Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

WebRTC Video and Voice Chat Issues

Edited 1490841549
keithcurtis said: David W. said: keithcurtis said: Just a note: video and voice chat is available at the free level. The features available at the Plus and Pro level are all pretty darn solid, with perhaps only Table on Tablet being a little disappointing. Yes, but if the basic features are broken, It really doesn't matter if the advanced ones are working and of quality. The advanced lighting, tokens and modules are great that my DM pays for, but if I cant hear what he or half the party says it doesn't matter does it? If I there was a phone that didn't make calls but had a fantastic set of tools on it, at that point its not a phone but a small tablet. I wouldn't pay for that phone if I needed a phone. I submit that the basic function of a phone is to make calls. The basic function of Roll20 is not videochat. Videochat one of the "fantastic set of tools" (theoretically—I won't defend the current implementation) that you did not pay for. If you buy a phone to make phone calls, but the calculator app sucks, well you paid for a phone, and you find a real calculator until someone makes a better app. Again, not defending the state of the video chat. It is demonstrably broken, and people have a right to be frustrated over it (I am). I'm just saying that Roll20 doesn't charge for it, so specifically lamenting lost money over it is a non-sequitur. Yes.   If you're fine paying for a product while a  core feature (it's literally the second planned feature listed in their Kickstarter) has been broken since late October at this point, that's your right.  If others aren't fine and want a refund, that's also  their right as a consumer.   
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Brandon H said: Yes.   If you're fine paying for a product while a  core feature (it's literally the second planned feature listed in their Kickstarter) has been broken since late October at this point, that's your right.  If others aren't fine and want a refund, that's also  their right as a consumer.    I'm very happy with the features I pay for, thanks. But I wouldn't ask for a refund on something I wasn't charged for. Others of course may feel differently.
Hello Roll20 On Monday  March 27 between the hours of 6:30pm - 11:59pm my D&D5 Group Out of the Abyss was experiencing serious performance issues with the WebRTC Technology. Typically we don't usually have issue however the troubles we were having have left us migrating our game to google hangouts. Which is disheartening because I do invest a lot the service you are providing as pro member. Some of the issues we experienced would be one person not being able to see or her another, but everyone else can hear/see them. So consent reconnects have to occur for us to be able to see everyone and overal intermitten service. Two of my members where having extreme lag, which might have been on there end. However when we switched to Google Hangouts as separate medium there issues solved them selves.   Was there any changes recently made? Is there anything specifically I can do to help troubleshoot this issue, things I might be missing. I reviewed the FAQ ont he Wiki, had everyone run that test tool that was posted and they all checked out successfully. At this point i understand its new technology and until it's more proven, we as group might stick to google hangouts until some major updates are done. So some feed back would be appreciated. 
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
DM Farseer said: Hello Roll20 On Monday  March 27 between the hours of 6:30pm - 11:59pm my D&D5 Group Out of the Abyss was experiencing serious performance issues with the WebRTC Technology. Typically we don't usually have issue however the troubles we were having have left us migrating our game to google hangouts. Which is disheartening because I do invest a lot the service you are providing as pro member. Some of the issues we experienced would be one person not being able to see or her another, but everyone else can hear/see them. So consent reconnects have to occur for us to be able to see everyone and overal intermitten service. Two of my members where having extreme lag, which might have been on there end. However when we switched to Google Hangouts as separate medium there issues solved them selves.   Was there any changes recently made? Is there anything specifically I can do to help troubleshoot this issue, things I might be missing. I reviewed the FAQ ont he Wiki, had everyone run that test tool that was posted and they all checked out successfully. At this point i understand its new technology and until it's more proven, we as group might stick to google hangouts until some major updates are done. So some feed back would be appreciated.  There have been no recent changes to the production server in the last couple weeks in regards to WebRTC. We have a major update to the WebRTC system, including an overhauled call connection process currently being tested on the Development server. Once we're confident that these changes result in a measureable improvement and are stable, we will migrate them to the production server. 

