Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e Shaped Script] Version 11+

Edited 1540839338
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
alexander h.  said: Actually quite the opposite on the bubbles. They fill with an X when you expend a spell slot. Oops, you're right. Fixed.
keithcurtis said: I don't have an answer for the longbow--I can't see the edit mode, which would show the expected ammo type. You don't have any spell slots available on the bless. (Those bubbles should be filled in.) This might be the time for Lucien or Kryx to step in and save the day. The ammo type is definitely the same. I've copied and pasted etc.  I'm going to go through the settings for the game I have that works and this game on side by side screens and see if I can see any differences I think. Thanks for your input though.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Richard B. said: "5eShapedCompanion 1540799342628 ERROR : TypeError: Cannot read property 'timeoutId' of undefined\n    at resolvePending (apiscript.js:6475:30)\n    at eventDispatcher.registerAttributeChangeHandler (apiscript.js:6489:19)\n    at handlerWrapper (apiscript.js:7319:33)\n    at forEach.handler (apiscript.js:7235:82)\n    at Array.forEach (native)\n    at EventDispatcher.roll20.on (apiscript.js:7235:63)\n    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:151:1), <anonymous>:65:16)\n    at Object.publish (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:151:1), <anonymous>:70:8)\n    at TrackedObj.set (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1028:14)\n    at updateLocalCache (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1318:18)" Hi Richard, This is definitely significant. The script is failing to register some of its change listeners, so it's quite possible that this is why things aren't working for you. Looking at your screenshots it doesn't seem like you are running the latest script, which reports its version number in the chat at startup. Can you make sure that you are running the very latest script and sheet and try again for me?
Lucian said: Richard B. said: "5eShapedCompanion 1540799342628 ERROR : TypeError: Cannot read property 'timeoutId' of undefined\n    at resolvePending (apiscript.js:6475:30)\n    at eventDispatcher.registerAttributeChangeHandler (apiscript.js:6489:19)\n    at handlerWrapper (apiscript.js:7319:33)\n    at forEach.handler (apiscript.js:7235:82)\n    at Array.forEach (native)\n    at EventDispatcher.roll20.on (apiscript.js:7235:63)\n    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:151:1), <anonymous>:65:16)\n    at Object.publish (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:151:1), <anonymous>:70:8)\n    at TrackedObj.set (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1028:14)\n    at updateLocalCache (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1318:18)" Hi Richard, This is definitely significant. The script is failing to register some of its change listeners, so it's quite possible that this is why things aren't working for you. Looking at your screenshots it doesn't seem like you are running the latest script, which reports its version number in the chat at startup. Can you make sure that you are running the very latest script and sheet and try again for me? I definitely am now. I've copied across the code for the sheet and the script from my game that it works in (script 13.7.0 and sheet 19.1.3), but the script isn't loading when I go into this version of the game. When I go back into the API list it's throwing up a syntax error in this game only. Everything is the same in both games, which is why it is infuriating!
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Actually, my apologies, I've just looked at the code in more detail, and it's possible that error is unrelated - but it's something that Mark fixed a while back. You should definitely try upgrading to a newer script as your first step anyway.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hi Richard, Can you PM me an invite to your game please and I'll take a look?
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Ok, so it turns out that Richard's game is just deeply, badly, horribly broken due to a bug in Roll20 of some sort. It looks like maybe something went wrong when the game was copied and now a bunch of his characters have come disconnected from all their attributes. We'll try to get to the bottom of it and report to Roll20 but I think it's unlikely that it will be relevant to other people.
Lucian said: Ok, so it turns out that Richard's game is just deeply, badly, horribly broken due to a bug in Roll20 of some sort. It looks like maybe something went wrong when the game was copied and now a bunch of his characters have come disconnected from all their attributes. We'll try to get to the bottom of it and report to Roll20 but I think it's unlikely that it will be relevant to other people. Thanks for looking at it though - it works perfectly now, I just need to make new characters!
I want to create my own datafiles, and I want to modify some of the monsters from the SRD, as I want them to hav esome extra powers in my campaigns. If I create a monster with the same name as one in the SRD (which are listed in the script) in another file, will it replace the version from the main script/srd? Or will it use the first monster withthat name?
Hi, I'm trying to use the 5e Shaped sheet and customise it to fit my game a bit better. I've gotten the most recent version from GitHub. I then made the following changes.  Find/Replace Sanity -> Luck SANITY -> LUCK SAN -> LCK San -> Lck I then followed the instructions to apply the sheet into Roll20. The sheet almost entirely works, however Saving Throws all provide a calculated result of 0 for character sheets. Does anyone know why this might be happening? From what I can tell, my changes shouldn't cause this. I'd like to fix this as while I can (hopefully) get around it with added modifiers, I'd rather not have to.  Thanks

