Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20 (Q3Y2019)

Loren the GM said: Judd W. said: How do I create a Pathfinder Second Edition character?  I see all this great talk about the character sheet being free for all to use but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make a character. Can someone please point me in the right direction here? Thanks, Judd You have to be in a game to make a character. Either create a new game yourself (setting the PF2 sheet as your character sheet for the game) or get invited to a game (at which point the GM will make a character sheet for you in the game). Loren the GM, Thank you for the response. I have created a game and associated the Pathfinder Second Edition character sheet to it.  I do see a button to add characters, but it feels like I am still doing something wrong.  I was hoping that the character sheet would walk me through the steps of character creation.  It looks like it only lets me type values into the various boxes.  Is there no way to walk through the steps of the character creation in the sheet itself? Is there a character builder somewhere that I am just not seeing? Also, I feel I must be doing something wrong since the info box on the game gives me nothing.  Here is what I mean: If I click on "Backgrounds" I get "no results found."  If I type anything into the box, I get "no results found." I appreciate any help anyone can give me here. Thanks, Judd
Judd W. said: Loren the GM said: Judd W. said: How do I create a Pathfinder Second Edition character?  I see all this great talk about the character sheet being free for all to use but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make a character. Can someone please point me in the right direction here? Thanks, Judd You have to be in a game to make a character. Either create a new game yourself (setting the PF2 sheet as your character sheet for the game) or get invited to a game (at which point the GM will make a character sheet for you in the game). Loren the GM, Thank you for the response. I have created a game and associated the Pathfinder Second Edition character sheet to it.  I do see a button to add characters, but it feels like I am still doing something wrong.  I was hoping that the character sheet would walk me through the steps of character creation.  It looks like it only lets me type values into the various boxes.  Is there no way to walk through the steps of the character creation in the sheet itself? Is there a character builder somewhere that I am just not seeing? Also, I feel I must be doing something wrong since the info box on the game gives me nothing.  Here is what I mean: If I click on "Backgrounds" I get "no results found."  If I type anything into the box, I get "no results found." I appreciate any help anyone can give me here. Thanks, Judd Hi Judd, there will be an upcoming character builder feature called the charactermancer, but it's not out yet. You'll have to fill the sheet out the old school way for now I'm afraid. As for nothing showing up in the compendium, you'll have to purchase the Pathfinder Core Rulebook through Roll20. If you already own it through Paizo you can link Roll20 to you're Paizo account to get a discount on the roll20 version of it as it serves as a compendium that will eventually allow you to add things to the sheet. As I understand it you'll need to buy the core rulebook to use the upcoming Charactermancer. I'm hoping they'll eventually add the Pathfinder Reference Document for free use, but they haven't done that for Starfinder so I think it may not happen unfortunately.
please add colo(u)r tags into the roll template - this means every character can use different colours and its easy to pick out thier rolls in a sea of checks the pathfinder simple template has them.  please publish a list of the tags for the roll template can i turn off text centering? cant seem to make notes work either ?
I just can not express my disappointment in something as simple as a NPC sheet lacking :/ You know what isn't very fun? Having revealed to my players what monsters will be in the next session because I wanted to see if clicking "Attack" gave the right bonuses. Either having to make fake names for weapons and NPCs or having the mystery of what the heck that monster just did to us revealed when I make a roll. Do you have an ETA for this, very basic, functionality?
Dawnwalker said: I just can not express my disappointment in something as simple as a NPC sheet lacking :/ You know what isn't very fun? Having revealed to my players what monsters will be in the next session because I wanted to see if clicking "Attack" gave the right bonuses. Either having to make fake names for weapons and NPCs or having the mystery of what the heck that monster just did to us revealed when I make a roll. Do you have an ETA for this, very basic, functionality? GM whisper is already there. Toggle that on when testing monster abilities. 
