Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] CombatTracker

Robin
API Scripter
Nover C. said: I still havent used it but been keeping an eye on this thread. awesome job updating and adding new feats. Glad you added some of the Jacker stuff in. To help: Would it be possible for a command to show all conditions on a token? Something like "!ct show". If this would also allow for editing and removing statuses via a chat menu (spawned by !ct show). In Jacker - he has something called !tj edit and it shows all the current status on the token and provides 2 or clickable things: 1 delete status from token, 2 edit status  Ah, just tested it indeed, I will add something like this.
One thing I noticed in play last night - and this may be due to StatusInfo or Combat Tracker, I don't know.  But I manually placed a status marker on one of the tokens (not using TokenMod), and then all the statuses showed up.  When I tried to use your TokenMod macro to remove all the Statuses (clear all), it removed all of them, but left Inspiration.  From then on, using that macro kept toggling back and forth between all statuses and Inspiration.  Any ideas what the problem might have been?
Should I do something to have the marker show up around the current token?
Robin
API Scripter
Anders said: Should I do something to have the marker show up around the current token? That should work out of the box.
Robin said: Anders said: Should I do something to have the marker show up around the current token? That should work out of the box. Could other APIs interfere with this, or must I choose an image other than the default?
Anders said: Should I do something to have the marker show up around the current token? The marker didn't work for me in my test game either until I had my wife join the game and then it worked perfectly.
Yeah, same.  I couldn't see it until I logged in as player.  Once I did that, then it showed up whether I was in as player or GM.
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
You also have to have the player ribbon on the page you are testing on.
Loren the GM said: You also have to have the player ribbon on the page you are testing on. Ah, that's what it is!  Just like !flicker from the torch API.  Thanks Loren.
Robin
API Scripter
Gozer the Gozerian said: One thing I noticed in play last night - and this may be due to StatusInfo or Combat Tracker, I don't know.  But I manually placed a status marker on one of the tokens (not using TokenMod), and then all the statuses showed up.  When I tried to use your TokenMod macro to remove all the Statuses (clear all), it removed all of them, but left Inspiration.  From then on, using that macro kept toggling back and forth between all statuses and Inspiration.  Any ideas what the problem might have been? I really don't know, still happening? Loren the GM said: You also have to have the player ribbon on the page you are testing on. Yes, this is needed for the marker. I will probably update the script in the future to support multi page combat tracking. --- Update coming up soon with a way to show all known conditions and a way to show which conditions are on a token.
Pantoufle
Pro
Sheet Author
Translator
Robin, I'm highly hyped ! 2 questions : How long does it take for the one-click install to get updated ? How do you add a new creature without breaking the rounds/turns (roll initiative and sort the new turnorder)? (I am currently still using GroupInitiative... But I was wondering if I could use Combat Tracker to do that, no offense The Aaron ! :) ) Cheers
Robin
API Scripter
Pantoufle said: Robin, I'm highly hyped ! 2 questions : How long does it take for the one-click install to get updated ? How do you add a new creature without breaking the rounds/turns (roll initiative and sort the new turnorder)? (I am currently still using GroupInitiative... But I was wondering if I could use Combat Tracker to do that, no offense The Aaron ! :) ) Cheers 1. They usually process the update requests once or twice a week. Hard to tell when exactly. 2. Yeh, I need to make a way to add a token without sorting and such, will be done in a future update.

Edited 1525959466
Robin
API Scripter
Update 0.1.12 Show a list of conditions on selected tokens, `!ct show`. Show a list of known conditions (from StatusInfo and favorites), `!ct conditions`. <a href="https://github.com/RobinKuiper/Roll20APIScripts/tree/master/CombatTracker" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/RobinKuiper/Roll20APIScripts/tree/master/CombatTracker</a> StatusInfo also need an upgrade. Will soon be in the one click installer.
Link leads to StatusInfo 0.3.7
Robin
API Scripter
Gozer the Gozerian said: Link leads to StatusInfo 0.3.7 Made a small change, should work now, update both: <a href="https://github.com/RobinKuiper/Roll20APIScripts/tree/master/CombatTracker" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/RobinKuiper/Roll20APIScripts/tree/master/CombatTracker</a> <a href="https://github.com/RobinKuiper/Roll20APIScripts/tr" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/RobinKuiper/Roll20APIScripts/tr</a>...
