Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Post Your Macros Here, pt. 3!

Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That was my original guess as well, but the attribute not found is problematic. I have a feeling he's using a different sheet.
Mark said: I did  Saves ,  Checks , and  Skills if anyone wanted to reference them - they follow the same pattern. @Benson: All are on my sheet so no need to make skills. Hoping Roll20 can fix this bug with custom skills:  Roll query prompt breaks when using a single quote I think weapons should likely be their own macros - there is a LOT of complexity there. Plus weapons are used every round and shortening the time to attack with it is better imo. Though maybe. Mark. We're these the three you were referring to when I had the issue using the "monstrosity" macro on NPCs. These three give me my current problem. I'll go through the code and compare my pasted version to your posted version. And I'm definitely using the Shaped sheet. 
I've been looking at this and I'm not sure if I'm following properly, but I've been having some trouble. Is it possible to nest character macros in drop-down queries? Because that would be really useful.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can't reference macros in the roll query stuff - you have to recreate them.
Mark said: You can't reference macros in the roll query stuff - you have to recreate them. Darn. That's really obnoxious. To bad you can't nest the quary call inside a macro.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
I reworked my multiple-target saving throw macro ; it no longer uses API Command Buttons.

Edited 1439230921
Hey guys.&nbsp; Having a small issue with adding a line to a weapon macro I made, I thought I knew how to do this.&nbsp; the macro is... @{Thormund|output_option} &{template:5eDefault} {{weapon=1}} {{character_name=@{Thormund|character_name}}} @{Thormund|show_character_name} {{title=Frostbrand}} {{subheader= [Frostbrand]( <a href="http://i.imgur.com/St8CP3R.png" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/St8CP3R.png</a> ) Melee • 5 }} {{attack=[[d20 + 0 + @{Thormund|PB} + (@{Thormund|global_melee_attack_bonus}) + @{Thormund|strength_mod}]]}} {{attackadv=[[d20 + 0 + @{Thormund|PB} + (@{Thormund|global_melee_attack_bonus}) + @{Thormund|strength_mod}]]}} {{damage=[[1d6 + @{Thormund|strength_mod}]] slashing damage + [[1d6]] cold damage}} {{attackcancrit=1}} {{critdamage=[[1d6 + @{Thormund|strength_mod}]] slashing damage + [[1d6]] cold damage}} ... and i works perfect.&nbsp; Lil pic and all.&nbsp; I want to add a line like {{Divine Strike = If Divine Strike is used (once per turn), deal an extra [[1d8]] thunder damage}} With the intention of having a new line at the bottom with the new text and whatnot.&nbsp; When I added inline, it did not break the macro, but did not add the new line either in the output.&nbsp; It still looks the same.&nbsp; Any ideas on how I am screwing this up? edit : to show pic of macro output (this is with the new line added, but looks same either way).&nbsp; I am guessing I may need a 'closing tag'. @{Thormund|output_option} &{template:5eDefault} {{weapon=1}} {{character_name=@{Thormund|character_name}}} @{Thormund|show_character_name} {{title=Frostbrand}} {{subheader= [Frostbrand]( <a href="http://i.imgur.com/St8CP3R.png" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/St8CP3R.png</a> ) Melee • 5 }} {{attack=[[d20 + 0 + @{Thormund|PB} + (@{Thormund|global_melee_attack_bonus}) + @{Thormund|strength_mod}]]}} {{attackadv=[[d20 + 0 + @{Thormund|PB} + (@{Thormund|global_melee_attack_bonus}) + @{Thormund|strength_mod}]]}} {{damage=[[1d6 + @{Thormund|strength_mod}]] slashing damage + [[1d6]] cold damage}} {{attackcancrit=1}} {{critdamage=[[1d6 + @{Thormund|strength_mod}]] slashing damage + [[1d6]] cold damage}} {{Divine Strike = If Divine Strike is used (once per turn), deal an extra [[1d8]] thunder damage}} that is how I have it now, needs work.&nbsp; Thanks guys.