TItle: DCs for... everything! Description: The way a huge amount of PF2 works is only one creature is doing the rolling. Contested Rolls are done away with completely as far as I can tell. everything is vs DC ## and I think a nice QoL improvement would be to just have those shown by default since the DC for any skill and save is actually called upon quite a bit. Reference: Core Rule Book: Acrobatics - Tumble Through - Vs Opponent's Reflex DC Athletics - Grapple - Vs Opponent's Fortitude DC Shove - Vs opponent's Fortitude DC Escape - Vs opponent's Athletics DC (if Grabbed), Vs opponent's Thievery DC (if tied up) Seek - Perception VS opponent's Stealth DC Half the attacks and specials of the Bestiary 1

Edited 1565435488
One-liner  Title: Make basic values update automatically on leveling up. Brief  Description : As the title implies, values such as trained bonuses, HP etc do not update automatically upon leveling up. You have to manually reassign everything, which is extremely unpractical. References : Testing.
Thank you! Bobby said: Dawnwalker said: I just can not express my disappointment in something as simple as a NPC sheet lacking :/ You know what isn't very fun? Having revealed to my players what monsters will be in the next session because I wanted to see if clicking "Attack" gave the right bonuses. Either having to make fake names for weapons and NPCs or having the mystery of what the heck that monster just did to us revealed when I make a roll. Do you have an ETA for this, very basic, functionality? GM whisper is already there. Toggle that on when testing monster abilities. 
Still new to macro building, but I was wondering if anyone knew what templates I can call using this sheet. I know I can use the &{template:default} but I want to have my macros mesh with the rest. Thanks in advance!
I am not sure if this is the same issue as reported earlier, but ; One-liner  Title : If selecting spell tradition, DC is set 10 too low Brief  Description : If I select a Spell Tradition for my spells (Even if I set it right), the DC it calculates appears to be 10 too low. If I just select "Spell Tradition" in the drop down menu, it works fine. Not a problem for single-tradition casters, I guess, but for multiple it can be.

Edited 1565521542
One-liner  Title : Built-in MAP (Multiple Attack Penalty) Brief Description : The Playtest Sheets here on Roll20 already had this option, which basically allows you to just click one of 3 buttons for each attack and it automatically calculates the corresponding MAP for that attack. Note that even if this is -5 and -10 by default; there are weapons traits (Agile), Feats and Class Features that can change these numbers. The sheet should allow to manually change/introduce your MAP, for each Attack. ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- One-liner  Title : Inventory Quantity Field Brief Description : Currently the inventory is lacking one of the most basic features: quantity of items. If I carry 8 daggers, there is no field to place that 8 in... Also I would need to manually calculate their Bulk (weight)... Please, just add a Quantity Field and make sure it multiples the listed Bulk accordingly. ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- One-liner  Title : Visible UTEML Brief Description : The whole system works on the UTEML Proficiency System of Untrained, Trained, Expert, Master and Legendary. Several Skill Feats and other Features require you to be X (like Expert for example) in order to be able to use them. Is quite annoying that you can't check at first glance if you are Expert in Athletics. Currently you need to open the edit menu, or know what number your Expert would correspond to when looking at the Proficiency Field; which is a little of an annoyance and not immediately obvious when scanning all your Skills. ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- One-liner  Title : Ability to turn Criticals ON/OFF Brief Description : The Sheet right now re-rolls all dice for Critical Damage, so you could do a 4 Hit (rolling max on 1d4) and 2 Critical (rolling min on 2d4). Pathfinder 2nd Edition critical rules just tell you to double the number, and that's what I want to do, and is quite annoying having the current criticals (which I won't be using) visible on all my rolls. Give me an option to disable rolling and showing them. ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- One-liner  Title : Custom Critical Field on Attacks. Brief Description : Several weapon traits, class feats and abilities; like the Deadly weapon trait, add extra damage only on criticals, on top of doubling the damage. I currently don't see any option to manually add extra numbers and dice that only get added on critical strikes. Also, the Fatal weapon trait increases the dice size on crits (from 2d6 to 2d8 for example), would also be nice to have some option for that too. ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- One-liner  Title : Slot for Number of Prepared Spells for each individual spell. Brief Description : Unlike 5e, Prepared Casters in Pathfinder prepare the exact number of each spell they want to cast that day. So a Prepared caster could decide to prepare exactly 1 Fireballs and 1 Haste with their two 3th Level Spell Slots. The current sheet has no support for this (adding a number next to each spell to indicate how many times you prepared it). Only having a global "2 out of 2" on your Prepared Spells for the 3th Spell Level doesn't cover the fact that you prepared exactly 1 Fireball and 1 Haste. ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- One-liner  Title : Armor Class, Armor Field instead of Repeated Proficiency Brief Description : When you open the Armor Class section to edit, you have all of the armor options (Unarmored, Light Armor, Medium Armor, Heavy Armor)... but then, on top, you have a field called Rank where you have to fill again with the same value (Untrained, Trained, Expert, Master, Legendary) for the armor you are wearing... It would be more elegant if instead of being called "Rank" it was called "Armor", and if instead of the UTEML system, you filled with "Unarmored, Light, Medium or Heavy" and it automatically used the values you listed bellow. ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- One-liner  Title : Unarmed Weapon Proficiency Brief Description : The Wepaon Proficiency field doesn't have an Unarmed Strikes field, and it desesperately needs one... All of my players were forced to add it manually. ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- One-liner  Title : Action Symbols (or at least Number of Actions Field) Brief Description : The whole system is based on the 3-Action Economy system, were all players (and enemies) have 3 Actions by default to spend on the actions or activities they want to perform on their turns. Many of these activities cost 2 or 3 Actions, most notably Spells. My players are forced to manually add ASCII symbols in front of the Feats or Spell Names to mark somehow how many actions they cost to perform... We really need at the very least a field to list the number of actions necessary for each Spells, Feat and even Attacks. Ideally this would show up using the Economy Symbols instead of a plain number. Please notice that we also need the field to work for Free Actions (F, 0, Empty Square Symbol) and Reactions (R, Arrow Symbol). ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- One-liner  Title : Support for "L" Bulk. Brief Description : Allow us to type "L" (as is the language the system uses) for objects of Light Bulk instead of "0.1". I wouldn't know if the Sheet currently supports this because of the lack of a "Quantity" field to mark down that I'm carrying 10 of the L-bulk object. ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- One-liner  Title : Weapon Specialization Damage Brief Description : When you reach certain levels, your Weapon Proficiency starts giving you Flat Damage to your attacks. This is gained at different levels for different classes, and some increase this number even higher further (like Barbarians). It would be nice to have a Field to add this damage when we unlock it withing the Weapon Proficiencies part of the Sheet, so it gets automatically added to all our attacks based on the proficiency they use. ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- One-liner  Title : Automatically Calculated Spell DC. Brief Description : Your Spell DC in Pathfinder is the same for all of your Spells (barring multiclassing). Is quite annoying that after manually filling your Spell CD and Magical Traditions with your UTEML in the Spells Sheet, when you add a spell of that tradition, you have to manually fill the same fields (like marking again that you are Trained and use WIS) on each-individual-spell... If I have all the Druid spells listed, and I increase my Proficiency to Expert, I would have to manually edit all the spells to Expert... At this point, not filling the DC field of the spell (and telling the GM what my DC is) would be more practical... but if I don't flag that DC, the spell doesn't show needing a save at all. The current Field could still be there, and Flagged/Used when you need exceptions (because you have a different DC because of Multiclassing or something else), but the Spells should know to use your DC by default. ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- One-liner  Title : Simplified Monster Sheets Brief Description : I have been needing these for 2 weeks now... I refuse to prepare monsters with the current Character Sheets... I need an option to generate (or switch) sheets in "Monster Mode" with just the very few fields they use. ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- One-liner  Title : Automatically Re-Calculate your Level/Proficiencies. Brief Description : Everything in Pathfinder 2nd Edition is based on the UTEML Proficiency system, which also happens to include your level in the equation (except for Untrained). So when you go up a level, everything you are at least trained in goes up by 1... Currently the Sheet does a good job at acknowledging this, but it won't update the numbers unless you also happen to be editing at least 1 field (same for the HP). It should do the calculations automatically when you type in a new level, even if you are not editing any field.