Edited 1490907388
So i got an issue, and its affecting others in my game aswell. If i and another person if broadcasting from webcam, we cant see each others cam, if i stop broadcasting, i can see the other persons cam, if i then restart broadcasting, that persons cam freeze for me and no longer works. So in other words, we can not have more than 1 person stream from their cam at ones or we cant see each others cams.. I did the test thingy&nbsp; <a href="https://test.webrtc.org/report/AMIfv940htSgjR-y3gJ" rel="nofollow">https://test.webrtc.org/report/AMIfv940htSgjR-y3gJ</a>... Also, i tried different browsers, i this bug has been going on for us for about 3 weeks now, as thats when we started to use webcams, well 2 of us anymore, but we have never been able to see each other. Yes our settings are video only in broadcast and receive, we can only see the other person if one of us changes broadcast to nothing (disable). EDIT: Most tools dont pick my mic up, as i use a studio mic, whenever i do tests like this, it always claim its not working, but it is. So u dont have to look at that part of the report i guess.
DM Farseer said: Hello Roll20 On Monday &nbsp;March 27 between the hours of 6:30pm - 11:59pm my D&D5 Group Out of the Abyss was experiencing serious performance issues with the WebRTC Technology. Typically we don't usually have issue however the troubles we were having have left us migrating our game to google hangouts. Which is disheartening because I do invest a lot the service you are providing as pro member. Some of the issues we experienced would be one person not being able to see or her another, but everyone else can hear/see them. So consent reconnects have to occur for us to be able to see everyone and overal intermitten service. Two of my members where having extreme lag, which might have been on there end. However when we switched to Google Hangouts as separate medium there issues solved them selves. &nbsp; Was there any changes recently made? Is there anything specifically I can do to help troubleshoot this issue, things I might be missing. I reviewed the FAQ ont he Wiki, had everyone run that test tool that was posted and they all checked out successfully. At this point i understand its new technology and until it's more proven, we as group might stick to google hangouts until some major updates are done. So some feed back would be appreciated.&nbsp; Thank you for posting your experience! &nbsp;I was experiencing the same thing as DM running LMoP on Sunday nite March 26. &nbsp;I am a paid subscriber, and my players and I were very frustrated with the WebRTC issues: getting disconnected repeatedly, lag, trying to reconnect and relog in several times. &nbsp;ROLL20 PLEASE TEST AND FIX THIS!!!
Yesterday (3/30/2017) our group tried to use the WebRTC. 6 total people accessing it. The system functioned when there were only 4. At the addition of the 5th one problems began appearing. One player could not hear the GM at all, while everyone else could. Then he relogged, a few minutes later he lost the ability to hear the GM at all. When the 6th person joined, I could not hear them, while everyone else could. Then people started randomly losing the ability to hear people. This persisted until we were forced to switch to a Google Hangout. Sadly this is a very big problem because one of our players will not &nbsp;use any other VOIP. Insisting on only using Roll20 or Google Hangouts only. With Google Hangouts being lost in 2 days I would rather not lose a player.
Steve K. said: DM Farseer said: Hello Roll20 On Monday &nbsp;March 27 between the hours of 6:30pm - 11:59pm my D&D5 Group Out of the Abyss was experiencing serious performance issues with the WebRTC Technology. Typically we don't usually have issue however the troubles we were having have left us migrating our game to google hangouts. Which is disheartening because I do invest a lot the service you are providing as pro member. Some of the issues we experienced would be one person not being able to see or her another, but everyone else can hear/see them. So consent reconnects have to occur for us to be able to see everyone and overal intermitten service. Two of my members where having extreme lag, which might have been on there end. However when we switched to Google Hangouts as separate medium there issues solved them selves. &nbsp; Was there any changes recently made? Is there anything specifically I can do to help troubleshoot this issue, things I might be missing. I reviewed the FAQ ont he Wiki, had everyone run that test tool that was posted and they all checked out successfully. At this point i understand its new technology and until it's more proven, we as group might stick to google hangouts until some major updates are done. So some feed back would be appreciated.&nbsp; There have been no recent changes to the production server in the last couple weeks in regards to WebRTC. We have a major update to the WebRTC system, including an overhauled call connection process currently being tested on the Development server. Once we're confident that these changes result in a measureable improvement and are stable, we will migrate them to the production server.&nbsp; Thank you for the response Steve! I look forward to when the issue is resolved!&nbsp;

