Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e Shaped Script] Version 11+

I am having the exact same issue in all my games using 15.1.1 and script 11.1.0.  Games that monster and spell import worked fine in yesterday stopped working today.  I was thinking maybe it was my account as I also lost all music sound in the client.   Most likely an unrelated issue.  I am wondering if maybe roll20 made a change to the api?  I am able to import monsters via statblock just fine.  I have not changed anything since they last worked with these versions.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nothing on the script or sheet has changed. Have you ensured that the script is still running by restarting it?

Edited 1500624243
Multiple times.  I am the same mike from the bug thread.  I tested multiple campaigns and the same thing is happening in all of them.  I dont have a dev server game so didnt test there.  Everything worked fine as of late or early yesterday morning as I was doing prep for tonight's game.  Tokens and actions created before yesterday worked.  Token actions created this evening gave the error I posted in the bug thread.  Through all of this I changed nothing sheet-wise or script-wise in either game.  We ran the game tonight and just used the sheets for everything instead of token actions created by the script.  I created 2 monstwers tonight using the statblock import and they worked flawlessly and their token actions worked.  It seems only the !shaped-spells and !shaped-monsters fail and there is no error in the api.  It is like nothing happens.  !shaped-abilities command works and creates the token action but then the offense actions spit out the error that the ability doesnt exist. Token actions for characters in the other campaign made before today work fine.  It is only NEW actions created today that cause the above.  Again nothing was changed on my end from one day to the next.  I am falling asleep now so will look at it again tomorrow and add you to both campaigns if you wish to look at things.  Then again I am hoping it will just start working again since nothing really changed lol. If it helps they are manually added with custom sheet also.  I am not using the auto one click feature or the auto sheet update.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Mike said: Games that monster and spell import worked fine in yesterday stopped working today. This is a different issue than the one you are raising now. Please see&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/5319092/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/5319092/</a> for the issue you are raising now. The changes only have impact on PC Offense and Utility items. It has no impact on NPCs at all.
Sorry. &nbsp;My point was everything was working at one point with zero issues. &nbsp;A few hours later it all went haywire. &nbsp;Token actions, importing from the datafile etc. &nbsp;Nothing was changed on my end. &nbsp;OIt worked and then it didnt. &nbsp;Yes they are 2 different issues...this I understand. &nbsp;But isnt it odd that both issues started out of the blue for no reason at all and due to no changes on my end? &nbsp;I dont think or believe it is an issue with the script because it was working just fine. &nbsp;Hell it may be again I havent logged in to check yet this morning. &nbsp;Thanks fr your response. &nbsp;I will watch and see what developes since I may be coming across as combative. &nbsp;I assure you I am not but my social skills and communication skills in text are horrible haha.

Edited 1500653815
Zym
Sheet Author
@Mike The same here&nbsp; !shaped-monsters has stopped working.&nbsp; Also my data.js is blank&nbsp; Everything else is working fine.
Ok I have an update. &nbsp;I double checked and apparently the older campaign is indeed using sheet 15.0.1 and not 15.1.1. &nbsp;The token macros in THIS campaign create and function properly. &nbsp;BUT the monster import and spell import produce nothing in the chat window and generate zero errors in the api which seems to be happening both on this sheet and the newer 15.1.1. &nbsp;Both were working 2 days ago as I used them to import monsters. &nbsp;The token action issue may very well be related to sheet version at this point but as I said I am no coder. &nbsp;I only know it was working and now it isnt. &nbsp;I am going to revert the campaign with the newer sheet back to 15.0.1 and see what happens. &nbsp;will update later this afternoon if I can
Zym
Sheet Author
Well I certainly have some ideas and suggestion if this is something via the roll20 admins. Could be just a random error.&nbsp;
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Please see&nbsp; #7: !shaped-spells and !shaped-monsters not working or&nbsp; #6: !shaped-abilities creates incorrect abilities for new "_roll" type abilities for the issues. #6 is resolved and will be released sometime soon. #7 is not resolved. If you would like to add your feedback there please do, but please keep this thread clear of discussion on those issues.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Mike said: I am going to revert the campaign with the newer sheet back to 15.0.1 Please never try to downgrade your sheet version. Errors can possibly occur as the upgrade process is a one way process. If you do so there will be no further support provided.