Kaemonarch said: One-liner  Title : Automatically Calculated Spell DC. Brief Description : Your Spell DC in Pathfinder is the same for all of your Spells (barring multiclassing). Is quite annoying that after manually filling your Spell CD and Magical Traditions with your UTEML in the Spells Sheet, when you add a spell of that tradition, you have to manually fill the same fields (like marking again that you are Trained and use WIS) on each-individual-spell... If I have all the Druid spells listed, and I increase my Proficiency to Expert, I would have to manually edit all the spells to Expert... At this point, not filling the DC field of the spell (and telling the GM what my DC is) would be more practical... but if I don't flag that DC, the spell doesn't show needing a save at all. It's not *that* simple. As well as the multiclassing issue, there are non-spellcasters with focus spells, and don't forget innate spells, which are usually Charisma based.
I second everything in Kaemonarch’s report, though if you add in icons for number of actions they will need to be labeled for screen readers.
Is there anyway to a mark a spell as prepared? Like a toggle that will make the spells grayed out if not using them? That way prepared casters don't have to add and delete every time you prepare spells for the day.

Edited 1565565586
I think I accessed a secret NPC sheet? If I did, will I break my game if I use it? If I did not, can someone tell me how to manually activate it, instead of having to copy an NPC from the Playtest? If the only reason we can't get access to it now is that it is ugly, can we just get a button to activate it with a big "WARNING IT IS UGLY" label? Looks fine for my use. EDIT: I figured out how to activate it (I think):
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Dawnwalker  Some of the npc sheet code is live. It was not active at launch as we were not finished and if we needed to change attribute names during development users would loose data. If all goes well it will be live this week. You can use it now but do so at your own risk. You may need to review & enter data a second time as attribute names are subject to change before official release .
That is awesome, I am glad it wasn't that far away. I really quite like how simple the NPC sheet looks, so I am crossing fingers that it won't become much more cluttered :) Very understandable if I lose data, that is on my own head, a risk I must take. What is adventuring if not risk? Cassie said: Dawnwalker  Some of the npc sheet code is live. It was not active at launch as we were not finished and if we needed to change attribute names during development users would loose data. If all goes well it will be live this week. You can use it now but do so at your own risk. You may need to review & enter data a second time as attribute names are subject to change before official release .

Edited 1565712326
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greetings fair users, Version 2  Version 2 of the sheet is out which includes the initial npc sheet option. There is a button in Options to switch a character to npc. Spellcaster npc are not yet supported but we're working on that. I forgot to complete two items which will be coming soon. First the setting buttons for NPC repeating sections are on the right instead of left. Take notice their location will be moving. Also we'll create the option in Game Settings so gamemasters can set new sheets to default as PC or NPC. Spells Supporting spells for intricate role playing games on a character sheet is hard. ;) We are refactoring much of our Spells code in order to make feature request easier to do. Once this is done we'll look into adding the requested prepared spell indicator as well as addressing the common confusion about spell DC/Attacks. Inventory We'll be looking to add the quantity input for Inventory soon. Other Feature Requests Have no fear if your feature request was not listed above. We're still prioritizing, refactoring, and discussing each suggestion. We had seventeen when I made the list and more have been added since so it takes a bit of time. :) Thanks, Cassie
Cassie, Thank you for all your and the team's effort! NPC sheet is very helpful
Thanks on the update!!! From what i can gather most rolls are not working on the npc sheet, i get 0 in initiative, saves, skill and perception rolls
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Maelorn&nbsp; You're welcome. :) We appreciate words of encouragement. Enrique D. Are these new npcs or npcs that were converted from the pc sheet? My test show the rolls working,&nbsp; <a href="https://gyazo.com/492e4f24c7898b4cebd1d7e999699964" rel="nofollow">https://gyazo.com/492e4f24c7898b4cebd1d7e999699964</a>

Edited 1565829529
i find out what was it, i was adding the + symbol to the stats, and it was returning 0 to me in the rolls :D EDIT: As a feedback, the action economy thing should be more integrated, in my attack i am adding 1a, 2a or 3a in the tittle to know how much actions they use
Class(es) /&nbsp; Subclass : NPC Sheet Description of issue :&nbsp; NPC sheet doesn't show actions on offensive and proactive abilities.&nbsp; Here's the Rush ability - # actions are not shown in the charsheet. If you click you get it but it's inconvenient. Screenshots:
Forgive me if this is already pointed out, or if I'm doing something wrong but.&nbsp; Spell entries don't set the DC's correctly. it just needs to add the auto 10 I think But the focus spell sections looks like this. and outputs correctly
Class(es) /&nbsp; Subclass : NPC Sheet Description of issue :&nbsp; Trigger for reaction is shown at the end of the abillity, while in the original it is in the beginning. Also please make it more noticable and icons for actions (1 action, reaction) like in the books would be great ). Thanks. Screenshots:
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ryn said: Forgive me if this is already pointed out, or if I'm doing something wrong but.&nbsp; Spell entries don't set the DC's correctly. Right. This is a bug. Thanks for the feedback!