Edited 1491231909
' I have been struggling to figure out why my camera isn't able to connect to roll20. I have tried the troubleshoot guide, including switching from chrome to Firefox and deleting my history, yet nothing has worked. I'm not sure if this is the problem but my address bar (on the top) is different than the one on the troubleshoot guide (on the bottom). Any help would be greatly appreciated. UPDATE: I'm not sure if this is the source of my issues, but the roll20 application does not ask me if it can use my web camera unlike all other websites.&nbsp;
Hi, Not a lot to add at this point, we submitted some debugs from today's session. I have three players plus the GM - two at one location in the US, one located in Germany and one located in Spain. My first connection was to the player in Spain and that stayed fairly stable until the player form Germany connected. Then they consistently would drop off. If there is any further info that we can provide or testing we can help with, let us know. I at least will continue using Roll20 Pro for our gaming side, but will have to supplement with a video option after the 25th of this month if Roll20 video isn't fully working without disconnects. I like the product and am still interested in seeing where you guys go with it --- would it be possible to partner with a video service if the in house video is too much work? I don't ask to be flippant, but since I work in the IT field, I know how hard it is to split focus on troubleshooting. I also am familiar with services getting terminated when you rely on them; especially in how Google handles it. Thanks for all your work @roll20. Let us know what we can do to help troubleshoot.&nbsp; Regards
Gid
Roll20 Team
Right now we’re testing a suite of WebRTC updates to hopefully introduce even stronger stability to user’s video/voice calls. These updates are currently on the Developer's Server, so you will need to be a Pro user to create a game on there, but any subscription tier user can play on a Dev Server game. For future replies to this thread, please let us know if you've been seeing your issues on Production or on the Developer's Server. Here’s what’s been updated to WebRTC on the Dev Server: Update 1 - Resolving the Chain of Calls When WebRTC activates it begins connecting individual users sequentially from the first user to log into the game to the very last. The expected result was that each user would go down the chain of users until everyone was connected to the call. Call 1: User A is hailed, User A receives the request and connects to the call, Move on to Call 2 Call 2: User B is hailed, User B receives the request and connects to the call, Move on to Call 3 Call 3: User C is hailed, User C receives the request and connects to the call, Move on to Call 4 Call 4: User D is hailed, User D receives the request and connects to the call, Move on to Call 5 (repeat this process until all Users currently logged into the game are connected) The unexpected problem we discovered is that when a user in the order fails to connect, the entire chain of connections stops cold. So we have the following occur: Call 1: User A is hailed, User A receives the request and connects to the call, Move on to Call 2 Call 2: User B is hailed, User B does not receive the request, doesn’t connect to the call, Process Hangs There are no Calls 3, 4, 5, … made out to the remainder of the users in the group. The Chain dies at User B. Worse, we also didn’t have an error being thrown out when this occurred so we wouldn’t know when the connection breaks. For those in a game, it would feel like the entire call failed rather than being able to identify which user in particular was having difficulties with WebRTC. Now with this update, there is a purposely made delay as it connects to the users down the chain. If a user is unable to connect, the chain of connections will continue onto the next user until all users have been given a chance to connect to the call. This way the gaming group will be able to identify the user who needs Video/Voice troubleshooting. Update 2 - No More Doubled-Up Calls Previously, if two users logged in to a game at close to the exact same time, WebRTC would have the two users call each other and the result would be two separate connections between the two users rather than one. This lead to a great deal of call instability where one of the video feeds would be overwritten by the other and it would be impossible to tell which one. This made it impossible for our system to know which feed to attach the Volume and Whispering controls to. With this update we’ve locked down the connection system and made the process “atomic”. In programming terms, the calls between users are locked down to a specific order even if the two users log in within a fraction of second apart. Multiple users doing the exact same thing, at the exact same time, with the same data doesn’t have an impact on the order in which the calls are being sent out and connecting. Update 3 - No More Volume Meter Stacking We have added more polish to the Volume Meter. Previously, when users reconnected, it was possible for multiple instances of the same volume meter to stack on top of each other. This would cause the volume meter to flash at best or be entirely unstable at worst. Now everyone should only have a single Volume Meter that clears itself properly in the case of a browser refresh or reconnect. Remaining Issue Sometimes a call connection with a user may go through without issue, but all anyone else sees is a Black Box for their video feed and no audio transmitted. This issue is due to a browser hiccup (likely caused with all the other background processes Roll20 is doing at that very moment) when the call connection was made. From Roll20's side, it looks like the connection is made, but the user's browser isn’t actually sending any video or voice data. In most cases, all the User should have to do is click on the Reconnect Button from the Settings Tab to kickstart the browser to establish a new connection.
That sounds promising! Thank you so much. Question: will this also be able to handle it when two or more players are using the same wi-fi connection? (Thus far, we can't see or hear each other.)
@Jen- just FYI, I play a bi-weekly game where my daughter, who is on the same wi-fi as me, plays.She disconnects occasionally, but is able to reconnect using the reconnect button. We can see and hear each other. I know you've probably tried using the reconnect button, but I wanted to let you know it seems to be working on my network. Could it be a bandwith issue uploading two streams?