Edited 1541933547
Hello there, Im working on an excel file to create statsblocks and import em with the !shaped-import fonctionnality. I have 2 (minors) issue but they are makin me nuts atm : 1. Imports of skills didnt work but for perception, I tried every typo I could imagine, nothing is working shaped only recognize perception. * 2. I cant see the passive perception in the "senses" block. Where am I supposed to place it ? Is it even a slot for this line ? - I have the last version of Shaped Sheet & API. - *I am using french version of the API wich is maybe the cause of my troubles (perception is the only skills who is spelling exaclty the same in both languages). - Here's the usual typo I use for the import : Skills Stealth +3, Survival +1, Perception +1 Wich lead to this answer from the script : "Survival does not exist in the list of skills" "Stealth does not exist in the list of skills" Hope you guys could help me... Regards & Ty for the incredible work you do/did, Kane !
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hi Kane, Yeah, sadly the sheet does not understand how to translate skills between languages. If your sheet is in French, it will only recognise the skills in French. Unfortunately the statblock parser in the script only understands English skill names. So essentially: you're out of luck. Realistically, I'm probably not going to work on proper international support for the script, I've got too much other stuff to do in the rest of my life and this isn't a priority for me right now. Sorry. Lucian

Edited 1542033762
Hi Lucian, Don't be sorry, you spare me enough time by telling me that what I was looking to fix cant be fixed right now. My excel file is working for all the rest, its pretty cool, skills can be manually checked. For the passive perception, its normal that the senses zone didnt recognize it ? <a href="http://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop/dm-basic-rules" rel="nofollow">http://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop/dm-basic-rules</a> say its "senses" material. And one last question, I noticed that the "special traits"zone only recognize the "official traits" (from the monster manual or from modules, PotA, ToA, etc.) I dealt with it atm using the field for customize traits with random (but official) title I can change when the import is done, but I was wondering if there was a simple way to use this feature even better (with custom title for special traits). Ty for your answer, Kane.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Passive skills are a sheet setting, check the settings page on the bottom left under "Skills". KANE C. said: And one last question, I noticed that the "special traits"zone only recognize the "official traits" (from the monster manual or from modules, PotA, ToA, etc.) I dealt with it atm using the field for customize traits with random (but official) title I can change when the import is done, but I was wondering if there was a simple way to use this feature even better (with custom title for special traits). "Special Traits"? "Official Traits"? I'm not sure what you mean here. Can you describe specifics? The sheet will import whatever traits you input in JSON.
Kryx said: "Special Traits"? "Official Traits"? I'm not sure what you mean here. Can you describe specifics? The sheet will import whatever traits you input in JSON. Hi Kryx, I am not using .json files (I dont even know how to import a .json with 5Shaped, and the format require for those files), I use the option describe in this link : <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/wiki/Home#markdown-header-import-a-monster-from-monster-manual-statblock-text" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/wiki/Home#markdown-header-import-a-monster-from-monster-manual-statblock-text</a> I call "traits" the abilities right after the Challenge, and before Actions &amp; Spells (in green below). I called "Special traits" the traits I wanted to use for import custom characters (in french language), and I called "Official traits" the ones I found in monster manual or any official campaing (Here : "Fear Aura.", "Magic Resistance.", etc.). The only traits title I can use are the "officials" one. Same goes for the Actions. Everything is working perfectly but I have to change the titles of Actions and Traits before importing. Then I can change it after the character sheet is created. I was wondering if there was any way to import directly the traits and the actions wich any of the name I want. Regards, Kane.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Any name and text should work as long as the formatting aligns. Can you provide an example here? It is likely either a formatting issue or a translation issue.
Following your advice I checked about formatting and that was the issue, I had some titles with space or accentuations in it wich was causing troubles. I reworked my things and now everything is working perfectly ! Tks. Kane.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
13.8.0 Features Updated script SRD data to the November 2018 errata
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks, Kryx!

