Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20 (Q4Y2019)

are there any plans on including a field of toggle-enabled bonuses? bonuses might be small and less frequent in PF2, but a custom field like we had in Playtest, or like in Starfinder, is really nice to get that +2 circumstance bonus to stealth from Chameleon Gnome heritage, or that +1 to Initiative rolls when you use Deception as a Leshy.
What about an animal companion section to a character sheet? Do we just use a second character sheet for the companion or is there another sheet for them?
I use a 2nd sheet Animal Companions as well as familiars and it works just fine, still concerned about the slow progress of the sheet here as well as still no Age of Ashes Modules yet.:( Tom

Edited 1573586796
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Version 3.02 Critical damage now has a toggle option. PC NPC Options Don't roll critical damage Show a chat button to roll critical damage Auto roll critical damage

Edited 1573586653
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Spells update coming We are working on a significant design change for the Spells tab and I wanted to share the why of it with you. As with all change some people will like it and others will not but hopefully after reading this you'll understand our thought process behind the update. :) For a bit of background, the initial creation of the Pathfinder Second Edition was an ambitious goal. Everyone wanted to support this new game on launch day in August but we had a limited resources & time to create a robust character sheet. When first given the task, my thought was it would be impossible O_O. We put ours heads to the tasks, delayed a few features for later (thank you for your patience), and took shortcuts. We met the goal! Tragically one of the shortcuts we had to take was the Spells tab. The current Spells section is a reworked version from the playtest sheet. While it worked well enough for the initial release, it has several significant short comings which have been documented in these forum threads. After reading all of your feedback, planning out our drag & drop functionality, and thinking about a future Charactermancer...it was decided that we needed to redesign this section before continuing forward. The issues listed here could not easily be addressed in the sheet's current state and once we start the bigger projects these changes would become much more difficult. The update I wont go into too much detail because we are still testing the design and the specifics are subject to change. It's worth noting we will be incorporating our version of Phenome daily use design in order to better support prepared spellcasters. We'll also be addressing some of Toshimo's list as well as other pieces of feedback from the previous thread. I want to thank everyone for adding their notes and a special thanks to those people who +1 other people's ideas to help us gauge interest. We are still several weeks from completion but here is a sneak peek. 
VERY nice Roll20 team!! Thanks Tom
Yay, thank you. Our group is waiting for these changes! I have 4 spellcasters out of 6 players XD
finally a way to shut off the awkward Crit damage display and a wonderful looking spell display! including separate cast and actions listings! its downright beautiful now if we could only do something about the brown
A little worrying it's gonna take several weeks to complete this update, especially if all other updates are effectively on hold until the spells update is live. That's a long time to wait, not gonna lie. And if there's gonna be long periods of radio silence between updates, that's even more worrying.
Andrew M. said: Liam R. said: You can't. The best you can do is just create your own macro to do it yourself. Ty.  Fairly aggravating. Been asking for R20's basic math module (the one R20 has in almost every game, sheet and community sheet) to be supported in this sheet since its inception. No comments on it thus far so I'm kind of forced to assume the sheet was made incompetently and thus cannot ever support the R20's basic math. Which is very disappointing. 
Ezekieru said: A little worrying it's gonna take several weeks to complete this update, especially if all other updates are effectively on hold until the spells update is live. That's a long time to wait, not gonna lie. And if there's gonna be long periods of radio silence between updates, that's even more worrying. Yeah, it worries me as well. If Cassie reads this thread, please share with us the progress about the sheet (on Tuesdays I suppose). We need it. Thank you! 

