Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

My Audio Feedback Thread

Enzer0 said: The bar uploads for me - but after it gets to 100% I get this message. I get the same. No matter what I try to upload, always get this message. Has this been solved yet? Cheers, Sam
Moving for Joel: Joel M.  said: Hi!  I am trying to upload an .mp3 file for my jukebox, I was succesful with uploading a previous file, but every time I try to upload the next one, regardless of the 4 I would like to upload, I receive a failure with the code 413.  I have no idea what to about it, and it seems there is no information to find anywhere.  All of the files are max. 17 MB so they should be within the storage limit.  Please help me!  I would like to entertain my players with some sweet adventure music tonight :(  Regards,  Joel
Samuel S. said: Enzer0 said: The bar uploads for me - but after it gets to 100% I get this message. I get the same. No matter what I try to upload, always get this message. Has this been solved yet? Cheers, Sam I get the same Error! Right after Uploading the file. As for Quota: 20 Mb for Music is ok, but counting against the overall quota is not really feasible for free users like me, who use their Storage Space mainly for images needed for running campaigns. It is nice that Pro and Plus users now have thrice the space, but cutting out free users on that who have the same Problem... not good...
Also: Uploaded Tracks can not be removed from Library to free space...
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
For deletion, have you tried this step? Edit the track's name by clicking the pencil icon. The name will be editable. Click the checkmark to finish editing it, the X to cancel editing,  or the trash can to delete the track entirely.
Samuel S. said: Enzer0 said: The bar uploads for me - but after it gets to 100% I get this message. I get the same. No matter what I try to upload, always get this message. Has this been solved yet? Cheers, Sam I am also experiencing this problem. Is there any solution?
Deleted a file from jukebox, and the error cleared.
Very happy to see this feature. However, there is a consistent 75 millisecond gap when looping audio (in Chrome, I can't get the audio to play at all in Firefox). Maybe that sounds nitpicky, but it's very noticeable when using audio files for background ambience that are meant to loop seamlessly. Is a fix possible, or is this some kind of latency bottleneck?
cosmicbodyrock said: Very happy to see this feature. However, there is a consistent 75 millisecond gap when looping audio (in Chrome, I can't get the audio to play at all in Firefox). Maybe that sounds nitpicky, but it's very noticeable when using audio files for background ambience that are meant to loop seamlessly. Is a fix possible, or is this some kind of latency bottleneck? Unfortunately I doubt this can be fixed. If it could it'd make my music seamless too (which would be great) but not getting my hopes up.
I don't know if it's a common issue, but I've just tried to upload a track to play on my game, but after uploading I try to play it and nothing comes, i've checked the console log and I've this EVENT: addedfile app.js?1556033975:549 File {upload: {…}, status: "uploading", previewElement: div#loadingContainer.dz-preview.dz-file-preview.dz-processing.patinece__parent, previewTemplate: div#loadingContainer.dz-preview.dz-file-preview.dz-processing.patinece__parent, _removeLink: a.dz-remove, …} app.js?1556033975:549 EVENT: sending app.js?1556033975:549 EVENT: complete app.roll20.net/:1 Uncaught (in promise) DOMException undefined:1 GET <a href="https://app.roll20.net/editor/undefined" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/editor/undefined</a> 404 (Not Found) First error comes when trying to play and the second one when I try to stop it, as it shows like something is playing. The first one only happens when playing from the "add music" menu. Tabletop Audio isn't working either, but I can hear perfectly Battlebards and Incompetech, so I don't think is an error from my computer. Pd. I can't delete the old playlist from before the audio change, Is there any kind of fix?
Hi Daniel! For the first bit, does this behavior persist in all of your games? Or just one in particular? Could you provide a name to an affected game as well as the name of the song? For the second part, could you provide the name of the game where this is happening so we can take a closer look? Thank you!

Edited 1556470427
Could we please add the bug where user uploaded audio cuts off at random and only resumes when reloading to the bug tracker? Can we have an eta on this? Or at least a method to flush all audio in the current session?

Edited 1556662225
I've also been having a pair of bugs that I don't see popping up in any of the discussions. I also just have some quality of life requests that would save me tremendous amounts of frustration. I've run into both of these issues in multiple campaign rooms and on both Chrome and Firefox. The first bug is that I seem to be unable to delete playlists from my library, I have one that I have tried deleting over 40 times now and it is back every time I refresh the page. The second bug only shows up for me on the dev server. Playlists that I create vanish the moment I close the manage audio tab. They don't disappear from the jukebox though, only the manage audio tab. Sadly this makes it impossible to properly test all of the new jukebox features out. As for my first quality of life request it is pretty simple, I would love to be able to rearrange my playlists in the audio manager. My jukebox is a rather complicated thing, I have a playlist for every mood I could want to set and each playlist gets filled with a fair number of tracks so that I can just scroll to the appropriate playlist, hit play, and then get back to running my campaign. And once in a while I discover the need for a new track... which results in playlists being out of order like playlist "[49] Slums (Night)" being like 40+ playlists down from "[48] Slums (Day) and with no way to rearrange them I have no solution other than to empty each and every playlist, rename them all, and refill them... which is not something I intend to do. My second quality of life request is even simpler, and it might even have been fixed with the new audio manager, but I can't tell since my playlists delete themselves. But as I mentioned before I have a VERY large jukebox with around 130 playlists and hundreds of tracks. Which makes it very frustrating that every time I open the audio manager ALL of the playlists are expanded by default, I literally have to take like 5 minutes (I do not have the most responsive laptop) and close each and every playlist so that I can have 2 pages to scroll through instead of like 50. I would really appreciate having them closed by default or even closed/open depending on how I last left them. Either way would work for me. Overall though, I am happy with what I see. I think that once the bugs are worked out the new jukebox will be much easier and more enjoyable to use. And I really appreciate the speed with which the dev team managed to rush out the my audio feature in the aftermath of the Fanburst implosion. You have all done an overall fantastic job dealing with a crappy situation.
Moving report here: Azriel &nbsp;said: Odd things the last 3 or so sessions i have run. It seems tracks i sort into playlists and shuffle for my games will abruptly stop on my end, while players can still hear it. Restarting the tracks have the same results, players can hear but i can't, refreshing does nothing and neither does re-uploading the tracks or triyng different file types. Yet it does not do this for all the songs, it's sometimes 50/50 on if i can hear the current song playing or not. any ideas on this?
It's alive... with Fade-in and out.&nbsp; Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
Same issue across multiple computers, roll 20 games, sources for mp3 files and browsers
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hi, everyone. With the release of Bring Your Own Beat, any remaining issues with My Audio should be directed to the Bring Your Own Beat thread. As a result, I'm closing this thread. Thanks for your reports and feedback!