Edited 1500660751
Experiencing some lag when making changes to a character sheet. I'll click 'edit' and then 'save changes' (whether I have changed anything or not) and then the character sheet will go blank like this for a few moments, and I am unable to click any of the tabs. Is there any other information I can give to help fix this issue? Thanks for the epic sheets! (just for clarity: I'm a player not GM) &nbsp;
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This thread is for the script, not the character sheet. Please keep sheet queries on the sheet thread. What you're experiencing is how roll20 works and has nothing to do with the sheet besides the sheet storing a lot of data so roll20's lack of display while in the loading state is more apparent.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Update on the !shaped-spells and !shaped-monsters issues:&nbsp; <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/issues/7/shaped-spells-and-shaped-monsters-not" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/issues/7/shaped-spells-and-shaped-monsters-not</a> Looks like some change on Roll20's end.

Edited 1500675423
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Edit: Never mind. Misread.

Edited 1500675262
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Kryx, is there any way to easily tell which version of the script you have currently installed? I always grab the latest, but I usually update script and all three parts of the sheet, since I'm never sure if I missed an update.
keithcurtis said: Kyx, is there any way to easily tell which version of the script you have currently installed? I always grab the latest, but I usually update script and all three parts of the sheet, since I'm never sure if I missed an update. !shaped-config is how I check ... it will report the version number
Is a fix in the works? Should we voice our dissatisfaction on the forum to support a change?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nope, I have done nothing and can do nothing to fix what seems to be a change on Roll20's end. If this is a change on their end which it seems then they'll need to fix it.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The script outputs the current version to the API output panel.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Yeah, I just read the tracker thread and edited my posts. That's a bummer. I liked that feature. I had no idea that much info was being passed to the chat window. Would that balloon the chat log more quickly?

Edited 1500676404
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The possible change seems to limit the amount of characters which impacts many scripts which output a large amount of characters. Aaron's Calendar script for example will have problems as well. We'll see what Roll20 can do. EDIT:&nbsp; Bug opened for Roll20
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
keithcurtis said: Would that balloon the chat log more quickly? No, it's set to not archive.
Kryx said: Nope, I have done nothing and can do nothing to fix what seems to be a change on Roll20's end. If this is a change on their end which it seems then they'll need to fix it. So you let them know it is a problem. Good. Hope this isn't an attempt to somehow cut hosting costs or avoid putting a new server online to accomodate demand
Was thinking about fixes if Roll20 digs its heels in on this change. If the spell script only showed the top portion when originally hit (class/level/domain etc), and the monster script only showed letters of the alphabet and perhaps a cr option, it would fall within the acceptable range.&nbsp;
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've already cleaned up the html that I send so it uses less characters, but that wouldn't be enough.&nbsp;Removing the query link would be step 2 and then I'd have to see how much further to go. I'm going to wait for a reply from Roll20 before making big changes though
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
11.2.0 Features Changed the way that !shaped-spells and !shaped-monsters sends data to the chat so that it sends less data. This relies more on the character sheer so please have version 15.2.0. Bug fixes #4: Known spells with single quotes not greyed out in spell explorer #6: !shaped-abilities creates incorrect abilities for new "_roll" type abilities #5: !shaped-rest not working rest token actions are now setup correctly. Old ones will have to be manually fixed.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
11.3.0 Features All !shaped-abilities options now use the new roll roll name.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks Kryx!
Hey there! Loving the ease of use of the sheet combined with the companion script, but got myself a problem I can't seem to figure out... I've got Script v11.2.0, sheet 15.3.0 (though tried this with a version a few months old which worked before, but can't get it to work anymore) !shaped-spell --fireball would work perfectly fine, and most monsters I import from my custom json database import fine, but using !shaped-spells for the list method just results in silence. No error in the API output console, nothing in chat, just emptiness. This even happens in my other running campaign, where I've used it for a while before I made a copy of a new game, where I updated the sheets later in an attempt to see if it was caused by some internal roll20 changes the sheet/script had to be updated for. Is there anything I could do on on my side to fix it?

