Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Shadowrun 5th Edition (advanced)

Jens
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Its once a week. Whenever the roll20 devs update.

Edited 1514376495
Hey, we are using your sheet and it worked quite well till now. But we found an bug. If you press the Edge button on Main once, the Initative Dicepool gets 5d6 instead of 1d6. It dosn´t matter if Edge is activated or not, after pressing Edge it will always be 5d6. The only solution for this is creating an completly new Character sheet, as far as we know.
The bug in question(edge getting "stuck") has been fixed, but waiting on Roll20 devs to update the sheet archive. Should be soon provided the devs are not on break for the holidays. In the meantime setting edge to 0 can be used as a work around.

Edited 1516375242
Hi, first of all, I wanted to join everyone that loves the new character sheet.  I really love the Chummer Import function as well, it's a god-sent! Quick request: As a GM, I usually control the Noise and Background of any area via setting a value of assigned variable.  There's already a value for "Noise" on Matrix and also Vehicles tab in this character sheet that is assigned to an attribute.  This is wonderful since I expect that I can simply set it to equal to my GM noise value. Would it be possible to incorporate a similar value for "Background Count" into Magic tab and associated calculations? Thanks in advance.
Jens
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Azuredrak0  I will look into it, but no promises. Background count is a bit more complicated, especially in combination with spirits etc.

Edited 1516722562
Alex
Plus
Thank you for this great character sheet. But one question is it possible to do (hidden) gamemaster rolls with it? It kinda sucks if all players see every roll of prepared NPCs and in advanced groups the rolls of other PCs. Atm I'm using the 5th edition (german sheet) but if it's possible with yours I just would switch. thx in advance
Alex said: Thank you for this great character sheet. But one question is it possible to do (hidden) gamemaster rolls with it? It kinda sucks if all players see every roll of prepared NPCs and in advanced groups the rolls of other PCs. Atm I'm using the 5th edition (german sheet) but if it's possible with yours I just would switch. thx in advance Yes, you can do this by selecting "GM Roll" in the top right of any tab on the character sheet - next to "Edge". While the text is highlighted (yellow), all your rolls will be gm-only.
the ammo for ranged weapons isnt auto reducing or being filled when clicking the reload button. the feture being taken out ?
Jens
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Auto Reducing cannot work without API scripts. Reloading requires the same ammo to be in your inventory.
Is anyone else having problems importing their weapons from Chummer? I have quite a few weapons, but every time I try and import only unarmed comes up flawlessly. My Ares Predator V appears several rows down, but none of my ammo types are imported. The rest of my weapons don't even show up.

Edited 1520529414
Hello!! I have a suggestion: would it be too much work to add BOD as an option to Resist Drain?? that would really help out my adept, specially with adept spell. I plan on adding Heal as a spell to my adept and the sheet wont let me set Body + Willpower as her drain resist, as it should be. And a button to roll drain alone would be nice too. Since with some adept powers you roll drain after their effect ends. Also, I've failed to see a field to write down my tradition. That said, I really like this character sheet. Congratulations on the good job.
Jens
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Hel Added Body as a Drain Attribute. Your other suggestions might take a bit more time, but ill look into it.
Would it be possible to get Magic as a Drain Attribute as well seen as the dragon tradition for the drakes lets you use it
Jens
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@FracturedSolace sure
another request - for spirit types could we get ally(all stats equal to force other than edge) and can you makea place to add spirit powers to the spirits similar to how we can add ammo for guns  would be greatly appriciated 
Jens
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@FracturedSolace You cannot add a repeating field in a repeating field, that's why weapons have a fix amount. Use the notes field. But I added Ally Spirits.
I can't see how to make drones. If you make them as a vehicle they have an incorrect Condition Monitor. Drones Condition Monitor should be 6 plus half their Body. Not 12 plus half their Body. (Page 199 Core Rules)
Having issues with the sheet not sure whats causing it thow My magic is set to 6 and summoning to 4 but when i roll summoning from the skills tab it says my magic is 3 and summoning is -1 I have been throw the sheet and cant find anything that would cause this.
never mind fixed it another player made a character of the same name and it was pulling from that sheet
Can we get a capacity column for cyber/bio ware to help keep track of whats installed in it
Jens
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@FracturedSolace  Thats a bit too specific and only applies to a few pieces of cyberware. And its exactly the reason you have a notes field on there.
Any chance of getting the Traveler Lifestyle option added to the list?
Jens
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@NullWolf sure
So I can't figure out why but the importer keeps failing with the message "error with the character info" I checked the sheet and nothing is making it in, so I can't pin it down to an obvious spot where it's failing. I've tried it with about 4 different characters and I cannot get it to work. That being said, not sure if it's a sheet problem or a chummer problem, but any help would be appreciated.
Jens
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Rakshire  Works fine on my end. Afaik 3 possibilities: 1. Bugged chummer version, just redownload the stable version. 2. User error, make sure you actually follow the steps 3. Unexpected character, if you are sure its not 1. or 2. send me the character and i'll look into it.

