Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Post Your Macros Here, pt. 3!

Thank you, everyone! Rob.
Anyone have that Spell macro template that had all the possible elements that could be used in a spell?  I've been searching around the forums and can't find it.  It was generalized with example entries.
Kaelev said: Anyone have that Spell macro template that had all the possible elements that could be used in a spell?  I've been searching around the forums and can't find it.  It was generalized with example entries. Yeah an complete collection of spells would be awesome to have for a game. I was playing in a 5th edition game recently and entering all of the stuff was a pain because I had no clue what all went where. Perhaps some documentation would be useful for individual players, Hell I'm sure that with all the members we have we could have a complete set of spell cards set up in no time. Peace --Miike
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Mike, you can you my spell importer script via the api.
Kaelev said: Anyone have that Spell macro template that had all the possible elements that could be used in a spell?  I've been searching around the forums and can't find it.  It was generalized with example entries. Which sheet are you using and do you mean the template fields for the roll template?
Ed S. said: Kaelev said: Anyone have that Spell macro template that had all the possible elements that could be used in a spell?  I've been searching around the forums and can't find it.  It was generalized with example entries. Which sheet are you using and do you mean the template fields for the roll template? I'm using the Shaped sheet.  Yeah. I think that was the one. It was the script for the macro followed by a screenshot of what it looks like in chat. It had fields like {{title=Spell Name}} {{subheader=Range Spell Range}} and so on. 

Edited 1440515449
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you're using the shaped sheet you can literally import any spell you want with the spell importer. Script thread:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1816031/script-d" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1816031/script-d</a>... This will allow you to import any spell you want to your character sheet.&nbsp;If you have any questions feel free to ask there, or PM me. If you're looking to manually create them so you can put them in macros then you can use the wiki for my sheet:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/DnD5e_Shaped_Character_She" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/DnD5e_Shaped_Character_She</a>... Though I might need to update that based on the very most recent changes. EDIT: Updated the wiki to remove depreciated stuff.
Kaelev said: I'm using the Shaped sheet. &nbsp;Yeah. I think that was the one. It was the script for the macro followed by a screenshot of what it looks like in chat. It had fields like {{title=Spell Name}} {{subheader=Range Spell Range}} and so on.&nbsp; The wiki is not complete but the template section is *mostly* up to date. If you are looking for 5e shaped template fields, try there. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/DnD5e_Shaped_Character_She" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/DnD5e_Shaped_Character_She</a>... H

Edited 1440622737
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Stuff data into decimal places. (e.g. Called Shots for Shadowrun Fifth Edition) ?{Called Shot|Select one:, ?{Select an option&amp;#124;Try again.&amp;#44; 00.0000&amp;#124;Ankle&amp;#44; 01.0801&amp;#124;Ear&amp;#44; 02.1001&amp;#124;Eye&amp;#44; 03.1001&amp;#124;Foot&amp;#44; 04.0801&amp;#124;Forearm&amp;#44; 05.0602&amp;#124;Genitals&amp;#44; 06.1004&amp;#124;Gut&amp;#44; 07.0608&amp;#124;Hand&amp;#44; 08.0801&amp;#124;Hip&amp;#44; 09.0603&amp;#124;Jaw&amp;#44; 10.0802&amp;#124;Knee&amp;#44; 11.0801&amp;#124;Neck&amp;#44; 12.0810&amp;#124;Shin&amp;#44; 13.0602&amp;#124;Shoulder/Upper Arm&amp;#44; 14.0603&amp;#124;Sternum&amp;#44; 15.1010&amp;#124;Thigh&amp;#44; 16.0603 &amp;#124;&amp;#124; Blast out of Hands&amp;#44; 17.0400&amp;#124;Dirty Trick&amp;#44; 10.0400&amp;#124;Harder Knock&amp;#44; 19.04&amp;#124;Knock Down (Melee Only)&amp;#44; 20.04&amp;#124;Shake Up&amp;#44; 21.04&amp;#124;Splitting the Damage&amp;#44; 22.04&amp;#124;Trick Shot&amp;#44; 23.04&amp;#124;Vitals&amp;#44; 24.04 &amp;#124;&amp;#124; Engine Block&amp;#44; 25.04&amp;#124;Fuel Tank/Battery&amp;#44; 26.04&amp;#124;Axle&amp;#44; 27.0606&amp;#124;Antenna&amp;#44; 28.0802&amp;#124;Door Lock&amp;#44; 29.0600&amp;#124;Window Motor&amp;#44; 30.0400&amp;#125;|Ankle, 01.0801|Ear, 02.1001|Eye, 03.1001|Foot, 04.0801|Forearm, 05.0602|Genitals, 06.1004|Gut, 07.0608|Hand, 08.0801|Hip, 09.0603|Jaw, 10.0802|Knee, 11.0801|Neck, 12.0810|Shin, 13.0602|Shoulder/Upper Arm, 14.0603|Sternum, 15.1010|Thigh, 16.0603 || Blast out of Hands, 17.0400|Dirty Trick, 10.0400|Harder Knock, 19.04|Knock Down (Melee Only), 20.04|Shake Up, 21.04|Splitting the Damage, 22.04|Trick Shot, 23.04|Vitals, 24.04 || Engine Block, 25.04|Fuel Tank/Battery, 26.04|Axle, 27.0606|Antenna, 28.0802|Door Lock, 29.0600|Window Motor, 30.0400} AB.xxxx (e.g. PowerCards Roll ID value) = [[ [$RollID] floor(?{Called Shot}) + 0d0 ]] xx.CDxx (e.g. Called Shot modifier) = [[round(1e2*(?{Called Shot} - floor(?{Called Shot})))]] xx.xxEF (e.g. DV limit) = [[round(1e2*(1e2*?{Called Shot} - floor(1e2*?{Called Shot})))]]

Edited 1440783511
I absolutely love the idea of a menu in chat for the PC's like your v3 macros on imgur, though its just too clunky. It's moderately easy setting it up, but it just bugs out at random times for no reason. One moment it'll work and the next it'll just freak out, put nothing in a menu and roll for/activate everything else in the macro. It stays this way for a few minutes and then suddenly works again. So weird. I guess I'll make a few drop-down macros as token actions. Will post when I feel I've got something cool. Thanks for the inspiration :) EDIT: Nevermind, its impossible (for now) to call a query on any ability that has a roll template. Back to square 1...