Maelorn said: Class(es) /&nbsp; Subclass : NPC Sheet Description of issue :&nbsp; Trigger for reaction is shown at the end of the abillity, while in the original it is in the beginning. Also please make it more noticable and icons for actions (1 action, reaction) like in the books would be great ). Thanks. Screenshots: Can we get those symbols coded into the Player and NPC sheet?&nbsp; As a drop down to select what type of action it is 1/2/3/free/reaction and have the symbols show up in the api cards?
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
DungeonM For the inventory you can enter "l" or "L" into bulk. It doesn't add 0.1 but instead looks at all the "L" and only adds a bulk if there are 10 of them. This may be more intuitive once we've added the quantity input &amp; a wiki. Nick S. Thank you for the tutorial on navigation. It was a stumbling block when I started using ChromeVox. I will pick up NVDA and make a donation to support the project. I appreciate this feedback regarding the inputs! We can certainly change the way we hide &amp; reveal these areas. Currently we use a height equals zero method. In testing, I discovered this makes navigation with the tab button on a keyboard a not so great experience for a sighted user without audio support as the cursor can get lost in the hidden inputs. I believe the Pathfinder First Edition solution you suggested will help with tab navigation and from your feedback improve the experience for screen readers as well. Nelson V.&nbsp; We are investigating doing a high contrast gray scale option for the sheet as per your feedback and the additional support in this thread. We will want to request Paizo's approval and we'll need to do a bit of coding work to make it viable. I've got it on my docket to look into that. If we are unable make it happen please don't hold it against me. Know that we tried. :) Royal&nbsp; Thanks to for all the book references in your suggestion. I have added it to the feature request list. :) Aloizio M.&nbsp; Thanks for the report and this should now be fixed. Kaemonarch This is a very helpful list of ideas. I'll go through it for my feature request document. There is a lot of good feedback here and several suggestions are supported by other users as well. We supported "L" for bulk at launch though clearly we did not communicate that to users. :( When adding L or l to the bulk input the sheet workers should evaluate each other item in the inventory and only add a bulk for every ten. If this isn't the behavior you're experiencing let me know. Overall this will be improved when we add the quaintly input &amp; we are are currently in progress on a wiki for the sheet. The last two requests were added/fixed as of the update on 13th August. Patrick G There is not currently a way to represent prepared spell casting. It is on our list of features to schedule for development. Enrique D. Thanks for the feedback. This was something we missed but we know an easy way to make + a number work. We'll look at adding so a new user wont run into this scenario. :) Maelorn &nbsp;&amp;&nbsp; Ryn We appreciate the reports. I'll look at getting in bug tickets &amp; improvements on those areas. To Everyone Else, I apologize if I missed your post in my big reply. Feel free to make a comment if you had something needing addressing that did not get answered. Thanks, Cassie User Collaboration Team Lead
Class(es) /&nbsp; Subclass : NPC Sheet Description of issue :&nbsp; Rolling initiative from NPC sheet using skills that NPCs don't have sets their initiative to 0 instead of rolled value + characteristics modifier. E.g. Orc doesn't have a stealth skill, but has +2 dex. If I want to roll initiative from stealth I should get 1d20+2. In current sheet I intead get 0. Screenshots:
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greetings Maelorn, I'll get that fixed asap. The problem is stealth is not 0 but instead is null. Without a number the math fails when the roll is done. ;( Good catch. As a work around you can set stealth to 0 and it should work.
