Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20 (Q3Y2019)

Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks for all the appreciative thanks everyone. We're actively working on the new color scheme as well as NPC drag & drop. No ETAs just yet.

Edited 1569424707
Hello everyone, I was wondering if it would be possible to design the Pathfinder 2 sheet as the 6 examples I have listed below. There are all the drawers that can have the pdf character sheet that I bought in the luxury character sheets. Thank you very much. The first page represents the core button, the second page represents the feat button, the third page represents the spells button, the fourth page represents the very important formulas and crafts button, the fifth page represents the equipment button and the sixth page represents the biography and history button.
Hello to the peoples! Just starting a new campaign as a GM. Decided on PF2. Doesn't seem to be a compendium/ beastiary..... :( Coming soon? ETA? Thanks!

Edited 1569878010
Kinder B. said: Hello to the peoples! Just starting a new campaign as a GM. Decided on PF2. Doesn't seem to be a compendium/ beastiary..... :( Coming soon? ETA? Thanks! There isn't a free version of the compendium in Roll20, but all information is free at 2e.aonprd.com, you'll just have to manually enter everything. Which you would have to do anyway, since Drag-and-Drop isn't implemented for the current compendium yet. the Bestiary is soon, i believe, i think they just announced it on their twitter but i forget the date (Edit for correct website because I'm dumb lol)
Izant said: Hello everyone, I was wondering if it would be possible to design the Pathfinder 2 sheet as the 6 examples I have listed below. There are all the drawers that can have the pdf character sheet that I bought in the luxury character sheets. Thank you very much. The first page represents the core button, the second page represents the feat button, the third page represents the spells button, the fourth page represents the very important formulas and crafts button, the fifth page represents the equipment button and the sixth page represents the biography and history button. Gods this would be great. All the information I've come to expect from say the standard 5e sheet so wonderfully laid out.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Version 2.14 SCSS deployed Color reduction was completed. You may see slightly color changes. We did this to reduce the number of overall colors in the sheet. This is a step in allowing us to do an alternate color theme.
Cassie said: Version 2.14 SCSS deployed Color reduction was completed. You may see slightly color changes. We did this to reduce the number of overall colors in the sheet. This is a step in allowing us to do an alternate color theme. What is SCSS?
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
SASS/SCSS ( syntactically awesome style sheets)  is a programming language for compiling into CSS. We are refactoring our code so it will be easier and faster to implement new features and fix old ones. 

Edited 1569991974
Sheet Issue #1 Class(es) /  Subclass : All Description of issue :  When Sheet popped out into its own window, dragging items to reorder them does not function. Sheet Issue #2 Class(es) /  Subclass : All Description of issue :  Focus Spells are missing the Spell Tradition dropdown. Sheet Issue #3 Class(es) /  Subclass : All Description of issue :  No checkbox to remove display of Innate spells. Sheet Issue #4 Class(es) /  Subclass : All Description of issue :  Shield HP not editable without opening cog menu. Sheet Issue #5 Class(es) /  Subclass : All Description of issue :  Saving Throw and Skill bubbles do not show reference name on mouseover. Sheet Issue #6 Class(es) /  Subclass : All Description of issue :  Sense and Language roll buttons become inactive if you mouse over their text. Sheet Issue #7 Class(es) /  Subclass : All Description of issue :  "Notes" and "description" text should be removed.  They don't conform to your other UI decisions, "notes" are inconsistent, as putting a "note" on a skill won't cause the "note" text to display, but it will on feats.  It's also just ugly clutter. Examples: Sheet Issue #8 Class(es) /  Subclass : All Description of issue :  Action/reaction typing is improperly displayed.  i.e. "0 reaction" Examples:   Sheet Issue #9 Class(es) /  Subclass : All Description of issue :  Maximum Bulk value improperly wrapping. Examples: The following reported issues also need follow-up and to be added to the roadmap: Degree of Success options for non-Save spells (i.e. Tanglefoot, Hydraulic Push). Deadly/Fatal damage dice. Separate Bonuses for Initiative & Perception