PiecE said: I absolutely love the idea of a menu in chat for the PC's like your v3 macros on imgur, though its just too clunky. It's moderately easy setting it up, but it just bugs out at random times for no reason. One moment it'll work and the next it'll just freak out, put nothing in a menu and roll for/activate everything else in the macro. It stays this way for a few minutes and then suddenly works again. So weird. I guess I'll make a few drop-down macros as token actions. Will post when I feel I've got something cool. Thanks for the inspiration :) EDIT: Nevermind, its impossible (for now) to call a query on any ability that has a roll template. Back to square 1... Yeah, it's unfortunately impossible to call a macro from a dropdown. The Chat Menu buttons do work, but you can only call them from inside of token actions on the abilities page, they won't work from the Macro bar in the tools section. The html entities that they are made up of get converted when you try and save them in a regular macro. So that may be where you were seeing the weird behavior. I have also tried using rollable tables to call macros and menu buttons, those don't work either, it all has to do with the order of operation. I did find that I could go the other way and use a menu button inside a roll-template to call a rollable table I used this technique for the confusion spell. In the Effects section of the spell I entered [Confusion](! #Confusion) and I made a macro called Confusion and used that to call a rollable table simply: ***@{target|token_name} is confused.*** [[1t[Confusion]]] Then all I had do to was make up a table called Confusion with the weighted outcomes of the spell effect in it. It ends up looking like this when cast: Now when the spell is cast I just need to click the pink button for each effected creature and find out how they are effected for that turn. Those API button things are pretty useful. Being able to call a list of macros from a pull down would be great, its just not how they work.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
It is, however, possible to nest the contents of a macro within a roll query. If you are unable to call your macro from a roll query, that's an indication that the contents of that macro contain characters that conflict with the syntax of roll queries. Replacing such characters (along with a few choice others) with HTML entities would allow you to place the contents of said macro within a roll query within an ability macro.
You know, Silvyre, I did try that a couple times, but I just couldn't get it to work. I converted all the offending syntax to their prospective html entities, using MS Word to find and replace and when I ran the macro it just didn't work every time.&nbsp; Granted my macros are usually complex roll-templates with queries of their own, but even my simpler macros seemed to choke when I tried to put in all in one part of a drop down. I have only had consistent success with drop-down queries being utilized within a section of a roll-template rather than building an entire roll template inside the query.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Would you mind posting a macro or two that's granting you trouble? I might be able to isolate the issue(s).
Well it's the spells that I wanted drop downs for mostly, like all the character's 1st level spells. I didn't save any of my experiments. Let me see I will post two macros and you can see if you can get them into a dropdown and get them both to work.&nbsp;
Ok here is my macro for Magic missile. I'm using the standard D&D 5e sheet. &{template:5eDefault} {{spell=1}} {{title=Magic Missile}} {{subheader=@{selected|character_name}}} {{subheaderright=Evocation Level 1}}} {{subheader2= Range 120'}} {{subheaderright2=Level ?{Spell Slot Level|1} spell slot}} {{emote= [[?{Spell Slot Level|1}+2]] glowing darts shoot forth...}} {{spellshowdamage=1}} {{spelldamage= [[(?{Number of missiles at @{target|Target#1|token_name}|1})d4+(?{Number of missiles at @{target|Target#1|token_name}|1})+(@{selected|global_spell_damage_bonus})]] Force}} {{spellshoweffects=1}} {{spelleffect= @{target|Target#1|token_name} struck by ?{Number of missiles at @{target|Target#1|token_name}|1} darts!}} {{damage = [[(?{Number of missiles at @{target|Target#2|token_name}|1})d4 + (?{Number of missiles at @{target|Target#2|token_name}|1}) + (@{selected|global_spell_damage_bonus})]] Force}} {{effect = @{target|Target#2|token_name} struck by ?{Number of missiles at @{target|Target#2|token_name}|1} darts!}} {{damage =[[(?{Number of missiles at @{target|Target#3|token_name}|1})d4+(?{Number of missiles at @{target|Target#3|token_name}|1}) + (@{selected|global_spell_damage_bonus})]] Force}} {{effect = @{target|Target#3|token_name} struck by ?{Number of missiles at @{target|Target#3|token_name}|1} darts!}} {{spellcasttime=1 Action}} {{spellduration=Instantaneous}} {{Spell link=[Magic Missile](<a href="http://journal.roll20.net/handout/-JkjojrbcU9kW4xlhOKN" rel="nofollow">http://journal.roll20.net/handout/-JkjojrbcU9kW4xlhOKN</a>)}} {{spelltarget=Creature or creatures}} {{spellrange=120'}} {{spellgainedfrom=Wizard}} {{spellcomponents=V,S}} @{selected|classactionspellcast} And here is sleep. &{template:5eDefault} {{spell=1}} {{title=Sleep}} {{subheader=@{Selected|character_name}}} {{subheaderright=Enchantment Level 1}} {{subheader2=Range 90'}} {{subheaderright2=Level ?{Spell Slot Level|1} spell slot }} {{emote= @{Selected|token_name} throws sand into the air to induce a magical slumber...}} {{spellshoweffects=1}} {{spelleffect=[[((?{Spell Slot Level|1}*2)+3)d8]] Hit points worth of creatures fall **[Unconcious](<a href="http://journal.roll20.net/handout/-Jih-8F8KYpoGpmJTu8t)**" rel="nofollow">http://journal.roll20.net/handout/-Jih-8F8KYpoGpmJTu8t)**</a> }} {{area= 20' Radius}} {{Duration= **1 Minute**, or until awoken.}} {{Spell link=[Sleep](<a href="http://journal.roll20.net/handout/-Jkwq_6LxpQ5vdOAPpWj)}}{{spellcasttime=1" rel="nofollow">http://journal.roll20.net/handout/-Jkwq_6LxpQ5vdOAPpWj)}}{{spellcasttime=1</a> Action}} {{spellduration=1 minute}} {{spelltarget=20' radius}} {{spellrange=90'}} {{spellgainedfrom=Wizard}} {{spellcomponents=V, S, M (a pinch of fine sand, rose petals, or a cricket)}} @{Selected|classactionspellcast} If you can get them both to work off of a single dropdown query I will be amazed.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