Edited 1491269290
Jen
Pro
Good possibility, Matt, though it tests out at&nbsp;22.6 Mbps which is supposedly above average. (And yeah, tried reconnect etc. etc.) Edited to add: Also it occurs to me it isn't even wi-fi, we're both wired to the router.

Edited 1491396268
4-3-17 Broken WebRTC continues to be a major issue for everyone. &nbsp;I am trying my hardest to get my group to move over to anything other than this ( I even offered to use can and string). &nbsp;Personally I have already made sure to tell every single new person do not rely on roll20 for communication. &nbsp;It is a great service to run games but not for voice or video (though it was once... you got rid of what was working for something broke). &nbsp;It would be nice though if our 100 dollars a year included a voice and video feature so we did not have to run a separate app. &nbsp;
@Kristin C -- thanks for the update; sounds good and I look forward to it. @Jen -- my spouse and I run on the same wi-fi without too much disconnect. I found that it helps if all our browsers are updated to current versions. There are many variables from user to user as well, so definitely a tough troubleshoot. It also helped to run through the Roll20 trouble shooter from earlier in this thread, that caught a couple of issues for us.

Edited 1491345551
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Kristin C. said: For future replies to this thread, please let us know if you've been seeing your issues on Production or on the Developer's Server. Just thought that deserved a spotlight, since it was buried in all your other text. I suspect that the two different servers are very different animals for WebRTC at the moment. Thank you and the other devs for your continued updates.&nbsp;
Kirsty
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Kristen. I tried the new features on the dev server for my Tuesday night game. We were still experiencing connectivity issues between two of the players using video and voice. We tried using both Firefox and chrome and had the same issues both times. Clicking the reconnect button or reloading the game would fix the issue for a couple of minutes before it happened again. Are you guys still interested in console logs for these issues?&nbsp;
I've been patiently waiting for the WedRTC fix. My group and I have been using Discord since December, but I've just found out that it is banned in the UAE as of 28 March, because unlicensed VoIP services there are illegal. The UAE just happens to be where one of my players lives. Now I'm having to look into other options.