Edited 1439231236
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Without the presence of the showclassactions or outputall fields, the 5eDefault Roll Template will only display standard fields . I recommend using the freetextname and freetext freetext fields like so: {{freetextname=Divine Strike}} {{freetext=If Divine Strike is used (once per turn), deal an extra [[1d8]] thunder damage}} Alternatively, you could use the rollname and roll fields, like so: {{rollname=Divine Strike}} {{roll=If Divine Strike is used (once per turn), deal an extra [[1d8]] thunder damage}}

Edited 1439231703
Thank you Silvyre.&nbsp; What is the difference between rollname and freetext?&nbsp; Is it that the rollname is in the left bar and freetext is over the output?&nbsp; THank you again.&nbsp; I think for this one I want the rollname. edit: yeah, thats the difference, it looks better with the rollname one.&nbsp; You da bomb.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Yep, that's it.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Silvyre said: Without the presence of the showclassactions or outputall fields, the 5eDefault Roll Template will only display standard fields . I actually changed this and showclassactions is no longer required to show all the fields on the shaped version.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
That's good to know. Thanks.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Silvyre said: That's good to know. Thanks. I'm still waiting to see if anything breaks for anyone, but it works on the sheet without issue.
I got a question if this can be done im play a dnd 5e fighter planing on going battlemaster and im wanting to know if i can set up a macro that when i use my halberd it pops up a box with some text that has the like 0 - not useing 1- Riposte 2- Commander strike when you use that number to have it pop up with the info for that manuver and have the halberd card pop up and have the suppiority dice pop up on that as well&nbsp; im not sure if im saying it clearly click attack on halberd box pops up wanting a number for the manuver and posts the rules for it and shows all the dmg if 0 was enterd it just shows halberd dmg Please keep an explan as simple as possable i under stand some macro stuff but i am still a new to macros as to attacking another token dosent matter for the way were playing.&nbsp; so long as the output is reasonablely easy to expand for later lvl i dont care how it needs to be done i can learn it but i learn more by examples and getting them to work the way i want them to even something that shows me what i need to do i would just need to adjust it for what im doing would be fine i just have no idea where to start this
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can create a class action that has a query in it and attaches the appropriate manuever. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to create the query.
Silvyre said: Without the presence of the showclassactions or outputall fields, the 5eDefault Roll Template will only display standard fields . I recommend using the freetextname and freetext freetext fields like so: {{freetextname=Divine Strike}} {{freetext=If Divine Strike is used (once per turn), deal an extra [[1d8]] thunder damage}} Alternatively, you could use the rollname and roll fields, like so: {{rollname=Divine Strike}} {{roll=If Divine Strike is used (once per turn), deal an extra [[1d8]] thunder damage}} Is there any code that can be used to resize the images that come up in the chat?

Edited 1439245453
would there be a way to make it so that the one with the query tells the others what dice to roll or would i need to change each one when it goes from d8 to d10
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
alucard d. said: would there be a way to make it so that the one with the query tells the others what dice to roll or would i need to change each one when it goes from d8 to d10 If you're using a query it all has to be pretty much self contained in the query.
Mark said: alucard d. said: would there be a way to make it so that the one with the query tells the others what dice to roll or would i need to change each one when it goes from d8 to d10 If you're using a query it all has to be pretty much self contained in the query. was seeing it it was possble i would rather have just 1 number to change vs several
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
alucard d. said: was seeing it it was possble i would rather have just 1 number to change vs several You would only have to change 1 query select and it would do the appropriate thing. It would follow the same html entities for curly brackets that I did with saves, checks, and skills.