&{template:5eDefault} {{spell=1}} {{spellshowdamage=1}} {{spellshoweffects=1}} {{subheader=@{selected|character_name}}} {{subheaderright2=Level ?{Spell Slot Level|1} spell slot}} ?{Spell|Choose one:,|Magic Missile,{{title=Magic Missile&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{subheaderright=Evocation Level 1&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{subheader2= Range 120'&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{emote= [[&amp;#63;{Spell Slot Level&amp;#125;+2]] glowing dart(s) shoot forth...&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{@{target|Target#1|token_name} is struck by...= **&amp;#63;{Number of missiles at @{target|Target#1|token_name}&amp;#124;1&amp;#125;** dart(s) for [[(&amp;#63;{Number of missiles at @{target|Target#1|token_name}&amp;#124;1&amp;#125;)d4+(&amp;#63;{Number of missiles at @{target|Target#1|token_name}&amp;#125;)+(@{selected|global_spell_damage_bonus})]] force damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{@{target|Target#2|token_name} is struck by...= **&amp;#63;{Number of missiles at @{target|Target#2|token_name}&amp;#124;1&amp;#125;** dart(s) for [[(&amp;#63;{Number of missiles at @{target|Target#2|token_name}&amp;#124;1&amp;#125;)d4+(&amp;#63;{Number of missiles at @{target|Target#2|token_name}&amp;#125;)+(@{selected|global_spell_damage_bonus})]] force damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{@{target|Target#3|token_name} is struck by...= **&amp;#63;{Number of missiles at @{target|Target#3|token_name}&amp;#124;1&amp;#125;** dart(s) for [[(&amp;#63;{Number of missiles at @{target|Target#3|token_name}&amp;#124;1&amp;#125;)d4+(&amp;#63;{Number of missiles at @{target|Target#3|token_name}&amp;#125;)+(@{selected|global_spell_damage_bonus})]] force damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{spellcasttime=1 Action&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{spellduration=Instantaneous&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Spell link=[Magic Missile](<a href="http://journal.roll20.net/handout/-JkjojrbcU9kW4xlhOKN)&amp;#125;&amp;#125" rel="nofollow">http://journal.roll20.net/handout/-JkjojrbcU9kW4xlhOKN)&amp;#125;&amp;#125</a>; {{spelltarget=Creature or creatures&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{spellrange=120'&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{spellgainedfrom=Wizard&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{spellcomponents=V,S&amp;#125;&amp;#125;|Sleep,{{title=Sleep&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{subheaderright=Enchantment Level 1&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{subheader2=Range 90'&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{emote= @{Selected|token_name} throws sand into the air to induce a magical slumber...&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{spelleffect=[[((&amp;#63;{Spell Slot Level&amp;#125;*2)+3)d8]] Hit points worth of creatures fall **[Unconscious](<a href="http://journal.roll20.net/handout/-Jih-8F8KYpoGpmJTu8t)**" rel="nofollow">http://journal.roll20.net/handout/-Jih-8F8KYpoGpmJTu8t)**</a> &amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{area= 20' Radius&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Duration= **1 Minute**&amp;#44; or until awoken.&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Spell link=[Sleep](<a href="http://journal.roll20.net/handout/-Jkwq_6LxpQ5vdOAPpWj)&amp;#125;&amp;#125" rel="nofollow">http://journal.roll20.net/handout/-Jkwq_6LxpQ5vdOAPpWj)&amp;#125;&amp;#125</a>; {{spellcasttime=1 Action&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{spellduration=1 minute&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{spelltarget=20' radius&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{spellrange=90'&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{spellgainedfrom=Wizard&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{spellcomponents=V, S, M (a pinch of fine sand, rose petals, or a cricket)&amp;#125;&amp;#125;} @{selected|classactionspellcast} Due to the order of operations , attributes (including those with the "selected" or "targeted" keywords) must be resolved and expanded before any roll queries can begin execution. Consequently, you are unfortunately stuck with choosing targets [for Magic Missile], even if your intent is to cast Sleep.
PiecE said: I absolutely love the idea of a menu in chat for the PC's like your v3 macros on imgur, though its just too clunky. It's moderately easy setting it up, but it just bugs out at random times for no reason. One moment it'll work and the next it'll just freak out, put nothing in a menu and roll for/activate everything else in the macro. It stays this way for a few minutes and then suddenly works again. So weird. I guess I'll make a few drop-down macros as token actions. Will post when I feel I've got something cool. Thanks for the inspiration :) EDIT: Nevermind, its impossible (for now) to call a query on any ability that has a roll template. Back to square 1... It'll work when you copy and paste the macro code in for the first time and then save it. If you re-open it later and save it, then you'll get the bug outs like you experience, I had it too. x.x The alternative is also to use the abilities on a character sheet, that works too.