Edited 1491606939
tested in game this&nbsp;wednesday 4/5 on both production and dev server with 4 total users. On both, we still had connectivity issues with drops between multiple users with no amount of reconnects sorting things out. if this isnt fixed soon we will have to find a new service unfortunately, as every week this will it work, wont it work process and then opening a new video service waste thirty mins of our game time. i hope it get fixed soon
It's getting so bad that our group is considering looking for another platform. &nbsp;This issue ruins our games basically.
It's been noted earlier but for anybody newer to this thread, I suggest not relying on roll20 for audio. We'd like it to work, but until it does, there's no point in frustrating yourself and interrupting your game to try and get reconnected. Video is nice but you can run a game without it; at least the game is playable. In our case, we use the Teamspeak 3 client:&nbsp; <a href="https://www.teamspeak.com/teamspeak3.html" rel="nofollow">https://www.teamspeak.com/teamspeak3.html</a> And we get a cheap ($29/year), reliable Teamspeak server from these folks: <a href="https://www.typefrag.com/billing/default.aspx?type" rel="nofollow">https://www.typefrag.com/billing/default.aspx?type</a>... Having the ability to control volume by individual, use push-to-talk or not, pull people into a "GM Corner" side channel for a quick whispered conversation, set a priority speaker, pipe in music with a bot, and so on... &nbsp;that makes it worth it to us. Hopefully roll20's version of these functions will work someday.&nbsp;
IsItMyTurnYet
Marketplace Creator
On Dev Server: Problems that most are having above, such as: 1 or two people not showing up, hit reconnect, works for a min and then two different people can't see each other, etc, rinse repeat. These were reproduced in my game last night as a test for the new update. It only occurs(for me) when we're not all using the same browser. I was using firefox and they were using chrome . When I switched to chrome all issues went away and we played an uninterrupted game, which was nice. For anyone having problems, try having everyone use chrome. It worked for me, or maybe everyone use the same browser as it might not be browser specific, but it just has problems when there are different browsers involved.
Another disappointing game session Saturday night. &nbsp;Audio and video was pretty stable for first hour and then failed completely. &nbsp;We moved audio over to Discord and continued. &nbsp;After being a Plus subscriber for several years I've asked Roll20 to suspend my paid membership until the WebRTC problems are resolved. &nbsp;Some members have pointed out that the paid membership pays for certain enhancements and the audio/video is free. &nbsp;My perspective is different. &nbsp;I became a Plus member before dynamic lighting was a thing, and I haven't needed the added memory that came with it. &nbsp;I paid for my membership because I loved Roll20 and how it allowed my friends and I to connect. &nbsp;I felt I should pay for that. &nbsp; But since roll20 has apparently prioritized marketing new products over the core services, I no longer see the value. &nbsp;
Is it intentional the the video chat only starts filming once there is more than one person in a game? For example, when I was alone I could not see myself on screen but once someone else joined I could.
Cletus S. said: Is it intentional the the video chat only starts filming once there is more than one person in a game? For example, when I was alone I could not see myself on screen but once someone else joined I could. Yes that is the way it is intended to work. You need at least two people online for the voice/video to start up.
Used the Dev Server this weekend for our game of 1 GM / 3 Players. Seemed more stable than production server. We had to reconnect maybe six or eight times over a two-half hour period? We can't use production server without pretty much constant reconnecting, so this is definitely an improvement. Sent a debug in during one of the disconnects - to devs - message me if you need any additional help, info or trouble shooting. Thanks! =)
in the public server is no possible to run the game any more... with 3 players total disaster... with 5 more disaster...&nbsp;
I can run my late night Friday SWN game with four people total using the WRTC. My Saturday evening D&D needs to use Skype as the WRTC can't handle six total. My monthly Sunday evening D&D with five people can mostly use WRTC with reconnects every 20 minutes or so. The problems seem to be tied to the total people in the party and to the traffic on the server.
Our group has been having some issues for the past couple months. There are 5 total players and we keep running into situations where certain players can't see/hear other players. We can typically solve this problem by everybody refreshing a bunch but it is certainly frustrating. Are there any other fixes other than refreshing?&nbsp;
Ed S. said: Cletus S. said: Is it intentional the the video chat only starts filming once there is more than one person in a game? For example, when I was alone I could not see myself on screen but once someone else joined I could. Yes that is the way it is intended to work. You need at least two people online for the voice/video to start up. Good to know, I felt clueless.
PorkPork said: Our group has been having some issues for the past couple months. There are 5 total players and we keep running into situations where certain players can't see/hear other players. We can typically solve this problem by everybody refreshing a bunch but it is certainly frustrating. Are there any other fixes other than refreshing?&nbsp; My friends and I have been having the exact same issue. I have no solution other than the reconnect button in options.
My group is having the same issue. &nbsp;Video from our GM seems to work reliably but often we cannot see video from the rest of the players. &nbsp;Refreshing sometimes fixes the issue the only thing the seems to work is for me to STOP streaming video then I can see the other players who are. &nbsp;We have had to start using another program for voice as we can no longer rely on the Roll20 interface. &nbsp;
Chiming in on the same topic. Had 6 people trying to patch in last night. At most we could only get 4 with video and audio. Two of us are paying subscribers, not the kind of service expected in return. With Google suspending the Roll20 app by the end of this month, hoping Roll20 is working hard on a stable video and voice platform in time for the changeover.
IsItMyTurnYet
Marketplace Creator
For Brian, Megan and Jonathan; Is everyone on the same browser or are they varied? I ask because I had the same issue until I started using chrome (I was the only one using Firefox). Once everyone was on chrome, it's been flawless (we're a 6 person group). So just throwing that out there, dunno if that solution only works for our group or others as well.