Edited 1500770157
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Please report all issues on the issue tracker as specified in the op. See&nbsp; <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/issue" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/issue</a>... Which is the same issue as you described. It's discussed further up in this thread as well.
Thanks!&nbsp; I read over the issue tracker entirely, I'll keep an eye out on it from now on.
Anthyrst said: Thanks!&nbsp; I read over the issue tracker entirely, I'll keep an eye out on it from now on Spell import by Query works fine in the interum.&nbsp;
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
same with !shaped-spell --fireball
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
11.3.1 Bug fixes #8: Uses not decrementing without a maximum uses value
It was nice to see the template you set up for custom monster and spells. Is there an existing way to add a freetext field as part of the import?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Gary W. said: It was nice to see the template you set up for custom monster and spells. Is there an existing way to add a freetext field as part of the import? No, you can add emotes, but that's it.
To bad. The shaped sheet works exceptionally well with the area effect script. You can place the command in the freetext area. &nbsp;!areasOfEffectApplyEffectAtToken @{target|token_id} 20 Fireball
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That would require freeform, not freetext. If you're looking to setup spell effects the sheet and script already support it. If you'd be willing to add the data I can add it to all spells and import that data automatically.
So create a list of the commands? !areasOfEffectApplyEffectAtToken @{target|token_id} 20 Fireball !areasOfEffectApplyEffectAtToken @{target|token_id} 20 Vitriolic_Sphere &nbsp; etc? I believe I could do that.&nbsp; There would need to be some way to either turn off that field for people who don't use the area of effect script or be able to choose from two different companion scripts. The users would have to be willing to create entries in the area if effects script to match those choices.&nbsp;

Edited 1500929745
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm not talking about using another script. The Shaped Sheet and Shaped Script together already support spell effects. Add a spell and you'll see a section labeled "Special effects". If you add the appropriate data there then the effect will trigger when that spell is used (I admittedly haven't checked it in a while, but it should work). It can target enemies or do point blank AoE type effects. Spells can have the following fields: special_effects_type special_effects_color special_effects_points_of_origin sourceToTarget target source targetToSource So if you compile all that&nbsp;data for every spell I can add them to the data. If I set this up I will add a setting to turn off the import of effects when importing a spell.
Ahh- I thought we might me talking about different things. The Special Effects built into the sheet are nice. They add some flash to the casting of the spell. Stephen L. created a script called areas of effect ( <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4041327/script-a" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4041327/script-a</a>... that places a token on the vtt. While the special effects add flash the area of effect script makes it easy to judge what tokens are affected by the spell. Or to remember what part of the vtt has ground controlling effects. Personally, I use both.&nbsp;
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That method requires each user to first configure each effect. It isn't something that can be exported to all users. It wouldn't make sense to add such a system to the script, especially when much of it is a duplication of the spell effects. If anyone is interested in data entry for the spell effects it'd be nice to have that feature.
Fair is Fair, we ask a ton from you Kryx I'd like to be part that gives back more than a little money. I remember Lucian's questionnaire for the effects. Somewhere I can find or hobble together an input form for the database of spells, which works because I've been attempting to enter another source of spells anyway. Send 'em my way - along with any helpful suggestions etc.
trying to grab the latest code to update the api but i am getting 404 not found when using the github
Mirror Self said: trying to grab the latest code to update the api but i am getting 404 not found when using the github Using the following link? <a href="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mlenser/roll20-api-scripts/master/5eShapedScript/5eShapedScript.js" rel="nofollow">https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mlenser/roll20-api-scripts/master/5eShapedScript/5eShapedScript.js</a>
Shadowspawn said: Mirror Self said: trying to grab the latest code to update the api but i am getting 404 not found when using the github Using the following link? <a href="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mlenser/roll20-api-scripts/master/5eShapedScript/5eShapedScript.js" rel="nofollow">https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mlenser/roll20-api-scripts/master/5eShapedScript/5eShapedScript.js</a> I may not have used that one, but thank you!
!shaped-monsters working for me again tonight. Did they just fix it?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I will be on vacation until the end of August. I'll check my email regularly so if you open issues or post here I may respond.
John S. said: !shaped-monsters working for me again tonight. Did they just fix it? Neither spells or monsters are working for me this morning. Got excited when you say that.&nbsp;