Edited 1440837087
Ed S. said: PiecE said: I absolutely love the idea of a menu in chat for the PC's like your v3 macros on imgur, though its just too clunky. It's moderately easy setting it up, but it just bugs out at random times for no reason. One moment it'll work and the next it'll just freak out, put nothing in a menu and roll for/activate everything else in the macro. It stays this way for a few minutes and then suddenly works again. So weird. I guess I'll make a few drop-down macros as token actions. Will post when I feel I've got something cool. Thanks for the inspiration :) EDIT: Nevermind, its impossible (for now) to call a query on any ability that has a roll template. Back to square 1... Yeah, it's unfortunately impossible to call a macro from a dropdown. The Chat Menu buttons do work, but you can only call them from inside of token actions on the abilities page, they won't work from the Macro bar in the tools section. The html entities that they are made up of get converted when you try and save them in a regular macro. So that may be where you were seeing the weird behavior. ... Okay so for the Menu Macros, I just save the same macro in the abilities page on the journals tab and make them token actions from there? The main goal I'm trying to achieve is to make combat easier and quicker. While DnD isn't a quick hack-n-slash rush game like Diablo, I find that people, or the ones I play with at least, lose interest when it comes to the whole process of opening the sheet and doing everything from there. To increase immersion, I've opted to make use of the 3D dice without them automatically rolling as that is where most of the magic lies in my opinion - rolling dice. As taken from Toothless' V3 Macros , this macro calls Initiative , the first 4 Class Actions , the 1st Melee Weapon and the 1st Ranged Weapon . What I'm trying to add here are all the skill throws and then saving throws as well as a button that outputs all the attribute modifiers . Hopefully it won't get too clunky... /w "@{selected|character_name}" &{template:5eDefault} {{ability=1}} {{title=@{selected|character_name}}} {{subheader=Menu}} {{freetext=━━ **Initiative** ━━ [Initiative](! %{selected|initiative}) ━━ **Class Actions** ━━ [@{selected|classactionname1}](! %{selected|classaction1}) [@{selected|classactionname2}](! %{selected|classaction2}) [@{selected|classactionname3}](! %{selected|classaction3}) [@{selected|classactionname4}](! %{selected|classaction4}) &nbsp;━━ **Melee** ━━ [@{selected|repeating_weapons_melee_0_name}](! %{selected|repeating_weapons_melee_0_weapon}) ━━ **Ranged** ━━ [@{selected|repeating_weapons_ranged_0_name}](! %{selected|repeating_weapons_ranged_0_weapon})}} PS: I'm not as code savvy as most of you are but I hope someone finds this useful :) Ill update the macro when I have more to add, might not happen today though. EDIT: tried adding [Acrobatics](!%{selected|Acrobatics_Check}) before the closing }} brackets and it broke the macro. gotta wait 20 or so minutes (for some apparent reason) for the macro reverted back from this change to work again... Why is it acting like this? EDIT2: [Acrobatics]([[1d20 + @{selected|acrobatics}]]) didn't work either.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Try this. /w "@{selected|character_name}" &{template:5eDefault} {{ability=1}} {{title=@{selected|character_name}}} {{subheader=Menu}} {{freetext= ━━ **Initiative** ━━ [Initiative](!&amp;#13;&amp;#37;{selected|initiative}) ━━ **Class Actions** ━━ [@{selected|classactionname1}](!&amp;#13;&amp;#37;{selected|classaction1}) [@{selected|classactionname2}](!&amp;#13;&amp;#37;{selected|classaction2}) [@{selected|classactionname3}](!&amp;#13;&amp;#37;{selected|classaction3}) [@{selected|classactionname4}](!&amp;#13;&amp;#37;{selected|classaction4}) &nbsp;━━ **Melee** ━━ [@{selected|repeating_weapons_melee_0_name}](!&amp;#13;&amp;#37;{selected|repeating_weapons_melee_0_weapon}) ━━ **Ranged** ━━ [@{selected|repeating_weapons_ranged_0_name}](!&amp;#13;&amp;#37;{selected|repeating_weapons_ranged_0_weapon}) ━━ **Skills** ━━ [Acrobatics](!&amp;#13;&amp;#37;{selected|Acrobatics_Check})}}
Thank you for your effort Silvyre, but it just didn't work. I put the code into a token action and it does cast Sleep, but the MM doesn't output the damage or the targets. It's alright though, I have other ways of doing things. I just thought I would let you have a go at it.&nbsp;

Edited 1440868700
Silvyre's version is correct PiecE. What you have is the result after you clicked Save Changes on your macro, which works when running it, but does NOT work when transferring it over. ^^

Edited 1442356563
I thought it might be helpful to detail my workflow for creating a drop-down query for a spell book, as an Ability action. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Drop-down Menu Output NOTES: Avoid other Roll Queries within the individual spells.&nbsp; It just causes a mess of prompts and nested issues.There's ways to do it, but more often than not you'll introduce a hard-to-find error. I always create stand-alone versions of each spell as their own ability first.&nbsp; Drop-down Spellbooks are evil incarnate to tweak after they're made, and you want to have a regular macro ready if something goes FUBAR mid-game. I use my own attributes and don't refer back to the Character Sheet. Don't try to do this as a Macro.&nbsp; Every time you open a macro to edit, all HTML Entities are lost.&nbsp; Journal Abilities don't have this problem. As far as Pathfinder goes; I keep track of spells prepared and spell slots left in plain text on the bio&info page. So the "SpellBook" contains more spells than are neccesarily available. In Notepad, I start laying out the core code before any of the spell template code is placed: &{template:pf_attack} {{name= ?{Level 3 Spells| Dispel Magic,&nbsp; | Fireball,&nbsp; | Hold Person,&nbsp; | Twilight Knife, }&nbsp; }} Then I take the stand-alone versions of the spells I want (I only bother macro'ing combat spells) and paste them further down&nbsp; somewhere below the layout template to make plenty of visual space to work with: &{template:pf_generic} {{name=Dispel Magic: ***[Link]( <a href="http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/dispel-magic)***" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/dispel-magic)***</a>} } {{Rng:[[100 + (10*@{MyLevel} ) ]]=*Spell, Target, or Item*}} {{Targeted Dispel[[1d20 + @{MyLevel} ]]=**vs Spell** *(11 + Spell's CL)*}}{{Success=**Spell Ends**}}{{Failure=*Target Next Spell*}}{{Suppress Item[[1d20 + @{MyLevel}]]=*vs Item* *(11+item CL)*}}{{Suppress Duration=[[1d4]] *rds*}} &{template:pf_attack} {{name=Fireball: ***[Link]( <a href="http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/f/fireball)***" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/f/fireball)***</a>} } {{Concen:[[1d20+@{MyConcentration}]]=**Wild:**[[1d1000]]}} {{Rng:[[700 + (10*@{MyLevel} ) ]]=[[20]] ft Radius}} {{Dur: n/a =**SR:** [[1d20 + @{MyLevel} ]] }}{{DC: [[10 + 3 + @{MyInt} +1 ]]= **Ref (Half)**}}{{Fireball:=[[@{MyLevel}d6]] *Fire Dmg*}}{{Empower:=[[ floor( (@{MyLevel}d6)*1.5 ) ]] *Fire Dmg*}} {{*Sets fire to combustibles.