Edited 1573757870
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Tom You're welcome. ^_^ Maelorn Could I copy your Pathfinder Second Edition game for testing? If you don't mind, can you PM me the name of the game? It will benefit our work greatly to have spellcasters made by users. Royal Is it brown? I think the variable name in our SCSS is reddish. I'm awaiting my designer to send me a new color scheme and we have to get that Paizo approved. I am working on the needed code this week so when we get the colors it will be easier to plug them in. Ezekieru This update is will have taken about 2 months. :) It's important to us that we design, test, and create minimal interruption to games. We are taking the time to write versioning scripts in order to help reduce the change impact to users while also adding in functionality that was requested. I wrote the post above because we are nearing the end and are looking to schedule a launch date soon. Pathfinder Second Edition has been steadily receiving feature request & bug fixes since its launch in August and that trend will continue. On the topic of radio silence, I'm a programmer. I much prefer writing code to writing forum messages. Would you rather have new features & bug fixes or chatty forum topics? :) That said I do stop by to read comments frequently so continue to post and engage each other in conversation. The posts here have been helpful in determining our priorities. - Cassie User Collaboration Team Lead
Cassie, you are the best. I you are right and the actual work is top priority. I think it's just us missing you XD. 
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Aaaaaaah. blush
Thank you and the team for trying to get back with us when you can. I'm certain the team is considerably smaller than 5e's or burn bryte, so you all have more weight to pull around. Also, yeah it's brown. Reddish, like your scss says. But it's also not your fault either. I love pf2 but jeeze I wish paizo didn't use these colors lol One thing of note: in the options, Bonus to Attack Rolls is currently the best way to handle MAP. But I do have one issue: if you have more than one pc style character sheet, it lags for several seconds. Last night I had two characters rolling for a game and it would take a full 2 seconds to let me use the pop-up window for it. This delay grows as the game continues. With only one sheet open, the delay is minimal, negligible, but more than that and it becomes huge.
Royal said: Thank you and the team for trying to get back with us when you can. I'm certain the team is considerably smaller than 5e's or burn bryte, so you all have more weight to pull around. Also, yeah it's brown. Reddish, like your scss says. But it's also not your fault either. I love pf2 but jeeze I wish paizo didn't use these colors lol One thing of note: in the options, Bonus to Attack Rolls is currently the best way to handle MAP. But I do have one issue: if you have more than one pc style character sheet, it lags for several seconds. Last night I had two characters rolling for a game and it would take a full 2 seconds to let me use the pop-up window for it. This delay grows as the game continues. With only one sheet open, the delay is minimal, negligible, but more than that and it becomes huge. Paizo actually agreed that the colors aren't ideal and they're going to redo the sheets in January - February. Directly from Seifter. So we might see them taking another stab at them.
Bug Report: Bestiary integration into Info / Compendium tab Issue: Searching for various terms present in the Bestiary do not return results. Example: searching for "Ability Glossary" returns the section on monster abilities, but searching for individual abilities within this glossary (such as "Swallow Whole") return no results. Should be easily reproduced.