Robin
API Scripter
keithcurtis said: One of the things that has kept me from using this script is that the Shaped Sheet has radio buttons for all the conditions. I already have a series of macros to fiddle with that, and there is a built in macro to report statuses. Any roadmap for your script to interact with these on-sheet statuses? I have update the StatusInfo script to work with the 5e Shaped condition toggles. <a href="https://github.com/RobinKuiper/Roll20APIScripts/tree/master/StatusInfo" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/RobinKuiper/Roll20APIScripts/tree/master/StatusInfo</a>
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks Robin!
Condition messages aren't showing up for me. I'm using this with StatusInfo.
I keep getting a notification to upgrade StatusInfo to the latest version, but I've already done that.
Any advice on how to add a different turn marker? Every time I try to upload something, it basically causes the API to break and no longer function. It's working fine when left to the default image - what am I doing wrong here?
Gozer the Gozerian said: One thing I noticed in play last night - and this may be due to StatusInfo or Combat Tracker, I don't know.&nbsp; But I manually placed a status marker on one of the tokens (not using TokenMod), and then all the statuses showed up.&nbsp; When I tried to use your TokenMod macro to remove all the Statuses (clear all), it removed all of them, but left Inspiration.&nbsp; From then on, using that macro kept toggling back and forth between all statuses and Inspiration.&nbsp; Any ideas what the problem might have been? I had the same issue. During the time I was testing both CombatTracker and Concentration (also made by Robin). I think the problem might have been due to the latter, since once I disabled Concentration the problem did not reproduce any more

Edited 1525979455
Robin
API Scripter
Jesster said: Condition messages aren't showing up for me. I'm using this with StatusInfo. How do you add the condition, through `!ct add`? Or another way? Gozer the Gozerian said: I keep getting a notification to upgrade StatusInfo to the latest version, but I've already done that. There went something wrong with the versioning earlier on. Could you try to update both scripts again? <a href="https://github.com/RobinKuiper/Roll20APIScripts/bl" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/RobinKuiper/Roll20APIScripts/bl</a>... <a href="https://github.com/RobinKuiper/Roll20APIScripts/bl" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/RobinKuiper/Roll20APIScripts/bl</a>... That should fix it, sorry for the inconvenience. Inkcharm said: Any advice on how to add a different turn marker? Every time I try to upload something, it basically causes the API to break and no longer function. It's working fine when left to the default image - what am I doing wrong here? You add the right link to the image in the config? What error do you get?
Robin
API Scripter
Gabor M. said: Gozer the Gozerian said: One thing I noticed in play last night - and this may be due to StatusInfo or Combat Tracker, I don't know.&nbsp; But I manually placed a status marker on one of the tokens (not using TokenMod), and then all the statuses showed up.&nbsp; When I tried to use your TokenMod macro to remove all the Statuses (clear all), it removed all of them, but left Inspiration.&nbsp; From then on, using that macro kept toggling back and forth between all statuses and Inspiration.&nbsp; Any ideas what the problem might have been? I had the same issue. During the time I was testing both CombatTracker and Concentration (also made by Robin). I think the problem might have been due to the latter, since once I disabled Concentration the problem did not reproduce any more I haven't been able so reproduce this yet. If anyone encounters this again, please consider inviting me to the game and making me co-gm for a sec. I need to investigate this when it happens.
Robin said: Gabor M. said: Gozer the Gozerian said: One thing I noticed in play last night - and this may be due to StatusInfo or Combat Tracker, I don't know.&nbsp; But I manually placed a status marker on one of the tokens (not using TokenMod), and then all the statuses showed up.&nbsp; When I tried to use your TokenMod macro to remove all the Statuses (clear all), it removed all of them, but left Inspiration.&nbsp; From then on, using that macro kept toggling back and forth between all statuses and Inspiration.&nbsp; Any ideas what the problem might have been? I had the same issue. During the time I was testing both CombatTracker and Concentration (also made by Robin). I think the problem might have been due to the latter, since once I disabled Concentration the problem did not reproduce any more I haven't been able so reproduce this yet. If anyone encounters this again, please consider inviting me to the game and making me co-gm for a sec. I need to investigate this when it happens. For me, it seems to happen when a status is manually added or removed from a token, without using TokenMod or StatusInfo.&nbsp; Does StatusInfo detect when condition markers are added manually?
Robin
API Scripter
Update 0.1.13 The bugs above should be fixed now. <a href="https://github.com/RobinKuiper/Roll20APIScripts/tr" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/RobinKuiper/Roll20APIScripts/tr</a>... Soon in the one click installer.