= Damages unattended obj.*}} &{template:pf_attack} {{name=Hold Person ***[Link]( <a href="http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/hold-person)***" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/hold-person)***</a>} } {{Concen:[[1d20+@{MyConcentration}]]=**Wild:**[[1d1000]]}} {{Rng:[[100 + (10*@{MyLevel} ) ]]=**Humanoid**}} {{Dur: [[@{MyLevel} ]] rd =**SR:** [[1d20 + @{MyLevel} ]] }}{{DC: [[10 + 3 + @{MyInt} +2 ]]= **Will(Neg)**}}{{Effect=***[Paralyzed]( <a href="http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/conditions#TOC-Paralyzed)***" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/conditions#TOC-Paralyzed)***</a>} } &{template:pf_attack} {{name=Twilight Knife ***[Link]( <a href="http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/t/twilight-knife)***" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/t/twilight-knife)***</a>} } {{Concen:[[1d20+@{MyConcentration}]]=**Wild:**[[1d1000]]}} {{Rng:[[400 + (40*@{MyLevel} ) ]]=[[120]] **ft(sight)**}} {{Dur: [[@{MyLevel} ]] rd(D)=**SR:** [[1d20 + @{MyLevel} ]] }}{{Hit=[[1d20cs&gt;19 + @{MyInt}[Int] + @{MyBAB}[BAB] +0[WeaponBonus] ]] vs AC}}{{Dmg=[[1d4 + @{MyStr}[Str] + 0[WeaponBonus] ]] }} {{Confirm=[[1d20 +0[CritFocus] + @{MyStr}[Str] + @{MyBAB}[BAB] +0[WeaponBonus] ]] vs AC}}{{CritDmg= [[1d4 + @{MyStr}[Str] + 0[WeaponBonus] ]]}} {{Sneak Attack=[[1d6]]}}{{*Succesfull SR*=*Dispels Knife*}} I then remove the "&{template:pf_generic} {{name=" and very last pair of "}}" from each one. Hold Person ***[Link]( <a href="http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/hold-person)***" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/hold-person)***</a>} } {{Concen:[[1d20+@{MyConcentration}]]=**Wild:**[[1d1000]]}} {{Rng:[[100 + (10*@{MyLevel} ) ]]=**Humanoid**}} {{Dur: [[@{MyLevel} ]] rd =**SR:** [[1d20 + @{MyLevel} ]] }}{{DC: [[10 + 3 + @{MyInt} +2 ]]= **Will(Neg)**}}{{Effect=***[Paralyzed]( <a href="http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/conditions#TOC-Paralyzed)***" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/conditions#TOC-Paralyzed)***</a> I then use Notepad's "Find/Replace" function, to replace the following symbols throughout the modified spell code:( minus the quotes ) Find: "{{" Replace with Find: "}}"&nbsp; Replace with Find: ","&nbsp; Replace with This leaves me with drop-down friendly code for each spell.( displayed as an image so you see the HTML entities ) I then copy/paste each chunk of code back into the layout template I started with, and put that unholy mess into a Journal Ability.

Edited 1440893595
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Ed S. said: MM doesn't output the damage or the targets. Oh, right. You're using Actoba's sheet. &{template:5eDefault} {{spell=1}} {{outputall=1}} {{subheader=@{selected|character_name}}} {{subheaderright2=Level ?{Spell Slot Level|1} spell slot}} ?{Spell|Choose one:,|Magic Missile,{{title=Magic Missile&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{subheaderright=Evocation Level 1&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{subheader2= Range 120'&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{emote= [[&amp;#63;{Spell Slot Level&amp;#125;+2]] glowing dart(s) shoot forth...&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{@{target|Target#1|token_name} is struck by...= **&amp;#63;{Number of missiles at @{target|Target#1|token_name}&amp;#124;1&amp;#125;** dart(s) for [[(&amp;#63;{Number of missiles at @{target|Target#1|token_name}&amp;#124;1&amp;#125;)d4+(&amp;#63;{Number of missiles at @{target|Target#1|token_name}&amp;#125;)+(@{selected|global_spell_damage_bonus})]] force damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{@{target|Target#2|token_name} is struck by...= **&amp;#63;{Number of missiles at @{target|Target#2|token_name}&amp;#124;1&amp;#125;** dart(s) for [[(&amp;#63;{Number of missiles at @{target|Target#2|token_name}&amp;#124;1&amp;#125;)d4+(&amp;#63;{Number of missiles at @{target|Target#2|token_name}&amp;#125;)+(@{selected|global_spell_damage_bonus})]] force damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{@{target|Target#3|token_name} is struck by...= **&amp;#63;{Number of missiles at @{target|Target#3|token_name}&amp;#124;1&amp;#125;** dart(s) for [[(&amp;#63;{Number of missiles at @{target|Target#3|token_name}&amp;#124;1&amp;#125;)d4+(&amp;#63;{Number of missiles at @{target|Target#3|token_name}&amp;#125;)+(@{selected|global_spell_damage_bonus})]] force damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{spellcasttime=1 Action&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{spellduration=Instantaneous&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Spell link=[Magic Missile](<a href="http://journal.roll20.net/handout/-JkjojrbcU9kW4xlhOKN)&amp;#125;&amp;#125" rel="nofollow">http://journal.roll20.net/handout/-JkjojrbcU9kW4xlhOKN)&amp;#125;&amp;#125</a>; {{spelltarget=Creature or creatures&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{spellrange=120'&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{spellgainedfrom=Wizard&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{spellcomponents=V,S&amp;#125;&amp;#125;|Sleep,{{title=Sleep&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{subheaderright=Enchantment Level 1&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{subheader2=Range 90'&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{emote= @{Selected|token_name} throws sand into the air to induce a magical slumber...&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{spelleffect=[[((&amp;#63;{Spell Slot Level&amp;#125;*2)+3)d8]] Hit points worth of creatures fall **[Unconscious](<a href="http://journal.roll20.net/handout/-Jih-8F8KYpoGpmJTu8t)**" rel="nofollow">http://journal.roll20.net/handout/-Jih-8F8KYpoGpmJTu8t)**</a> &amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{area= 20' Radius&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Duration= **1 Minute**&amp;#44; or until awoken.&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Spell link=[Sleep](<a href="http://journal.roll20.net/handout/-Jkwq_6LxpQ5vdOAPpWj)&amp;#125;&amp;#125" rel="nofollow">http://journal.roll20.net/handout/-Jkwq_6LxpQ5vdOAPpWj)&amp;#125;&amp;#125</a>; {{spellcasttime=1 Action&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{spellduration=1 minute&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{spelltarget=20' radius&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{spellrange=90'&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{spellgainedfrom=Wizard&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{spellcomponents=V, S, M (a pinch of fine sand, rose petals, or a cricket)&amp;#125;&amp;#125;} &amp;#13; Yeah, forget it. I avoid writing macros for deprecated content.