Edited 1574183070
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Pathfinder Second Edition spell redesign is on the Dev server. If you are a Pro user, you can go over there and check it out. You'll find some red text were translations keys were not properly updated. Just ignore that for now. It will be fixed before launch. For those who don't have a pro account here is a sneak peak gif . We're still testing the code. In particular we want to ensure migration of your current data into the new spells section. Provided all the test pass we will be looking to release this 3 December.
For the dev server version, I couldn't figure out how to get cantrips to heighten, so I just put this formula in for damage:  [[-1 + round((@{level} + 1) / 2 + 0.5)]]d4  (I think I got it from the old 5E sheet ability). I also can't seem to access my compendium on there, so can't test out the drag and drop. One thing I noticed for spells, the toggle for attack clicks if you click on empty space anywhere in that brown box.
Bast L. said: For the dev server version, I couldn't figure out how to get cantrips to heighten, so I just put this formula in for damage:  [[-1 + round((@{level} + 1) / 2 + 0.5)]]d4  (I think I got it from the old 5E sheet ability). I also can't seem to access my compendium on there, so can't test out the drag and drop. One thing I noticed for spells, the toggle for attack clicks if you click on empty space anywhere in that brown box. I think Drag&Drop is not something which should've been already delivered even on Dev server. AFAIK it is still a planned functionality (though I remember it was promised for late 2019).
Can we get an option to increase BULK limits? As it stands I can't add to the starting 5 and 10 bulk for things like feats, or magic items, short of carrying a negative bulk entry as carried.
Cassie said: Pathfinder Second Edition spell redesign is on the Dev server. If you are a Pro user, you can go over there and check it out. You'll find some red text were translations keys were not properly updated. Just ignore that for now. It will be fixed before launch. For those who don't have a pro account here is a sneak peak gif . We're still testing the code. In particular we want to ensure migration of your current data into the new spells section. Provided all the test pass we will be looking to release this 3 December. Okay that looks really nice. I can't wait for it to go live. 
Critical damage now has a toggle option. Woohoo! Wasn't expecting this, but thankyou so much!
Sheet Issue Class(es) /  Subclass : Any Description of issue :  The sheet seems "too big" to the window as shown below, so i have to make the screen as big as my screen to see the whole sheet. I use Chrome but i tried with firefox (with no extransions) and no luck, same problem. I am the only one with this issue in my group. Dont think if it matters but i use a ultrawide monitor. Screenshots: In game window - Pop out window (able to scroll to the sides)
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Lucas X. said: Sheet Issue Class(es) /  Subclass : Any Description of issue :  The sheet seems "too big" to the window as shown below, so i have to make the screen as big as my screen to see the whole sheet. I use Chrome but i tried with firefox (with no extransions) and no luck, same problem. I am the only one with this issue in my group. Dont think if it matters but i use a ultrawide monitors) I replicated your issue when I switched my Roll20 language to Portuguese. This problem seems to be contained with the PF2E sheet when the portugese language files are used, so Roll20 will need to make Portuguese-specific CSS changes. Ask your group if the have their Roll20 account in another language than Portuguese. Possible (temporal) solution: Change your Roll20 account to use English when you play PF2E.
Where can I get proper documentation for the rolls  template that comes with the sheet? The wiki is bare.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Sanderson Tavares. said: Where can I get proper documentation for the rolls  template that comes with the sheet? The wiki is bare. Unfortunately, that's the best there is(at least now?). One way to figure out how it's used, one suggestion is you take a look at the syntax of different buttons, and then piece together a structure that works for you(you can do that by rolling something from your sheet, and then in the text chat press the Up arrow, which will show the macro of your last roll). Or if you want to take a look at how the roll template is constructed, you can take a look at the sourcecode , and then read on the roll template syntax in general. If you have some specific goal in mind you want to achieve with the rolltemplate, or get stuck while looking at the code, you could make a separate thread here in the Character Sheet Forum, and ask for specific help, and someone(me incuded) will likely try to help you out. Remember to mention how much you figured out/learned in the initial post so people know how to help you better.
Can we get a toggle on BULK area of inventory to add Hefty Hauler Bonus so I don't have to add a NEGATIVE 2 worn item?  Also need an area in the toggle to ITEM bonus from Bags of Holding. Also can we get an area on the PERCEPTION area that let's me add the +2 Bonus from Feats to "ALL" initiative rolls? I know I can toggle the bonus section and add the +2 manually, but (I feel like I shouldn't have to do that for a PERMANENT bonus.
Is there documentation available on the Drag N' Drop feature? I'm writing my own NPC/Monster generator based on Paizo's released DMG content, and it would be really great if I could spit out a JSON and get a ready to go NPC sheet out of it. 
Feature Request One-liner  Title : Move the Actions and Activities/Free Actions and Reactions off of the Details Tab to the Feats Tab Brief  Description : Currently, Actions and Activities, as well as Free Actions and Reactions are on the Details section of the PF2e Character sheet. Not only is this confusing due to simple terminology, but it also places the players actions in an area that's out of sight most of the time. This was likely implemented due to how it's displayed on the official PF2e character sheet. As a result, my players frequently forget the actions they can take as they look at their "Feats" tab rather than the "Details" tab. Even if they don't forget, they have to click between two tabs to look through all of their actions, combined with quite a lot of scrolling. Currently, the Feats Page is a better fit for this both in terms of terminology and in terms of space. The new space can be used for a "Backstory" text box on the Details page as "Campaign Notes" also sounds like it's more for note-taking rather than for the backstory of a character. References : Pathfinder 2E Core Rulebook Page 626
Jetan said: Feature Request One-liner  Title : Move the Actions and Activities/Free Actions and Reactions off of the Details Tab to the Feats Tab Brief  Description : Currently, Actions and Activities, as well as Free Actions and Reactions are on the Details section of the PF2e Character sheet. Not only is this confusing due to simple terminology, but it also places the players actions in an area that's out of sight most of the time. This was likely implemented due to how it's displayed on the official PF2e character sheet. As a result, my players frequently forget the actions they can take as they look at their "Feats" tab rather than the "Details" tab. Even if they don't forget, they have to click between two tabs to look through all of their actions, combined with quite a lot of scrolling. Currently, the Feats Page is a better fit for this both in terms of terminology and in terms of space. The new space can be used for a "Backstory" text box on the Details page as "Campaign Notes" also sounds like it's more for note-taking rather than for the backstory of a character. References : Pathfinder 2E Core Rulebook Page 626 +1 to this. This is a minor change but I had the same feedback from almost all my players. Also please consider the ask for NPC actions which I requested before to make the NPC entries more aligned with bestiary format:  1) Please make  Trigger  go BEFORE the  Effect  of the ability 2) Please make both  Trigger  and the  Effect  BOLD (currently only Trigger is Bold) 3) Please make the type of the ability (i.e. Reaction/Free Action)  BOLD  and easy to read (now it is the same as the ability text) 4) Please make the  number of Actions  (1-2-3) required to pefrorm the ability go RIGHT AFTER the ability (currently it is in the end which is really disturbing, in the Bestiary it goes after the name of the ability and is made of clearly readible icons)
Hi! So it looks like the new update broke something? When I increase the level of a character, all skill modifiers default to strength, and the proficiency defaults to expert (but displaying incorrectly). Changing a modifier turns the value into a macro. Changing the proficiency value, resets the attribute back to strength. Not sure if anything else was messed up, the skills section were just the first thing I noticed.
I've had the same issues as Nelson V. In addition, 3 out of my 4 PCs have the new spell tabs displaying and working correctly, but the 4th (a druid) is displaying the more limited format that appears only if you choose to make an NPC/monster a Spellcaster (which I haven't).
Skill mods from attributes broken for me as well.
Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
The update page also mentions a greyscale option, but I can't seem to find it. 
The update page mentions greyscale as "in development", not as a released feature yet.