Edited 1569985467
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Cassie said: SASS/SCSS ( syntactically awesome style sheets)  is a programming language for compiling into CSS. We are refactoring our code so it will be easier and faster to implement new features and fix old ones.  So does that mean roll20 can now handle sass/scss directly, or is this something used locally in editing to compile the css page used by roll20?  Ignorant and Curious ® .  ;-)  Thanks
I have two requests that deal with making core feats more accessible to users. One-liner  Title : Formula Inputs on custom modifiers Brief  Description : Several feats (such as Toughness and Untrained Improvisation) would benefit greatly from having @{level} an option on custom modifiers for HP and Skills respectively. Currently, adding a formula breaks the sheet and does not output the correct value. The only current option is to manually modify each ability on level up. Nearly every custom modifier on the sheet would benefit from having formulaic input. This would both solve several current issues like those mentioned, as well as future-proof the sheet.  References : Toughness Feat , Untrained Improvisation Feat Only options for adding Hit Points are Ancestry, Class, Other, and Item. Other and Item should allow formulaic inputs.  vs  Only options for adding bonuses / penalties on skills are Item, Temp, Armor. There is no "Other" category, so I chose Temp. Using a formula here significantly distorts the sheet and does not calculate the formula. Adding [[ ]] around the formula also does not work.  vs  One-liner  Title :  Custom Modifier on Initiative. Brief  Description : There is no option to apply a custom modifier to initiative only. The feat Incredible Initiative adds a modifier on Initiative, but not to Perception. In addition, Notes are not correctly displayed on Initiative rolls, so the player must track an additional number instead of having it calculate automatically. References : Incredible Initiative Feat Output rolls: Sheet setup:
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Vince said: So does that mean roll20 can now handle sass/scss directly, or is this something used locally in editing to compile the css page used by roll20?  Ignorant and Curious ® .  ;-)  Thanks No, Roll20 can't handle scss directly, they just have adopted to use it in development, as Cassie said, "so it will be easier and faster to implement new features and fix old ones.". If the functionality of the custom sheet editor had been changed, that would have definitely been mentioned as an standalone update along other things this week like the wish-list.
@ JBRam   A bandaid fix for the toughness issue is to just increase the class hp by one, that's how we've been handling it in our games

Edited 1570307242
Does anyone know the attribute for the full display of an NPC strike, if there is one? I know the attribute for the name of the strike is @{weapon}, which will give me, for example, 'longsword', but I would like the attribute that gives me the full 'longsword +3 (1d8+2)' etc. I've tried @{weapondisplay}, @{weapon-display}, and @{weapon_display}. I know in the PF1E sheet, the relevant attributes are @{atkname} and @{atkdisplay}, so I'm curious if this sheet has something similar.

Edited 1570418784
Phenomen
Translator
Please make it possible to drag spells from one level to another. It's really common since many classes can heighten spells.Right now it's huge pain to remove spell from one level and fill it up in another from the scratch.

Edited 1570554480
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Version 3 Feature Requests NPC Drag & Drop. Spellcaster npcs have limited support for now. Additional support is coming for those who also have CRB.

Edited 1570979446
One-liner  Title : Degree of Success on Spells with no Saves Brief  Description : Small request, but I'd like it lol. As of now, the degrees of success (Crit success, success, fail, crit fail) only show up if you have the Saving Throw box checked off. But not all spells with degrees of success have saving throws. Some spells use an attack roll and have additional effects based on the degree of success. Having these display without needing to display a non existing saving throw would be nice. Some examples listed below: References : CRB Ray of Frost pg 362 (10ft speed penalty on a critical success) LOWG Snowball pg 112 (-5ft speed penalty on a success, -10ft speed penalty on a critical success) CRB Hydraulic Push pg 344 (knock back 5ft on a success, knock back 10ft on a critical success) CRB Tanglefoot pg 377
Instead of having separated lists where you add/edit/delete Features, Equipment, Spells, etc., why don't each of those have a particular selection that moves them to the proper list based on that tag? This way, instead of having to copy-paste details from one list to another, you just edit the category selection. Worn item easily into Other items and vice versa, 1st-level spell moves into 2nd-level, it would make it easier to move a feat out of the wrong list into the correct one, and so on. This could also help with the Actions and Attack options.
seconded. I'd like to see the cost as field in inventory as well Silver said: Instead of having separated lists where you add/edit/delete Features, Equipment, Spells, etc., why don't each of those have a particular selection that moves them to the proper list based on that tag? This way, instead of having to copy-paste details from one list to another, you just edit the category selection. Worn item easily into Other items and vice versa, 1st-level spell moves into 2nd-level, it would make it easier to move a feat out of the wrong list into the correct one, and so on. This could also help with the Actions and Attack options.
FrostLock said: One-liner  Title : Formulae Book Brief  Description : Alchemist currently has no good way of organizing their infused reagents, crafted items, or formulae. Yes - Right now there is no automation to speak of, and this class has a bit to juggle, and could use automation