is {{freetextname=Divine Strike}} {{freetext=If Divine Strike is used (once per turn), deal an extra [[1d8]] thunder damage}} what i need to build the query i have been messing around with it but no luck getting it all to use the card i get } 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 {{showclassactions=1}} 0 {{attack= Rolling d20cs&gt;20 + 2 + 3 + (0 * 0) + (0) + (0) = ( 1 )+2+3+(0*0)+(0)+(0)"&gt;6}} {{attackadv= Rolling d20cs&gt;20 + 2 + 3 + (0 * 0) + (0) + (0) = ( 4 )+2+3+(0*0)+(0)+(0)"&gt;9}} {{targetAC=}} {{targetName=}} {{can_crit=1}} {{action_crit_damage= Rolling 1d10 + (1d10 * 1) + 0d0 = (10)+((5)*1)+()"&gt;15}} {{action_crit_damage_adv= Rolling 1d10 + (1d10 * 1) + 0d0 = (8)+((10)*1)+()"&gt;18}} {{action_second_crit_damage=0}} {{action_second_crit_damage_adv= Rolling 0 + 0d0 = 0+()"&gt;0}} {{reach=10ft}} {{action_damage=12}} {{action_damage_type=Slashing}} 0 showing up when i try to use the sheets halberd attack with this or am i going to have to have this as 2 seprate clicks

Edited 1439324790
Wes
Sheet Author
alucard d. said: I got a question ... I set this up to call from your class actions so you will need to add the following. Substituting the @{classactionoutput#} that you use for each manuever! 1. Assigning a Die Roll in a Class Action for tracking Superiority Dice Used: [[1d[[ 8 + floor(@{selected|fighter_level}/10)*2 + floor(@{selected|fighter_level}/18)*2 ]] ]] This will calculate the size of your Superiority Die. (In the Example below I use Class Action Row 5) 2. Riposte Class Action: **Riposte:** • When a creature **Misses** me with a melee attack; I can use my **Reaction** and expend one Superiority Die to make a melee weapon attack against the creature. • If I hit; I **Add** the Superiority Die Roll of: @{classactionoutput5} to the attack's damage roll. Here is the Riposte Manuever is set up as a class action that refrences @{classactionoutput5} for the size of the Superiority Die. (In the Example Below I use Class Action Row 10) 3. Commander's Strike Class Action: **Commander’s Strike:** • When I take the Attack action on my turn; I can forgo one of my attacks and use a **Bonus Action** to direct one of my companions to strike. • When I do so; I choose a friendly creature who can see or hear me and expend one superiority die. That creature can **Immediately** use its **Reaction** to make one weapon attack, **Adding** the Superiority Die Roll of: @{classactionoutput5} to the attack’s damage roll. Here is the Commander's Strike Manuever is set up as a class action that refrences @{classactionoutput5} for the size of the Superiority Die. (In the Example Below I use Class Action Row 11) 4. Finally for the Select Menu Query (ADD THIS IN YOUR TOKEN ACTION) {{freetext=?{Manuever Used|None,**No Manuever Used**|Riposte,@{classactionoutput10}|Commander's Strike,@{classactionoutput11} } }} Output to Chat: Important to Note: In the Class Actions, I replaced the "Commas" with "Semi-Colons" as a comma will prematurly end the Queries output to chat.&nbsp; Also, This is from the Standard 5e Sheet, But I believe it will also work in the Shaped 5e Sheet. (But someone can correct me if I'm wrong)

Edited 1439328575
Mark said: If you want to duplicate the Shaped sheet's functionality for a save use this: @{selected|output_option} &{template:5eDefault} {{save=1}} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} @{selected|show_character_name} {{title=Save}} {{subheader=Saving Throw}} {{rollname=Result}} {{roll=[[d20@{selected|d20_mod} + ?{Ability|Strength, @{selected|strength_save_mod} |Dexterity, @{selected|dexterity_save_mod}|Constitution, @{selected|constitution_save_mod}|Intelligence, @{selected|intelligence_save_mod}|Wisdom, @{selected|wisdom_save_mod}|Charisma, @{selected|charisma_save_mod} } + (@{selected|global_saving_bonus})]]}} {{rolladv=[[d20@{selected|d20_mod} + ?