Mark G. said: I thought it might be helpful to detail my workflow for creating a drop-down query for a spell book, as an Ability action. &nbsp; &nbsp; Mark Thanks for sharing this. I am playing as a cleric in a pathfinder game, and I made a macro for cure wound spell. &{template:pf_attack} {{header_image_melee=[Melee](<a href="http://i.imgur.com/1QEl2bG.png)}}{{character_name=@{Walter" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/1QEl2bG.png)}}{{character_name=@{Walter</a> Hopton|character_name}}}{{character_id=@{Walter Hopton|character_id}}}{{name=Casts Cure Light Wounds}} {{@{target|character_name} Heals =[[1d8+5}]] HP &nbsp; }} Which outputs this:&nbsp; After reading your post got me thinking can I use a drop down menu to call each spell, something like this. Can I use a drop menu like this? Cheers Frank
From " name=?{Cure Spell|Cure Light,Cure Light Wounds " start replacing the {{ and }} curly braces with the HTML Entities. (Don't forget to correct the Cure bonus based on level.&nbsp; Macroing in your character level would be a good idea here) &{template:pf_attack}{{header_image_melee=[Melee](<a href="http://i.imgur.com/1QEl2bG.png)}}{{character_name=@{Walter" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/1QEl2bG.png)}}{{character_name=@{Walter</a> Hopton|character_name}}}{{character_id=@{Walter Hopton|character_id}}}{{name=?{Cure Spell|Cure Light,Cure Light Wounds }} {{@{target|character_name} Heals =[[1d8+5]] HP | Cure Moderate, Cure Moderate Wounds}} {{@{target|character_name} Heals =[[2d8+10]] HP| Cure Serious, Cure Serious Wounds}} {{@{target|character_name} Heals =[[3d8+10]] HP| Cure Critical, Cure Critical Wounds}} {{@{target|character_name} Heals =[[4d8+10]] HP| Heal, Cure Heal}} {{ @{target|character_name} Heals =Full HP| Mass Cure Light, Mass Cure Light Wounds}} {{ All Targets Heal=[[1d8+5]] HP } }} (Image version to show HTML Entities)
Mark G. said: (Image version to show HTML Entities) Mark thanks you some much for this worked a treat. Yep got to add the levels. Cheers Frank
Mark I can get the levels bonus to work in single macros &{template:pf_attack} {{header_image_melee=[Melee](<a href="http://i.imgur.com/1QEl2bG.png)}}{{character_name=@{Walter" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/1QEl2bG.png)}}{{character_name=@{Walter</a> Hopton|character_name}}}{{character_id=@{Walter Hopton|character_id}}}{{name=Casts Cure Moderate Wounds}} {{@{target|character_name} Heals = [[1d8+{5, @{spellclass-0-level-total}}kl1]] HP &nbsp; }} But when I replace&nbsp;[[1d8+5]] HP with&nbsp;[[1d8+{5, @{spellclass-0-level-total}}kl1]] I get this. I did replace the two&nbsp;}} between&nbsp;total}}kl1, but got another fault "No character was found for 'spellclass-0-level-total{{kl1]] HP '" Not sure weather the problem is with&nbsp;@{spellclass-0-level-total}, have also tried&nbsp;@{MyLevel} but this didn't work either. Thanks for all your help. Cheers Frank

Edited 1440940806
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Frank D. said: Not sure weather the problem is with&nbsp;@{spellclass-0-level-total} It is. By replacing @{spellclass-0-level-total} with @{spellclass-0-level-total&amp;#125; you are damaging the attribute. Instead, replace }kl1 with &amp;#125;kl1 I'll also mention that it's generally not necessary to replace the { character for the purposes of nesting roll templates within roll queries.
Silvyre said: Frank D. said: Not sure weather the problem is with&nbsp;@{spellclass-0-level-total} It is. By replacing @{spellclass-0-level-total} with @{spellclass-0-level-total&#125; you are damaging the attribute. Instead, replace }kl1 with &#125;kl1 I'll also mention that it's generally not necessary to replace the { character for the purposes of nesting roll templates within roll queries. Thanks for the help Silvyre but I replaced&nbsp;}kl1 with&nbsp;}kl1 still getting this Cheers Frank
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Oh. Right. You'll also need to replace the comma in 1d8+{5 , with &amp;#44;

Edited 1440944243
{{ ,&nbsp; }} ,&nbsp; commas,&nbsp; and pipes are all reserved characters as far as this method goes, and have to be replaced by HTML Entities. Basically, any character that the drop-down query uses itself has to be replaced.
Silvyre said: Oh. Right. You'll also need to replace the comma in 1d8+{5 , with &#44; Mark G. said: {{ ,&nbsp; }} ,&nbsp; commas,&nbsp; and pipes are all reserved characters as far as this method goes, and have to be replaced by HTML Entities. Basically, any character that the drop-down query uses itself has to be replaced. Thanks Silvyre and Mark Comma needed changing and need to add two So it looks like this:&nbsp;Heals = [[1d8+{5 @{spellclass-0-level-total kl1]] HP But its still not correct as I am getting result over 13 which I shouldn't, but this has something to do with the 5 and kl1 Cheers Frank Cheers Frank
Silvyre
Forum Champion
{{@{target|character_name} Heals = [[1d8+{5&amp;#44; @{spellclass-0-level-total}&amp;#125;kl1]] HP &amp;#125;&amp;#125;
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I would also suggest adding spaces around (before and after) the inline's double brackets [[ ]]. &nbsp;I have seen it many times were part of the macro shows up in the output like your example. &nbsp;There is an issue with inline rolls and roll templates, compunded with nested inlines and/or multiple rolls within the same macro, but adding the spaces has solved it.