Edited 1571584295
One-liner  Title : NPC Spell Attack Rolls Brief  Description : This used to work, but it looks like it was broken during a recent update? Previously you used to just enter the Spell Attack number in the box, and it would use that number. Now, there are 2 check boxes in the "Attack" box, neither of which use the Spell Attack roll. Checking the first box rolls the spell with an attack roll, but tries to calculate it as a PC, rather than using the 16. In this case Trained (9) + Cha (3) since I haven't changed those fields. The second check box doesn't seem to do anything at all? Checking that box just rolls the spell without an attack roll. EDIT I now see what the sheet is doing. There is a "Spell" and an "NPC Spell" I...don't really like this? Can this revert back to the way it was before?
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Moving report here: Speed  said: On Character sheet. If this is wrong thread please move it since I do not know where to find it Cannot choose single attack (like for cleave option) on weapons/attacks. Also it automatically adds attacks beyond 4th on BAB more than 20. Cannot add things like perfect-weapon fighting (4th attack from off-hand, as well as hasted attacks).

Edited 1572210755
Feature Request: Buffs and Double Weapons Brief Description: It would be really nice to have options for (de)buff spells in the spell descriptions. There are a bunch of options for damaging spells, but I can't figure out how to handle support spells (e.g., skill/ability boosts). I currently have two separate weapons describing a staff--1 hand [1d4] and 2 hand [1d8]. It would be useful if we could have a double weapon checkbox and have the weapon query 1h or 2h while rolling damage. Additional Info: I'm very new and exhausted my understanding on the wiki, so if there's already a way to do this, please let me know.
When can we get crits fixed? Just give us the option to remove the critical damage value. This is incredibly confusing to the newer players of my group, and it's kind of silly I still have to keep on saying "It's a left over from the playtest that for some reason after three months they haven't gotten around to fixing. Just ignore it."
Worse, It's not even a proper leftover from Playtest: With the Playtest sheets, you had a button on your Damage that you'd have to click to roll the remaining dice in a critical hit. which, if it still worked like that, it would be great since its an optional rule in the CRB. It doesn't work like that though, it just rerolls everything and it makes for some incredibly awkward results in the game chat.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Dee Are said: When can we get crits fixed? Just give us the option to remove the critical damage value. This is incredibly confusing to the newer players of my group, and it's kind of silly I still have to keep on saying "It's a left over from the playtest that for some reason after three months they haven't gotten around to fixing. Just ignore it." Royal said: Worse, It's not even a proper leftover from Playtest: With the Playtest sheets, you had a button on your Damage that you'd have to click to roll the remaining dice in a critical hit. which, if it still worked like that, it would be great since its an optional rule in the CRB. It doesn't work like that though, it just rerolls everything and it makes for some incredibly awkward results in the game chat. Dee Are , Royal , this is the old thread, the latest Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20 (Q4Y2019) thread is pinned to the top of the sub. I've posted your comments there for visibility.

Edited 1573232006
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I'm going to lock this thread since we have a new one and Andreas posted the link above. On topic of Critical Damage we have some changes coming soon. They are being tested by QA now. - Cassie