{Ability|Strength, @{selected|strength_save_mod} |Dexterity, @{selected|dexterity_save_mod}|Constitution, @{selected|constitution_save_mod}|Intelligence, @{selected|intelligence_save_mod}|Wisdom, @{selected|wisdom_save_mod}|Charisma, @{selected|charisma_save_mod} } + (@{selected|global_saving_bonus})]]}} @{selected|classactionstrengthsave} It does everything but the title. Though I'll have to follow the earlier model to show the name or skills won't work. I'll tweak it and add it to the shaped sheet when I'm done. I tried this macro and the global save bonus was added twice, It seems&nbsp;@{selected|ABILITY_save_mod} already includes it. (using the shaped sheet), so i had to remove&nbsp;@{selected|global_saving_bonus}. One question, just beginning to use roll20 here, what does&nbsp;@{selected|d20_mod} do? couldn't find that variable on the wiki. And, is there a way to include the&nbsp;@{selected|classactionstrengthsave} inside the query, so it only publish the output of stregth saves when you choose strength? (and classactiondexteritysave for Dex, etc...) Out of curiosity I tried and it broke the macro, so I'd like to know if it's possible. ETA: I think i figured out the @{selected|d20_mod}, is it the Halfling Luck? And here is my first macro using the new query, a macro for a versatile weapon. It seems to work ok. &{template:5eDefault} {{title=Espada Larga}} {{weapon=1}}{{show_character_name=1}} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{melee=1}} {{reach=5 ft}} {{attack=[[1d20cs&gt;20@{d20_mod}+@{strength_mod}[stat bonus]+@{PB}[proficiency]+(@{global_weapon_attack_bonus})[global weapon attack bonus]+(@{global_melee_attack_bonus})[global melee attack bonus]]]}} {{attackadv=[[1d20cs&gt;20@{d20_mod}+@{strength_mod}[stat bonus]+@{PB}[proficiency]+(@{global_weapon_attack_bonus})[global weapon attack bonus](@{global_melee_attack_bonus})[global melee attack bonus]}]]}} ?{Versatile|One-handed, {{damage=[[1d8+@{strength_mod}[stat bonus]+(@{global_weapon_damage_bonus})[global weapon damage bonus]+(@{global_melee_damage_bonus})[global melee damage bonus]]] slashing}} {{critdamage= Aditional [[1d8]]}} {{subheader=One-handed}}|Two-handed, {{damage=[[1d10+@{strength_mod}[stat bonus]+(@{global_weapon_damage_bonus})[global weapon damage bonus]+(@{global_melee_damage_bonus})[global melee damage bonus]]] slashing}} {{critdamage= Aditional [[1d10]]}} {{subheader=Two-handed}}{{freetext=Deja de usar el escudo por una ronda. **AC** [[-2]]}}}
Wes said: 4. Finally for the Select Menu Query (ADD THIS IN YOUR TOKEN ACTION) {{freetext=?{Manuever Used|None,**No Manuever Used**|Riposte,@{classactionoutput10}|Commander's Strike,@{classactionoutput11} } }} Output to Chat: Important to Note: In the Class Actions, I replaced the "Commas" with "Semi-Colons" as a comma will prematurly end the Queries output to chat.&nbsp; Also, This is from the Standard 5e Sheet, But I believe it will also work in the Shaped 5e Sheet. (But someone can correct me if I'm wrong) the freetext bit is what im having problems getting it to output the right stuff i have the right classsactionoutputs but when i use the drop down its not calling the&nbsp;Manuever im not sure if it has to do i dont know much about doing anything with a token or im missing something because i dont know what you mean by add this in your token action im getting the attack but im getting&nbsp;{{freetext=classactionoutput4 }}instad of the Manuever and i do Thank you for your time and effert
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yadira said: I tried this macro and the global save bonus was added twice, It seems&nbsp;@{selected|ABILITY_save_mod} already includes it. (using the shaped sheet), so i had to remove&nbsp;@{selected|global_saving_bonus}. One question, just beginning to use roll20 here, what does&nbsp;@{selected|d20_mod} do? couldn't find that variable on the wiki. And, is there a way to include the&nbsp;@{selected|classactionstrengthsave} inside the query, so it only publish the output of stregth saves when you choose strength? (and classactiondexteritysave for Dex, etc...) Out of curiosity I tried and it broke the macro, so I'd like to know if it's possible. ETA: I think i figured out the @{selected|d20_mod}, is it the Halfling Luck? And here is my first macro using the new query, a macro for a versatile weapon. It seems to work ok. &{template:5eDefault} {{title=Espada Larga}} {{weapon=1}}{{show_character_name=1}} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{melee=1}} {{reach=5 ft}} {{attack=[[1d20cs&gt;20@{d20_mod}+@{strength_mod}[stat bonus]+@{PB}[proficiency]+(@{global_weapon_attack_bonus})[global weapon attack bonus]+(@{global_melee_attack_bonus})[global melee attack bonus]]]}} {{attackadv=[[1d20cs&gt;20@{d20_mod}+@{strength_mod}[stat bonus]+@{PB}[proficiency]+(@{global_weapon_attack_bonus})[global weapon attack bonus](@{global_melee_attack_bonus})[global melee attack bonus]}]]}} ?