Edited 1575412250
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Royal said: The update page mentions greyscale as "in development", not as a released feature yet. Today's Release notes say: Character Sheets Pathfinder 2 by Roll20: Spell redesign, compact roll template, and a greyscale color option. D&D 5e by Roll20: Expanded spell view Edit: I'm encountering the same thing Nelson V. and Mik Holmes is seeing. Edit 2: electric bogaloo: Skills seems fine again.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Global calculators in sheet works should be fixed now. Let me know if you're still having issues. You may need to trigger the sheetworkers by making a change and then changing it back. Other color options are not yet in production. The release notes for this week were likely gathered before I made some changes due to delays.

Edited 1575423183
I literally saw that particular update post which is now what im assuming was originally referenced just a minute before writing this post. whoops. [Edit] Looking over the changes that were made, i noticed the PF2 Action Symbols are finally up on the top of the page, but do not seem to be used elsewhere. but with that in mind: Add Drop-Down Menu to display action symbols in all Feat/Spells/Attacks --Many feats are, themselves, actions or activities, as are some attacks! being able to select an appropriate Action symbol to display in the chat readout in the sheet listing itself is a great visual reminder for the action requirement differences for a regular Strike [1] versus Power Attack [2]. Examples: Moment of Clarity (Barbarian feat, 1 action, CRB page 88) Liberating Step (Champion feature, reaction, CRB page 107) Power Attack (Fighter Feat, 2 actions, CRB 144) You're Next (Rogue Feat, Reaction, CRB 183) Shattering Strike (Monk feat, 2 actions, CRB 165) Add way to call Skill checks and Class DC in Strikes/Feats --Many feats also allow a player to make a strike and a skill check, or call for a check or save from the target versus the players skill or class DC. While there's likely a way to do this already in the notes of attacks, I'm currently the only one in my game with the knowledge or will to tinker with calling on sheet workers and it would save me, and others as well, a great deal of time to have something for this on the sheet (This one is probably more of a doozy, so I'd deffo expect this to get put on a backburner, until more pertinent issues are dealt with) Examples: Tangled Forest Stance (Monk feat, target reflex/Acrobatics/Athletics vs User Class DC, CRB 163) Dragon's Rage Breath (Barbarian feat, reflex vs Class DC, CRB 90) Debilitating Bomb (Alchemist Feat, Fortitude vs Class DC, CRB 78) Dragon Roar (Monk feat, Will save vs Intimidation DC, CRB 161) Knockdown (Fighter Feat, Athletics to trip as part of a Strike, CRB 146)