Shaping out fine, Robin. I have one issue though. When I add a condition with Duration 1 to a character on it's turn - the duration will still be listed 1 on the next turn and lasting a whole other turn before removed. Can this be changed in any way?
Anyone else notice that the API crashes if you type in !ct add without adding anything to the end of it. Just a nuisances nothing major.&nbsp;
It doesn't for me, it brings up the menu, which I think is the intended behavior.

Edited 1526063410
Let me try one more time.&nbsp; After attempting to do it again it did crash. Here is the Output. This happens only when I type in !ct add.&nbsp;
Inkcharm said: Any advice on how to add a different turn marker? Every time I try to upload something, it basically causes the API to break and no longer function. It's working fine when left to the default image - what am I doing wrong here? You add the right link to the image in the config? What error do you get? Already figured it out - completely my own mistake, works like a charm :)
Jerry F. said: Let me try one more time.&nbsp; After attempting to do it again it did crash. Here is the Output. This happens only when I type in !ct add.&nbsp; Sorry, I misread what you typed - I thought you just typed !ct, missed the 'add.'
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Jerry F. said: Let me try one more time.&nbsp; After attempting to do it again it did crash. Here is the Output. This happens only when I type in !ct add.&nbsp; That's actually in StatusInfo, on line 345: getConditionByName = (name) =&gt; { return state[state_name].conditions[name.toLowerCase()] || false; }, Changing to: getConditionByName = (name) =&gt; { return state[state_name].conditions[ (name||'') .toLowerCase()] || false; }, Will prevent it.
Great, finding a bug like this will help Robin. It was just an accident too, I was typing really fast and brain said enter before typing prone.
Jerry F. said: Let me try one more time.&nbsp; After attempting to do it again it did crash. Here is the Output. This happens only when I type in !ct add.&nbsp; Mine keeps crashing as well now that I updated to the latest versions of Combat Tracker / Status Info
Robin
API Scripter
Ravenknight said: Shaping out fine, Robin. I have one issue though. When I add a condition with Duration 1 to a character on it's turn - the duration will still be listed 1 on the next turn and lasting a whole other turn before removed. Can this be changed in any way? Will be fixed next update. Jerry F. said: Anyone else notice that the API crashes if you type in !ct add without adding anything to the end of it. Just a nuisances nothing major.&nbsp; Ah, off course, will be fixed in next update.
Robin
API Scripter
Update 0.2.0 <a href="https://github.com/RobinKuiper/Roll20APIScripts/tree/master/CombatTracker" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/RobinKuiper/Roll20APIScripts/tree/master/CombatTracker</a> Optionally auto Pull (see first post for more info). Optionally use FX on turn change&nbsp;(see first post for more info). Fixed condition round counter. Logical shit & bugfixes. Will soon be in the one click installer.
This is quickly turning into one of my must-have scripts. Thank you so very much for all your hard work, Robin.
Is there any reason why using html replacements would cause a problem with this script?&nbsp; I have a number of macros written which I call from a master chat menu, using HTML replacements (as in&nbsp; this thread ).&nbsp; But putting this script into the mix seems to either not work or mess up in strange ways.&nbsp; For example, I have a "Start Combat" macro which has the !ct start command as well as a dropdown command to choose a combat music track using the Roll20 Audio Master script.&nbsp; It looks like this: !ct ?{Start or Stop?|start|stop} !roll20AM --play,swap,loop|?{Select Track|Dangerous by Kevin MacLeod|BGM - Battle Music 5 - Chase by Kaleo|Immediate Music - Arcana by Knight|Skirmish by Tabletop Audio|HoM - FAST DRUMS SKIRMISH by Jader7777|Dark Continent by Tabletop Audio|Dinotopia by Tabletop Audio} I can run the macro directly, but when I use a button on my master chat macro to call it, it doesn't start the Combat Tracker, only the music.&nbsp; The code I use for the chat menu is: [Start Combat](!& 13;#Start-Combat) (without the space between the ampersand and 13, to avoid the forum eating the html replacement) This type of macro call works for all of my other macros.&nbsp; Any ideas?
Is there a way to make initiative use a different die size for non-D&D games?
I don't think it's in the configuration options, but it looks like you could change line 484 where it says: let pr =randomBetween(1,20)+bonus and change the 20 to whatever size die you use.&nbsp; I don't know if that will mess anything else up, though.&nbsp; I'm not a scripter, just a hacker of other people's scripts.