{Versatile|One-handed, {{damage=[[1d8+@{strength_mod}[stat bonus]+(@{global_weapon_damage_bonus})[global weapon damage bonus]+(@{global_melee_damage_bonus})[global melee damage bonus]]] slashing}} {{critdamage= Aditional [[1d8]]}} {{subheader=One-handed}}|Two-handed, {{damage=[[1d10+@{strength_mod}[stat bonus]+(@{global_weapon_damage_bonus})[global weapon damage bonus]+(@{global_melee_damage_bonus})[global melee damage bonus]]] slashing}} {{critdamage= Aditional [[1d10]]}} {{subheader=Two-handed}}{{freetext=Deja de usar el escudo por una ronda. **AC** [[-2]]}}} You've referenced an earlier version. I posted later versions - use those. d20_mod is indeed halfling luck. You should use @{show_character_name} instead of "{{show_character_name=1}}" as it references the setting on the sheet. I'd also suggest using "action_damage" and "action_damage_type" instead of damage. Really you should just use a new weapon and mimic that.
You should use @{show_character_name} instead of "{{show_character_name=1}}" as it references the setting on the sheet. I'd also suggest using "action_damage" and "action_damage_type" instead of damage. Really you should just use a new weapon and mimic that. Oh, ok. I used "damage" just because that's what the wiki says you should use when using {weapon=1}. By a "new weapon," you mean a weapon macro made recently? (sorry, English is not my first language). Thanks for the help :)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've updated the wiki to remove the old weapons macro and put in the new weapons macro.
Wes
Sheet Author
@ alucard d. My apologies, First if you want to just put the query into a class action use this in a class action, and check it to be used with Melee Weapons. ?{Maneuver Used|None,**No Manuever Used**|Riposte,@{classactionoutput10}|Commander's Strike,@{classactionoutput11} } When I Talk about Placing it in your token action, I am actually coping the the template macro and pasting it into a token action on the Attributes and Abilities tab of the character sheet. The reason I do this is I gain more control over the output when I use that token action macro. For instance, I change the "Melee attack" to "Melee Attack" because the lowercase "a" drives me crazy. But I can also remove things from the template this way and get better control over the output. Mainly the Double Column. Here are some Images of the Differences: Attack using Sheet Button with Class Action Attack using created Token Action • The left image shows the Output from pressing the attack button in the weapons tab of the character sheet with the class action Drop Down Query that I posted in the top of this post. You can see that the class action is forced into the right column of the template. • The Right Image shows the Output from pressing my Token Action that I have made in my Attributes and Abilities tab. Becaue in this example I have more control of where the output is going the Drop Down Query is actually contained in the {{freetext= }} property of the template which spans both columns of the roll template. To Make a Token Action 1. Use the Button on the character sheet that you want to make a token action for. 2. Select the Chat Panel as if you were going to type and press the "Up Arrow Key" and then select and copy the chat output that appears in the Chat Panel.&nbsp; 3. Paste it into an Abiilities Text Field. 4. Modifiy it as you need.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Free text avoids the column issue. {{#freetext}} &lt;div class="sheet-row"&gt; &lt;div class="sheet-col-1 sheet-rt-key"&gt;{{freetextname}}&lt;/div&gt; &lt;div class="sheet-col-1 sheet-rt-value"&gt;{{freetext}}&lt;/div&gt; &lt;/div&gt; {{/freetext}} Use it.