Class(es) /&nbsp; Subclass : Syntax for Repeating rolls&nbsp;&nbsp; Description:&nbsp;&nbsp; It would be nice if we could program the attribute name for rolls in order to be able to build Token macro buttons.&nbsp; For example, %{selected|diplomacy} will roll Diplomacy, but I can't figure out how to do the same for Weapons/Feats/Spells.&nbsp;&nbsp; The ideal solution would be if hovertext provided the name of the command to activate that roll.&nbsp; If embedding this information as hovertext is too problematic, posting developer notes which explains the syntax would be just as useful.&nbsp;&nbsp;
I think 9th-level spells might be broken? The character sheet's button for them does nothing on both filled spells and blank spells with just a title on both campaigns I've tested them in. Other spell levels (including 10th) seem to work as intended.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Anthony G. said: Class(es) /&nbsp; Subclass : Syntax for Repeating rolls&nbsp;&nbsp; Description:&nbsp;&nbsp; It would be nice if we could program the attribute name for rolls in order to be able to build Token macro buttons.&nbsp; For example, %{selected|diplomacy} will roll Diplomacy, but I can't figure out how to do the same for Weapons/Feats/Spells.&nbsp;&nbsp; The ideal solution would be if hovertext provided the name of the command to activate that roll.&nbsp; If embedding this information as hovertext is too problematic, posting developer notes which explains the syntax would be just as useful.&nbsp;&nbsp; The documentation for the sheet is still underway , but I've summed up a few things related to repeating sections and the roll buttons already.
Adding my voice for better color scheme options too.
Cassie said: Nick S. Thank you for the tutorial on navigation. It was a stumbling block when I started using ChromeVox. I will pick up NVDA and make a donation to support the project. I appreciate this feedback regarding the inputs! We can certainly change the way we hide &amp; reveal these areas. Currently we use a height equals zero method. In testing, I discovered this makes navigation with the tab button on a keyboard a not so great experience for a sighted user without audio support as the cursor can get lost in the hidden inputs. I believe the Pathfinder First Edition solution you suggested will help with tab navigation and from your feedback improve the experience for screen readers as well. I appreciate the continued work on accessibility. Honestly I wish chromevox was a good product but it doesn't work like any screen reader I've ever used, making it quite the learning curve.
The button to whisper rolls to GM seems to be broken. NPC sheets can still whisper through the dropdown menu on the sheet, but the button toggle doesn't work on character sheets. Anyone else having this issue? Was working fine yesterday.&nbsp;
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Bobby I am seeing the same effect and I believe we did roll out a change for it. I'll get my team looking into it for a hot fix.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Version 2.01 released 20 August 2019 Bug Fixes Saving throws rolls were using the wrong notes attribute name thereby not showing the notes when rolled. It will work now. Spell DC will now calculate with the +10 when a magic tradition is selected NPC setting buttons were moved to the left side to be consistent with the PC sheet NPC sheet had numerous display updates as reported by&nbsp; Maelorn . Let us know if we missed any. Feature Request Changed sheet worker names to increase readability Game Settings now has two options to set defaults related GM whispers &amp; sheet type.&nbsp;
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greetings Folks, We found the error causing the gm whisper issue. We've got a fix in QA and we'll get that pushed out before the weekend. Thanks, Cassie
So when entering NPC damage there needs to be a secondary damage area so it'll roll all the attack stuff. even if I put the extra damage in the notes section it won't roll it even in double brackets. Many NPCs have multiple damage ona&nbsp; single action like the Fire Mephit from Age of Ashes very first encounter is 1d6 slashing and 1d4 fire.
