015 Added Class Resources to the Core page for PC sheets Added "Loot" to the Core page for NPC sheets
Mark said: 24th June 2015 Added Class Resources to the Core page for PC sheets Added "Loot" to the Core page for NPC sheets Like the additions Mark. I did have an idea though for the Core Page, it could tie into class actions or just be a really quick field to generate a reusable inline roll, maybe with 2 dice (1 for normal Blue) and 1 for Crit Red) idea here is since we are click "Quick Weapons" from the core page a way to generate damage for those 1 / turn abilities would be awesome as well. Example: Sneak Attack, Divine Smite, Colossal Slayer, Divine Strike. {Dice} 2d6 SA Piercing {CritD} {Dice}2d8 DS Radiant {CritD} 1d8 CS Slashing 1d8 DS Lightning I know you can use the class actions to generate a roll on every spell cast, melee attack or ranged attack but a Rogue with an off handed attack, a Paladin with a second attack would still generate extra clutter on every swing. Just a thought. If you put this where the Class Resources are, you can probably push it down a bit and expanded the text there so its a bit longer without throwing the sheet off?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Greg B. said: I did have an idea though for the Core Page, it could tie into class actions or just be a really quick field to generate a reusable inline roll, maybe with 2 dice (1 for normal Blue) and 1 for Crit Red) idea here is since we are click "Quick Weapons" from the core page a way to generate damage for those 1 / turn abilities would be awesome as well. Example: Sneak Attack, Divine Smite, Colossal Slayer, Divine Strike. {Dice} 2d6 SA Piercing {CritD} {Dice}2d8 DS Radiant {CritD} 1d8 CS Slashing 1d8 DS Lightning I know you can use the class actions to generate a roll on every spell cast, melee attack or ranged attack but a Rogue with an off handed attack, a Paladin with a second attack would still generate extra clutter on every swing. Why not just have "Quick class actions"? That's where the sheet expects those kind of things anyways.
Mark said: Greg B. said: I did have an idea though for the Core Page, it could tie into class actions or just be a really quick field to generate a reusable inline roll, maybe with 2 dice (1 for normal Blue) and 1 for Crit Red) idea here is since we are click "Quick Weapons" from the core page a way to generate damage for those 1 / turn abilities would be awesome as well. Example: Sneak Attack, Divine Smite, Colossal Slayer, Divine Strike. {Dice} 2d6 SA Piercing {CritD} {Dice}2d8 DS Radiant {CritD} 1d8 CS Slashing 1d8 DS Lightning I know you can use the class actions to generate a roll on every spell cast, melee attack or ranged attack but a Rogue with an off handed attack, a Paladin with a second attack would still generate extra clutter on every swing. Why not just have "Quick class actions"? That's where the sheet expects those kind of things anyways. Quick Class Actions indeed. Exactly, thats a great simple way of looking at it.. You could even carve out a few of the Range/Melee slots to add that and leave the sheet as it.. Looking forward to the next version. :)

Edited 1435180155
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'll work on adding "Quick Class Actions" tomorrow then. Maybe around 5 of them. Oh, I can't wait for the day until roll20 fixes repeating actions so everything can be like the resources and expand to as many as needed.
Mark said: I'll work on adding "Quick Class Actions" tomorrow then. Maybe around 5 of them. Oh, I can't wait for the day until roll20 fixes repeating actions so everything can be like the resources and expand to as many as needed. Me too!!!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Mark said: I'll work on adding "Quick Class Actions" tomorrow then. Maybe around 5 of them. Oh, I can't wait for the day until roll20 fixes repeating actions so everything can be like the resources and expand to as many as needed. Amen brother.
Dominic said: Greetings, some information for a problem I had: I have the fighting style "Great weapon fighter", so my damage dice are rerolled. Dice function for great sword damage would be 2d6&lt;2. For the sheet, it seems it has to be written as 2d6r&lt;2. Mark said: 2d6ro&lt;2 is the correct syntax. I want to say I had to do this as 1d6ro&lt;2 + 1d6ro&lt;2 to get it working properly.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
MysterX said: I want to say I had to do this as 1d6ro&lt;2 + 1d6ro&lt;2 to get it working properly. You can test it with 2d6ro&lt;6. 2d6ro&lt;2 works correctly.

Edited 1435240027
Hi, now I have a question for a problem I couldn't solve so far... A class ability as effect to a weapon attack - is there a possibility to combine them? At the moment, I use the class ability (in my case: Divine Smite) as spell to get it activated... btw: Is this the combination of "Quick Class Actions" some posts up? Thanks so far for the sheet! ;-)
Dominic said: Hi, now I have a question for a problem I couldn't solve so far... A class ability as effect to a weapon attack - is there a possibility to combine them? At the moment, I use the class ability (in my case: Divine Smite) as spell to get it activated... btw: Is this the combination of "Quick Class Actions" some posts up? Tanks so far for the sheet! ;-) You can tie your class actions to Melee Attacks for divine smite, but since Divine Smite and Sneak Attack are circumstantial you probably don't want them to "roll" with every attack. Its why I suggested the Quick Class Abitlies to be able to click attack, and if you choose to use that ability on that attack you can simply click the Ability with it, and with the quick buttons all on the front page. AWESOME :) Hope that helps.
If you mean by "tie your class actions to..." the option "Show output options?", then I have to say it doesn't function. The output option is shown, but not rolled :-/
Btw.: Can I use the values like "level" in roll-formulas?