Edited 1525017661
I tried recreating the character is a fresh download of both the stable version and the nightly version of chummer, but no dice. I'm relatively sure I'm following the instructions correctly so I'm guessing it's because it's an unexpected character (I hope). I've uploaded the file if you're able to take a peek at it. Thanks so much! <a href="https://drive.google.com/open?id=19meihoXyoL7EM-Ed" rel="nofollow">https://drive.google.com/open?id=19meihoXyoL7EM-Ed</a>...
First off amazing sheet, really helpful for my group. All of my players have been able to import their characters except one who gets an error. We have tried a few times and redownloaded chummer etc but for some reason we cant import. Any chance we can get you to have a look? Thanks in advance. <a href="https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ro3RmL9grFnjJkd3" rel="nofollow">https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ro3RmL9grFnjJkd3</a>...
This is fantastic. Shadowrun's rules have always felt like kryptonite to Roll20 integration, I'm impressed you've pulled it off. A few questions/thoughts: Is there some formula for melee weapons' Damage Value that incorporates the character's strength that I'm not seeing? I think the mouseover text for the "Edge" toggle in the upper right is inverted from what's intended I have a couple players with multiple specializations for a single skill; would support for that be worth the effort? It would be nice to see a readout of how many pre-Limit hits were rolled, without having to mouseover and count. (Also 1s, since it doesn't seem to detect Glitches) I get that you're going for a low-contrast-versus-high-contrast thing for clarity but some of the low-contrast palette choices are really rough on the eyes. I don't mean that in the catty-jab-at-the-aesthetic sense, I mean that in the literal-eye-strain sense. The dark red and dark gray on top of the very dark grey can be especially tough to read, especially if the font's not large or boldface. Is there a way to link the Stun, Physical and Overflow Condition Monitors to Roll 20's status bars? Thanks again for the excellent sheet!

Edited 1525201764
Jen, first of all fantastic sheet! Some things that my players have been asking for, I have gone around the request by making ability macros and adjusting yours. My players like the spell, "increased reflexes"&nbsp; -- +1 to the target’s Initiative, and every two hits adds one Initiative Die. " as result, they have to modify the character sheet to realize the advantage. I have gone ahead and created an ability macro where I query them for init + die advantage. This might be a nice addition to your normal macro. Matrix "hot sim" does not appear to update matrix initiative (When you are in hot-sim VR mode, you use your Data Processing + Intuition as your Initiative and you get +4D6 Initiative Dice) You mentioned ammo reduction does not work without API script, is this being developed by chance? I would love to have it! For the life of me I cant figure out why ammo refill does not work, both ammo in inventory and ammo under weapon are named "regular" and it wont fill it. I found out that if you have ammo at 0, it will not autofill, you have to have ammo 1 or higher and it will fill to the max. --J

Edited 1525378514
@Jens Hi there, having the same problem as @Rakshire with importing characters from Chummer. I get Error with Character Info. Here is a link to my character as well if it helps.&nbsp; <a href="https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tAPOeMqDLVjX5SmvEbfc0Ljml4uYifuJ" rel="nofollow">https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tAPOeMqDLVjX5SmvEbfc0Ljml4uYifuJ</a>
Jens
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Rakshire @James @Cyd It took quite some time to hunt this one down:There has been a change with chummer, where it no longer sends the characters drain attribute to the JSON&nbsp; export. I have no idea why they changed it, but i found a workaround which should be online next week. @Dack 1. yes, just enter "@{str_total" (close curly brackets, which for some reason this forum does not allow you to type), you can even add (or substract) other numbers afterwards. 2.Thanks, fixed for next release. 3.Just enter multiple specializations into the one field, works fine. 4. Only possible with API scripts or cluttering the whole screen. 5. Not gonna change 6. 2 Possibilities: Use physicaltracktotal, stuntracktotal and physicaloverflow and manually input the maximum values. This will not allow you to modify the values with the little bubble-inputs. Alternatively use physicalwoundstaken and stunwoundstaken and again input the maximum values manually. Doesn't give you a traditional healthbar, but allows you to quickly access the value with the bubble-inputs. @Justin 1. Too much of an edge case, this would just spam everyone who is not frequently using this one spell with an additional prompt. 2. Good Idea, the button will now automatically increase or decrease your matrix initiative dice by one. 3. My script is available under SR-Rollextender, but it does not include ammo reduction and is no longer under active development.

Edited 1525390223
@Jens Thanks man, you're the best! For anyone who needs a fix asap, download Chummer version 5.198.0, it still works fine.
In last nights game, found out that when you use "edge" button and roll a spell, the force of the spell is no longer displayed via the template. -J
Looks like the workaround is live. Thanks for looking into it!