Andreas J. said: Anthony G. said: Class(es) /&nbsp; Subclass : Syntax for Repeating rolls&nbsp;&nbsp; Description:&nbsp;&nbsp; It would be nice if we could program the attribute name for rolls in order to be able to build Token macro buttons.&nbsp; For example, %{selected|diplomacy} will roll Diplomacy, but I can't figure out how to do the same for Weapons/Feats/Spells.&nbsp;&nbsp; The ideal solution would be if hovertext provided the name of the command to activate that roll.&nbsp; If embedding this information as hovertext is too problematic, posting developer notes which explains the syntax would be just as useful.&nbsp;&nbsp; The documentation for the sheet is still underway , but I've summed up a few things related to repeating sections and the roll buttons already. Exactly what I needed!&nbsp; Thank you for the timely response! Also, if I may say so, this is far more thorough and well laid-out than the vast majority of technical documentation.&nbsp; Kudos, sir.
Here's some additional accessibility feedback, though I don't know if it's possible to implement at this point or not. The buttons for character, details, feats, etc. would be better for screen readers if they were radio buttons. That way the screen reader will identify which one is checked when I'm going through them. As it is now I can't tell until I scroll through the rest of the sheet. I know you're still working on the Y buttons to hide the editable sections of the sheet from screen readers and keyboard navigation instead of just visually. It would be helpful if the Y buttons themselves were check boxes instead of buttons for the same reason I mentioned above. Other than that the sheet seems perfectly accessible to me. I haven't been able to mess with it much so if I encounter anything else I'll report it.
Ryn said: So when entering NPC damage there needs to be a secondary damage area so it'll roll all the attack stuff. even if I put the extra damage in the notes section it won't roll it even in double brackets. Many NPCs have multiple damage ona&nbsp; single action like the Fire Mephit from Age of Ashes very first encounter is 1d6 slashing and 1d4 fire. I agree with this 100%. The worst case scenario, Treerazer, on a hit does&nbsp;4d12+15 slashing plus 1d6 acid, 1d6 chaotic, and 1d6 evil, and 2d6 slashing vs. plants. That's five different damage types to account for. Being able to press a "plus" button for additional damage types would be incredibly helpful for this sheet.
Ezekieru said: Ryn said: So when entering NPC damage there needs to be a secondary damage area so it'll roll all the attack stuff. even if I put the extra damage in the notes section it won't roll it even in double brackets. Many NPCs have multiple damage ona&nbsp; single action like the Fire Mephit from Age of Ashes very first encounter is 1d6 slashing and 1d4 fire. I agree with this 100%. The worst case scenario, Treerazer, on a hit does&nbsp;4d12+15 slashing plus 1d6 acid, 1d6 chaotic, and 1d6 evil, and 2d6 slashing vs. plants. That's five different damage types to account for. Being able to press a "plus" button for additional damage types would be incredibly helpful for this sheet. Support that. This is necessary for many monsters
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ezekieru said: I agree with this 100%. The worst case scenario, Treerazer, on a hit does&nbsp;4d12+15 slashing plus 1d6 acid, 1d6 chaotic, and 1d6 evil, and 2d6 slashing vs. plants. That's five different damage types to account for. Note that you can enter "4d12+5" in the damage field, and "slashing plus [[1d6]] acid, [[1d6]] chaotic, and [[1d6]] evil, and [[2d6]] slashing vs. plants" in the damage type field, though critical damage won't account for these. &nbsp;
Natha said: Ezekieru said: I agree with this 100%. The worst case scenario, Treerazer, on a hit does&nbsp;4d12+15 slashing plus 1d6 acid, 1d6 chaotic, and 1d6 evil, and 2d6 slashing vs. plants. That's five different damage types to account for. Note that you can enter "4d12+5" in the damage field, and "slashing plus [[1d6]] acid, [[1d6]] chaotic, and [[1d6]] evil, and [[2d6]] slashing vs. plants" in the damage type field, though critical damage won't account for these. &nbsp; Thank you for this temporary fix at least. We still need multiple damage fields (with defined damage types) in both the PC and NPC sheets, but for now this will work.&nbsp;
Critical Damage shouldn't be rolled on it's own anyway.&nbsp; The default way damage is handled is to double the damage.&nbsp; So making the critical damage section just double all the damage entries rolled would be the most realistic output. Because, and I'm sad to say this, after watching many streamed games including the Knights of Evenflame grown adults apparently can't do simple math these days.