still cant figure out how to get it all in the card but it all at least displays if i use it as a token action or macro but not if i use it from the sheet i just get the weapon stuff but none of the manuvers I would use what mark put if i knew where i needed to use it i have some programing experence but not enouf with this system to understand how thats used and i figured out how to at least get it to use normal text for those dice and the info to go with them&nbsp;
Thought I would share. Here is my riposte macro which works with the 10 August 5e Shaped Sheet. &{template:5eDefault} {{ability=1}} {{title=Riposte}} {{subheader=@{character_name}}} {{subheader2=Battle Master Maneuver}} {{emote=parries a missed attack}} @{repeating_weapons_melee_0_macro} {{Require=a missed hit against @{character_name} from an enemy within melee reach}} {{Action= Reaction Melee Attack}} {{Source=one of [[@{repeating_classresources_2_ClassResourceTotal}]] remaining superiority dice}} &nbsp;{{Effect = [[1d8]] additonal damage to a successful melee attack}} And here are a few other battle master maneuvers &{template:5eDefault} {{ability=1}} {{title=Distracting Strike}} {{subheader=@{character_name}}} {{subheader2=Battle Master Maneuver}} {{emote=distracts his enemy}} {{Require=a successful hit}} {{Action= part of current Attack}} {{Source=one of [[@{repeating_classresources_2_ClassResourceTotal}]] remaining superiority dice}} {{effects = [[1d8]] additional damage and the next ally's attack roll has **advantage** against the same target}} &{template:5eDefault} {{ability=1}} {{title=Menacing Attack}} {{subheader=@{character_name}}} {{subheader2=Battle Master Maneuver}} {{emote=gives a frightening growl}} {{Require=a successful hit}} {{Action= part of current Attack}} {{Source=one of [[@{repeating_classresources_2_ClassResourceTotal}]] remaining superiority dice}} {{Effect = [[1d8]] additional damage}} {{Save = WIS DC [[8+@{PB}+@{strength_mod}]]}} {{Fail Effect = the target enemy is **frightened** until the end of my next turn}} {{Frightened = has *disadvantage* on ability checks and attack rolls while the source of the fear is within line of sight **AND** cannot willingly move closer to the source of its fear}} &{template:5eDefault} {{ability=1}} {{title=Rally}} {{subheader=@{character_name}}} {{subheader2=Battle Master Maneuver}} {{emote=bolsters the resolve of his companion}} {{Required=an ally who can see or hear @{character_name}}} {{Action= Bonus Action}} {{Source = one of [[@{repeating_classresources_2_ClassResourceTotal}]] remaining superiority dice}} {{Effect=grants [[1d8+@{charisma_mod}]] temporary hit points to the ally}} &{template:5eDefault} {{ability=1}} {{title=Sweeping Attack}} {{subheader=@{character_name}}} {{subheader2=Battle Master Maneuver}} {{emote=extends his attack to another enemy}} {{Require=a successful hit}} {{Action= part of current Attack}} {{Source=one of [[@{repeating_classresources_2_ClassResourceTotal}]] remaining superiority dice}} {{Target = another enemy within 5ft of the original target&nbsp;and within melee reach}} {{ If = the original attack roll meets new target's AC}} {{Damage = [[1d8]] damage to new target}} And he has the sentinel feat (note: put emote after macro options for it to rewrite it) &{template:5eDefault} {{attack_roll=1}} {{title=Sentinel Feat}} {{subheader=@{character_name} • @{repeating_weapons_melee_0_name}}} {{subheader2=Reaction Melee Attack • @{repeating_weapons_melee_0_reach}}} @{repeating_weapons_melee_0_macro_options} &nbsp;@{repeating_weapons_melee_0_macro} &nbsp;{{emote=takes advantage of his enemy's guard}} &nbsp;{{Action=any opportunity attack}} {{Can take Action if=an **attack** on an ally within 5 ft of Lander and from an enemy within melee reach}} {{ = or an enemy **disengages** and leaves melee reach}} {{effects = if the attack is successful, the enemy's speed becomes [[0]] for the rest of its turn}}&nbsp;
ok maby someone can help me figure out whats going on&nbsp; im useing&nbsp; ?{Maneuver Used|None,**No Manuever Used**|Riposte,@{classactionoutput10}|Commander's Strike,@{classactionoutput11} } to pick the manuvers up untill i switched the one i had in a higher number class action slot to the one that i &nbsp;had riposte in useing&nbsp; &{template:5eDefault} {{ability=1}} {{title=Riposte}} {{subheader=@{character_name}}} {{subheader2=Battle Master Maneuver}} {{emote=parries a missed attack}} @{repeating_weapons_melee_0_macro} {{Require=a missed hit against @{character_name} from an enemy within melee reach}} {{Action= Reaction Melee Attack}} {{Source=one of [[@{repeating_classresources_2_ClassResourceTotal}]] remaining superiority dice}} {{Effect = [[1d8]] additonal damage to a successful melee attack}} the higher number slot was to test to see if it would work with the &nbsp;query when i switched it to the class action that had the riposte class action im only seeing reposte on the drop down menu now and none of the others and before i could see the one i was expermenting with any idea to fix this
Discovered another cool formatting tool for us to use, just posting this in-case no one else knew about it. It displays the text in a cool "code" box, while also highlighting the text within it in red. <a href="http://i.imgur.com/u1QeJm0.png?1" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/u1QeJm0.png?1</a> Save DC ``11`` On Failed [[2D6]] Fire Damage On Successful save Half Damage
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Benson Y. said: Discovered another cool formatting tool for us to use, just posting this in-case no one else knew about it. It displays the text in a cool "code" box, while also highlighting the text within it in red. Neat. I can see at least one practical application that I will definitely be putting to use.