Edited 1441387034
Silvyre said: {{@{target|character_name} Heals = [[1d8+{5, @{spellclass-0-level-total}}kl1]] HP }} How do you get the&nbsp; HTML Entities 125 125 to work in the code box on the forum. &amp;#125;&amp;&125;&amp;#44;&amp;#123;
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Try this out, as an Ability Macro. &amp;{template:pf_attack} {{header_image_melee=[Melee](<a href="http://i.imgur.com/1QEl2bG.png" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/1QEl2bG.png</a>)}} {{character_name=@{Walter Hopton|character_name}}} {{character_id=@{Walter Hopton|character_id}}} {{name=?{Cure Spell|Cure Light,Cure Light Wounds &amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{@{target|character_name} Heals =[[ floor(1.5*(1d8+{5&amp;#44; @{Walter Hopton|spellclass-0-level-total}&amp;#125;kl1)) ]] HP | Cure Moderate, Cure Moderate Wounds&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{@{target|character_name} Heals =[[ floor(1.5*(2d8+{10&amp;#44; @{Walter Hopton|spellclass-0-level-total}&amp;#125;kl1)) ]] HP|Cure Serious, Cure Serious Wounds&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{@{target|character_name} Heals =[[ floor(1.5*(3d8+{15&amp;#44; @{Walter Hopton|spellclass-0-level-total}&amp;#125;kl1)) ]] HP|Cure Critical, Cure Critical Wounds&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{@{target|character_name} Heals =[[ floor(1.5*(4d8+{20&amp;#44; @{Walter Hopton|spellclass-0-level-total}&amp;#125;kl1)) ]] HP|Wand of Cure Light,Use his Wand of Cure Light Wounds&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{ @{target|character_name} Heals =[[ 1d8+5 ]] HP } }}
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Frank D. said: How do you get the&nbsp; HTML Entities 125 125 to work in the code box on the forum. I type the HTML entity in the chat, and then substitute the & part of the entity with &amp;amp; to ensure that the &amp;amp; is converted, and not the &amp;#125; So, all of my entities look like &amp;amp;#125; before I submitted my post.
Silvyre said: Try this out, as an Ability Macro. &{template:pf_attack} {{header_image_melee=[Melee](<a href="http://i.imgur.com/1QEl2bG.png" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/1QEl2bG.png</a>)}} {{character_name=@{Walter Hopton|character_name}}} {{character_id=@{Walter Hopton|character_id}}} {{name=?{Cure Spell|Cure Light,Cure Light Wounds &#125;&#125; {{@{target|character_name} Heals =[[ floor(1.5*(1d8+{5&#44; @{Walter Hopton|spellclass-0-level-total}&#125;kl1)) ]] HP | Cure Moderate, Cure Moderate Wounds&#125;&#125; {{@{target|character_name} Heals =[[ floor(1.5*(2d8+{10&#44; @{Walter Hopton|spellclass-0-level-total}&#125;kl1)) ]] HP|Cure Serious, Cure Serious Wounds&#125;&#125; {{@{target|character_name} Heals =[[ floor(1.5*(3d8+{15&#44; @{Walter Hopton|spellclass-0-level-total}&#125;kl1)) ]] HP|Cure Critical, Cure Critical Wounds&#125;&#125; {{@{target|character_name} Heals =[[ floor(1.5*(4d8+{20&#44; @{Walter Hopton|spellclass-0-level-total}&#125;kl1)) ]] HP|Wand of Cure Light,Use his Wand of Cure Light Wounds&#125;&#125; {{ @{target|character_name} Heals =[[ 1d8+5 ]] HP } }} Thanks Silvyre that worked a treat. Will post the two version I have within the next few days. Also is there a wiki somewhere I can post these for others to use. Cheers Frank
Hello there Thanks for all the help from Mark G, Silvyre and Vince with this. These macro have to be placed used as&nbsp;Ability Macros. Cure Spells , level caps included, and a wound of cure light wounds : Replace Walter Hopton with your pc name. Hopefully I caught all the&nbsp;HTML entitys&nbsp; &{template:pf_attack}{{header_image_melee=[Melee](<a href="http://i.imgur.com/1QEl2bG.png)}}{{character_name=@{Walter" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/1QEl2bG.png)}}{{character_name=@{Walter</a> Hopton|character_name}}}{{character_id=@{Walter Hopton|character_id}}}{{name=?{Cure Spell|Cure Light,Cure Light Wounds &amp;#125;&amp;#125; &amp;#123;&amp;#123;@{target|character_name} Heals =[[ floor(1d8+{5&amp;#44; @{Walter Hopton|spellclass-0-level-total}&amp;#125;kl1) ]] HP | Cure Moderate, Cure Moderate Wounds&amp;#125;&amp;#125; &amp;#123;&amp;#123;@{target|character_name} Heals =[[ floor(2d8+{10&amp;#44; @{Walter Hopton|spellclass-0-level-total}&amp;#125;kl1) ]] HP| Cure Serious, Cure Serious Wounds&amp;#125;&amp;&#125; &amp;#123;&amp;#123;@{target|character_name} Heals =[[ floor(3d8+{15&amp;#44; @{Walter Hopton|spellclass-0-level-total}&amp;#125;kl1) ]] HP| Cure Critical, Cure Critical Wounds&amp;#125;&amp;#125; &amp;#123;&amp;#123;@{target|character_name} Heals =[[ floor(4d8+{20&amp;#44; @{Walter Hopton|spellclass-0-level-total}&amp;#125;kl1) ]] HP|Wand of Cure Light,Use his Wand of Cure Light Wounds&amp;#125;&amp;#125; &amp;#123;&amp;#123; @{target|character_name} Heals =[[1d8+5]] HP } }} Click on the macro button, then&nbsp;select a target. Once selected a drop down menu with the cure spells will appear. Output Cheers Frank
Hello there&nbsp; Same as above with the&nbsp;Bless healing feat. Cure Spells With Wand and Bless healing. Working: Replace Walter Hopton with your pc name &{template:pf_attack} {{header_image_melee=[Melee](<a href="http://i.imgur.com/1QEl2bG.png" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/1QEl2bG.png</a>)}} {{character_name=@{Walter Hopton|character_name}}} {{character_id=@{Walter Hopton|character_id}}} {{name=?{Cure Spell|Cure Light,Cure Light Wounds &amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{@{target|character_name} Heals =[[ floor(1.5*(1d8+{5&amp;#44; @{Walter Hopton|spellclass-0-level-total}&amp;#125;kl1)) ]] HP | Cure Moderate, Cure Moderate Wounds&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{@{target|character_name} Heals =[[ floor(1.5*(2d8+{10&amp;#44; @{Walter Hopton|spellclass-0-level-total}&amp;#125;kl1)) ]] HP|Cure Serious, Cure Serious Wounds&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{@{target|character_name} Heals =[[ floor(1.5*(3d8+{15&amp;#44; @{Walter Hopton|spellclass-0-level-total}&amp;#125;kl1)) ]] HP|Cure Critical, Cure Critical Wounds&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{@{target|character_name} Heals =[[ floor(1.5*(4d8+{20&amp;#44; @{Walter Hopton|spellclass-0-level-total}&amp;#125;kl1)) ]] HP|Wand of Cure Light,Use his Wand of Cure Light Wounds&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{ @{target|character_name} Heals =[[ 1d8+5 ]] HP } }}