Edited 1542831107
Hi, I have this error when i cast a spell from a mage import with Monsters List. Spell slot are not used.. This is the log file : "5eShapedScript 1542800748225 ERROR : TypeError: this.roll20.setAttrs is not a function\n&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at SpellManager.value (apiscript.js:7:195561)\n&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at apiscript.js:7:59680\n&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at Function._.each._.forEach (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/underscore/underscore.js:186:9)\n&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at ChatWatcher.value (apiscript.js:7:59553)\n&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at apiscript.js:7:58965\n&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at apiscript.js:7:238541\n&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at eval (eval at &lt;anonymous&gt; (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:151:1), &lt;anonymous&gt;:65:16)\n&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at Object.publish (eval at &lt;anonymous&gt; (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:151:1), &lt;anonymous&gt;:70:8)\n&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at /home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1634:12\n&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:560" Can someone help me ?
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hi Florent, I think the last release was made with an outdated version of one of the dependencies of the script, sorry. I'll try and put out a fix release shortly.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
13.9.0 Features Extract SRD processing code to allow it to be used elsewhere Bug fixes Fix bad build from 13.8.0
Great, it works perfectly now ! Thanks for the quick update.

Edited 1543177194
Hello, The stats are not applied for saving throw and initiative on PC &amp; NPC Sheet. I have this error for Statblock macro on NPC Token. Thanks for your help.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Florent, We'll need far more detail. Is this a script issue or a sheet issue? (They are separate entities). Meaning does this occur without the script when you drag from the compendium, or does this only occur when you use the script to import? Which way was the creature imported? What creature?
Hi,&nbsp; I have the same issue with monsters drag and drop from the compendium. This is the same problem with monsters imported by query or monster list, and for PC Sheet created from zero. Thanks for your help
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Please use the "Report an issue" link on the sheet which will take you to my issue tracker. I tried dragging Assassin from the compendium to the tabletop and it seems to have worked.
Hello it works with translation.json, but not with the french translation.

Edited 1543186006
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Florent, The reporting link that Kryx is talking about is at the bottom of every sheet. It will take you to the issue tracker, which is where development of the sheet is managed. Reports of bugs or suggestions are not tracked in the forum thread.
Is there a way to import non-SRD spells into the Shaped Script? I've found the info in the wiki about adding custom info , but I'd rather not do all that typing (That's a lot of typing! And the example is a monster, not a spell.) I also thought I had found an importer, but it was just the first thread for the actual 5e Shaped Sheet. I would like to include the spells in the PHB that aren't in the SRD, and maybe even others.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Unfortunately you've experienced the world of digital D&amp;D where you have to create a resource yourself on a massive scale or pay a service that has done it and is allowed to sell it. Unfortunately only those people can sell or give away that information.
Kryx said: Unfortunately you've experienced the world of digital D&amp;D where you have to create a resource yourself on a massive scale or pay a service that has done it and is allowed to sell it. Unfortunately only those people can sell or give away that information. Considering I'll be doing it all by hand (ugh!), is there any way to get a JSON map of all possible keys for the spells? For instance, I am trying to add Cloud of Daggers like this: The screenshot is a manual add into the character sheet. What I need to do is replicate that in the JSON. The problem is that I don't know what key to use for the "Other damage" check box and related data because it was not in the sample given in the Adding Custom Data section of the documentation. Passing "otherDamage" or "other" do not work, and anything else I guess at is a crap shoot. There is also Heal and Repeat that will need documentation.