Edited 1439576618
I.m gradually putting together a WFRP gane based on the original version 1 ruleset. As far as I can tell I'm the first person to do this on Roll20, or at least I've not found any evidnece of anyone else producing Character Sheets or Macro's for it. So I'm starting from scratch. &nbsp;Although there are some WFRP version 2 resurces including a character sheet with some macro's on it that might convert across. The test system in WFRP is somewhat different to that used in most of the macro's I've looked at above in that success is achieved by rollubg under a threshold determined by the characters attributes and modified by their skills. So, a character wishing to Gossip with an NPC to acquire information would have to roll a 1d100 and score less than their Fellowship (Fel). &nbsp;Having various skills (such as&nbsp;Acting, Charm, Comedian and Storytelling) add a modifier of between 10% and 15% to the characters basic Fel attribute for the test. &nbsp;So, a character will a fellowship of FEL=35 trying to use their Charm to secure some vital information from a local villager would have to roll 38 or less to success (e.g. they have a 38% chance of success. 35+10%) If anyone has any macros which use a similar approach then I'd be interested in seeing them. In the meanime here is a copy of the Initiative macro @Silvyrie created for my game. &{template:default} {{name=Initiative Test}}{{@{selected|token_name}'s Initiative=[[ floor(?{Is @{selected|token_name} surprised?|No, 1|Yes, 0.5}*[[ @{selected|I}+ 1t[Probability] ]]) &{tracker} ]] }} Probability is just a random table containing a range of modifiers based on probability dice. It does a similar job to the Initiative macro shown in the macro help, but with the added flourish of asking the caster if the character has been surprised, and if the amswer is Yes, it reduces their intiative by 50% to represent the time they need to gather their thoughts and react.

Edited 1439576407
I'm having trouble with the whisper macro provided here <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2066624/post-you" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2066624/post-you</a>... /w @{target|token_name} ?{"What"|um} @{selected|token_name} *speaks low.* to @{target|token_name} It seems to glitch out every now and then, and fills the chat log with orange messages complaining that no token has been selected. &nbsp;It comes up with the message saying select a token but then just seems to freeze the game before I can even move the cursor to select anything, and a few seconds later posts a long list of failed selection messages. I've done some testing and the problem seems to depend on whether the 'whisperers' token is pre-selected before the macro is invoked.&nbsp; /w @{target|token_name} ?{"What"|um} @{selected|token_name} *speaks low.* to @{target|token_name} I've actually set-up a set of communication macros in my game which include: GM-Secrecy - A simple toggle button for switching talktoyourself on and off for secret GM rolls and stuff. /talktomyself /em GM Secrecy Whisper-GM - another simple macro to give players a button to click when they want to talk secretly to the GM. /w GM ?{"Message"|Action/Query} Whisper - A general purpose whisper based using @Ed S's code from Part 2, that allows players and GM to communicate secretly. /w @{target| Whisper to whom? |token_name} ***?{"What"|You notice...}*** and then Whisper-Witnessed - Which is the macro I'm having the issues with. /w @{target|token_name} ?{"What"|um} @{selected|token_name} *speaks low.* to @{target|token_name} I think perhaps Whisper-Witnessed really needs to prompt for selection of the both whisperer and the whispered to, or do something to check that a token has been selected before prompting for a target token. &nbsp;Because at the moment it seems to be bugging out when an initial token isn't selected when it prompts for a target.