Marvel Superheroes (FASERIP) Universal Table macro: I did some searching and found this post so I built off of it.&nbsp; After some testing I found some of the numbers to be 1 off when I actually rolled.&nbsp; So I made adjustments and added them to a dropdown.&nbsp; I'll be running a campaign in the near future so I was just getting some of the basics setup.&nbsp; Maybe this can help someone else out. It uses the name field from the Marvel Superheroes Character sheet but you can change that.&nbsp; It's not pretty but it works.&nbsp; **``@{selected|name}``** ?{Pick a Power Rank| Shift-0, ***Shift-0*** = [[1d100cs&lt;94cf&lt;65cf&gt;100]] | Feeble, ***Feeble*** = [[1d100cs&lt;90cf&lt;60cf&gt;100]] | Poor, ***Poor*** = [[1d100cs&lt;85cf&lt;55cf&gt;100]] | Typical, ***Typical*** = [[1d100cs&lt;80cf&lt;50cf&gt;98]] | Good, ***Good*** = [[1d100cs&lt;75cf&lt;45cf&gt;98]] | Excellent, ***Excellent*** = [[1d100cs&lt;70cf&lt;40cf&gt;95]] | Remarkable, ***Remarkable*** = [[1d100cs&lt;65cf&lt;35cf&gt;95]] | Incredible, ***Incredible*** = [[1d100cs&lt;60cf&lt;30cf&gt;91]] | Amazing, ***Amazing*** = [[1d100cs&lt;55cf&lt;25cf&gt;91]] | Monstrous, ***Monstrous*** = [[1d100cs&lt;50cf&lt;20cf&gt;86]] | Unearthly, ***Unearthly*** = [[1d100cs&lt;45cf&lt;15cf&gt;86]] | Shift-X, ***Shift-X*** = [[1d100cs&lt;40cf&lt;10cf&gt;81]] | Shift-Y, ***Shift-Y*** = [[1d100cs&lt;40cf&lt;6cf&gt;81]] | Shift-Z, ***Shift-Z*** = [[1d100cs&lt;35cf&lt;3cf&gt;76]] | CL1000, ***CL1000*** = [[1d100cs&lt;35cf&lt;1cf&gt;76]] | CL3000, ***CL3000*** = [[1d100cs&lt;30cf&lt;1cf&gt;71]] | CL5000, ***CL5000*** = [[1d100cs&lt;25cf&lt;1cf&gt;66]] | Beyond, ***Beyond*** = [[1d100cs&lt;20cf&lt;1cf&gt;61]] } Blue Outline = White on the Table Green Outline = Green on the Table Yellow(no outline) = Yellow on the table Red Outline = Red on the Table
As a freelancer that writes rulebooks, I'm a little iffy on posting my own macros since i tend to go for as much automation as i can (which sort of negates the needs for rulebooks). That being said, L5R just got bought out and word from the inside is that their new owners are going to retire the game. So, i'm gonna bend my rule a bit. This is the guts of a basic attack macro for Legend of the Five Rings 4th ed. This Macro should work with the character sheet available on Roll20 and will automatically determine if: a character is defaulting on a roll (10s do not explode), has an emphases (reroll 1s),&nbsp; or has dice pool higher than 10 (add one kept die for every two or +5 to rolls for one past. Works for values higher than 13 as well. ::Example:: Agility 6 + Kenjutsu 9 = 15k6 ---&gt; [10k8+5] ::) If you use a text editor with find/replace functions, this macro can quickly be adapted for almost every type of skill test. [[ [[ {0@{selected|Agility} + 0@{selected|rank_Kenjutsu}, 10}dh1]]d10s!![[10* [[ { ( 0@{selected|rank_Kenjutsu} - abs(0@{selected|rank_Kenjutsu} -1)) , 0}kh1 ]] ]]k[[0@{selected|Agility} + [[{(floor((0@{selected|Agility} + 0@{selected|rank_Kenjutsu} - 10)/2)), 0}kh1]] ]]r[[0@{selected|Kenjutsu_Emphases}]] + [[ [[ [[0@{selected|Agility} + [[{((0@{selected|Agility} + 0@{selected|rank_Kenjutsu} - 10)/2), 0}kh1]] ]] - [[ floor([[0@{selected|Agility} + [[{((0@{selected|Agility} + 0@{selected|rank_Kenjutsu} - 10)/2), 0}kh1]] ]] ) ]] ]] * 10 ]] ]] :NOTE: The @{selected|Kenjutsu_Emphases} is a binary attribute [1 or 0]. I find that most characters that have a weapon emphases tend to use only that weapon with the corresponding skill so I just set the attribute as 1=Yes or 0=No. You can make this more specific if you want. While i haven't included it yet, I plan to put a spot for attack bonuses provided by school techniques. This is also capable of being used with scripts that allow conditionals (like HoneyBadger's Powercards) to roll against Armor TNs. If anyone wants it, i'll post my damage macro that goes along with this.

Edited 1442687673
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Ability checks and saving throws for the D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet.

Edited 1442687825
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The sheet already covers those areas - what do those add? Just combine check + skill and add "other" to save?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
I prefer to use the sheet's functionalities via Roll Query [via quick bar]. That's mostly what these macros enable.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
No, I mean the sheet already has built in save, check, and skill roll queries. We worked on them together a while ago. Why have custom ones?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
I didn't realize they were implemented.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ya, they've been there for a month or two now. %{NAME|save_query_macro} %{NAME|check_query_macro} %{NAME|skill_query_macro} If you think they should be modified then please offer suggestions on that thread or send me a pull request on github. Though I think the only differences I see are you combined ability + skill and added other to save.