Edited 1543933515
First of all I really want to extend my thanks to Lucian and Kryx for their work on the sheet and the script. I really love them both. My love for the script really has increased now that I've mastered&nbsp; adding custom data . It was really helpful to be able to include the relevant cleric domain spells and I really love the implementation. I'm wondering though, how much would still have to be added to my custom jsons if I buy the Player's Handbook on Roll20? Would spells and class attributes outside of the SRD still have to added manually? I guess I'll buy it sooner or later so currently I'm only adding stuff that is needed on a session to session basis.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Players Handbook only populates the compendium. Buying it will have no impact on the script unfortunately.
So buying the handbook will add spells to the compendium which then can be imported using the script - if I've added the names of the spells to the relevant classes/circles/domains manually?

Edited 1543933555
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The script has no interaction at all with the compendium. Roll20 does not allow scripts to access it. You'd have to drag from the compendium.
I see. My love for the script and the spell importer will lead to a lot of typing then.&nbsp;
I'm new to using and adding scripts to my game. I could use a hand with getting the file and adding it onto my game
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Ashton M. said: I'm new to using and adding scripts to my game. I could use a hand with getting the file and adding it onto my game <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/wiki/Home#markdown-header-installation" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/wiki/Home#markdown-header-installation</a>
Not sure how to add to the issue tracker, but when I use !shaped-abilities --savesQuery or&nbsp; --savingThrowsQuery, they do not work correctly, when I click the button, it gives me a button with the following: &nbsp; Death +0, {{title=Death Saving throw&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{death_saving_throw_chances=3&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{death_saving_throw_successes=0&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{death_saving_throw_failures=0&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{roll1=[[d20 + ]]&amp;#125;&amp;#125;
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Saving throw queries work on a new character sheet. Queries on roll20 are notoriously tricky and I wouldn't recommend using them. If you're able to create an issue with a reproduction path then I can look in to it. Otherwise I'd recommend not using them (use chat macros instead) or creating a new sheet and porting your data to that (takes ~5-10 mins).
I used the Token action that was in the !shaped-abilities and the above is what came up.&nbsp; Otherwise, I will add individually and/or use the buttons on the character sheet.&nbsp; Token actions save time.
One of my players is a monk, and we just leveled up to 3rd. They have chosen the Way of the Shadow as their monastic tradition, which grants a number of spells that use 2 ki points each. My problem is how in the world am I supposed to implement this? Adding them as spells doesn't work because the sheet doesn't give spell slots to a monk... even though you can rename Spell Points to "ki" in the settings. Adding them as class features is&nbsp; super &nbsp;clunky and even when I add ki to the description, I can only increment 1 ki point instead of 2. Is there a trick to it? I really don't want to look at modifying the sheet for this...
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Toggle spells on and turn spell points to Ki.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I would suggest looking into&nbsp; Creating and Linking Character Abilities &nbsp;on the Sheet Wiki. The solution for Battlemaster Superiority Dice might be adaptable. Also remember that spells can be set to have Uses instead of Slots on a case-by-case basis. This is actually a problem for the sheet to solve, not the script.
Kryx said: Toggle spells on and turn spell points to Ki. I already did that. However, there are no spell slot circles for those 2nd level spells. The slots police complain that there aren't enough spell slots/points.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Kryx said: Toggle spells on and turn spell points to Ki. Or that. :P