Didz said: (How do you create those tinted boxes behind the macro text?) In the toolbar above the Post Reply text box there is a paragraph symbol button. Press it and select code. Then you can paste the code in the box. If you want a new paragraph without code, press down arrow to move the cursor down onto a new line. There was a good image in a post but I could not find it. H
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Didz said: I think perhaps Whisper-Witnessed really needs to prompt for selection of the both whisperer and the whispered to, or do something to check that a token has been selected before prompting for a target token. /w @{target| Whisper to whom? |token_name} ?{"What"|um} @{target| Who's whispering? |token_name} *speaks low.* to @{target| Whisper to whom? |token_name}
HLazar said: Didz said: (How do you create those tinted boxes behind the macro text?) In the toolbar above the Post Reply text box there is a paragraph symbol button. Press it and select code. Then you can paste the code in the box. If you want a new paragraph without code, press down arrow to move the cursor down onto a new line. There was a good image in a post but I could not find it. H Thanks I think I found it^^
Silvyre said: Didz said: I think perhaps Whisper-Witnessed really needs to prompt for selection of the both whisperer and the whispered to, or do something to check that a token has been selected before prompting for a target token. /w @{target| Whisper to whom? |token_name} ?{"What"|um} @{target| Who's whispering? |token_name} *speaks low.* to @{target| Whisper to whom? |token_name} That solved it. As I said the problem wasn't so much that it didn't work unless you remembered to select the whisperer first, it was the fact that it seemed to lock the game up whilst it tried to find them.
I'm using the saving throw macro below and since either the sheet update or roll20 update, the rolls are accounting for anything except the 1d20 roll.&nbsp; Is there something I can do to repair the macro? &{template:5eDefault} {{ability=1}} {{title=@{selected|token_name}}} {{subheader=Saving Throw}}} {{Result=[[1d20]] | [[1d20]]}} {{=+?{Saving Throw|Strength, [[(@{selected|strength_save_mod})]] **Strength**|Dexterity, [[(@{selected|dexterity_save_mod})]] **Dexterity**|Constitution, [[(@{selected|constitution_save_mod})]] **Constitution**|Intelligence, [[(@{selected|intelligence_save_mod})]] **Intelligence**|Wisdom, [[(@{selected|wisdom_save_mod})]] **Wisdom**|Charisma, [[(@{selected|charisma_save_mod})]] **Charisma**}}} @{selected|classactioncustom1skill}
Kaelev, use this one instead, or Mark's version if it works for ya. xP It should work. <a href="http://imgur.com/a/fnSpI#7" rel="nofollow">http://imgur.com/a/fnSpI#7</a>
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kaelev, are you using the shaped sheet? If so you can reference the save macro I put on the sheet. @{selected|save_query_macro}

Edited 1439672374
OH, you put those in Mark? Shoot, I didn't know how to reference those, thanks! ^^ What else did ya put in?

Edited 1439672615
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Saves, checks, and skills. [5e Shaped] D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet always shows what I've implemented ;)
Mark said: Kaelev, are you using the shaped sheet? If so you can reference the save macro I put on the sheet. @{selected|save_query_macro} Where would I fit that in? Looks easier.&nbsp; :)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kaelev said: Where would I fit that in? Looks easier.&nbsp; :) Huh? You just put that in chat while you have a token selected. Or in a journal's token abilities with a token selected. Or add a name instead of "selected" and you don't need a token selected.
Mark said: Kaelev said: Where would I fit that in? Looks easier.&nbsp; :) Huh? You just put that in chat while you have a token selected. Or in a journal's token abilities with a token selected. Or add a name instead of "selected" and you don't need a token selected. Oh! Didn't realize that.&nbsp; That's super easy, lol.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kaelev said: Oh! Didn't realize that.&nbsp; That's super easy, lol. If you're using the shaped sheet there are lots of hidden things on my thread. I'm quite bad at updating the wiki. I'd suggest you follow it. ;)