Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] 7.0.0

Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm unsure how to solve it if you really want 2d6 hit dice every level. From my perspective it's unsupported so the rest is up to you.

Edited 1479234957
RMcD said: So how do you do it if you want to play that Ranger? Just set 0 hitdice and manually roll them? Create an entry in the Features and Traits section and manually give yourself 2*level number of uses. Then in the freetext/freeform create a macro to roll it. The details of the roll are somewhat simple [[2d6+@constitution_mod]] (or maybe it is just [[2d6]] without the con modifier?). Use the documentation link at the bottom of the sheet to put in other details if you want. There are plenty of examples of Features and Traits at the end of the document. H
HLazar said: Create an entry in the Features and Traits section and manually give yourself 2*level number of uses. Then in the freetext/freeform create a macro to roll it. The details of the roll are somewhat simple [[2d6+@constitution_mod]] (or maybe it is just [[2d6]] without the con modifier?). Use the documentation link at the bottom of the sheet to put in other details if you want. There are plenty of examples of Features and Traits at the end of the document. That's what I'd do too. If you don't use the API, I'd use normal ranger d10 Hit Dice to manually keep track of how many you have left, and then make a trait macro that rolls 2d6+con_mod. Each time you roll that, manually subtract a hit dice from the pool as normal. It's a bit more overhead, but not bad at all.
Thanks for the help.
RMcD said: Thanks for the help. No problem. Really, that documentation is very complete and has very good examples. I forget who did it but they should get all the credit. H
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Vanakoji did it and does indeed deserve all credit.
Kryx said: Vanakoji did it and does indeed deserve all credit. Yes, thank you for reminding me of the name. Thank you, Vanakoji!! H

Edited 1479322083
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
7.0.6 (2016-11-16) Bug Fixes Spells are really not prepared by default (there were some parts I missed) When "Prepared matters" is checked the color of the spells when condensed on the sheet or on the chat macro will turn gray if the spell is not prepared. If it's prepared or "Prepared matters" is not checked then it's pink. Spell and Psionic chat macros should be fully fixed. They are regenerated when you load into 7.0.6 and parts will regenerate when a spell or psionic is added, removed, or level changed. Please let me know if you experience otherwise. Spell fields should now span the full width of the box on the core page. I can no longer reproduce the spell taking 100% of the width on the spells page. Let me know if you experience it with steps to reproduce on a clean sheet. Small spacing and bolding adjustments to spells and psionics
How do you recommend handling monsters with innate spell casting with the new spells since they are grouped by level, instead of uses per day. Just deal with the way they sort, or is there some trick I'm not seeing?
BTW, I haven't run into anything major that you don't already know about (Drag and drop on Volos, spells in general, reactions) in converting. I've been doing about an hour of work a day, at dinner.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kryx said: 7.0.6 (2016-11-16) *snip* Awesome, old functionality restored with a much better (and faster) system!
Hello Kryx/All Thanks for the splendid work as usual on this. I like the new changes, however me and my players are having a few issues with the new version 1 of my players always have an issue with spells every time a new version of the sheet happens. And this time he again has a lot of spells missing for some reason Spells from 2nd level onward are the ones that are missing (He's a cleric and has a lot of them) Is it because of the way the campaign been copied or anything else? Another matter is the condensed equipment window and no separate tab Is there any chance at all to bring back the equipment tab the way it was? Thanks in advance
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If one player is always having issues with spells then I would suggest to recreate his sheet. Though I presume the upgrade didn't complete: What likely happened is your player did not let the upgrade finish. They likely opened the sheet and then closed it before the upgrade was finished. You can test this by typing this in the console: "@{PLAYERNAME|repeating_spell_$0_name}". If that comes up with anything then the player closed the sheet before it all completed. This is even more likely if they are a cleric as it would get very laggy if he has lots of spells while upgrading. If that's the case then open the "Attributes & Abilities" tab of the character journal and set "version" to "7.0.0" and then close the sheet and reopen it. That will kick off that upgrade again.   The equipment tab is gone for good. Is there any functionality that you are missing? As far as I'm aware all of it and more is in the version on the core page.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
7.0.7 (2016-11-17) Bug Fixes NPC font sizing was too small - it is now 14px Initiative ability mod is now hidden for NPCs when not in edit mode Spells are now correctly sized on the spells tab when in edit mode, condensed, not condensed, etc (should stop that 100% width issue) Spells no longer import with a saving throw on all spells for NPCs with a default ability Default ability and spellcasting level for NPCs moved to the top right to allow for 3 columns of spells When dragging a Volo monster to the tabletop a default token is set. I matched the behavior of OGL here with Bar 1 as HP (unlinked), Bar 2 linked AC, and I added Bar 3 as linked Speed. I also calculate the vision based on the senses field. Psionic level filtering fixed With the removal of target from spells I suggest you update your JSON file to match. I'm also working on adding spells to the NPC sheet. I'll probably post 7.1.0 with that today.

Edited 1479394588
So what do you mean by upgrade? I did as it said here to follow with the copying and pasting of the codes to the game settings. If i change the version to a lower version - Will it correct and fix things automatically? As for the equipment tab - The fact that it was on a separate tab and was extremely wide was very convenient (Especially when adding long descriptions) and now it is all packed into this narrow and long column Sorry not a coder... Just using this =/

Edited 1479396388
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
When a sheet is opened and the version is of a lower version than the current version (example: 7.0.0 is lower than 7.0.7) the sheet starts running some scripts. If the sheet is closed while it is doing this then it can cause problems. I presume this is the problem presented above. If it is the problem (which can be tested by trying to output the name of the first spell in the old section like I put above) then setting the version, closing the sheet, and opening the sheet should resolve the spells disappearing issue. I plan to have some kind of notice before making it public to non-pro members, but I can't find a great solution yet. It won't impact most users - just those with incredibly long spell lists that close their sheet when upgrading. Equipment matches the same user experience of "Attacks". Attacks has far more options than equipment does, but it has been in a small section since the beginning. I've never heard of anyone complain that the Attacks section was too small. Based on that I'd say the area is sufficient for Attacks and therefore equipment.
Geze said: As for the equipment tab - The fact that it was on a separate tab and was extremely wide was very convenient (Especially when adding long descriptions) and now it is all packed into this narrow and long column Yeah, I don't like how long it gets too. May I suggest using the "Misc Notes" section on the 'Character' tab? You could still keep weights by adding all the stuff up inside each container and only put that on the core page. For example, "Backpack, 30 lb", "Sack, 22 lbs", "Pouch, 4 lbs", etc... on 'Core' tab. Then list everything inside those on the "misc notes" field. 
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you do not want to see every item you can mark as many items as desired as "quick" items. There is then a toggle to show all items or only quick items. That should help. Though perhaps I'm seeing something different from you. Perhaps include a screenshot of what you see?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Kryx said: I plan to have some kind of notice before making it public to non-pro members, but I can't find a great solution yet. It won't impact most users - just those with incredibly long spell lists that close their sheet when upgrading. A prudent, proactive and kind DM* might be advised to open and close his players' sheets himself, giving them time to upgrade properly? DMs are probably de facto more in tune with Roll20's workings than their players (since the bar is higher), and this could save a campaign from surprise grief in-play. *I know, the last sounds like an oxymoron....
Kryx said: If you do not want to see every item you can mark as many items as desired as "quick" items. There is then a toggle to show all items or only quick items. That should help. Ah, OK. I didn't catch that. I'll tell all my players about that. They will be happy. 
Thanks for getting the volo thing working at least kinda like theirs. I have to change the tokens a bit anyway, so I can change the speed thing.
keithcurtis said: A prudent, proactive and kind DM* might be advised to open and close his players' sheets himself, giving them time to upgrade properly?  Agreed. We are kind when we want to be. :-D

Edited 1479398009
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
keithcurtis said: A prudent, proactive and kind DM* might be advised to open and close his players' sheets himself, giving them time to upgrade properly? Indeed, I would always recommend DMs opening sheets at the start of each session. Until there is a better solution from roll20's side this is all we have. For my games I just open the players and open NPCs as needed. But as mentioned I'll try to put in some kind of warning overlay or something, but it's rather tricky. Dvergr76 said: Ah, OK. I didn't catch that. I'll tell all my players about that. They will be happy.  Ya, it's a quite nice feature - I'm very happy with it. Do let me know if you are seeing some sheet at a very long length though - I'd like to understand how such a situation would happen. Robert D. said: Thanks for getting the volo thing working at least kinda like theirs. I have to change the tokens a bit anyway, so I can change the speed thing. As far as I understand there is no way for users to configure what goes in each bubble. If I could then I would provide that. My setup is different as well (hp in 3, ac in 1, speed in 2 due to the what the default colors are). Matching OGL seems like the only solution as they've made this choice across all the monsters and games (LMoP, SKT).
Geze said: So what do you mean by upgrade? I did as it said here to follow with the copying and pasting of the codes to the game settings. If i change the version to a lower version - Will it correct and fix things automatically? As for the equipment tab - The fact that it was on a separate tab and was extremely wide was very convenient (Especially when adding long descriptions) and now it is all packed into this narrow and long column Sorry not a coder... Just using this =/ Geze You do not have to upgrade to Kryx's latest version in your game. In fact, most of his latest versions should be considered Beta until he pushes them officially to the system. I would suggest copying your game and then upgrading the sheet to find do the beta testing. But in your 'official' game, leave the sheet alone and let it upgrade itself naturally to the fully released versions. H
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
HLazar said: You do not have to upgrade to Kryx's latest version in your game. In fact, most of his latest versions should be considered Beta until he pushes them officially to the system. I would suggest copying your game and then upgrading the sheet to find do the beta testing. But in your 'official' game, leave the sheet alone and let it upgrade itself naturally to the fully released versions. Indeed, anything not pushed live is still in progress and there are possibly bugs. If you are wary of bugs then stick to the roll20 released version. However if everyone does that then my ability to detect bugs will be severely reduced as I depend on users. Less users = less testing = more bugs when it goes live.
Kryx said: As far as I understand there is no way for users to configure what goes in each bubble. If I could then I would provide that. My setup is different as well (hp in 3, ac in 1, speed in 2 due to the what the default colors are). This aspect bothers me about the compendium implementation as well.  By making the sheet itself determine the token setup, yet having no way to configure it is frustrating.  Not everyone uses the same token configurations, I for one feel that the green bar ends up too high above the token and ends up overlapping other tokens.
Does Lucian's Companion script still allow configuring tokens? That was definitely a Pro perk. Then it doesn't really matter how the compendium does it.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It does. But I don't think it works when dragging a volo monster on the tabletop.
Doug E. said: Does Lucian's Companion script still allow configuring tokens? That was definitely a Pro perk. Then it doesn't really matter how the compendium does it. It does. Maybe Kryx & Lucian could find a way for the conpendium drag out function to be overridden by the API? (e.g. if no API, bars get set to roll20's module default. if API present, bars get set up based on user's API default token settings?)
Kryx said: I plan to have some kind of notice before making it public to non-pro members, but I can't find a great solution yet. It won't impact most users - just those with incredibly long spell lists that close their sheet when upgrading. Is it possible or worthwhile to have a one-time button the user has to push to initiate the upgrade rather than automatic? I'm thinking along the lines of the OGL sheet had that for converting old shaped and community sheet to OGL. Personally, though, I would rather automatic 'cuz I don't have sheets with very many spells (they are easy enough to drag from the compendium for the most part). Another thought would be to pop up a message or sent to chat something like, "Updgrading...this may take a few minutes..." and then a message indicating upgrade complete.

Edited 1479406888
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Upgrades happen very often and in most cases happen without users noticing. Forcing them to hit a button would be worse than it is now. I just need to inform the user when it is a big upgrade. Doug E. said: Another thought would be to pop up a message or sent to chat something like, "Updgrading...this may take a few minutes..." and then a message indicating upgrade complete. That's the idea, but it is hard to identify all the calls running and then only show the message while upgrading, but not at other times.
Liam said: Doug E. said: Does Lucian's Companion script still allow configuring tokens? That was definitely a Pro perk. Then it doesn't really matter how the compendium does it. It does. Maybe Kryx & Lucian could find a way for the conpendium drag out function to be overridden by the API? (e.g. if no API, bars get set to roll20's module default. if API present, bars get set up based on user's API default token settings?) That would be cool but I have to change the tokens anyway (I use top-down rather than pogs). Or, (thinks to himself) maybe it's time to change to pogs. :/ In reality, it is not very many tokens to reconfigure so it currently is not an issue for me.
Kryx, I mean this post as a clarification for accuracy, not as a complaint or criticism. I believe the current official OGL token is: Nameplate marked Bar 1: HP, unlinked Bar 2: AC Bar 3: EMPTY (not speed, speed was in there briefly, but they rolled that back because I and a bunch of others complained the tokens kept changing :) ) Sight on. emit light based on vision. None of the checkboxes checked for "players can see." I personally have to fix the vision on most of them after I bring them over, and I mark all the player check boxes because I feel like characters should have a sense of how they are doing. So I have to tweek them anyway, so *I* don't mind much if you want to put speed in there, but it might be best to match the official token as exactly as possible. Especially if we can get the script to override it. :)
(If my posts seem overly cautious, I MIGHT be currently arguing with my boss at work.) :)

Edited 1479410098
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
My code is the same as OGL for bar 1 and bar 2. I've adding speed and the other vision fields OGL code: setDefaultToken({     bar2_link: "npc_ac",     bar1_value: v["hp_max"],     bar1_max: v["hp_max"],     showname: true,     light_radius: lr,     light_hassight: true }) My code: const hp = getIntValue(v.hp_max); const tokenProps = { bar1_value: hp, bar1_max: hp, bar2_link: 'AC', bar3_link: 'speed', showname: true, showplayers_aura1: true, showplayers_aura2: true, light_angle: 360, light_hassight: true, light_losangle: 360, }; if (radius) { tokenProps.light_radius = radius; } if (dimRadius) { tokenProps.light_dimradius = dimRadius; } I did add speed as I mentioned above. Not sure what you mean "tokens kept changing". Does the vision not work? It should auto calculate, though I have no way of verifying as I don't have Volo. What is the result? If you're noticing the vision is slightly higher it's because roll20's shroud is not accurate so 60 isn't 60.

Edited 1479410608
Kryx said: Does the vision not work? It should auto calculate, though I have no way of verifying as I don't have Volo. What is the result? If you're noticing the vision is slightly higher it's because roll20's shroud is not accurate so 60 isn't 60. Not tried this myself as I've had a few weeks off from D&D, but apparently non-Volo monsters are drag drop enabled too now, so could check that way? ( EDIT: Nevermind, just realised they'd have no token)
I was just pointing out you're doing it differently than the official method and it might be better to standardize on the official method and drop speed. "Token kept changing" refers to the fact that each module roll20 has released so far has released with a different token format. The first two it was just an evolution, they added vision to the Storm King tokens, which seemed more of an upgrade than a bug, but when volo released it was radically different, with HP on a totally different bar. I complained. About five - seven people plus oned me, and they changed it to be inline with Storm King right away.