Edited 1575432929
Wait, are the degrees of success STILL tied to Saving Throws? There's spells like Tanglefoot that have detailed degrees of success effects with spell attack rolls, but I still gotta turn on both Spell Attacks and Saving Throws to get the full form of the spell. Not happy about this at all. That and the number of actions not appearing on the spell's statblock in the chat once you press it. Both should've been addressed before this went live. Lastly, why is the spell descriptions restricted in size? If it's a longer description, it'll have a scroll bar and you have to scroll through to read the whole spell. Why? It's way simpler to have the whole spell displayed like in the D&D 5E spells, especially utility spells. EDIT: Just noticed, why did Saving Throws on the Character tab get moved below Skills? Like, what???

Edited 1575432899
Sheet Issue Class(es) /  Subclass : Any Description of issue :  Spell proficiency does not seem to work - old sheets still work, but never update if proficiency is altered, while new sheets are unresponsive - both stat modifiers and proficiency seem to do nothing. Screenshots: Character with +2 Charisma and Expert proficiency in all schools of magic (should have +7). Numbers manually entered, rank does nothing. Also apparently whenever we roll Lores they appear as "Lore Name". Edit: further testing, aka me touching buttons, has revealed the spell attack proficiency gets stuck in edit mode if I fiddle with the NPC version of the sheet. I'll try to repeat it, for now I know it involved the "Spellcaster" button.
Cassie said: Global calculators in sheet works should be fixed now. Let me know if you're still having issues. You may need to trigger the sheetworkers by making a change and then changing it back. Other color options are not yet in production. The release notes for this week were likely gathered before I made some changes due to delays. Thanks for the update, Cassie! Feature Request Template One-liner  Title : Prepared vs Unprepared spells filter Brief  Description : To filter prepared spells vs unprepared  It is daunting to see all the spellbook before the player and try to figure out which of them are prepared for the day and if they still have charges for them. One of my players already have > 15 spells and when we will be lvl 17-19 ther will be > 40! To say the truth this is a critical functionality as I see it. References : N/A

Edited 1575494063
Class(es) /  Subclass : Spellcasters (noticed on Cleric) Description of issue :  Spell attack and DC are not working inside spells Screenshots: and inside spell...
Class(es) /  Subclass : All Description of issue :  The trained/untrained drop-down selections are all cut-off halfway. Screenshots:
Is there a way to turn off the condensing of the Notes section in rolls (attacks/saves/etc.)? My various play groups use the Notes section to show everything at once for better sight into everything happening at once. Having the Notes section condensed with a scroll bar means the GM and players have to take the time to scroll down to read through everything.
Ezekieru said: Wait, are the degrees of success STILL tied to Saving Throws? Degrees of success are frequently tied to your own attack roll. Some monsters even have an attack roll that then influences a follow-up saving throw (in the same way a nat 20 does, bumps degree by one step), but its different with some feats. Fighter's Knockdown (two actions) Has you make a Strike , allowing you to ignore the free hand requirement of the follow-up Trip action if your using a two-handed weapon, also ignoring MAP until both actions are completed. But then there's Fighter's Brutish Shove , a single action Strike that also grants the benefits of a Shove action without making a follow-up Athletics check to do so. So stuff's wack, sometimes, and partly why I'd like to be able to call for rolls in-menu. I'm sure I could manage to cobble something in the notes, but in-menu means my players could do it themselves without me doing it for them.
Maciej M. said: Class(es) /  Subclass : Spellcasters (noticed on Cleric) Description of issue :  Spell attack and DC are not working inside spells Screenshots: and inside spell... How did you get the proficiency to work in the first place? Or is it a sheet made before the update? I noticed those still have the numbers.
Thank you, Cassie, for all the work you've put into the updates! Chiming in with some feedback: Sheet Issue Description of Issue: The toggles for spell types are inconsistent across different characters. I set these three sheets so that Innate Spells are hidden and Focus Spells, Cantrips, and Spells are visible. Screeshots: