Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] 7.0.0

Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I did answer that. The code is right above. Bolded the part in question: Kryx said: My code: const hp = getIntValue(v.hp_max); const tokenProps = { bar1_value: hp, bar1_max: hp, bar2_link: 'AC', bar3_link: 'speed', showname: true, showplayers_aura1: true, showplayers_aura2: true, light_angle: 360, light_hassight: true, light_losangle: 360, }; if (radius) { tokenProps.light_radius = radius; } if (dimRadius) { tokenProps.light_dimradius = dimRadius; } We're both arguing for a better default. Unfortunately due to the way roll20 has setup the system that default will always be something that some users don't want. The best we can do is choose the best "sane default", which I believe the numbers I put above show. For the rest we have the API. Those are the options Roll20 has provided for this feature.
I've spent at least sixty hours now slowly converting all of Storm King. I think I'm about 80% through. That five to ten seconds of scrolling up through all those fields adds up, and every time someone tells me that all my new tokens are going to have another step to make them come into line with the hundreds of tokens I've already made, I just cringe a little. I'm going to deal with it. Obviously. As I've said, I've never cared much for me, because there's probably a macro solution for me. But I've done a LOT of these and scrolling through that huge list of fields when you're prepping for a game on token after token and the deadline is looming starts to frazzle your nerves.

Edited 1479424277
Robert D.
Sheet Author
Sorry, I don't read code by default. (Meaning I don't understand it without a fair amount of effort) Okay, so you're gonna do what you're gonna do. I've said my bit.

Edited 1479424271
 I knew R20 removed the option to link repeating sections when the compendium was released. I wasn't sure if the complaint thread got any traction and just assume it isn't a priority to bring back that functionality.  Now if Kryx can work some coding mojo to get it to work that'd be amazing! Another donation will definitely come his way when that happens. :-D ADDED: For PP that is.
I recommend supporting him through patreon. You might not guess from our argument here, but I do. :)

Edited 1479426229
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Robert D. said: I've spent at least sixty hours now slowly converting all of Storm King. I think I'm about 80% through. That five to ten seconds of scrolling up through all those fields adds up, and every time someone tells me that all my new tokens are going to have another step to make them come into line with the hundreds of tokens I've already made, I just cringe a little. *snip* But I've done a LOT of these and scrolling through that huge list of fields when you're prepping for a game on token after token and the deadline is looming starts to frazzle your nerves. I totally empathize with your here and I applaud your tenacity. Most people would've given up and gone to the OGL sheet by now, but you've stuck by the Shaped sheet and for that I'm thankful. I really hope I can provide full conversion soon - without you bugging me about it I would've stopped long ago as I don't plan on using it. But hopefully soon. For this specific case I think we'll have to wait a few days until Lucian surfaces for air to see if he can handle setting the token fields to the defaults as defined on the script when the creature is dropped on the tabletop. That is the best case scenario. If he can't then it sounds like there is a script option available to at least Pro users. I know it all adds up and for that I'm sorry. I really wish Roll20 did it (and SKT monsters) differently. It would've saved me a lot of effort if they had done so. Dvergr76 said: Now if Kryx can work some coding mojo to get it to work that'd be amazing! Another donation will definitely come his way when that happens. :-D I think I can create a system. It's not too complicated, but it can work like the class levels fields work. If you guys create bug bounties it'll likely encourage me to do that area more. Robert D. said: I recommend supporting him through patreon. You might not guess from our argument here, but I do. :) Thanks for the continued support Robert.

Edited 1479427793
Zym
Sheet Author
The thing with speed. In D&D its usually set and you use it so often that you know what its going to be unless its monster but by that time you have other variables of flying, climbing, swimming, hovering, etc, so while I agree with speed to get a game started at low tier or new players. Passive Perception (even if you can't link it to the bar, am I missing something) is great to have for the DM to see the passive perception of their players without looking through player character sheets. I also asked if it was possible to create a macro to pop up automatically the passive perception of characters in the chat window but because its not linked its not possible. The other use for it is inspiration, where you can quickly give inspiration to a character without them even knowing. Which is always kind of cool.   Temporary Hit points is a good idea.  With so many different reasons for that final bar. Its a real tough call to make. I do appreciate the work.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Alexander said: Passive Perception (even if you can't link it to the bar, am I missing something) is great to have for the DM to see the passive perception of their players without looking through player character sheets This default token is only for NPCs so PCs don't matter in this case. But agreed - lots of options for the 3rd bubble.
I hit so hard on passive perception back in the day because 1) there's a field for it in the SRD that isn't being imported, and 2) it's the monster's AC against stealth and I thought it warranted it's own little field on the sheet, even if you had to manually update it if you scaled the monster. My players start every combat with some degree of stealth to see if some or all of them can get a surprise round, but they are highly tactical. I admit, they may be unusual. Anyway, passive perception IS the stat I have to look up more than any other during play. I use to put it on the tokens manually, but then dropped it when my players started through around a lot of temp HP and the tokens changed and I just decided to leave the bubble blank as a swiss army knife slot. About that time their stealths got to the point where I rarely had to look up the passive perception anyway because the rolls tended to be spectacular successes and spectacular failures. I might rethink when I get a low level party again. :)
But converting spells from modules is way more important, I agree. :) They are a real pain.
Two things I have noticed. - The filters for reaction, bonus, etc. seem to enable and disable themselves on core. When using them you have to click them twice to enable them properly. Seems to not happen (or just less, didn't notice it happening in test) on spell page but does on core. - Quick equipment seems to break after closing and re-opening the sheet. I added 4 items to a sheet (potion of flying, explores kit, potion of climbing, and antitoxin) and disabled quick for the first and it seemed fine. After closing and re-opening the sheet, nothing appeared when quick was toggled on and on one sheet only one thing appeared though nothing seemed more consistent. Any update to equipment seems to make it work again as long as the sheet is open. Quality of life suggestions - On the core page, a hide button for spells in edit mode for an easy "no spells" filter when trying to edit equipment without scrolling past spells. Currently disabling VSM filters or one of the others depending on the spell list works, but having one option to check in edit mode for any spell list would be nice and cover the case of always wanting to hide spells in edit mode but use and save filters is display mode. Minor that isn't needed but would be nice. - For the spells in edit mode, the titles for each spell level and by extension the add/modify for a given level can be a bit hard to find at a glance. Perhaps if it is possible have the spell level titles stand out more in edit mode with white spacing between spells and the X-level (y/z) title and perhaps have it bold to stand out. Anything to make it stand out a bit more in edit mode would be a nice to have when trying to edit spells. For the tokens, I agree that you should just stick to a sane standard and hopefully the script can change the defaults as everyone has their own thing. Just as an example, I use Bar 1 = HP, Bar 2= AC, and Bar 3 = Passive Percp. but even the people I play with use Bar 1 = ac, Bar 2 =  passive percp, Bar 3 = hp so there is never going to be one nice way to do it for everyone so as long as it makes sense, I think it is fine.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The issues you raised are not released. The test campaign is in an intermediate state. That's the cause of the filters problem. I can't reproduce the quick equipment issue issue. For me Quick remains toggled (or untoggled) and the section below reflects that. Spells are either hidden on core or shown. Adding configuration for more minute show/hide would complicate matters more than needed imo. Spells already have a lot of toggles with another one coming soon. I could reduce the font size the spell title while condensed and in edit mode which makes it a bit more compact, but it's not a huge difference. Spell titles while condensed are small, while uncondensed they are big. From what it sounds the change I mention above of making spell names smaller while condensed and editing would help this area. Making the level titles big like they are in uncondensed mode would increase the issue you raised above.
Ok that makes sense to me for spells, the current beta version is already something I love as is. It makes spells much better to use having the condensed view on core and with the other updates I am loving the changes. As for the quick equipment, I spent some time in the test campaign to make sure it is still behaving oddly and have seen it to still be an issue. Here are the steps I used to reproduce it everytime and have figure out it seems to be tied to if the quick check box has been edited. - New sheet. - Added Abacus, Acid, Alchemist fire, Alchemist supplies to equip. - Unchecked quick for acid. - Enter display mode, toggle quick on and off to make sure it is working as expected. - Close sheet. - Open sheet. - Toggle quick on. - Nothing shows in the list. Now, it seems that any update to equipment will make the expected quick items show as they should but it also seems that any item that has been toggled off and then back on does not have this issue and they display as normal even when the sheet has been closed and re-opened. So for example, if on the above you uncheck then re-check acid for quick, it will be the one item shown after re-opening the sheet and turning on quick equip again.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
New thread:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4262560/5e-shaped-7-dot-1-0" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4262560/5e-shaped-7-dot-1-0</a>