Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

May 21 Infrastructure Update Bug Thread

Edited 1560366405
I'm having the same issue across all my games with the chat archive not showing any of the templates. I tried going through the listed suggestions, but nothing works. Just when I thought my Roll20 issues were finally over, another springs up... yay.
Hi everyone! Thank you for all of the information regarding chat archive issues. The devs are investigating the cause and working towards a fix. In the meantime could you provide the names of sheets you are using that you are noticing this behavior? Thank you!

Edited 1560363905
On the chat archive issue, I've noticed this problem may be older than we think. I regularly copy session articles to .txt and while the session I copied on 11 April is fine, the one I copied on 2 May doesn't have the character sheet rolls. However, the sessions I copied on 12 and 16 May are fine, barring one strange thing on a session copied on 12 May: 'Biron: -Ld_HDhpJRvdo60PL_zl|repeating_attack_-Ldu8v2xZlVk7GQXZ8h4_attack_dmg'. I noticed the problem we're all reporting for the first time when I went to copy more sessions last week. Edit: I can't tell you what sheet we're using since I don't see it reported anywhere and I'm not the DM. But I assume it's the 5e OGL.
라브
Pro
Translator
CoC 7th, inSANe, and Paranoia(Mongoose) sheets definetly has this issue. Drespar said: Hi everyone! Thank you for all of the information regarding chat archive issues. The devs are investigating the cause and working towards a fix. In the meantime could you provide the names of sheets you are using that you are noticing this behavior? Thank you!

Edited 1560379686
Drespar said:  In the meantime could you provide the names of sheets you are using that you are noticing this behavior? Thank you! Since this is happening to every game I play in, I feel like it's fair to say that it's happening regardless of the sheet being used. Dungeon World Maid the Role Playing Game Pathfinder 2 Playtest by Roll20 Moldvay Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition D&D 5E by Roll20 Exalted: 2nd Edition D&D 5E (Community Contributed)
On the chat archive issues for my games its pathfinder community sheer, The Offical D&D 5e as i was useing a curse of strahd module at the time and the offical Starfinder sheet. But yeah by testing it seems to be persistent between any sheet. Including the MIME error i posted a screenshot of in console from loading the game (not in the chat archive in the game itself, though it may be unrelated)
I'm using the 5e Shaped Sheet. And I have found that there are a few API script chat outputs that somehow disappeared from the in-game chat as well as the archive. This happened while we were playing! I generated loot with an API script, a few things happened to push it out of the visible area of the window, I switched to the Journal tab for a moment, then returned to chat and scrolled up to look for it. Nada. That one completely disappeared without even an empty placeholder like many of the others. Who knows how many others are gone that I haven't tried to find yet?!
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I get this kind of messages on some games now: Spinning up new sandbox... "Starting webworker script..." "Loading 0 translation strings to worker..." "SyntaxError: Invalid or unexpected token" "SyntaxError: Invalid or unexpected token\n    at eval (<anonymous>)\n    at messageHandler (evalmachine.<anonymous>:284:6)\n    at process.<anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/tiny-worker/lib/worker.js:60:55)\n    at emitTwo (events.js:106:13)\n    at process.emit (events.js:194:7)\n    at process.nextTick (internal/child_process.js:766:12)\n    at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:73:7)\n    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:104:9)" Could this be related to the infrastructure update?
Hello I was wondering if this could be related but in one game that I'm in (Only this one the other 2 i'm in are working fine) I can not add my spells. I start and then they just disappear. I'm in the Firefox browser but this happens in Chrome too. The only plug in I have is U Block Origin. If this is the wrong thread I apologize. Thank you.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
I found a spot with an un-escaped & that did not seem to be in the known issues.

Edited 1561047367
Is the broken chat archive feature ever going to be fixed?  It's useless with gaps everywhere, where all the macro outputs are missing.  Thank you.
Ever since the update, word wrapping has not worked correctly for some macros , when executed from ATTACKS & SPELLCASTING on the CORE tab, when I use my laptop, but not my phone. If the NAME or RANGE are long, they typically word wrap 2-6 characters too late, overflowing the macro's borders in chat. _____ For example, I Drag & Dropped from the Compendium: "Vicious Glaive", and changed the name to, "Vicious Glaive (if roll 18-20, per GM)", but " GM)" overflowed the macro output's border line. The overflow consistently breaks at about the same point on any later lines, too, whether the long text is in NAME or RANGE or both. Before the update , part of a character sometimes overlapped the left and/or right borders, but didn't go past the line. _____ The error happens in multiple game rooms.  I asked a few other people during a game, when I saw this error on my screen, but they said they did not see it. When I'm using Windows 10 and Chrome on a Surface Pro 6, it occurs; but when I use my basic Samsung smart phone (using the default Samsung Internet browser), it does not. Thank you!
라브
Pro
Translator
It's minor but the tab game title also shows & instead of &. Also, any update on chat archive issue?
A minor one : when accessing the D&amp;D 5th edition compendium on the website, the "Spell by class" no longer sets the chosen class as a filter. e.g "Wizard spells by level" (<a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Spells%20List?sort=Level&amp;Classes%5B%5D=Wizard&amp;Source%5B%5D=Player%27s%20Handbook#content" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Spells%20List?sort=Level&amp;Classes%5B%5D=Wizard&amp;Source%5B%5D=Player%27s%20Handbook#content</a>) sorts by level correctly, but there is no class filter set when loading the page.

Edited 1561395825
Drespar
Roll20 Team
Hi everyone! Thank you for catching the ampersands! I have made sure to let the team know! Regarding questions about chat archive and roll templates-- the dev team has been working hard on hammering out a resolution. We believe we are fairly close to a fix but I do not have any information aside from that. Thank you so much for your patience in all of this!
Error downloading scripts (probably no scripts exist for campaign.) getting this message when trying to load api scripts into a fresh copy of a game I made game is in 10 mins and Im very dependent on those apis hope you fix this ASAP