Edited 1526775225
Sarah
Plus
hey thanks for the sheet! my biggest request is, can we get a "notes" option for spells? it's hard to fit all the specifics in the boxes, especially for the really fiddly spells then i have another request that isn't super necessary but would be nice: having a way to tell what skills are in a certain skill group
Has anyone got ammo Usage and the Reload functions for the character sheets to work?

Edited 1528020504
Hi Jens! Your Charactersheet is great work! Thank you for putting so much work in it! I am new to roll20 and started to create a new campaign and getting used to your sheet. Earlier in this thread a problem with the wound modifier is posted. I also experienced this problem. The wound mod in my test rolls is always 1 and after setting all injuries to 0 it stays at 1. Is this still a bug or am I doing something wrong? (sorry for my bad english, I am not a native speaker) edit: I think the problem is solved. I accidently overwrote some values in the sheet
For the guy with the chummer problem: I use the latest nightly-version of chummer (3 days old from now): <a href="https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases</a> Just use the export-function, choose json-format and hit ctrl-a to mark the whole text in the window (you don´t need to save it as file) now hit ctrl-c to copy (simple copy-paste-action) Now go to the sheet of your character and paste the text (ctrl-v) in the window after you cleaned it. Hit the import button, accept and you´re done
Hey something i noticed today. The output format for rolls seems to have gotten a whole bunch of extra lines and space that seem to just take up space. Any ideas? pics included. <a href="https://i.gyazo.com/3162fe4cef9c8854f86705a10a1f0068.png" rel="nofollow">https://i.gyazo.com/3162fe4cef9c8854f86705a10a1f0068.png</a>
james m. said: Hey something i noticed today. The output format for rolls seems to have gotten a whole bunch of extra lines and space that seem to just take up space. Any ideas? pics included. <a href="https://i.gyazo.com/3162fe4cef9c8854f86705a10a1f0068.png" rel="nofollow">https://i.gyazo.com/3162fe4cef9c8854f86705a10a1f0068.png</a> Yes, our group has the same issue, any ideas?

Edited 1530548891
Same here. All I know is that Roll 20 was partially down for a few hours last week (Tuesday). Every roll using the character sheet produced java script errors. This happened during one of our game sessions and on twitter the roll20 team posted that they were working on a solution. I think they updated something in Roll20. I noticed that the options for text formatting in the Handouts changed too. Links imbedded in Handouts aren´t colored anymore in my campaign. So, I think some change in Roll20 is the reason for the roll-output, too. edit: It was 8pm Central European Time+1

Edited 1530549006
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Please encourage the script author to head here . There are some minor CSS changes required to some sheets as a result of the major release last week . Stefan &nbsp;said: Links imbedded in Handouts aren´t colored anymore in my campaign. ^^ this is a known issue which is already on the radar to fix too :) Thanks
That was fast. Thanks! :-)
Jens
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Seems like it is fixed

Edited 1535930451
I started preparing for my first GM session in Roll20 and I'm really glad I have found this Character Sheet. I have a couple of questions. First, sometimes it appears that 3D dice display different results than what is shown in the chat window when doing rolls from the Character Sheet. I have disabled 3D dice so it isn't a big deal, I'm just curious. And the second thing is glitch detection or the lack of it. Is this a limitation of Roll20 character sheets? I spent quite some time looking for some info about this, but couldn't find any. Anyway, I took some time and hacked together a clumsy API script that will detect glitches and critical glitches and will make characters emote it in the Chat. Could something like this get integrated&nbsp;in&nbsp;the character sheet? Anyway, if anyone is interested, here's the link to the script&nbsp; <a href="https://gist.github.com/BigWhale/0363e41dd99651edb56345778e05acc7" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/BigWhale/0363e41dd99651edb56345778e05acc7</a>
Jens
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yes its a limitation of Roll20s character sheets. Same with the 3D Dice, they dont really work on any sheet.
Hey Jens, first off: A fantastic job with the Sheet, I just love it. Have you had a chance to look at "Kill Code"? There are two new Sprite Types for Technomancers in there, one of my players is looking to compile them. I was just wondering if you were adding them / had the stats for them? Thanks a bunch, you're doing great work!

Edited 1536786478
Hey Jens! Thanks a lot for all your hard work on the character sheet, it's a great resource! Would it be possible to add a "bonus" field to damage soak? One of my players has bone density augmentation and we can't find any way to add its rating to his test other than adding it to the incoming AP value. Thanks again!
Jens
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@oh no just add another layer of armor. @lan S. did not look at it yet
Oh, i noticed this thread after creating my initial post. I had a change suggestion in <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6808135/shadowrun-5e-advanced-charactersheet-adding-recoil-to-ranged-attack-calculation" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6808135/shadowrun-5e-advanced-charactersheet-adding-recoil-to-ranged-attack-calculation</a>. Thanks for the great work on the sheet, Domokun