Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

New to Roll20 or RPGs? Need Guidance? Click Here. (Read the OP First)

There is some code to re roll the dice with a lower value automatically? Example: I roll 4d4, (3, 4, 4, 2) is there any automatic way to roll this "2" again?

Edited 1503603454
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
To reroll just 2s, you can use: /roll 4d4r2 To reroll 2 or less, you can use: /roll 4d4r<2 And of course, the inline roll equivalents:  [[4d4r2]] or [[4d4r<2]]

Edited 1503604564
This was just an example, I would like to re-roll the smallest number
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Do you mean reroll only the smallest result?  so in [2,3,4,4] reroll the 2, in [1,2,3,4] reroll the 1?  That isn't possible without an API script.
Oh, okay, thank you!!!
Ok, I'm trying to create a fully functional macro for my Assassin Death Attack (3.5e). After a LOT of experimentation, you see what I've gotten (both screen shot & code). There's a few things here I'm trying to fix, but unsure as to how. 1.&nbsp;{{Effect= [[ ?{Effect?|Death Attack, 1d2|Paralysis, 1d6+@{casterlevel2} } ]] }} A: I inserted "1d2" to make the code work, but is there a way to simply have choosing "Death Attack" say "Death"? B: Paralysis option. It rolls the correct total, but is there a way to get it to read..."Paralyzed for {dice code} rounds"? 2. The weapon rolls, is there a way to get it to only show the crit confirm & damage rolls if the crit threat actually happens? Currently is shows all 4 lines every time. Please note: I KNOW it cannot be entered with the line breaks, I did this to make it easier to read, it's also how I edit them in notepad for easier recognition. &{template:DnD35StdRoll} {{name=@{character_name} }} {{Class Ability= [Death Attack!](<a href="http://www.d20srd.org/srd/prestigeClasses/Betty.htm#deathAttack" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20srd.org/srd/prestigeClasses/Betty.htm#deathAttack</a>)}} {{Save?= Fort DC [[ 10+@{casterlevel2}+@{int-mod} ]] }} {{Effect= [[ ?{Effect?|Death Attack, 1d2|Paralysis, 1d6+@{casterlevel2} } ]] }} &{template:DnD35Attack} {{pcflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{Attack=[[ @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{Crit Confirm=[[ @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{Damage=[[ @{weapon1damage} + {?{Sneak Attack?|0}d6} ]] }} {{Crit Damage=[[ @{weapon1crit} ]] }} {{notes=If Betty studies her victim for 3 rounds and then makes a sneak attack with a melee weapon1 that successfully deals damage, the sneak attack has the additional effect of possibly either paralyzing or killing the target (Betty’s choice). While studying the victim, Betty can undertake other actions so long as her attention stays focused on the target and the target does not detect Betty or recognize Betty as an enemy. If the victim of such an attack fails a Fortitude save (DC 10 + Assassin class level + Betty’s Int modifier) against the kill effect, it dies. If the saving throw fails against the paralysis effect, the victim is rendered helpless and unable to act for 1d6 rounds + 1 round/Assassin Level. If the victim’s saving throw succeeds, the attack is just a normal sneak attack. Once Betty has completed her 3 rounds of study, she must make the death attack within the next 3 rounds. If a death attack is attempted and fails (the victim makes their save) or if Betty does not launch her attack within 3 rounds of completing the study, 3 new rounds of study are required before she can attempt another death attack.}}

Edited 1503646970
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I can certainly answer 1 for you, I don't really use roll templates myself but I'd recommend re-posting this in the&nbsp; Specific Use and Macros forum as it's own thread for better visibility. I'd also consider trimming down the flavour text to the essentials to prevent chat clutter, especially since you have the hyperlinked title to the SRD entry. Here is how you could handle the effect (simply put, move the inline calculation to within the query): {{Effect= ?{Effect?|Death Attack, DEATH! |Paralysis, Paralysed for [[1d6+@{casterlevel2}]] rounds } }}
Greetings everyone! This thread is being closed and started fresh along with a FAQ section. Thank you everyone for your contributions, but in order to keep things clean as well as provide adequate precedent and documentation for future users, we ask that you make new threads in the appropriate sub-forums to ask your questions. You can find the new post&nbsp; here !