Robin
API Scripter
Gozer the Gozerian said: Is there any reason why using html replacements would cause a problem with this script?&nbsp; I have a number of macros written which I call from a master chat menu, using HTML replacements (as in&nbsp; this thread ).&nbsp; But putting this script into the mix seems to either not work or mess up in strange ways.&nbsp; For example, I have a "Start Combat" macro which has the !ct start command as well as a dropdown command to choose a combat music track using the Roll20 Audio Master script.&nbsp; It looks like this: !ct ?{Start or Stop?|start|stop} !roll20AM --play,swap,loop|?{Select Track|Dangerous by Kevin MacLeod|BGM - Battle Music 5 - Chase by Kaleo|Immediate Music - Arcana by Knight|Skirmish by Tabletop Audio|HoM - FAST DRUMS SKIRMISH by Jader7777|Dark Continent by Tabletop Audio|Dinotopia by Tabletop Audio} I can run the macro directly, but when I use a button on my master chat macro to call it, it doesn't start the Combat Tracker, only the music.&nbsp; The code I use for the chat menu is: [Start Combat](!& 13;#Start-Combat) (without the space between the ampersand and 13, to avoid the forum eating the html replacement) This type of macro call works for all of my other macros.&nbsp; Any ideas? Not sure, you mind inviting me to the game and making me gm for a sec? It's easier for me to test it that way. Jesster said: Is there a way to make initiative use a different die size for non-D&D games? Not in the config at the moment indeed, I will see what I can do for the next update.
Robin said: Not sure, you mind inviting me to the game and making me gm for a sec? It's easier for me to test it that way. PM sent.

Edited 1526158945
Great script! But I'm having a little trouble using it in my 3.5e table. You see, the sheets I use have distinct attributes for character and npc initiatives (init and npcinit, respectively). Is there currently a way I can input both in the config? Edit: Just noticed that the marker img isn't showing on the tokens and the FX on Turn Change option isn't showing up for me. Might I be missing something? :(
Elho said: Great script! But I'm having a little trouble using it in my 3.5e table. You see, the sheets I use have distinct attributes for character and npc initiatives (init and npcinit, respectively). Is there currently a way I can input both in the config? Edit: Just noticed that the marker img isn't showing on the tokens and the FX on Turn Change option isn't showing up for me. Might I be missing something? :( Have you tried shifting the player banner to the current screen. This did the trick for me in regards to having the image show up.
Robin
API Scripter
Elho said: Great script! But I'm having a little trouble using it in my 3.5e table. You see, the sheets I use have distinct attributes for character and npc initiatives (init and npcinit, respectively). Is there currently a way I can input both in the config? Not at the moment no, I will see what I can do. Elho said: Edit: Just noticed that the marker img isn't showing on the tokens and the FX on Turn Change option isn't showing up for me. Might I be missing something? :( Combat needs to be on the same page as where the players are on currently.
Great that you have added the !ct show, but if I can ask a bit more, could it also display the messages of the status, or have a button to do so. The reason I asked for !ct show was that often I need to be reminded what effects are on an enemy - and what those effects do - often out of turn (like when they are attacked by the active character). For that reason, being able to be reminded of the full effect at any time would be nice. Hope you will be able to help me out, but in any case I love your work - and will be using it going forward.
I could not find this in a previous post: I noticed that when the turn maker moves from a token that is on the GM layer to a token on the object and token layer, the players can see where the turn maker comes from. Also, is it possible to add autoskip on Custom Items added to turnorder, so when a custom item comes after a player it skips to next player/monster and does not get "stuck"?
Robin
API Scripter
Anders said: Great that you have added the !ct show, but if I can ask a bit more, could it also display the messages of the status, or have a button to do so. The reason I asked for !ct show was that often I need to be reminded what effects are on an enemy - and what those effects do - often out of turn (like when they are attacked by the active character). For that reason, being able to be reminded of the full effect at any time would be nice. Hope you will be able to help me out, but in any case I love your work - and will be using it going forward. Yeh, I want to do a lot more styling and information. So this will probably be a feature later on. Dethelm said: I could not find this in a previous post: I noticed that when the turn maker moves from a token that is on the GM layer to a token on the object and token layer, the players can see where the turn maker comes from. Also, is it possible to add autoskip on Custom Items added to turnorder, so when a custom item comes after a player it skips to next player/monster and does not get "stuck"? ah yes, need to look into that. Will do tomorrow. The second thing to.
Do you want bug posts here or on Github?&nbsp; I've posted a few on Github... Want to make sure I'm putting them where you check.&nbsp; Thanks! teak