Edited 1479412849
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
HP and AC match OGL. There is no difference there. OGL doesn't use the 3rd bubble. OGL is free to keep theirs blank, but that seems like a waste. Speed is the most commonly used option so that seems like the natural option. OGL also has poor darkvision and other vision mixing and doesn't automatically include the 360 vision. We shouldn't downgrade to their implementation if it's worse. What's important is the main items match - which they do.
Before I put in my counter argument, are you linking to speed, or just populating it with speed and leaving it unlinked?
(Personally, I use it as a catch all field where I drop data I need on the fly, but don't have anywhere else, like penalties and temp HP, so I have a need for it to be blank.)
I'd REALLY love to be able to link passive perception in that last bubble, but think R20 shot the pooch on that one. Still the case?
I have requested this multiple times, in multiple forms, but Kryx's heart has hardened to my pleas. :)

Edited 1479418297
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Robert D. said: I have requested this multiple times, in multiple forms, but Kryx's heart has hardened to my pleas. :) You can't link to passive perception, it's in a repeating section. The best you could do is set the value. But it would anyway be contentious, different people seem to prefer different values in the 3rd bubble.

Edited 1479418567
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
From 4 posters in this thread (Kevin, Myself, Robert, Dvergr) we have 4 different preferred configuration for token bars. Unfortunately Roll20 has given no means for me to allow users to customize those. The only option I have is a "sane default". Everyone is going to want something different, but I have no ability to grant those desires. Fortunately we're all Pro users so we can use Lucian's Companion Script to set the defaults. Perhaps Lucian's script can also react to dropping items on the table if we're lucky, but maybe not. Unfortunately this is the way that Roll20 set it up. For passive perception I thought I had set something up, but looking through the code it seems to not be the case. Though this comes down to priorities. This is my current list of them: Release the version with attachers for individual spell and psionic levels Finish putting spells onto the NPC page. Extract spellcasting from traits and allow the editing of default ability, spell casting level, and casting class. Calculate the spell DC and saving throw Extract Innate spellcasting from traits. Allow hiding of the spells tab now that both PC and NPC have access to it on their core tab. This'll likely be the default and it can be turned on in settings for those that want the page. Show the overlay for possibly large upgrades Solve cantrips from SRD now that the API has removed the formula Continue progress on OGL conversion. Fix higher level not prompting on some spells (sleep)&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets</a>... Fix higher level not toggling off&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets</a>... Passive perception I have until Tuesday to finish 1, 2, 3, and 4. I'd like to also solve 5 before then. That's the list of priorities. I'd love to do more, but I'm only one person and I will not be available much of December so I want to get a stable release out rather soon.
Yeah, my whole argument for leaving it blank was that everyone would want something different in there, but I wanted to know if you were actually linking it before I fully made my argument because unliking is a huge pain on a converted sheet with all those extra fields to scroll through, but just deleting the speed data from an unlinked field, not so much.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Robert D. said: Yeah, my whole argument for leaving it blank was that everyone would want something different in there, but I wanted to know if you were actually linking it before I fully made my argument because unliking is a huge pain on a converted sheet with all those extra fields to scroll through, but just deleting the speed data from an unlinked field, not so much. As a pro user at least, unlinking is a single click on a TokenMod macro (which can be part of the macro used to set the token up anyway).
I have a giant heart and care about those less fortunate than me. :)

Edited 1479423027
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Well you're assuming that the majority of users would be better off without a 3rd bubble. I'd argue otherwise. I'd argue at least 75% of users don't really care what is in the 3rd bar. Anything is better than nothing for those users. Of the remaining 25% of users there are likely a few options: Speed Passive Perception Open for whatever So if we assume the remaining 25% is evenly split across the 3 (8.3% value for each) then the end result is: 83.33% of users would benefit from having the third bubble be speed 83.33% of users would benefit from having the third bubble be passive perception (if I set this up to work in the first place) 8.3% of users would benefit from having no 3rd bubble selected. The end result is having the 3rd bubble selected is better for the vast majority of cases. Speed is the most readily accessible option and likely the most common. Again, I wish I could solve it so it was customizable, but it's not. :(
You still haven't answered if it's linked or not. I mean seriously, you're gonna do what you want to do, I'm just here to try to argue for consistency.
Why would it being linked be an issue? Scrolling through the list takes no time, if you just want to unlink. Hold the mouse button on the slider, drag it to the top, and click the unlinked option. It's very fast.&nbsp; If you've got another reason why it takes a long time to unlink, please share it. I can't think of one.