Edited 1492472130
If your GM does have access to the Dev server, have them give it a try. Players do not have to be PRO, just the GM --- I copied over my existing game and it was straight forward to launch from there. Doesn't fix everything, but it was quite a bit better - this would also probably help the Devs do further testing if they gather stats from their server.
IsItMyTurnYet I believe we are all on Chrome. &nbsp;
Gid
Roll20 Team
Hello everyone, Today we pushed our&nbsp; WebRTC updates that I mentioned earlier on this thread from the Developer's Server to Production. So now everyone's game will have access to these feature changes. Next on our list of things to attempt is to create a flagging system that goes off if a user stops broadcasting any data in the call. If the flagging system is possible, then we can get WebRTC to Reconnect the user's feed automatically.
That would be an awesome feature Kristin, and one I'm looking forward to. Please do let us know how that is coming along and if there's anything we can do to help :)
Thank you Kristin! Also, if any of you use AdBlockPlus browser extension, be aware that soon it may not play nicely with roll20's voice/cameras. (Hopefully we can just whitelist roll20, though.) <a href="https://adblockplus.org/development-builds/new-fil" rel="nofollow">https://adblockplus.org/development-builds/new-fil</a>...
Over the past 2 months my various games, whether as a player or as a DM, I had major issues with video/audio, where most of the time out of 4 people in the game, nobody could see everyone, so we ended up de-activating audio and switching for Skype with just Roll20's video activated. With today's update I was hoping it would get better, and the contrary happened. Nobody could start either video or audio at all. Nothing worked whatsoever and we had to run today's session with no video and Skype on the side. Far from ideal. Any pointers ?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Guls, We had some serious caching issues for a few hours earlier today that could be directly responsible for a bad video/voice chat experience. Please give it another shot. If your group is still having issues, can you have the players experiencing problems run through the Roll20&nbsp; Video and Voice Chat Troubleshooting . If any of these steps help let us know. If not, let us know that too and provide a console log as it suggests in the final steps of the troubleshooting guide.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Guls said: Over the past 2 months my various games, whether as a player or as a DM, I had major issues with video/audio, where most of the time out of 4 people in the game, nobody could see everyone, so we ended up de-activating audio and switching for Skype with just Roll20's video activated. With today's update I was hoping it would get better, and the contrary happened. Nobody could start either video or audio at all. Nothing worked whatsoever and we had to run today's session with no video and Skype on the side. Far from ideal. Any pointers ? Was that on the Dev Server?
Just had a session (after the Dev changes were moved to Production) First time I've used the chat in a while on the Production server (probably since just after roll20 webRTC became the only option) today with my group. Remained stable for 3 hours (with only one player needing to reconnect once or twice), then as 3 hours hit the call practically collapsed, 2 players unable to reconnect despite numerous attempts. Finished last 15 minutes of session through appear.in. Big improvement on previous attempts to use roll20 webRTC and with the connection only really having major issues for the last few minutes, I'm quite happy that the system seems to be improving, at least for my group. Had been going to try on Dev anyway before the changes got moved onto Production. Fingers crossed the system continues to get more stable, maybe the caching issues mentioned above was what caused the last few minutes of issues.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
There was an additional WebRTC video/voice problem interrupting service this afternoon. Not everyone's games were getting the proper permission needed to make use of the new call connection system and were failing to work at all. We think we've resolved this issue. Please let us know if you're having any issues in your games.
Jen said: ... In our case, we use the Teamspeak 3 client:&nbsp; <a href="https://www.teamspeak.com/teamspeak3.html" rel="nofollow">https://www.teamspeak.com/teamspeak3.html</a> And we get a cheap ($29/year), reliable Teamspeak server from these folks: <a href="https://www.typefrag.com/billing/default.aspx?type" rel="nofollow">https://www.typefrag.com/billing/default.aspx?type</a>... ... Jen, thanks. &nbsp;Set this up for our game last night. &nbsp;It was more happymaking than Discord, and waaay more than Roll20 in its current state. &nbsp;We had Roll20 on video only and streams were cutting in and out at more or less the same rate as before the update (alas), so I guess there's a way to go there. &nbsp;[We were on Production, though I guess that doesn't make a difference now that the update has been put on Production too]. &nbsp; So +1 for TypeFrag with Teamspeak. &nbsp;Crystal clear and rock solid. &nbsp;We got to spend our whole session gaming. &nbsp;
This weekend was first weekend since November 2016 that my group was able to use WebRTC Voice, so the new update helped for my two groups. &nbsp;Thank you Roll20 developers for your work.&nbsp;

Edited 1492988392
I was very excited about using Roll20, just like all the folks in the fancy videos do...in fact, if I liked it enough, I was gonna subscribe. But now...? With no audio, and the site not even asking for permission to use my mic...? Not so much.

Edited 1492994204
Jen
Pro
Doc, you can tell your browser whether or not sites need to ask for mic and camera permission, and whether they're allowed to have it on this particular site. In Chrome, you click the lock to the right of the URL and choose from there. (Or if you mean, why isn't it asking to use the mic/camera inside a game...&nbsp; 1. it only starts up that tech when there are multiple players present. 2. you also need to select whether you're sharing video/voice under the gear icon on the upper right of roll20's interface)
Karl V.
Plus
Translator
Neither of my two groups were helped by this update. After 15-20 min ppl started dropping out again. Please do not consider this closed. There are still issues with WebRTC. Please let us know what data you need to get to the bottom with this.